PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles" DVD, Blu-Ray, or Deluxe Edition

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2013, 09:46 AM
The DVD and Blue Ray will be available 4/30, not 4/23 as previously stated. It can be preordered on the band's website.

http://eaglesband.com/historyoftheeaglesdvd

timfan
03-12-2013, 10:27 AM
FINALLY!!! :partytime::partytime:

a few things tho... wondering if it'll be shown on Canadian and International TV before this date (as I believe it was Glenn that said it would). Also for my friends outside North America hope they come out with a version for them. Finally wondering if the DVD/bluray will be available in stores on Apri 30th.. I'm going to wait a few days to pre order and see if any further info comes out.

sodascouts
03-12-2013, 10:58 AM
The Deluxe Edition looks mega-cool but $225... I don't know. I'll have to think about that.

The Blu Ray and DVD are $40 and $35 respectively. Now that I have a Blu Ray, I'd get that, except I'm a bit concerned that the smaller size means the booklet won't be as nice.

Shadowland07
03-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Yeah $225....I don't think so. I'm about to go back to college and ain't really looking to spend that much. I think I'll be happy with the Blu-Ray. But "New Kid in Town" live!!!! So now we know 5 out of the 8 songs from the concert. I'm wonder what the other 3 will be...

sodascouts
03-12-2013, 11:13 AM
With those super-deluxe one, I don't care about all the little decorative accoutrements like the leather tie and embossed box, but I do really want to see this 40 page case-bound book which presumably contains different material from the booklet you get with the BluRay and DVD. The extra photos would be nice, too, although I wish the lithograph wasn't that skull thing. I'd much rather display a lithograph with a nice photo of our guys than a cow skull, but that's just me (and I'll be skipping the skull t-shirt add-on too).

I'll probably wind up getting it, even if it is $225.

I think folks should note that the deluxe version only comes with BluRay, so if you don't have a BluRay player, you're out of luck there.

timfan
03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
No way I can afford $225..can't even consider it. I will be getting the DVD

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Wow, I didn't really look at the link before posting it (trying to work). You know I won't be able to resist the deluxe package with the book. No idea what I'd with the other extras. My concern is how much time it'll take to get the package. I've not had good luck getting things from official websites, Glenn's, Joe's, or even Bob Seger's.

prayfordaylight
03-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I'm really wary of pre-ordering from them. I'll stick with the DVDs because I know one of you will splurge and scan photos for us :D

sodascouts
03-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Well, I won't be scanning them in because I don't want to diminish the value, but I will let you know if there's any new photos in there or if they're all ones we've seen before. That book is going to have to be freaking awesome to justify paying almost $200 more (because that's what we all really want, the book and the photos - the other stuff is incidental to most).

You guys have a good point about the pre-order. I love our guys, but they inexplicably use largely incompetent people to run their websites and handle their online store purchases. Order after order after order has been screwed up.

ETA: Unless you want the T-shirt as well, you can also pre-order it from the much more reliable amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=%22history+of+the+eagles%22&rh=n%3A2625373011%2Ck%3A%22history+of+the+eagles%2 2
. Be aware that you probably won't get it the day of release, though.

Victim of Love
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
It's exciting that the pre-order has been announced! I've been checking every day because I figured it would be coming available pretty soon. But I was looking over the options and have two questions.

First, when you begin the order process it gives you the option to add a 'promotional code'. Is anybody aware that there even IS one?

And second, WHY DON'T THEY offer a women's style T-shirt? I, for one, would spend the additional $20 for the t-shirt if it wasn't a man's shirt. I suspect the majority of people ordering are going to be female and I have to wonder how many will actually order WITH the shirt. (Soda, maybe this is a question you could put to Julie and ask her to pass it on!?!)

Anyway, I'll be submitting my preorder this weekend! (And FYI, Amazon is offering the 3-DVD set for $24.49. I've had really great luck with my pre-orders from them and received both After Hours and Analog Man ON the release dates!)

timfan
03-12-2013, 12:05 PM
On amazon here in Canada, there is an option of a package with Book and photos for $35 Canadian that's what I just bought. Soo much for waiting hehehe the deal was just too good to miss.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BSBUZPU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#productPromotions

sodascouts
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
First, when you begin the order process it gives you the option to add a 'promotional code'. Is anybody aware that there even IS one?

Not that I know of. These forms are generic because the service offers more than one product, so that probably pops up regardless of whether their actually is one or not.

And second, WHY DON'T THEY offer a women's style T-shirt? I, for one, would spend the additional $20 for the t-shirt if it wasn't a man's shirt. I suspect the majority of people ordering are going to be female and I have to wonder how many will actually order WITH the shirt. (Soda, maybe this is a question you could put to Julie and ask her to pass it on!?!)I have no idea why they don't do women's shirts! Perhaps they don't think they'd sell enough to bother with manufacturing both, but I look ugly in men's T-shirts and have no desire to buy one either, and like you said, they have many female customers. I think it would be worth their while. I don't think Julie has any control over that, however!

Anyway, I'll be submitting my preorder this weekend! (And FYI, Amazon is offering the 3-DVD set for $24.49. I've had really great luck with my pre-orders from them and received both After Hours and Analog Man ON the release dates!)

I just saw that it was on Amazon too and edited my post to include that, but I haven't been as lucky as you when it comes to release dates. Maybe it depends on where you live.

Here's something weird. The Amazon prices for the DVD and Blu Ray versions are about $10 less, but their price for the Deluxe Set is $45 more! What the freak is that about? Shoot, I didn't want to order from the official site because they botch orders so often, but I will if it saves me $45.

sodascouts
03-12-2013, 12:19 PM
On amazon (at least here in Canada) there is an option of a package with Book and photos for $35 Canadian that's what I just bought. Soo much for waiting hehehe the deal was just too good to miss.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BSBUZPU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#productPromotions

Oh my gosh, if that includes the 40-page book and photos without all the decorative bells and whistles that jack the price up to $225, I'm going to be ordering from the Canadian Amazon site. It's not available on the US site.

Closely comparing this with the Deluxe Package on the official site: This one doesn't have Blu Ray or the lithograph and has 5 less photos, but ordering the Blu Ray separately and adding it to the order would still be a heck of a lot cheaper than the official site's deluxe version. I guess you have to decide if the packaging, lithograph, and 5 extra photos are worth paying that much more.

sodascouts
03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
I got the impression from the write-up on the band's website that the photo booklet with the DVD/BR is similar to the inserts you get that fit as the front cover. The deluxe version has the book and ten 'archival-quality' photos, plus the lithograph, and of course the book. Even if they're the same photos, the quality would be severely diminshed, squashing them into a booklet.

Perhaps we should inquire whether the Deluxe Canadian package has the larger book or just a smaller one. The description of the book on the Deluxe Canadian package is that it is the 48 page one and not just the regular booklet, but even though it's the same length that doesn't mean it isn't smaller in size which would definitely affect picture quality.

If it's significantly smaller in size, I'll go back to getting the $225 one.

Brooke
03-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Oh my, what to do! I've not had good luck getting anything through Amazon pre-order and swore I'd never do it again, but the Canadian Amazon deal sounds great! So, we can order through them even though we live in the states?

I know I won't be getting the deluxe model. Way too expensive for me. Besides hubby would kill me and I really want to live the rest of my life! Don't have a blue-ray either so it's the dvd for me, but, go to the stores or wait for Amazon? :hmm:

sodascouts
03-12-2013, 01:40 PM
It's no problem to buy off of another country's Amazon site, although you might have to pay extra shipping. The Canadian and US dollar are roughly equivalent.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Here is a little more about the release and a somewhat inaccurate review of the movie itself.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-history-dvd-blu-ray-release-date/

Houston Debutante
03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
The Deluxe Edition looks mega-cool but $225... I don't know. I'll have to think about that.

The Blu Ray and DVD are $40 and $35 respectively. Now that I have a Blu Ray, I'd get that, except I'm a bit concerned that the smaller size means the booklet won't be as nice.

What could be in the Deluxe Edition that's worth almost $200 over the price of the regular Blue Ray? Is the lithograph made of gold? I've never paid $200 for a book and some photos before and I'm not going to start now. What's a lithograph other than a special kind of picture after all.

I might try that Canadian deluxe one though. Thanks for finding that timfan.

prayfordaylight
03-12-2013, 03:02 PM
ETA: Unless you want the T-shirt as well, you can also pre-order it from the much more reliable amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=%22history+of+the+eagles%22&rh=n%3A2625373011%2Ck%3A%22history+of+the+eagles%2 2
. Be aware that you probably won't get it the day of release, though.

It's odd - your link works but I've been going there every day and searching for History of the Eagles and nothing comes up that way unless you dig further. Way to make it hard to find.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2013, 03:05 PM
What could be in the Deluxe Edition that's worth almost $200 over the price of the regular Blue Ray? Is the lithograph made of gold? I've never paid $200 for a book and some photos before and I'm not going to start now. What's a lithograph other than a special kind of picture after all.

I might try that Canadian deluxe one though. Thanks for finding that timfan.

The book would be worth $30 - $40.

The ten archival-quality photographs would be, say, $50 ($5 a piece)

The lithograph would be $20

The specially designed foil-stamped and embossed box, with a Native American blanket-inspired liner, beautifully wrapped in a leather tie and fastened with a bone button would be worth $30

The cachet of saying you have the deluxe package - $Priceless (or somewhere around $60)

**Disclaimer**I pulled those numbers out of thin air to try to be funny. I have no idea what any of those would be worth separately, except perhaps the cachet of being able to say you have the deluxe package :grin:

Brooke
03-12-2013, 04:45 PM
It's odd - your link works but I've been going there every day and searching for History of the Eagles and nothing comes up that way unless you dig further. Way to make it hard to find.

I tried to find it without this link and never could find it either. Today.

VA, that was funny! :hilarious:

Freypower
03-12-2013, 04:47 PM
I will get the expensive package if we can play Region A on our Blu Ray player.

ETA: It doesn't. I guess I will have to wait for an amazon.co.uk release & hope they start selling the T shirts separately.

Freypower
03-12-2013, 04:49 PM
It's exciting that the pre-order has been announced! I've been checking every day because I figured it would be coming available pretty soon. But I was looking over the options and have two questions.

And second, WHY DON'T THEY offer a women's style T-shirt? I, for one, would spend the additional $20 for the t-shirt if it wasn't a man's shirt. I suspect the majority of people ordering are going to be female and I have to wonder how many will actually order WITH the shirt. (Soda, maybe this is a question you could put to Julie and ask her to pass it on!?!)

Sorry; I need to ask. I thought Julie was Tim's assistant. I didn't know she had anything to do with running eaglesband.com?

Thirsty&Hot
03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
pre-ordered the blu-ray from amazon! it was only $27.99
I decided against the deluxe...way too much extra money for basically just the book which is all I would be curious to see.
I'd rather save the extra cash to put towards my concert fund!

I'm really excited to see the 1977 concert! We get to see Glenn shake his booty...maybe he does it more than once :inlove:

Maybe it's because I have Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping), but I always get my pre-orders on the exact day of release. Also, they have a price guarantee, so if it does go down at all, I get it for the lower price.

It's so weird that the deluxe is so much more money on Amazon though when everything else is cheaper. It even says the retail price is supposed to be $299. there's an option to report a lower price that you've seen so I did that. I linked the eaglesband.com and quoted the $225. maybe if enough people do that they will lower it, because that's their thing usually..having the lowest price.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Unless Amazon drops their price, I'll order from the band's website. I'll go ahead and run out to Best Buy or wherever and get the BR version and then when my deluxe set is delivered, I'll give the other one away.

GlennLover
03-12-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm in a real quandary here! I don't want to wait any longer than April 30 to see the documentary! However, I want the book & photos as well. $225 is alot though & I haven't had good luck ordering from the Eagles' site (it took forever for most things & one keychain I never did get even though it was paid for) or Glenn's site (my order took a very long time). I'm sure if I ordered through either of those sites I would have to wait much longer than I am willing to. But, if the doc was shown on Canadian television before April 30 I would be able to record it & then I could wait for one of the deluxe versions. Even making a choice as to which version would be challenging.

I have had good luck with preorder from Amazon.ca when I paid for express shipping. After Hours arrived at 1:00 PM on the day of release. Walmart also had it on the release date so, depending on whether it is shown on TV and the option I choose, I will probably buy it there. I think they open at 8:00AM. I really don't want to purchase the Blu-Ray twice if I can help it.

What's a girl to do? :worried: I think I will hold off on preorder until we get more info. I had sent an email to Tim's site when I received an email from his site advising of the US airing of the doc asking if it would be shown in Canada, but I never got an answer.

zeldabjr
03-12-2013, 06:32 PM
not sure what to do...I plan on getting a new TV and probably a blu ray player...so I'm thinking I'll order the blue ray even though I don't have one yet...after that I don't know what to get...well I know what I want...do I want to spend the dough...

GlennLover
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
not sure what to do...I plan on getting a new TV and probably a blu ray player...so I'm thinking I'll order the blue ray even though I don't have one yet...after that I don't know what to get...well I know what I want...do I want to spend the dough...

That's the question! :brickwall:

timfan
03-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Sorry; I need to ask. I thought Julie was Tim's assistant. I didn't know she had anything to do with running eaglesband.com?

You are correct FP, Julie does not participate in running eaglesband.com. She solely works as Timothy's assitant and cannot speak for or pass fan messages on to those at eaglesband.com.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Some clarification about what's in each set that's for sale, as well as listing the songs from the HC tour that are 'bonus'. Also, the rights picked up by Capitol Records.

Both sets will include 5.1 Surround Sound and Stereo audio and will be packaged in a six-panel digipak with accompanying photographic booklet. A Super Deluxe Box Set will be released as a limited edition, complete with three Blu-ray discs; a 40-page casebound book featuring still photos from the films; 10 archival-quality photographs of the band from throughout its storied history; and a specially created lithograph of the band’s desert-bleached skull icon. All elements in this limited edition deluxe set will be packaged in a specially designed foil-stamped and embossed box, with a Native American blanket-inspired liner, beautifully wrapped in a leather tie, and fastened with a bone button.

Eagles Live at the Capital Centre - March 1977 features previously unreleased concert performances of Hotel California, New Kid In Town, Take It To The Limit, One Of These Nights, Lyin’ Eyes, Rocky Mountain Way, Best Of My Love and Take It Easy.

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2013/03/history-of-eagles-documentary-coming-to.html

WalshFan88
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Going to get/preorder the Bluray, and start saving my money for the Amazon Super Deluxe set. :hilarious: Not going to worry about the shirt, they don't have them in my size anyway.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Wow - this is going to be harder than it was to buy my last car! I guess I'll go over to the band's website and Amazon to sort through all of the options. :confused:

sodascouts
03-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the info, VA.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm going to keep checking Walmart.com and see if it goes on pre-order there.

Victim of Love
03-12-2013, 11:00 PM

For those who have commented on my post/question about the T-Shirt thing (and I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone) I understand that Julie is Timothy's assistant and not directly affiliated with the band. However, when I said 'pass it along' I was implying - and obviously I didn't state it clearly - that Timothy IS an Eagle (as well as a remarkable solo artist). I was thinking 'domino effect'. Sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding. My bad!

And I'm STILL excited that we're only seven short weeks from release of the DVD!!!

NYC Fan
03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
I ordered the blu ray. The deluxe set would be great, but I'm most interested in that Largo concert, so the regular set will have to do. The quality of that concert was amazing in the documentary. Thank you for the link to the amazon pre order! I had been looking as well and it is not easy to find on the site.

Can't wait to get this and watch the concert footage!

sodascouts
03-13-2013, 02:02 AM
If anyone's curious why there's suddenly a new thread for the pre-order, it's because I split it off so the info about pre-ordering wouldn't get buried in our awesome mega-thread on the documentary. ;)

TimothyBFan
03-13-2013, 08:19 AM
The regular blu-ray will do just fine for me. I couldn't sleep nights (not that I do anyways ;)) if I spent that kind of money on something like this. Especially when I take into consideration that $225 is pretty much face value of a concert ticket to see them & I've sworn I won't do that either unless things are changed up drastically.

Now do I try to get it from the Canadian Amazon or not. Will be interested to see if we get more info on that set.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2013, 09:03 AM
If anyone's curious why there's suddenly a new thread for the pre-order, it's because I split it off so the info about pre-ordering wouldn't get buried in our awesome mega-thread on the documentary. ;)

You do have a way of making me think I lost my mind or my memory!

Houston Debutante
03-13-2013, 10:44 AM
The regular blu-ray will do just fine for me. I couldn't sleep nights (not that I do anyways ;)) if I spent that kind of money on something like this. Especially when I take into consideration that $225 is pretty much face value of a concert ticket to see them & I've sworn I won't do that either unless things are changed up drastically.

Now do I try to get it from the Canadian Amazon or not. Will be interested to see if we get more info on that set.

I agree about it being too much money. I think the Canadian one might be the way to go because it looks like we can get the book too, and I don't have much use for the rest.

GlennLover
03-13-2013, 12:53 PM
TIt states on their website that the deluxe set is a limited edition. Does anyone know from past experience how "limited" their editions are? If I didn't get it right away, I'm wondering how long it will be available. I realize that it is "limited" by quantity, not time so I guess I take my chances by waiting. But, how much of a demand will there be at that price? :confused:

Brooke
03-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Well, the complete catalog box set is still available on ebay, and how long ago was it released? I just bought mine a few months ago!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Well, the complete catalog box set is still available on ebay, and how long ago was it released? I just bought mine a few months ago!

On ebay as new? I just looked at Amazon, the box set I bought years ago is no longer offered (new). There is the new Studio collection, with the six CDs, and the 'new' box set that is the same as what I bought, only digitally remastered. The last one isn't offered by Amazon, but another seller, and the price is exorbitant ($361). It says it's 'imported' so I have to wonder about it.

UK TimFan
03-13-2013, 03:14 PM
TIt states on their website that the deluxe set is a limited edition. Does anyone know from past experience how "limited" their editions are? If I didn't get it right away, I'm wondering how long it will be available. I realize that it is "limited" by quantity, not time so I guess I take my chances by waiting. But, how much of a demand will there be at that price? :confused:
It doesn't say it now when I click on the link, but earlier I'm sure I read 5000. I also got the impression that the 40-page book is what we call screencaps, as I think it said 'scenes from the film'.

Thirsty&Hot
03-13-2013, 07:39 PM
On amazon here in Canada, there is an option of a package with Book and photos for $35 Canadian that's what I just bought. Soo much for waiting hehehe the deal was just too good to miss.

so I already preordered the bluray, but I was looking at this and it certainly is a good deal. I could cancel the bluray preorder, but I have a hi-def tv and I want to see it at its best!
so I was thinking I could keep the bluray AND order this dvd bundle with the book and photos from Amazon.ca and just sell the dvd. Not sure if I should though...decisions decisions! I wish I knew what was inside the book for sure! if it's just screencaps...I don't need it.

Outlawman13
03-13-2013, 08:02 PM
OHHH I just want to see the Eagles!!!!!!! LOL the concert (of '77 or '78 ) is what I really want to see and the extra footage. The photo booklet is just an added bonus for me. LOL. Bring on the glory of the Eagles and the sexiness of Glenn Frey:inlove:.

Thirsty&Hot
03-13-2013, 08:20 PM
OHHH I just want to see the Eagles!!!!!!! LOL the concert (of '77 or '78 ) is what I really want to see and the extra footage. The photo booklet is just an added bonus for me. LOL. Bring on the glory of the Eagles and the sexiness of Glenn Frey:inlove:.

yess! the concert is what I'm most excited about! I was just saying how I wished they would release that Washington DC 1977 concert and here it is on a silver platter! :D Glenn looks amazing in it! he's so fun in it and super hot! and that's just the few clips we saw in the doc. can't wait!

Grey Sadler
03-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Yeahhhh...I'm gonna have to go ahead and opt for the 3-DVD set...don't need the t-shirt, don't have Blu-Ray...and I like those little "costly" things like food, gas, bill payments ;) :lol:

I am totally looking forward to seeing this documentary & concert...it has been an exercise in patience to wait this long, now a few more weeks...ACK!!!! :p

Outlawman13
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
yess! the concert is what I'm most excited about! I was just saying how I wished they would release that Washington DC 1977 concert and here it is on a silver platter! :D Glenn looks amazing in it! he's so fun in it and super hot! and that's just the few clips we saw in the doc. can't wait!

LOL I know what you were saying Tiffany. I really want to see the concert as well and I WANT GLENN ON THAT SILVER PLATTER!!!!!!!!!!! Hand him over now!!!!!! LOL. I want to see that concert now!!!!!!! I have no patience whatsoever when it comes to the Eagles and that sexy man named Glenn:inlove::roll:

Outlawman13
03-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Yeahhhh...I'm gonna have to go ahead and opt for the 3-DVD set...don't need the t-shirt, don't have Blu-Ray...and I like those little "costly" things like food, gas, bill payments ;) :lol:

I am totally looking forward to seeing this documentary & concert...it has been an exercise in patience to wait this long, now a few more weeks...ACK!!!! :p

You haven't seen it yet GS? OHHHH man. You are going to love that documentary. It is so awesome!!!!! I had no patience either. And I still have no patience for waiting 'til the dvd comes out.

Thirsty&Hot
03-13-2013, 10:36 PM
LOL I know what you were saying Tiffany. I really want to see the concert as well and I WANT GLENN ON THAT SILVER PLATTER!!!!!!!!!!! Hand him over now!!!!!! LOL. I want to see that concert now!!!!!!! I have no patience whatsoever when it comes to the Eagles and that sexy man named Glenn:inlove::roll:

haha GREAT...now I'm picturing Glenn sprawled out on a giant silver platter...more like how he looks on the Allnighter album though for some reason haha
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/GFreyBWPiano_zps041de291.jpg

Outlawman13
03-13-2013, 10:52 PM
OHHHHHH man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now dirty thoughts are brewing. LOL. He is so gorgeous in that picture. Damn I think I am jealous of that cigerette.

TimothyBFan
03-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Trying to pre-order from Amazon.ca but having issues with my address. It's a PO Box in our small town and it apparently doesn't want to ship it that way. Sent them an email to see what I can do.

What I'm wondering tho is why the US Amazon is not offering that same package. Is this common to have so many different packages for different countries?

Houston Debutante
03-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I've seen some Japanese imports with bonus tracks before but those are older. Nowadays most bonus tracks just come as digital downloads that are iTunes or Amazon exclusives. Different packages seem to be rare but I guess people from Canada and other counties would have more experience with that than I would, I'm just speaking from personal observations.

I wonder if there are some restrictions placed on packages sold in the United States because they are afraid that unlimited deluxe package will cut into the profits of the 'limited deluxe' one... but then why would they allow it for the sites outside of the US?

GlennLover
03-15-2013, 12:48 PM
What I'm wondering tho is why the US Amazon is not offering that same package. Is this common to have so many different packages for different countries?

I've never encountered any.

Glennsallnighter
03-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Ok, so I was all ready to Order the De Lux box set when I realised that the small print says that the DVDs will only be playable in Region 1 (USA). Now I live in Ireland so they will not possible play for me. Soda suggested that it may play on my PC. Has anyone else any experience of Region 1 DVDs playable in other areas, on either TVs or Computers?

Freypower
03-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Ok, so I was all ready to Order the De Lux box set when I realised that the small print says that the DVDs will only be playable in Region 1 (USA). Now I live in Ireland so they will not possible play for me. Soda suggested that it may play on my PC. Has anyone else any experience of Region 1 DVDs playable in other areas, on either TVs or Computers?

Get it from amazon.co.uk,which is what I will be doing, except that at the moment it is saying that it only contains two discs. I will be waiting until just before the release date & check again whether they have changed the number of discs to 3.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BRBIAFI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0YH8X3Z60WZXA4CNQ8ZN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294

Apparently you can get a player which will play all regions but they are pricey so we are not considering it at the moment. I don't know about your PC.

ETA: I apologise; The above information is for Blu Ray. If you have a region free DVD player you can go ahead & order the DVDs from amazon.com or the band's site.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2013, 10:21 PM
The Deluxe version on the band's site is Blu-Ray. Does Blu-Ray have the same region restrictions as DVDs?

sodascouts
03-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Many Blu Rays are region free, but not all.

Freypower
03-16-2013, 11:07 PM
The Deluxe version on the band's site is Blu-Ray. Does Blu-Ray have the same region restrictions as DVDs?

The Blu Ray advertised on the band's site is Region A (North America) which is why I have to get it from the UK. Region B (Europe) will play in Australia. This is why every Blu Ray we have came from the UK. Our DVD player is region free; our Blu Ray player is not.

TimothyBFan
03-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Received a message from Amazon.ca telling me they don't ship outside Canada. Has anyone else heard this? I might just call them and get a real person to see what's going on. Seems so many options coming from so many directions, I'm getting confused. I want the booklet but I am NOT going to go for that deluxe package.

sodascouts
03-18-2013, 07:44 AM
If they don't ship outside of Canada, why do they have a page with shipping rates to the USA? http://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=918768

I'd definitely call.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Received a message from Amazon.ca telling me they don't ship outside Canada. Has anyone else heard this? I might just call them and get a real person to see what's going on. Seems so many options coming from so many directions, I'm getting confused. I want the booklet but I am NOT going to go for that deluxe package.

I'm not sure the booklet offered in Canada is the same as the book offered with the deluxe package? Maybe I missed something..

sodascouts
03-18-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure the booklet offered in Canada is the same as the book offered with the deluxe package? Maybe I missed something..

The title of the item said that the Canadian package was a "3 DVD Deluxe with 40 page book"... what else could that be? The only difference I can see is that perhaps the Canadian one might be smaller dimension-wise, but I doubt they made two entirely different 40 page books.

OutlawManNJ
03-18-2013, 04:24 PM
The Eagles continue the long tradition of sticking it to their fans....$225? For a 40 page book...10 copied photos...and a box with decorative stuff?

If it at least had real autographs then one could think about it...

no commentary track on the blu ray?

PS:
I highly recommend you guys buy a Blu Ray player...especially if you have a HD TV. Its night and day compared to DVD. And you can get them relatively cheap these days. My BluRay has always been a PS3 so its actually more than a bluray player...it does other things also.

Thirsty&Hot
03-18-2013, 04:52 PM
The Eagles continue the long tradition of sticking it to their fans....$225? For a 40 page book...10 copied photos...and a box with decorative stuff?

If it at least had real autographs then one could think about it...

PS:
I highly recommend you guys buy a Blu Ray player...especially if you have a HD TV. Its night and day compared to DVD. And you can get them relatively cheap these days. My BluRay has always been a PS3 so its actually more than a bluray player...it does other things also.

yeahh that's why i just went with the blu-ray edition. $225 is absurd

and I agree. I have a PS3 that I use as a blu-ray player too and the difference is definitely worth it!

sodascouts
03-18-2013, 05:14 PM

They missed a real chance for hilarity there. Imagine the snarkfest if they commented on the things each other said!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2013, 05:35 PM
The title of the item said that the Canadian package was a "3 DVD Deluxe with 40 page book"... what else could that be? The only difference I can see is that perhaps the Canadian one might be smaller dimension-wise, but I doubt they made two entirely different 40 page books.

Obviously, I'm not good about reading titles! I go in and look at the details. The US Amazon site lists the extra details in the Editorial Reviews and the Canadian website does not.

The picture for the cheaper one is the same as the DVD one from Amazon US, which is DVD. The picture for the more expensive one is the same as the one from Amazon US which is Blu-Ray. The Canadian site says both are DVD, however the difference in price is about the same as the difference in price between DVD and Blu-Ray in the US.

So, I sent the Canadian site an email. This is their response. It does say at the bottom that return is free if the PACKAGING indicates you didn't get what you thought you order. So don't open it until you know for sure. I asked them why the title said 'book' but the product details did not, and asked them to verify there was a book and it wasn't a misprint.

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.ca.

I'm sorry; I've tried researching all possible resources available to me and was unable to find the answer to your question.

Please note that as a retailer the only information we can give you about particular item is what we display on the product information page.

We know that, often, the amount of information we have may make it difficult to make a purchasing decision unless you already know something about the item. Our editorial staff is working to improve the information we provide about each item.

Please note that our Customer Service centers are not in the same location as our fulfillment centre. Amazon.ca offers hundreds of thousands of items in our own inventory, and the fulfillment center building enclose millions of square feet. In addition, our fulfillment center processes are automated and computerized.

For these reasons, we are unable to check the physical details of an item. Our information is limited to what the publishers and manufacturers supply to us; this information appears on our website.

If you need more information regarding the item, please contact the Universal Music using the link given below:

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/customer-services/contact-us/page/contact/

However, if you decide to order the item from our site and find that, upon delivery, the item's packaging indicates that it is not the item you expected or is contrary to the information listed on our site, you may return it for a full refund.

You'll find our returns policy, instructions, and a printable return mailing label online at:

http://www.amazon.ca/returns

Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced. We appreciate your business and hope that we will see you again soon at Amazon.ca.

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.ca.

TimothyBFan
03-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Well that's as clear as mud!! :brickwall:

Don't know what to do!!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2013, 05:42 PM
I know, I just found it difficult to believe that Canadian Amazon isn't offering it in Blu-Ray. Maybe I didn't follow all the possible links. I did it because a friend wanted advice on what to order and I couldn't recommend the Canadian site because of the lack of information. I mean, it seems like a 40 page bound book would cost more than $15.00 more even if it was The Cat In The Hat.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-18-2013, 06:32 PM
call me crazy or stupid...I think just to be safe, I am gonna order the 225.oo edition.on the eagles site.....
I really want the book.
Since we still havent gotten the blue ray player yet....I might just purchase the regular dvd on the day of release as well...Being really good....no new pocketbook for me this spring/summer...I got the eagles box set to purchase...

sodascouts
03-18-2013, 06:37 PM
I know it's crazy expensive but... I'm gonna shell out for the deluxe version. What can I say - I'm a completist. I'll even get it off the official site and just cross my fingers that they don't mess up my order like they did last time.

Tiffanny Twisted
03-18-2013, 06:48 PM
see ...great minds think alike...or fools seldom differ..
I am gonna order off the sight too.

timfan
03-18-2013, 07:08 PM
well for me I know there's no way I can afford the $225 version so whether the Canadian version comes with the same book or a different one for me .. I'm just happy it's coming!:thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
03-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Get it from amazon.co.uk,which is what I will be doing, except that at the moment it is saying that it only contains two discs. I will be waiting until just before the release date & check again whether they have changed the number of discs to 3.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BRBIAFI/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0YH8X3Z60WZXA4CNQ8ZN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294

Apparently you can get a player which will play all regions but they are pricey so we are not considering it at the moment. I don't know about your PC.

ETA: I apologise; The above information is for Blu Ray. If you have a region free DVD player you can go ahead & order the DVDs from amazon.com or the band's site.

Thanks FP! I have a new samsung blu ray player and there is also the PS3 so I will see if either of them will suit.

OutlawManNJ
03-18-2013, 07:30 PM
I think most of us have $225 at one point or another, the problem is spending it for essencially a 40 page book. Sure Ive taken the wife out to dinner and spent over $100 bucks to eat while the book will last forever...but still...it just seems a little too much for a little too little.

Add some real autographs....DVD audio commentary...limited numbered prints and then it a good deal...

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm not saying the Canadian Amazon version doesn't come with the book. I'm saying there's doubt in my mind regardless of their title. I'm ordering the deluxe version, so doesn't matter to me enough to investigate further. However, if enough of us call and/or email they will get it answered eventually.

Oh, and OMNJ, it's people like me that are the reason they don't think $225 is too expensive! A good number of their best fans have their kids through college already, and just looking for stuff like this to spend their money on and relive their younger days all over again. I met up with the same couple at TWO concerts this past year, once in Atlanta and once in Vegas, and they've gone to a total of 28 Eagle concerts, two of them back in the 70's and the rest since the kids graduated college. Anyway, while something actually signed by them would be a nice touch, half the time those only end up on eBay, and I'm not an autograph person. The ones I've had from celebrities I've thrown away. Unless it means meeting one of them, an autograph seems to lose its value, but that's just me.

OutlawManNJ
03-18-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm not saying the Canadian Amazon version doesn't come with the book. I'm saying there's doubt in my mind regardless of their title. I'm ordering the deluxe version, so doesn't matter to me enough to investigate further. However, if enough of us call and/or email they will get it answered eventually.

Oh, and OMNJ, it's people like me that are the reason they don't think $225 is too expensive! A good number of their best fans have their kids through college already, and just looking for stuff like this to spend their money on and relive their younger days all over again. I met up with the same couple at TWO concerts this past year, once in Atlanta and once in Vegas, and they've gone to a total of 28 Eagle concerts, two of them back in the 70's and the rest since the kids graduated college. Anyway, while something actually signed by them would be a nice touch, half the time those only end up on eBay, and I'm not an autograph person. The ones I've had from celebrities I've thrown away. Unless it means meeting one of them, an autograph seems to lose its value, but that's just me.

Everything ends up on ebay, signed or not. So will these new deluxe box sets. I disagree that Autographs "lose value".

I looked at my 1994 Eagles ticket...$85....that was lots of Dough back then. 2 weeks earlier I saw the Rolling Stones at the same venue, for $50. I love the Eagles music (except for the lame-o Eden album) but they have always been about the money money money. Not only against each other but against the fans. For $225 ($269 on Amazon) they could have given something of real value in the package,.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Everything ends up on ebay, signed or not. So will these new deluxe box sets. I disagree that Autographs "lose value".

I looked at my 1994 Eagles ticket...$85....that was lots of Dough back then. 2 weeks earlier I saw the Rolling Stones at the same venue, for $50. I love the Eagles music (except for the lame-o Eden album) but they have always been about the money money money. Not only against each other but against the fans. For $225 ($269 on Amazon) they could have given something of real value in the package,.

I said the autographs lose value to me. I have never understood what a signed piece of anything means unless it's a memory of meeting whomever signed it.

I absolutely love the lame-o Eden album, I listen to it frequently. It bothers me they don't do more songs in concert from it. They have taken some criticism about ticket prices, but there are artists out there touring that are charging more for tickets than the Eagles are currently, so I guess it's all in how you look at it. I know I would pay $300 for an Eagles ticket before I'd spend $50 on the Stones, so again, it's a matter of taste. All I'm saying is that as a fan who's willing to spend the $225 on the deluxe package, autographs would not add any value for me to what they're already giving us. I'm sorry you feel the way you do about it being about money money money, but as I've said in other threads, I don't do my job for free or at a reduced rate. Why should I expect anyone else to do the same? It's a capitalist society and it's all about supply and demand, and they have the demand.

zeldabjr
03-19-2013, 12:20 AM
I said the autographs lose value to me. I have never understood what a signed piece of anything means unless it's a memory of meeting whomever signed it.

I absolutely love the lame-o Eden album, I listen to it frequently. It bothers me they don't do more songs in concert from it. They have taken some criticism about ticket prices, but there are artists out there touring that are charging more for tickets than the Eagles are currently, so I guess it's all in how you look at it. I know I would pay $300 for an Eagles ticket before I'd spend $50 on the Stones, so again, it's a matter of taste. All I'm saying is that as a fan who's willing to spend the $225 on the deluxe package, autographs would not add any value for me to what they're already giving us. I'm sorry you feel the way you do about it being about money money money, but as I've said in other threads, I don't do my job for free or at a reduced rate. Why should I expect anyone else to do the same? It's a capitalist society and it's all about supply and demand, and they have the demand.

I agree with you VA...an autograph would only mean something to me if I was the one who got it...otherwise not so much..
I adore Long Road Out Of Eden...wish they would do more of it live...
I would spend just about anything to see our guys...and nothing for most other bands..including the Stones...everyone is different though and has different priorities...I think Stones tickets are very high priced too...

OutlawManNJ
03-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Sure no doubt about it, supply and demand...if people are willing to pay $300 to see them play then why not? But for sure its not a way to make new fans if they are at all interested in that. Young college kids cant usually afford $200 or $300 for a concert ticket...but the Eagles probably arent interested in them anyway. Like you said, they know their base are in the 40s and 50s...and they usually have some dough to spend.

But....from a consumer stand point, I still dont think that should make it OK with me...I simply vote by not buying. I saw the Eagles once in 94....paid $85. Today I wouldnt pay more than $75 to see them....I would only pay more than that if either Felder, Bernie or Randy played with them and even then I wouldnt pay more than $100.

Brooke
03-19-2013, 09:46 AM
$200 or $300 is a lot to spend for something you can't take home. I cannot justify spending that much for a concert ticket. I did the VIP thing once and I've felt guilty ever since. My kids are grown and on their own, but if I don't need the money for something, then they could use that money for something they need.

I do hope to see the Eagles one more time. I won't spend lavishly on it though. No matter where they are in my area I will have to buy a hotel room, drive at least 2 1/2 hours each way and eat. It all adds up to more than a mortgage payment. I will only get to go once.

I won't be putting out for the deluxe version dvd set either. I'll be glad to get the regular dvd and try to enjoy the low quality. Different priorities for different people I guess.

And an autograph only means something to me if I'm the one that got it.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Yes, I don't have kids at all, so it's easier for me to have different priorities. I will say that with the Eagles, they have the big screens to help you 'see', so getting the lower priced seats for them could work out. I thought all artists do that, so imagine my surprise when at a Seger concert and I never once saw the man. I had floor seats and those in front of me were a foot taller than me. I saw a spotlight on some gray hair and that was it. Still a fantastic concert.

TimothyBFan
03-19-2013, 10:51 AM
$200 or $300 is a lot to spend for something you can't take home. I cannot justify spending that much for a concert ticket. I did the VIP thing once and I've felt guilty ever since. My kids are grown and on their own, but if I don't need the money for something, then they could use that money for something they need.

I do hope to see the Eagles one more time. I won't spend lavishly on it though. No matter where they are in my area I will have to buy a hotel room, drive at least 2 1/2 hours each way and eat. It all adds up to more than a mortgage payment. I will only get to go once.

I won't be putting out for the deluxe version dvd set either. I'll be glad to get the regular dvd and try to enjoy the low quality. Different priorities for different people I guess.

And an autograph only means something to me if I'm the one that got it.

I TOTALLY agree with everything you said here. I mean $300 is my car payment---that's without added expense of hotel, travel, day off work, etc.... and that becomes our mortgage payment.

As for the price of the deluxe edition-- that's how much I spent last week to take my college son grocery shopping for the MONTH because he ran short on money and needed a bit of help.

I just have a really hard time spending that kind of money on a concert, dvd set, etc, when I know it can go to the bills or just put it away for anything that might come up later.

Like you said--different priorities for different people.

Witchy Woman
03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Believe me, if I had the money to spend I would. I did pay around 100 bucks in 1994 to see them, but a lot of that was through the generosity of my family, as I was only 22 at the time and didn't have a great job. I will never begrudge them the right to charge whatever they choose to, because if I don't take it someone else will. Every time I've seen them since, either as a group or Don solo, I buy the cheapest seats they have, because it's all I can really afford. My job is ok, but I do have other bills to pay. I will always find a way to see them when they come around. It just may not be the best seat in the house, and I'm fine with that.

As far as the special edition set goes I would love to have it, but I know I can't really afford it, so I'm not gonna worry about it. I will buy the blu-ray and be happy, because it's better than nothing.

03-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Well - I also don't begrudge the band for their ticket prices even though I would love it if they were lower. However, I've always said the same thing as VA did in her post - in a capitalistic society, it's all about supply and demand. They wouldn't charge the prices if folks weren't willing to pay. Heck - I remember the days back in the '70's when I couldn't afford a $15 Eagles ticket, but that sure didn't stop others from buying them. As has been said, we each have to set our priorities and let our conscience be our guide. Which brings me to the DVD ...

For me, I am not going to pay the $225 price for the deluxe version. The way I look at it is that this is the price of another ticket for a live show. Personally, I'd rather see them live than see a booklet. However, I totally respect anyone who has a different opinion and wants the deluxe version - I say go for it if you have the means and the desire!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Personally, I'd rather see them live than see a booklet.

It's a 40-page bound case book, not a booklet. Not that I have the first idea what exactly a bound case book is, mind you...

Brooke
03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Well, I said I wouldn't pre-order from Amazon again, but I just did! I ordered the regular dvd package and I joined the Amazon Prime deal and they said 'free 1 day shipping' (and that I would received it on the day of it's release). I also had Discover rewards that covered the cost of $24.50 so I don't actually have to pay anything! That's good for me! We'll see what happens! :hmm:

Houston Debutante
03-19-2013, 02:32 PM
I think it's a lot easier for people who can afford the high prices for tickets and deluxe DVD box sets to be cool with what the Eagles charge.

It's those of us who are left out of the cold that might have a harder time with it.

GlennLover
03-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Well - I also don't begrudge the band for their ticket prices even though I would love it if they were lower. However, I've always said the same thing as VA did in her post - in a capitalistic society, it's all about supply and demand. They wouldn't charge the prices if folks weren't willing to pay. Heck - I remember the days back in the '70's when I couldn't afford a $15 Eagles ticket, but that sure didn't stop others from buying them. As has been said, we each have to set our priorities and let our conscience be our guide. Which brings me to the DVD ...

For me, I am not going to pay the $225 price for the deluxe version. The way I look at it is that this is the price of another ticket for a live show. Personally, I'd rather see them live than see a booklet. However, I totally respect anyone who has a different opinion and wants the deluxe version - I say go for it if you have the means and the desire!

I agree with you ,dreamer. I would love to have the deluxe package but, I just can't justify spending that much. As others have said, it's the price of a concert ticket & I dearly want to see them &/or Glenn again. Money's tight so the price of the pkg would be better saved for future concerts. I hadn't been able to go to any of Glenn's last series of concerts due to a shortage of funds & I'm trying to ensure that it is financially possible for me to see another Eagles' concert.

As well, I haven't had good luck with their official site and I have been pleased with the service I have received from Amazon.ca. It sounds like the deluxe book is of pictures from the documentary, so if that's the case I will see all the shots in it. I really don't care to have anything with that new skull logo on it. I'm pretty sure that I am going to go for the Amazon deluxe deal with express shipping.

NYC Fan
03-19-2013, 04:24 PM
I think it's a lot easier for people who can afford the high prices for tickets and deluxe DVD box sets to be cool with what the Eagles charge.

It's those of us who are left out of the cold that might have a harder time with it.

I have mixed feelings about the high prices for all of it (box set, tickets). While I understand that it's a free market and they can charge what the market bears, it's also about how you treat your most loyal fans. I am a pretty big Springsteen fan. Discovered him after I was an Eagles fan in my early-mid teen years and have seen him many, many times over the years. He keeps his ticket prices fairly reasonable, so that my friends and I are able to catch multiple shows per tour and not be completely broke. Also, like U2, he does a GA system for the floor, so you can be right up front and not be charged an astronomical amount of money to be there. And consider U2. While their seats near the stage are hugely expensive, they have a general admission policy, where you can be up close and only pay about $60/ticket. They effectively subsidize the most hardcore fans, who can/want to do GA, by charging the people who want to sit in good seats a lot of money.

I don't have a huge interest in the deluxe box set, so the blu ray is fine with me, but I do think that it is a heck of a lot of money for the box set.

And while I can afford to spend the $200+ to see the Eagles, I would say that I would only do that once. But I am nowhere near the fan that most of you are, even though they were my favorite band for several years back in the 70's. It would be a hard thing if I really wanted to see them and felt like I couldn't, because of the high prices. That is difficult.

But I digress. I started watching the documentary again this afternoon (working from home) :) and it's just so well done. Kudos to the director. It really is a great piece of rock history. I cannot wait to see it on blu ray and see that concert footage. We're going to have to crack open the really great bottle of tequila that my boss gave me for a Christmas present, when the blu ray arrives in the mail. LOL

Erin

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2013, 05:05 PM
I wanted to see both Springsteen and U2 last year and two years ago and didn't because here, at least, both were all GA on the floor and I'm not a fan of GA. U2's concert was in a stadium and I won't do a stadium concert unless it's enclosed! I'm so picky, I know, but I'd rather not see a concert than to torture myself with all of that. Even as much as I love the Eagles, I'm not going to get rained on, or stand in line for hours so I can stand for an entire concert and constantly get jostled in the back.

Anyway, while what you get with the deluxe version may not be worth the price, at least they are offering other options. It's not like it's that or nothing. I have no doubts that they ensured there were affordable options and decided to put together something more expensive for the crazy fans. The cheaper option in BluRay is less than what I paid for Celebration Day from Led Zep last Nov. They aren't really comparable as far as content, but regardless, it's cheaper.

GlennLover
03-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Just remembered that the deluxe Amazon.ca pkg contains DVDs & I want Blu-Ray. :-( :brickwall:But, I want the book too! I hate to buy DVDs that I will never watch, however, I may bite the bullet & order the DVD pkg from Amazon.ca anyway & not get express shipping. Regular shipping is free for most orders over $25. I'll take my chances that Walmart will have the BluRay on the day of release. They do have a large sign announcing the future releases over a month in advance so I can check there.

Oh, decisions, decsions! Hate to waste money but, it is the Eagles!!!

Glennsallnighter
03-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Yes GL! I feel your pain! but after all it IS the Eagles........

Thirsty&Hot
03-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Just remembered that the deluxe Amazon.ca pkg contains DVDs & I want Blu-Ray. :-( :brickwall:But, I want the book too! I hate to buy DVDs that I will never watch, however, I may bite the bullet & order the DVD pkg from Amazon.ca anyway & not get express shipping. Regular shipping is free for most orders over $25. I'll take my chances that Walmart will have the BluRay on the day of release. They do have a large sign announcing the future releases over a month in advance so I can check there.

Oh, decisions, decsions! Hate to waste money but, it is the Eagles!!!

I decided against it, but you could do what I was thinking of doing and order the blu-ray AND the deluxe amazon.ca and just sell the DVD

Henley Honey
03-19-2013, 08:25 PM
I've ordered the deluxe package as well. It is expensive but I know that I will appreciate it in 10 years as much as I will on the day it is delivered. Pro-rated on a "per view" basis, it'll be pennies over that period.

As for their ticket prices, yeah -- they're expensive-- but you get what you pay for, and for me it's worth every penny. I have seen them many times and they have never once disappointed me. Never.

Their touring costs are astonomical and continue to rise just like everything else on the planet. I don't begrudge them a dime. I'm just glad they are still doing what they do best and I'll be online to buy one the minute tickets become available for a new tour.

Brooke
03-20-2013, 01:39 PM

So did you get this straightened out?

And does Amazon really have it to you on the day of release if they say they will?

bluefox4000
03-20-2013, 01:57 PM
I pre-ordered the regular 3 disc dvd from Amazon....don't have the cash for deluxe.

Mick

sodascouts
03-20-2013, 02:36 PM
The Deluxe is designed to gouge hardcores like myself who have to have everything. They know we will pay far more than an item is truly worth. I'm not going to kid myself that the Deluxe is truly so magnificent as to warrant that kind of pricetag, but I want it anyway, so I'm going to shell out.

However, most of the money they make will be from normal fans who buy the regular versions, and those are priced quite reasonably.

Glennsallnighter
03-20-2013, 05:45 PM
So did you get this straightened out?

And does Amazon really have it to you on the day of release if they say they will?

Amazon had my copies of 'After Hours' to me on 9th May last year, only a day after the release date! I think that was pretty good, although I cannot vouch for all their orders.

I think I will go ahead and order the de Lux version regardless of the regions. If the discs do not work here I will substiute with Region 2 discs that I can get from Amazon.

I guess I'm a hardcore!

Tiffanny Twisted
03-20-2013, 06:08 PM
I've ordered the deluxe package as well. It is expensive but I know that I will appreciate it in 10 years as much as I will on the day it is delivered. Pro-rated on a "per view" basis, it'll be pennies over that period.

As for their ticket prices, yeah -- they're expensive-- but you get what you pay for, and for me it's worth every penny. I have seen them many times and they have never once disappointed me. Never.

Their touring costs are astonomical and continue to rise just like everything else on the planet. I don't begrudge them a dime. I'm just glad they are still doing what they do best and I'll be online to buy one the minute tickets become available for a new tour.
I agree with everything you have said in this post. I am greatful that they are all still "healthy" and want to perform. They could retire but I love seeing them live there is no other feeling like it in the world. They dont dissapoint solo or group they are just spectacular:thumbsup:

OutlawManNJ
03-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Page 101 of ben fongs taking it to the limit u see a photo of amps on stage with that cloth pattern that the deluxe set come with.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-20-2013, 07:19 PM
I will take a look then, as soon as I remember where I put that book.

GlennLover
03-20-2013, 09:55 PM
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/Eagles/1-Fullscreencapture2003201363154PM_zps7c66718e.jpg

Houston Debutante
03-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Look at how they're hiding the photos from us. Tricky, tricky. lol.

AftertheThrill
03-21-2013, 04:24 PM
I keep telling myself that I'm just going to get the basic set but that picture of the super deluxe keeps talking to me. Grrrr.

bluefox4000
03-21-2013, 04:45 PM
It's not enough for me to give in. Just do NOT want to shell that out.

Mick

OutlawManNJ
03-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Plus the 40 page book is gonna be a watered down story that we already know probably minus any juicy details.

I WOULD buy it...IF it was an in depth look at the process of recording each song from each album. I would love to know the details. But i doubt the book is that. Just to rehash where they were born, when they left, and how great the albums were is simply not enough.

GlennLover
03-21-2013, 05:09 PM
It sounds like the book might be just stills from the documentary, according to their website

"A Super Deluxe Box Set (http://clicks1.musictoday.com/cts/click?q=1;120386;CThuHXLepVoJJ34LKYizvdVkX7VyycqO&src=NEWS120386&utm_source=mtemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mtemail_120386) will be released as a limited edition, complete with three Blu-ray discs; a 40-page casebound book featuring still photos from the films; 10 archival-quality photographs; and a specially created lithograph."
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/Screencaps/01-Fullscreencapture2003201363125PM_zps9dd42d46.jpg

OutlawManNJ
03-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Those that buy the Deluxe and dont know what to do with the framed cloth thing you could always donate it to my Rock Room, it will be proudly displayed :)

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955&page=108

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Not a HOPE!!

sodascouts
04-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Well, I did it. I decided to buy the deluxe set for $225. I know it's exorbitant but it will be a nice addition to my collection. I figure I'll just go to one less show, lol.

Prettymaid
04-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Being a completist can get expensive, huh! Lol

sodascouts
04-09-2013, 05:06 PM
No joke! I'm looking at only going to TWO or THREE shows now due to $$! (I know I'm crazy, lol).

Grey Sadler
04-17-2013, 10:42 AM
I may be being very lazy in not searching this...but any idea which brick & mortar stores will have the DVD on April 30th?

Houston Debutante
04-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Best Buy is usually good about having things the day of release.

GlennLover
04-17-2013, 05:24 PM
When I was in Walmart the other day I checked the sign which lists the weekly movie releases. There were only 2 listed for Apr 30 & HotE was not one of them, but I'm sure there are more that released every week. They may not be considered a movie.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-18-2013, 08:30 AM
When I was in Walmart the other day I checked the sign which lists the weekly movie releases. There were only 2 listed for Apr 30 & HotE was not one of them, but I'm sure there are more that released every week. They may not be considered a movie.

Really!? I thought for sure Walmart would have it! Well that sucks for me, Walmart is my only option until May 9th when I go home again (at work in the middle of NOWHERE now). If this Walmart doesn't get it, that extra week will seem like an eternity!!

GlennLover
04-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Really!? I thought for sure Walmart would have it! Well that sucks for me, Walmart is my only option until May 9th when I go home again (at work in the middle of NOWHERE now). If this Walmart doesn't get it, that extra week will seem like an eternity!!

I still expect that Walmart will have it on the day of release. I was just hoping that it would be listed on the sign to I would know for sure. I can't see them not having this.

Grey Sadler
04-18-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm crossing my fingers for Target to have this myself...

VAisForEagleLovers
04-26-2013, 08:27 AM
YES!! Just got the shipping notice from eagles.shop that my DVD set has been shipped!!! WooHoo!

HiredHand
04-26-2013, 11:19 AM
YES!! Just got the shipping notice from eagles.shop that my DVD set has been shipped!!! WooHoo!

Awesome! I'm due to get mine on Tuesday from Amazon.com

Brooke
04-26-2013, 01:22 PM
I just checked my email and my account at Amazon and nothing about getting shipped, yet it's supposed to arrive by 8 pm on the 30th. :hmm:

Outlawman13
04-26-2013, 01:32 PM
I hope the dvd comes here soon!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait any longer!!!! It doesn't say it shipped mine yet either.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-26-2013, 02:46 PM
I ordered mine through the band's store, so that's probably the difference. The email gave a tracking number and cautioned the tracking number may not work for up to 48 hours, which means it didn't actually ship, but it's sitting there, ready to ship.

GlennLover
04-26-2013, 04:05 PM
I just checked Amazon.ca for my order & it hasn't been shipped yet.

sodascouts
04-26-2013, 04:56 PM
I haven't gotten any notification from the official site. I did log in to check the status and it gave me a tracking number, but the number didn't work.

Here's hoping all is well....

VAisForEagleLovers
04-27-2013, 10:02 AM
I know my Walmart won't have it, they never have anything on the actual release day, but if you live closer to civilization, they should have it. I order the deluxe package, and I'm not sure it will be available outside of the band's website or Amazon. I might run out and buy the DVD so that I can play it on the computer or other non-Blu-Ray players.

Prettymaid
04-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Hmmm, I thought I read here that release day was the 23rd, but Amazon and Best Buy sites both say the 30th.

sodascouts
04-27-2013, 01:43 PM
In a completely unprecedented move for the Eagles, the release date was pushed back. ;)

VAisForEagleLovers
04-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Probably delayed it due to the London Sundance festival? A typical delay for them is much longer than a week. :D

sodascouts
04-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Good point, VA. In that light, the new release date makes perfect sense.

04-27-2013, 06:00 PM
I didn't preorder the DVD either. I have more luck just going to Best Buy on the release date. They usually always have new releases on the first day. On the other hand, I almost never get a preorder on the release date. I got free Showtime for a month and only had to pay a small fee when I canceled it, so I have the doc filmed on my DVR, and have watched it several times. Still - it'll be very exciting for those who haven't already had a chance to see it.

Prettymaid
04-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Yeah....guess we should have watched it at your house after all, Dreamer. :razz:

04-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Hey - Can't say I didn't offer! :wink: :grin: Oh well - I guess we were too busy running our mouths about other things. We needed a two-day visit that's all there is to it. Oh well - we'll do that next time you come to Virginia! :thumbsup:

Victim of Love
04-27-2013, 06:30 PM
WOOHOO!!!! Just got a text from Amazon and my DVD set IS ON THE WAY FOR TUESDAY DELIVERY!!!!!!!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

GlennLover
04-27-2013, 08:35 PM
I wholeheartedly agree! I think this is the main reason why I love them so much. I think the human voice is better than any instrument.

And I feel like i'm the only person here who hasn't preordered it! I just figured i'd buy it at Walmart...does anyone know yet for sure if Walmart will have it on Tuesday?

My Walmart here in Canada (I live in a small city on the east coast) has always had any new releases, that I have looked for, on the release date. New releases come out on Tuesdays. For example, they had both After Hours & Analog Man on the Tuesdays of their release.

I'm still counting on them to have the Blu-Ray on Tuesday!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-27-2013, 08:49 PM
I didn't preorder the DVD either. I have more luck just going to Best Buy on the release date. They usually always have new releases on the first day. On the other hand, I almost never get a preorder on the release date. I got free Showtime for a month and only had to pay a small fee when I canceled it, so I have the doc filmed on my DVR, and have watched it several times. Still - it'll be very exciting for those who haven't already had a chance to see it.

I got the deluxe version through the band's website. The shipping was unreasonably expensive, in my opinion, and to have it expressed shipped and guaranteed delivery the day of release was less than $7 more. Since I ordered late and they usually fulfill the orders in the order they get them, I figured regular shipping would get it to me a week later. I'm glad I did, since it turns out I won't be here a week later.

Henley Honey
04-27-2013, 08:59 PM
I got the deluxe version through the band's website. The shipping was unreasonably expensive, in my opinion, and to have it expressed shipped and guaranteed delivery the day of release was less than $7 more. Since I ordered late and they usually fulfill the orders in the order they get them, I figured regular shipping would get it to me a week later. I'm glad I did, since it turns out I won't be here a week later.

I did too and it shipped from point of origin 4/26/13 and is scheduled to be delivered by end of business on 4/30/13 !!!! I am VERY VERY happy!!:partytime:

Outlawman13
04-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I should've ordered from the Eagles site! Lol, but I guess I'll wait. Mine still hasn't shipped!

Glennsallnighter
04-28-2013, 06:05 AM
I ordered mine through the band's store, so that's probably the difference. The email gave a tracking number and cautioned the tracking number may not work for up to 48 hours, which means it didn't actually ship, but it's sitting there, ready to ship.

I got the same email. I'll be happy if it arrives by the weekend as its our labour day weekend here. I've waited this long another day or two isn't an issue.

I hope I won't be hit for (a lot of) duty! Better leave some cash handy. Lol

Thirsty&Hot
04-29-2013, 02:39 AM
was really excited to get this email!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/photo5_zpsd8cc21b0.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/photo5_zpsd8cc21b0.jpg.html)

says it will be here right on time on Tuesday! :yay: :partytime:

tequila girl
04-29-2013, 03:28 AM
08.25 Mon 29th........Mine has just been delivered - can't get it open quick enough!!! :partytime: :partytime:

sodascouts
04-29-2013, 03:52 AM
Dang, you have yours already? Awesome!

WalshFan88
04-29-2013, 05:26 AM
Hoping mine arrives tomorrow....

I realllllly want that HC footage especially.

HiredHand
04-29-2013, 06:26 AM
Just checked Amazon. Mine is shipping soon. Setup expedited shipping so I'll get it by tomorrow. Can't wait to watch the documentary and the bonus disc. Just glad that we get to see the Eagles and hear the beautiful music in High Def!

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-29-2013, 08:35 AM
I know my Walmart won't have it, they never have anything on the actual release day, but if you live closer to civilization, they should have it.

:hilarious: I have to laugh because where I work (for 6 weeks at a time) is actually 2 hours from the nearest "big" town, we always joke we're so far from civilization! I think i'll just wait until my vacation when I go home, only 10 more days. Plenty of large cities so i'll find it for sure!

Brooke
04-29-2013, 10:07 AM
08.25 Mon 29th........Mine has just been delivered - can't get it open quick enough!!! :partytime: :partytime:

tg, I'm glad for you but I'm mad for me. I live in this country and I signed up for Amazon Prime in order to get it shipped free and early and I still haven't gotten a notice that it has shipped. I always get this runaround with amazon. Not happy....:mad:

I can't wait to see the concert footage especially since I've seen the movie.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 10:51 AM
The UK release date is today, ours is tomorrow. I just checked my tracking number, it's scheduled for delivery today and is on the truck and 'out for delivery'!! WooHoo!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 11:28 AM
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!

This is the freakishly large box it arrived in:
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/dvd/IMG_20130429_111448_905_zps82292108.jpg

The opened box:
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/dvd/IMG_20130429_111714_696_zps1692f2e6.jpg

The Package:
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/dvd/IMG_20130429_111846_194_zps3b41834f.jpg

The stack of pictures:
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/dvd/IMG_20130429_111942_346_zps89fb84a3.jpg

The book:
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/dvd/IMG_20130429_112041_677_zps8aa73224.jpg

The Blu-Ray discs inside the book:
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/dvd/IMG_20130429_112107_311_zps07ce9d08.jpg

A quick glance tells me it's a keeper. The pictures, the book. Wow.

GlennLover
04-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Wow, VA! I'm jealous! :partytime:

Looks like my DVDs from Amazon won't be shipped before tomorrow at the earliest, but I'll be at Walmart at opening time looking for the Blu-Ray!

WalshFan88
04-29-2013, 12:03 PM
BTW VA, did you get it from the Eagles site or Amazon? I got it through Amazon when I bought F1 Bluray and haven't got a darn thing from them on email.

WalshFan88
04-29-2013, 12:30 PM
thanks for the info VA!!!
and yes I can imagine that the images and book must be of amazing quality!
if only I had the extra money to burn!
I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my blu-ray edition :D

and Austin, I think the bonus concert dvd VA is referring to is the one we all get, isn't it?

Yes it is, I was just jealous because she has it NOW and mine isn't here yet. :D

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 12:31 PM
BTW VA, did you get it from the Eagles site or Amazon? I got it through Amazon when I bought F1 Bluray and haven't got a darn thing from them on email.

Eagles site, where I paid about $7 extra to guarantee delivery on the release date. I couldn't see where Amazon's shipping promised such a thing but I may have missed it. I paid for expedited shipping through Amazon for Glenn's After Hours CD and it was shipped the day of release and I got it the next day, so I elected not to read the fine print this time around and go with the Eagles site. For the deluxe package, the Eagles' site was cheaper, however with their shipping costs, Amazon probably would have been cheaper in the end.

WalshFan88
04-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Eagles site, where I paid about $7 extra to guarantee delivery on the release date. I couldn't see where Amazon's shipping promised such a thing but I may have missed it. I paid for expedited shipping through Amazon for Glenn's After Hours CD and it was shipped the day of release and I got it the next day, so I elected not to read the fine print this time around and go with the Eagles site. For the deluxe package, the Eagles' site was cheaper, however with their shipping costs, Amazon probably would have been cheaper in the end.

I learned my lesson! I didn't know they offered (Eagles site) a delivery date guarantee. That said, I'll get it before my local Walmart would so I guess it's ok lol.

sodascouts
04-29-2013, 01:08 PM
The tracker on mine says it just arrived in Knoxville a few minutes ago... Six hours away. I doubt I'll be getting mine before tomorrow, but honestly I'm just happy to be getting it on its release date! I didn't expect that to actually happen! (Although perhaps I shouldn't count my chicken before it's hatched...)

Glennsallnighter
04-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work. With a bill of €95 duty which has now been paid lol. I've been very good and gotten dinner out if the way. Now, where's my scissors for that box...........

Brooke
04-29-2013, 01:39 PM
:jealous: of all of you that have received theirs!

I shoulda known I wouldn't get mine by the release date from past history, but I didn't pay for express shipping either. I checked my amazon account and it's in the process of shipping and delivery should be by Thursday, May 2nd. It really makes me mad that they make you think you will get something early by pre-ordering though. <stomping foot> :mad:

Cool pics of what you got VA! Thanks!

Victim of Love
04-29-2013, 03:11 PM
MINE'S HERE! Kudos to Amazon...when I got the notice of shipping they indicated 'delivery on 4/30 by 8:00 p.m." -- and is actually 4/29 at 1:10! Looking forward to watching again -- and again and again.

Elizasong
04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Wow!! I'm surprised everyone is getting theirs so soon if it only releases tomorrow. Just checked my Amazon account and it says "shipping soon". Strange how one account will ship early and another won't. Either way can't wait to get it!!

AftertheThrill
04-29-2013, 04:31 PM
I ordered both the DVD and Blue Ray from Amazon. One is supposed to get here tomorrow (the DVD) and the other on Thursday. If they both were going to be delayed I might have contacted customer service.

Houston Debutante
04-29-2013, 05:22 PM
I decided not to pre-order. I'll go out and get it tomorrow.

Grey Sadler
04-29-2013, 09:29 PM
I decided not to pre-order. I'll go out and get it tomorrow.

Me too...hitting Best Buy right after school ASAP...:D

Soda...Knoxville?? Ack! Everything from this end of the state is going to be processed through there soon b/c of budget cuts...strange, too, since the last Eagles book I got (An American Band) went from MS to Memphis, then Greensboro, then finally here...:shrug:

Annabel
04-30-2013, 04:49 AM
Just taken delivery of mine here in the UK. I was on the way to feed the bunnies and now have to tear myself away to go do that before I can watch it. :sad: There go my plans for the day too, well for the next 3 hours at least. :hilarious:

Love the way it's all packaged in the box and the book and 3 dvds and oooh fun fun fun. Going to enjoy this in peace and quiet before everyone comes home this afternoon. :partytime:

WalshFan88
04-30-2013, 06:21 AM
I ordered the Bluray version and I just got the email from Amazon. It's shipped but it won't get here til the 6th! :enraged:

Annabel
04-30-2013, 06:55 AM
Austin, mine said arrival May 3rd :worried: but I got it today. :partytime:

HiredHand
04-30-2013, 06:58 AM
Just got my shipping notification as well.

Glennhoney
04-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Mine ships out today from Amazon...woohoo:partytime:

Prettymaid
04-30-2013, 08:36 AM
I just now ordered mine through Amazon. I was thinking about calling and going to Walmart today before I go to work, but just the thought of it depressed me. That's okay, watching it on the weekend works better for me, anyway.

GlennLover
04-30-2013, 09:29 AM
I got mine! Walmart came through!

HiredHand
04-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Glad to hear that Wally-World (Wal-Mart) has copies available.

Brooke
04-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Mine says shipped (but they have made the label-:rolleyes: )and I'm supposed to get it tomorrow! We shall see if that happens! :pray:

Outlawman13
04-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Mine said it shipped as well!! I CAN'T WAIT!!

WalshFan88
04-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Well crap - it isn't here. So now the site said May 4th.... Jeez.

Elizasong
04-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Amazon charged my card but conveniently it did not ship yet. I might buy at Best Buy and then return the Amazon copy.

Grey Sadler
04-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Waited for the release date...watching as I type :partytime:

Shadowland07
04-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Just bought at it Best Buy, decided to watch the concert first

Henley Honey
04-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Just got mine too!!!! :blueblob:

Tiffanny Twisted
04-30-2013, 06:06 PM
I ordered on amazon will be here fri
I called target and bb and they didnt have it as well as barnes and noble.
Kinda glad I ordered it .waited this long a few more days is on :-(

Tiffanny Twisted
04-30-2013, 06:08 PM
:heart::heart::blueblob:
Just got mine too!!!! :blueblob:
glad it came and you are happy:partytime:

Tiffanny Twisted
05-01-2013, 09:59 PM
mine came today and I didnt have e a chance to watch ityet...looking forward to an e a gles weekend when I can really enjoy it
besides I have a viewing for a 24 year old killed by a drunk driver and after that i will need some cheering up...

Glennhoney
05-02-2013, 11:32 AM
WHERE THE HECK IS MINE????...AMAZON.CA, YOU'RE DISAPPOINTING ME...WHICH YOU USUALLY DON'T DO......:brickwall:

WalshFan88
05-02-2013, 11:47 AM
FINALLY out for delivery in the area. Hurry up Fedex!!!!!!!! I'm drooling now... :hilarious:

Glennhoney
05-02-2013, 06:58 PM
yay!!..it's on it's way.....:partytime:

Prettymaid
05-03-2013, 06:44 PM
It's here it's here it's here!!! :blueblob:

This is going to be a good weekend!