PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at Pepsi Center, Denver, CO - 10/5/2013

VAisForEagleLovers
05-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Will post ticket sale information soon.

Topkat
05-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Good thing I have friends in Denver....Maybe it's time to pay them a visit!!!:headbang:

LA Eagle
05-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Is the Pepsi Center a good venue for a concert??

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Saturday, June 8 at 10am (local venue time). There will be an AmEx presale beginning Sunday, June 2 at 10am (local venue time).

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2013, 11:39 PM
VIP presale is also Sunday, June 2 (10am MT), but tickets for general public go on sale at 6PM MT on 6/05.

Topkat
06-06-2013, 01:32 PM
My friend in Denver said she heard it announced on the radio yesterday, so now we just have to get our tickets! Looks like I'm heading to Denver in Oct!!!:grooving:

Brooke
06-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Cool Tk!

Ive always been a dreamer
06-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Good for you, TK! :partytime:

EaglesFanatic
06-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Is the Pepsi Center a good venue for a concert??

It's pretty good - very big venue but the sound is consistently good! I saw James Taylor and Carole King there a couple years ago, it was fantastic. (And I also like going to basketball games there, but I digress).

I'll be moved into college well before this concert, so unfortunately it looks like I won't be seeing this tour at all :(

Prettymaid
06-07-2013, 08:08 AM
It's nice to heat from you EF. We miss you! Too bad you won't get an opportunity to see a show this time around.

EaglesFanatic
06-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks PM and likewise :). Well, I guess I'll just hope that this is not their final tour...

Topkat
06-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Why are these tickets not up for sale yet on Ticketmaster???
Seems only VIP tickets are on sale..:sad:

I need to figure out what I'm doing because if I don't go to this, I will go to see Frampton & Felder who are playing at Red Rocks, which by the way is probably the MOST SPECTACULAR venue I have ever been to...
If you ever have the opportunity to see a concert there, YOU MUST GO..
Spectacular views of the Colorado mountains all around you! Just the BEST PLACE to see a concert!

Prettymaid
06-13-2013, 05:57 PM
I've been there, unfortunately not to see a concert. We were on vacation, so we went during the day. You're right, TK...it's spectacular. If you go to my profile page I have an album of that Colorado vacation, including pictures from Red Rocks.

sodascouts
06-13-2013, 09:23 PM
I saw Stevie Nicks there a couple years ago. It was staggering.

Topkat
06-13-2013, 10:01 PM
PM, I went to look at your photos of Red Rocks...Beautiful. When I went there, they did not allow cameras at the concerts. They searched our bags, & I had a camera, & would not allow it in. My poor friends husband had to walk back to the car to bring it back...As I recall it was a hike up those steps! He was a good sport. Not sure if they still do that, this was before the cell phone cameras!! LOL
I also saw the hotel from the Shining!!! loved that too...Nice photos

I sure wish the Eagles were playing at Red Rocks instead of the Pepsi Center. I am not really thrilled to go there!:eyebrow:

Prettymaid
06-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Have the Eagles ever played Red Rocks?

sodascouts
06-14-2013, 12:29 AM
As far as I know, they played two nights there in August 1975, but not since. I guess they outgrew the venue. It's gorgeous, but it's not an arena.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-14-2013, 08:52 AM
TK, Ticketmaster isn't selling the tickets for this event. Here's the link I found off the Eagles webpage.

http://www.tickethorse.com/event/history-of-the-eagles-live-in-concert/1680

Topkat
06-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Thanks VA, because I have been looking to buy tickets for over a week.
Now unfortunately they are offering me some really crappy seats for $200...

I may end up at Red Rocks after all....and then pray the Eagles show up here in NYC.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks VA, because I have been looking to buy tickets for over a week.
Now unfortunately they are offering me some really crappy seats for $200...

I may end up at Red Rocks after all....and then pray the Eagles show up here in NYC.

I guess the Pepsi Center isn't a partner of ticketmaster. They post links to other non ticketmaster sites. So far the Eagles site has been good about being updated and giving light is to tickets.

NYC Fan
06-14-2013, 02:56 PM
As far as I know, they played two nights there in August 1975, but not since. I guess they outgrew the venue. It's gorgeous, but it's not an arena.

One of my favorite concert videos ever is U2 Live at Red Rocks. It is a fantastic performance and the venue looks amazing. If the Eagles ever played there, I'd make the road trip for sure.

Topkat
06-14-2013, 04:06 PM
I don't really think any band can outgrow a venue...
Even the Rolling Stones have played in tiny little clubs, where they wanted to play & they can sell out any size arena.
It U2 can play at Red Rocks, so could the Eagles. U2 sells out stadiums as well.
I wish they would play Red Rocks, but doesn't look like that is happening any time this year!!:-(:-(:-(
Well, it's back to the drawing board for me! I still have no Eagles tickets:-(

NYC Fan
06-14-2013, 04:46 PM
I don't really think any band can outgrow a venue...
Even the Rolling Stones have played in tiny little clubs, where they wanted to play & they can sell out any size arena.
It U2 can play at Red Rocks, so could the Eagles. U2 sells out stadiums as well.
I wish they would play Red Rocks, but doesn't look like that is happening any time this year!!:-(:-(:-(
Well, it's back to the drawing board for me! I still have no Eagles tickets:-(

Well, to be fair, the U2 concert was in 1983 on the War tour, when they were just breaking here. I saw them the month before in a 2,500 seat hall and that same month at a half-full New Haven Coliseum (about 6,000 people at that show). I don't think they have played at Red Rocks since, but I could be wrong.

That said, how cool would it be for the Eagles to play there, just for the environment factor? What a great setting for a video from this tour!

Topkat
06-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Well, to be fair, the U2 concert was in 1983 on the War tour, when they were just breaking here. I saw them the month before in a 2,500 seat hall and that same month at a half-full New Haven Coliseum (about 6,000 people at that show). I don't think they have played at Red Rocks since, but I could be wrong.

That said, how cool would it be for the Eagles to play there, just for the environment factor? What a great setting for a video from this tour!

Yes, I agree, It would be cool for them to play there...It's such a beautiful place...When I saw U2 it was at a sold out Yankee Stadium in the 90's, but the Stones showed up to play with Muddy Waters at his tiny club for an impromptu performance that was unexpected just because they wanted to play with him.
I still don't think it would be beneath the Eagles to play a cool venue like that for the heck of it!!!!Yeah, I'll keep dreaming about that!:hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Hey, they played Revel in Atlantic City that holds 5500 people.

Topkat
06-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Yes, You're right, VA..The Revel was a small place! They also did that show at the Beacon.

That was less than a year ago, so it's possible to play Red Rocks. The only problem is that Red Rocks looks pretty booked for the summer & it's an outdoor venue, so I doubt they have any shows there most of the year.
If they are already booked at the big huge Pepsi Center, they may not be back in Denver, Co...unless it's next year!:partytime:

If they play there we should make a Border Party out of it! That would be a cool place to get together!

chaleymom
06-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Hey guys! Long time no talk! Just thought I'd check to see what's new - wow! this site has changed a lot since I last logged on probably a couple years ago! Lots and lots of new threads!

Wanted to see if there was a thread about the Denver show and here you are! My husband is flying us out there to the show in October since it will be our 12 year anniversary on October 6. This will be our 6th time (?) seeing the boys. A few years back, we flew to Los Angeles when they started their new tour. I'm guessing THIS one is new again???

I've been so out of touch....since I last was here, my daughter blessed me with a grandson who is now 6 months old (and truly a gift from heaven. His name is Cason). God brought him to us in November, just a couple months before my sweet mother passed away from the horrible Alzheimers disease this past March. I've been pretty busy, and now I'm ready for a vacation so my husband suggested a trip to Denver to see the band!

I, too, looked for tickets and only found VIP packages. I'm sure my hubby will figure it out. He's been known to spare no expense when it comes to anniversary presents!

Will check back again with you soon!

God Bless!

sodascouts
06-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Welcome back! Glad to hear of your new grandchild and my condolences on your mother. Let us know how your ticket hunting goes!

Prettymaid
06-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi chaleymom! Glad to hear from you again!

sad-cafe
09-29-2013, 02:31 AM
is this the next one?

Then mine?

Ive always been a dreamer
09-29-2013, 12:01 PM
There is a show before Denver in Lincoln, Nebraska on 10/4, but as far as I know, we don't have any Borderers attending that one.

Freypower
10-04-2013, 06:07 PM
This is the article SS posted elsewhere.

I cannot agree that LITFL sounds more like a Henley solo song; I would say that Wasted Time & The Last Resort do. Peculiar article.

http://www.denverpost.com/music/ci_24225962/modern-look-at-eagles-before-their-pepsi-center?source=rss