PDA

View Full Version : My Never before seen EAGLES photos!

OutlawManNJ
02-18-2013, 07:17 PM
So here is the Story of my drama at an Eagles concert in 94.

The story is about me at Giants stadium in 94 during the Hell Freezes Over Tour and the only 12 photographs I managed to take. I was a huge Eagles fan and went to that 94 show and had a camera on me like most people. The difference was that my camera was a little nicer than most of the point and shoots people had on them. At the time I was starting to get interested in Photography and in particular concert photography. So I made it a custom to take my film camera to any show I could. It was a 35mm camera with a zoom lens. Today I am a Pro photographer so I did stick with it!

Anyway I had waited my entire life to see them play and was very excited. I had no problem getting in the Stadium with the camera. The person at the gate saw it and let me in. This is the same show featured in the opening of Part 2 of the new Eagles Film.

I had great tickets for a stadium show, 12th row on the floor slightly to Walsh's side of the stage. I was right up there.

As they came on and opened with Hotel california I took a few shots like many people around me and put the camera down. For the next 2 or 3 songs I would take a shot or 2. After 12 shots somewhere into the 3rd or 4th song suddenly an Eagles security guy shows up in the middle of a song and tells me no photos. So I say ok and proceed to put the camera away. But he then says "give me the film". I said "why?? Other people are taking photos and you are not stopping them but you want my film??" He insisted and said give me the film or get kicked out! All this while the Eagles sing just some feet away. I tried to talk him out of it telling him I was a big fan and would feel like he was taking a part of me if he took my photos but he stood his ground:

"You have 5 seconds to give me the film or be kicked out"

I really didnt want to give him my film so I did some quick thinking and gave him a roll of shots from the parking lot and he finally left. After settling down I took the film out of the camera and hid it just in case he came back and then enjoyed the rest of the show. But my immediate thought was these guys are making millions upon millions and they hound their fans because of some photos? Even worse threaten to kick them out if they dont hand over personal property! I was pissed and never forgot that. I know it wasnt Frey or Henley themselves that walked off stage to grab my film but I always felt that it was something they approved (if thats true or not I don't know). It did leave a little bad taste in my mouth but i still love the band and music and was thrilled waching the new film which is what led me to this forum.

Here is the 10th frame of the 12 I shot that night. Joe Walsh wearing a baloon hat! As mentioned before I was about 12 rows back on the floor center-right. I will post more in this thread as we go along...one at a time.

I've never shown then until now.

http://www.schroderphotography.com/concerts/Schroder_Walsh_sm.jpg

sodascouts
02-18-2013, 07:29 PM
lol! Cute!

Topkat
02-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Nice shot, but we need to see the rest, please!

OutlawManNJ
02-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Right now I only have 3 of the 12 Digitized. So here is another. This is the 6th shot of 12 I took that night. I know the band opened with Hotel California...but Im not sure what the next few songs were. This was probably the 2nd or 3rd song of the night.

http://schroderphotography.com/concerts/Schroder_Henley_sm.jpg

timfan
02-18-2013, 08:26 PM
They look so young! Beautiful photos! :thumbsup:

RebeccaLovesEagles
02-18-2013, 08:33 PM
I love the pictures :thumbsup: Joe looks good in balloons and Don looks good in anything but suspenders lol :nahnah: :hilarious:

Prettymaid
02-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Nice! Thanks!

GlennLover
02-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Those are great, OM! Looking forward to seeing the others!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Those are great pictures, OM. Thanks for sharing them with us. So glad you quick to think of giving the security guy the other roll of film! :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
02-19-2013, 12:28 AM
First...welcome to the Border OM...glad to have you!

The pics are great...I must show my sister the one of Joe...she loves him when he's being silly...She'll love this one

I understand you're being miffed about the camera...Henley himself scolded the audience in Atlantic City about filming...I put my camera away after taking only one photo...I think he meant video but I wasn't taking any chances...not a fun thing being scolded by the man himself...

can't wait to see more...

OutlawManNJ
02-19-2013, 01:30 AM
First...welcome to the Border OM...glad to have you!

The pics are great...I must show my sister the one of Joe...she loves him when he's being silly...She'll love this one

I understand you're being miffed about the camera...Henley himself scolded the audience in Atlantic City about filming...I put my camera away after taking only one photo...I think he meant video but I wasn't taking any chances...not a fun thing being scolded by the man himself...

can't wait to see more...

When was this the other day when he played AC?

What did he say? You know, nowadays I can almost understand when they complain. I went to see Cake a few weeks ago in NYC and the singer didnt care that people filmed BUT he did make a good point, he said "Why dont you folks live the moment and not watch this through an Iphone screen" which makes sense. Lots of times I think that way when I am somewhere and suddenly I realize Im lookin at a screen instead of watching the actual event. Though I think Photos are a little different you dont have to stare at the device like when making a video.

Did Henley complain about that or did he just not want people taking for for copyright reasons?

I just looked up his AC show from a couple weeks ago and here in this clip he is in the middle of OOTN's when he looks at someone and gives them a No sign...I wonder if someone was filming and he didnt like it...

http://youtu.be/yfJF9PcT3GQ?t=2m19s

Witchy Woman
02-19-2013, 01:37 AM
When was this the other day when he played AC?

What did he say? You know, nowadays I can almost understand when they complain. I went to see Cake a few weeks ago in NYC and the singer didnt care that people filmed BUT he did make a good point, he said "Why dont you folks live the moment and not watch this through an Iphone screen" which makes sense. Lots of times I think that way when I am somewhere and suddenly I realize Im lookin at a screen instead of watching the actual event. Though I think Photos are a little different you dont have to stare at the device like when making a video.

Did Henley complain about that or did he just not want people taking for for copyright reasons?

No, Don scolded someone for filming when they were in AC in September. He's right, it is a copyright violation to video record. I take umbrage with the picture thing however. I believe I have the right to take photos for my own pleasure as a souvenir. He said nothing when he was there earlier this month. But there was an announcement that it was his wish that no photos or video was taken before he came on.

Brooke
02-19-2013, 11:12 AM
OM, thank you so much for sharing your photos! They are fabulous! That was some quick thinking on your part to give him different film than was in your camera. :thumbsup: Hope to see the rest!

I don't get why they are so adament about the no pictures policy. These days everyone has a phone that takes pictures and there is no way they can stop it completely. But I agree about 'watching' the show. It is very distracting to take a lot of pics. A couple are good for me if I can get decent ones.

Troubadour
02-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks, OM. I love that one of Don - he really looks so young and handsome! Great pics.

Topkat
02-19-2013, 01:24 PM
I was at the Atlantic City Eagles show & they were all over us. The minute I took my camera out, someone came running over to tell me to put it away. This was especially in the front row.
There was a girl that kept trying to sneak into the front row every time Joe was doing a song, & these guys just came & dragged her out. Then Don did make a comment like, Don't film me to someone up front.

Great picture of Don. Thanks

VAisForEagleLovers
02-19-2013, 02:16 PM
I was at the Atlantic City Eagles show & they were all over us. The minute I took my camera out, someone came running over to tell me to put it away. This was especially in the front row.
There was a girl that kept trying to sneak into the front row every time Joe was doing a song, & these guys just came & dragged her out. Then Don did make a comment like, Don't film me to someone up front.

Great picture of Don. Thanks

Oddly enough, this isn't what you said that night or in your review of the show. You said you were asked not to use flash and since you didn't know how to turn your flash off, you didn't take any more pictures. You said nothing about them running over to you the minute you took your camera out.

The request from Don for no filming (that was ambiguous as to whether it meant photos as well) was the first night (not the night you were there). The second night I sat in the front row, dead center, right in front of Glenn and then Don when he was out front, and had no problems taking pictures. Glenn made a comment to the woman beside HH in the front who was obviously filming Lyin' Eyes during the second show.

As for the chick who came to the front every time Joe sang, they do that at every arena as far as I know when no stage rushes are allowed. If you don't have a front row seat, you don't get to be in the front row.

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Thank you for sharing your pics and your story OM and welcome to the border from me too.

Any pics of Glenn :heart:?

OutlawManNJ
02-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Thank you for sharing your pics and your story OM and welcome to the border from me too.

Any pics of Glenn :heart:?

Thanks, yes I have at least 1 of each member alone and then a few whole band shots. I don't have the Glenn one digitized yet but will post when I do.

OutlawManNJ
02-19-2013, 03:34 PM
OK one more exclusive photo.....this is one of the whole band. As you can see in this shot and others and also in the new film, there were lots of cameras on stage that night, so they must have this show on video or film. Wish they would release it.

http://www.schroderphotography.com/concerts/Schroder_Eagles_sm1.jpg

Topkat
02-19-2013, 04:29 PM
I
agree with you PM, They should have just had someone announce, "[QUOTE]NO FILMING or FLASH, or your camera will be taken away until the show is over"
I think that would have gotten the point across, without Don having to announce that. I'm glad that I wasn't there that night, because I would have been turned off by Don making comments like that. He said nothing on Sun night. Only a few dared to video, like that one woman in the front row, & when my flash went off, a security guy came over to me & I went no further.
I didn't know how to turn off my flash. End of story! I actually enjoy the show a lot more when I am not taking pictures or video. You can really enjoy the moment & be there without worrying about the camera.
I did notice Glenn make that statement Sun night but I didn't let it ruin the song for me.

Welcome darwene. It was nice to meet you! I didn't get to talk to you that much. I think I was in my own little world after the show!!

This is what I posted about the camera & the flash. The security guy was on me really fast. I got 2 pictures, that's it.
Now I remember that it was Glenn who said, Don't film me during Lyin' Eyes on Sun.
Don didn't say anything Sun night, but I heard he said something Sat night.

Houston Debutante
02-19-2013, 05:21 PM
http://schroderphotography.com/concerts/Schroder_Henley_sm.jpg

Wow!!

Tori
02-20-2013, 08:10 PM
That one of Don looks... just... ugh, there are no words. :inlove:

Glennhoney
02-20-2013, 09:31 PM
...none of Glenn???:-(

UK TimFan
02-20-2013, 10:39 PM
...none of Glenn???:-(

See message #18.

Thanks, yes I have at least 1 of each member alone and then a few whole band shots. I don't have the Glenn one digitized yet but will post when I do.

Outlawman13
02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Those are too awesome!!!!!!! Don Henley 's picture is the best. LOL so handsome

Houston Debutante
03-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Hey OMNJ, I notice you talk about digitizing, I'm not sure what that process consists of but it sounds like it takes a really long time. Why not just scan in the prints? That would take about 30 seconds each.

OutlawManNJ
03-03-2013, 05:02 AM
Hey OMNJ, I notice you talk about digitizing, I'm not sure what that process consists of but it sounds like it takes a really long time. Why not just scan in the prints? That would take about 30 seconds each.

I dont have prints of the images. Just Negatives.

sodascouts
03-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Oh! Have you considered getting prints made? It might be less of a burden on you since there's only a few. In fact, some places might be able to turn them into image files for you right there on the spot.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we don't mind if you take such a shortcut in order to make it easier on yourself. It sounds like it must be a very difficult, time-consuming process to digitize a negative.

Thanks again for posting these!

OutlawManNJ
03-19-2013, 02:18 AM
Finally got the final negatives scanned.

Lets start with my favorite shot, Don Felder during Hotel California with his double guitar. It was the 2nd shot I took that night of the 12 before I was stopped by an Eagles security type guy. This was at a sold out Giants Stadium. As you can see I got one of the seats in the house. I was actually in the 12th row floor, which isnt the best but in a Stadium that aint bad.

http://www.schroderphotography.com/concerts/Schroder_Felder_sm.jpg

Brooke
03-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Awesome!

Outlawman13
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
OHHHH Felder's is too amazing with that double guitar. LOL I can't wait 'til I see Glenn's:heart:

zeldabjr
03-19-2013, 07:07 PM
great pic!!!

Topkat
03-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Nice, do you have a shot of Timothy?