PDA

View Full Version : weird topic...The Guys and their teeth

sad-cafe
04-29-2013, 10:40 PM
I have Crohn's disease and my teeth have paid a price. As a result, at the middle age of 48, I have had to get false teeth. Because of this development, I have been noticing others teeth. Do you think the guys had a lot of dental work done? If so, I don't know how they continue to sing as well as they do. I have had to stop singing in public at least until I get a better fit or get used to them.

I was watching video and when Timothy B was young, his teeth were different than they are now.

I know. Weird obsession. Sorry can't help it.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 11:24 PM
It appears to me they did, although I won't hazard a guess as to whether they are caps or implants, or what.

sad-cafe
04-29-2013, 11:25 PM
I know that Peter Cetera from Chicago had to have extensive mouth work done because of a fight he got into at Dodger Stadium. He credits it to his croner style signing that gave Chicago some of thie biggest ballads

sodascouts
04-30-2013, 03:35 AM
I think all the original Eagles had dental work done. Glenn definitely has. He used to have a gap but it's been gone since the nineties.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-30-2013, 06:29 AM
I think it says something about david geffin paying for some in the to the limit book...

Victim of Love
04-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I've wondered about this myself from time to time. I know in some early pictures of Timothy there is a bit of overlap in his two front teeth that is no longer there. Invisilines?

Brooke
04-30-2013, 10:25 AM
I bet they all have had lots of dental work done. They are too perfect now.

sc, it's not really weird; since you had to have it done it just makes you notice others more. I find that happens a lot no matter what it is you've had to do.

I have a nephew that is a dentist and I always am self conscious when he's around (at least mine are pretty good) and I always notice his family's teeth and what they've had done.

HiredHand
04-30-2013, 11:43 AM
They most definitely have had work done. In fact, most famous people, have had extensive work done on their teeth. If I had the money, I would too. :guitar:

EaglesKiwi
04-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Hey, even my dentist has tried writing me a treatment plan to get the alignment, whitening, re-shaping, caps etc done (after the fillings etc!)... unfortunately dentistry is extremely expensive here in NZ (I'm still paying off the $7k for wisdom teeth removal and a root canal I had done a few years ago!!) so most people can barely keep up with the necessary stuff!

Actually, caps quite often ARE a necessity, especially for anyone 40+. And if you're getting one done, then maybe the dentist will suggest "matching" work??

Dyan61
04-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Hey, even my dentist has tried writing me a treatment plan to get the alignment, whitening, re-shaping, caps etc done (after the fillings etc!)... unfortunately dentistry is extremely expensive here in NZ (I'm still paying off the $7k for wisdom teeth removal and a root canal I had done a few years ago!!) so most people can barely keep up with the necessary stuff!

Actually, caps quite often ARE a necessity, especially for anyone 40+. And if you're getting one done, then maybe the dentist will suggest "matching" work??

Hello fellow Kiwi!:partytime: Know what you mean about the cost would love to get mine done and as original poster says you do notice when your own aren't that great. Timothys look like falsies to me.....he's still gorgeous though!

sad-cafe
05-27-2013, 09:31 PM
I was watching Henley sing and noticed that he does some funny things with his mouth in between words when he sings.

Hubby took some video of me and my brothers and sisters this weekend and I was doing the same type of mouth movements. I do it because of my top denture plate. Made me go hum....

Prettymaid
05-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Where does he do this? I want to see.

Witchy Woman
05-28-2013, 12:38 AM
Where does he do this? I want to see.

If SC is speaking of Don's normal habit of licking his lips and opening his mouth slightly he has done this since the beginning. I don't know if it's a nervous reaction or what, but I find it rather endearing.

Prettymaid
05-28-2013, 12:39 AM
If SC is speaking of Don's normal habit of licking his lips and opening his mouth slightly he has done this since the beginning. I don't know if it's a nervous reaction or what, but I find it rather endearing.

In between words? I've never noticed this.

zeldabjr
05-28-2013, 12:40 AM
I've never noticed anything either...

Witchy Woman
05-28-2013, 12:41 AM
In between words? I've never noticed this.

He does it sometimes. He does it mostly when he speaks.

zeldabjr
05-28-2013, 08:14 AM
I am now forced to watch HFO or Farewell I to check this out! ;)

Prettymaid
05-28-2013, 08:17 AM
He does it sometimes. He does it mostly when he speaks.

I think maybe I've noticed this in passing before. I'd like to see SC's example of it when he sings, if she can point out a specific video or song in the DVD. I'm curious now!

sad-cafe
05-28-2013, 02:12 PM
On Farewell One when he is out front with the mic

On the Video of New York Minute from the History DVD

Prettymaid
05-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks SC, I'll have to check that out.

sodascouts
05-28-2013, 02:47 PM
I have no problem watching the mouths of our guys. ;)

Outlawman13
05-28-2013, 02:50 PM
LOL I love the mouths of our guys as well!!! MMMM

Brooke
05-28-2013, 04:18 PM
I have noticed that he kind of smacks his lips when he is talking. In the HFO dvd where he is talking about Get Over It, he does that. I think it's usually when he is speaking. I noticed it at the solo concert of his that I went to several years ago when he was speaking. I haven't noticed it when he is singing. I might have to study it further too!

Houston Debutante
05-28-2013, 05:24 PM
I have watched his mouth often, he does do that a bit but not so much you'd notice it unless you were watching closely.

sad-cafe
05-28-2013, 06:31 PM
it just happened that I watched the video of me and then the Eagles in the same couple of days and just noticed it.

I'm weird, I know

bashful badger
11-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Yes, I think Tiffanny Twisted’s on the money about dental work. Barney Hoskins’s Hotel California book says David Geffen paid for Don and Glenn to get their teeth done. Don’t know what could have been so wrong with them at that stage as they were just starting out.

GlennLover
11-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Glenn said in the David Geffen bio that Geffen gave him money to "get a couple of bad teeth fixed".

chaim
11-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Someone has analyzed Bowie:

http://videosift.com/video/David-Bowies-teeth-over-the-years-close-up-dental-analysis

:mrgreen:

Midnight Visitor
11-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Bowie definitely has all new teeth. Don't need to see any photos of that one. He's very obvious.

I've wondered about the teeth thing too. Mostly about Joe. (I guess that's not a surprise.) It's very rare that someone can drink like a fish for 30 years and keep those teeth looking so good. Tho if he has false teeth they look remarkably like his real ones. They're somewhat short and the ends (sharp part) of his teeth stick out slightly more then at the roots. Also, if Joe does have newish teeth, when did he get them?

deb828
11-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Bowie definitely has all new teeth. Don't need to see any photos of that one. He's very obvious.

I've wondered about the teeth thing too. Mostly about Joe. (I guess that's not a surprise.) It's very rare that someone can drink like a fish for 30 years and keep those teeth looking so good. Tho if he has false teeth they look remarkably like his real ones. They're somewhat short and the ends (sharp part) of his teeth stick out slightly more then at the roots. Also, if Joe does have newish teeth, when did he get them?Agree with you about Joe's teeth. Noticed that in the new documentary. JMO, but they seem like false teeth. Certainly I am not an expert, tho.

GlennLover
11-10-2013, 01:13 AM
I noticed that after Glenn & Joe had their teeth done they both sort of lisped a bit for a little while. I remember seeing (and hearing) Glenn do an interview during a golf tournament. I believe that he said he was 50 at the time. I think it was the in 60 Minutes interview that I noticed Joe lisping.