PDA

View Full Version : Todd Rundgren

zeldabjr
04-05-2013, 09:08 PM
I just love this guy...he is touring now...is playing The Paramount in Huntington next month...also playing another theater in NYC...but closest for me would be Pittsburgh...hmmmm?

Outlawman13
04-05-2013, 11:17 PM
I've always loved Todd Rundgren too. His songs are just too awesome. LOL. Hello, It's Me is one of my personal favvies from him.

TimothyBFan
04-08-2013, 09:54 AM
I love Todd!!! He's a very underrated artist, in my opinion.

A little story-- He was teaching a class for a semester last year at Indiana University in Bloomington where my son was a Junior at the time. My son didn't take his class but had a couple friends that did. Dillon stalked the poor guy all over campus trying to take a decent picture of him and then get it autographed for me for Christmas last year. Mind you, the IU campus in Bloomington has an average of 45,000 students and is HUGE so rather difficult to randomly see just one guy every once in awhile!! I would periodically get a text message with a picture of a guy walking from a distance with bright red, long hair or a picture of some guy with bright red, long hair that was nothing more than a blur in a car as it drove by my son, or from a pep rally where he spoke, etc.... :hilarious: He finally got to sit in on one of his lectures (one of his friends got him in) and got a picture but never was able to get it autographed. Told me he thought about having someone autograph it with Todd's name on it to give to me but said he knew he wouldn't be able to live with the lie the rest of his life. :hilarious: Give the boy an E for Effort!!!!

zeldabjr
04-08-2013, 11:18 AM
oh Willie that is a great story...and what a guy your son is for doing all that for you!!!...can you imagine...who's your prof?...Todd Rundgren....WHAT?....soo cool....want to see him live so bad....

Topkat
04-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Where is he playing in NY besides the Paramount? I won't go to that place.
He's amazing. I had seen him a long time ago & also with Ringo, Joe & Timothy for the All Star Band Tour.

zeldabjr
04-08-2013, 01:47 PM
He's at the Gramercy Theater 5/10

Topkat
04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks I will look & see if there are any tickets for that one.

TBF That was such a sweet story.. Your son sure gave it a good try... A+ for effort

Tiffanny Twisted
04-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Willie...love the story ...such a great son...they ususally are arent they?

If you want to see something funny....go to live from daryls house .ccom...they did a show with him at his house in hawaii...under archived shows...plus he did do one in ny at DH's house too. ribbing daryl about stoppping to see some deer on his way to dh's house ..lol
He is a hoot...a very talented man....

He has played with dh and j oates too...

Topkat
04-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Willie...love the story ...such a great son...they ususally are arent they?

If you want to see something funny....go to live from daryls house .ccom...they did a show with him at his house in hawaii...under archived shows...plus he did do one in ny at DH's house too. ribbing daryl about stoppping to see some deer on his way to dh's house ..lol
He is a hoot...a very talented man....

He has played with dh and j oates too...

Yes, I think I posted that show when I first found out about Live at Daryl's House. That was a really great episode...He has some house there in Hawaii & they played out on the deck...it was awesome

zeldabjr
04-08-2013, 09:15 PM
yeah I saw the Hawaii one...was great!

Tiffanny Twisted
04-09-2013, 06:26 AM
there is one he did at daryl house in ny too...look in the archives

TimothyBFan
04-09-2013, 08:09 AM
And I loved the way Todd dressed for the occasion in Hawaii!! :thumbsup: Don't remember one at Daryl's house. Will have to check for it.

zeldabjr
05-16-2013, 01:19 PM
OMG...just found out Todd Rundgren is coming to Buffalo Aug.15...!!!!!!!!! so excited

TimothyBFan
05-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Hope you're on that one, Zelda!! Good luck!

zeldabjr
05-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Hope you're on that one, Zelda!! Good luck!

oh I am soooo there...and it's a free concert!!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-16-2013, 06:54 PM
He is a major talent and from Upper darby pa...

OOh sounds like fun..details ?

did you see him on live from daryls hours??He has done I think two eposodes check them out

TimothyBFan
05-17-2013, 08:30 AM
oh I am soooo there...and it's a free concert!!!!

Free? Well that's really cool!!! Have fun!

zeldabjr
05-17-2013, 10:27 AM
yeah they have this free concert series every week in the summer down on the waterfront...not always people I've even heard of...but Todd Rundgren?...this is toooo good!!!!

zeldabjr
08-12-2013, 10:13 PM
this Thursday...very excited....

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/rundgren_zps53a3fd9a.jpg

Prettymaid
08-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Sounds fun, Zelda!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-12-2013, 11:04 PM
OOh bj have a blast,....
he is very talented .
he produced bat out of hell by meatloaf.
mega talented guy enjoy and cant wait to hear all about it

WalshFan88
08-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Very cool. First heard his music on the movie Dumb and Dumber then I found out who it was.

TimothyBFan
08-13-2013, 08:29 AM
I forgot you were doing this, Brenda. Have fun and report back!!!

Houston Baby
08-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Have fun Z! And yes we want a review!

TimothyBFan
08-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Yoohoo, Zelda? Did you run off with Todd or what? Need details. Was he awesome?