PDA

View Full Version : The Voice June 17

desperado
06-17-2013, 08:21 PM
just walked by my daughter watching TV and heard contestant "the swon brothers" performing "I Cant tell you why" pretty cool

now they're talking about The Eagles. Quote: "it's a really tall order to do one of their songs"

sad-cafe
06-17-2013, 08:23 PM
They did a fantastic job.

I talked about it in the Hearing Eagles songs thread.

WalshFan88
06-17-2013, 08:26 PM
OMG. My mom called me into the room as I was in another room. I had CHILLS.

ICTYW is one of my top favorite Eagles songs and they did it justice. And you never hear anyone covering that.

sad-cafe
06-17-2013, 08:28 PM
they did fantastic.

Adam even told them that Eagles songs are hard to cover and they did it justice!

I so hope they win. They have done 2 Eagles songs this season

Topkat
06-17-2013, 08:31 PM
OMG...Was I ever freaking out when I heard the Swon Brothers were doing I Can't Tell You Why..........They did a great job..We all know what a difficult song that is to sing & they just NAILED IT...

Please vote for the Swon Brothers to win the VOICE ...Amazing tribute to our guys tonight!

sad-cafe
06-17-2013, 08:35 PM
yes~

I want them to win

desperado
06-17-2013, 08:37 PM
They did a fantastic job.

I talked about it in the Hearing Eagles songs thread.

hi sad café, where is the hearing eagles song thread?

sad-cafe
06-17-2013, 08:38 PM
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1309&page=107

desperado
06-17-2013, 08:43 PM
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1309&page=107

as Mick Jagger says "thank you, kindly" (i'm a huge Stones fan too!)

sad-cafe
06-17-2013, 09:09 PM
as Mick Jagger says "thank you, kindly" (i'm a huge Stones fan too!)

you are most welcome.

They did fantastic. They did SBR a few weeks ago, did great on that one as well

TimothyBFan
06-18-2013, 07:18 AM
I received 3 text from different people last night as this was happening so I had to look it up this morning. I guess I'll have to be the odd man out here. As I was telling Austin earlier on FB, it was just ok to me. I listened a couple of times and it just didn't seem right or do much for me. But to be fair, I pretty much feel that way about any cover of an Eagles song.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Bob Seger just tweeted that he'll be performing on the next show in a duet with the Swon Brothers.

pueblo47
06-18-2013, 08:23 AM
I received 3 text from different people last night as this was happening so I had to look it up this morning. I guess I'll have to be the odd man out here. As I was telling Austin earlier on FB, it was just ok to me. I listened a couple of times and it just didn't seem right or do much for me. But to be fair, I pretty much feel that way about any cover of an Eagles song.

Ok, to start off, let me clear something up. I was told recently that the only time I post in here is to complain and criticize, so this is NEITHER. It's only MY opinion.

Back in the mid 90's, Travis Tritt got a group of big-name country artists and recorded Common Threads, Songs of the Eagles, and we know the results of that album.

Vince Gill did ICTYW and it was almost a perfect cover as his voice is similiar to TBS. Though I enjoy the album and all the covers, this one song is as close to flawless as it can get.

Willie, have mercy on me<G>.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Ok, to start off, let me clear something up. I was told recently that the only time I post in here is to complain and criticize, so this is NEITHER. It's only MY opinion.

Back in the mid 90's, Travis Tritt got a group of big-name country artists and recorded Common Threads, Songs of the Eagles, and we know the results of that album.

Vince Gill did ICTYW and it was almost a perfect cover as his voice is similiar to TBS. Though I enjoy the album and all the covers, this one song is as close to flawless as it can get.

I love Vince Gill, so it stands to reason I like his version of ICTYW. I didn't hear the one from last night, yet.

TimothyBFan
06-18-2013, 08:38 AM

And I am very THANKFUL that Travis did that for the obvious reason. I have never bought the album tho I've thought about it a couple of times but can't seem to bring myself to do it.

I just went and listened to Vince's version of it on YouTube- not bad. I actually like it better than this one last night. But it's still not Timothy. I don't know how to explain it but these other 2 versions seem to be too "hard"? Timothy's voice is so soft and soothing so I think it's hard for anyone else to get it like that. Does that make sense?

Houston Baby
06-18-2013, 10:06 AM
I love the Swon Brothers and I really liked their performance of 7BR a couple of weeks ago. But like TBF, I thought ICTYW was just ok, the harmonies were good, but the solo portions not so much, so ....
TBF - you are not alone! :hilarious:

And everyone was at my desk this morning wanting to know what I thought of the ICTYW performance since they know what a huge Eagles fan I am. After I told them it was ok, we played both the Swon Bros. & Eagles performances from YT. MY co-workers then could tell the difference. I know it is not fair to compare them but I had to show my co-workers what the song really sounds like. Timothy sings it so smooth - just like butter!! Now that song is going to be in my head ALL day!! So it will be a great day!!

BTW one of my co-workers said ICTYW was one of his favorite songs but he didn't know it was an Eagles song! :headscratch: I will forgive him since he is so young but I am going to bring him some of my Eagles cds! :hilarious:

Topkat
06-18-2013, 11:09 AM
hi sad café, where is the hearing eagles song thread?

The thread is called "Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly" It is under the Eagles discussion area ( This one)
I also posted 7 Bridges Road in there, which they did
I am at work now so I can't transfer them over here!

Prettymaid
06-18-2013, 12:42 PM
And I am very THANKFUL that Travis did that for the obvious reason. I have never bought the album tho I've thought about it a couple of times but can't seem to bring myself to do it.

I just went and listened to Vince's version of it on YouTube- not bad. I actually like it better than this one last night. But it's still not Timothy. I don't know how to explain it but these other 2 versions seem to be too "hard"? Timothy's voice is so soft and soothing so I think it's hard for anyone else to get it like that. Does that make sense?

It makes sense to me, because that's what I thought, too. The guy has a good voice, but he didn't sing the song tenderly enough, like Timothy does.

TimothyBFan
06-18-2013, 12:50 PM
So I got curious and just went in and watched the video TK posted of 7BR and I'll say that was awesome! Obviously they are very talented but I think they could of picked a better Eagles song then ICTYW to do last night after hearing what they could do with 7BR. JMO.

sad-cafe
06-18-2013, 12:50 PM
because Timothy B can not be replaced!!!

Still they did better than the other two contestants. AND they must love the Eagles because they have done two of their songs!

Prettymaid
06-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Well, that's gotta count for something!

sad-cafe
06-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Right now on iTunes:

4. Danny's Song - Swon Bros
5. Born to Fly - Danielle
7. Why - Michelle
10. Maybe It Was Memphis - Danielle
15. I Can't Tell You Why - Swon Bros
18. One - Michelle & Usher
22. Timber - Danielle & Blake
36. I Knew You Were Trouble - Michelle
48. Who I Am - Danielle
53. Celebrity - Swon Bros & Balke
71. Please Remember Me - Danielle
92. Turn the Page - Swon Bros
93. Time After Time - Michelle
95. Grandpa - Danielle

And that's all for the Top 100.

SteveJoburg
06-20-2013, 12:28 PM
I saw a YT clip of the Swon Brothers doing Night Moves with Bob Seger... Forgive me but I thought it was great... If the two kids would just shush and let Bob sing...

WalshFan88
06-20-2013, 05:14 PM
I think they are great singers. Probably my favorites right now as far as new singers. I hope they will get picked up by the record companies.

ICTYW was wonderful and by far the best cover yet. Night Moves was good - I liked them singing on it.

To me they have great rock voices. I don't really get why some think they are country - they have done country songs but to me they are RnB/rock oriented.

sad-cafe
06-20-2013, 05:21 PM
I guess cause they are from Oklahoma and they picked Blake for their coach. However, they didn't audition with country :shrug: