PDA

View Full Version : What band/artist are you into at the moment?

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Thought of an idea for a thread. It could be a new band/artist or an old band/artist, and one you have loved for years or one you just discovered. Just what non-Eagles songs have you been playing the most from one artist/group at the moment.

For me it's Led Zeppelin. I've loved them for years but I find myself listening to Zep all day and watching videos of them. They have so many good songs that span multiple types of music. And probably the highest number of iconic guitar riffs of any band.. Page is God. :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
06-19-2013, 11:38 AM
For me it's Led Zeppelin. I've loved them for years but I find myself listening to Zep all day and watching videos of them. They have so many good songs that span multiple types of music. And probably the highest number of iconic guitar riffs of any band.. Page is God. :hilarious:

Really? I really must check them out someday. :nahnah:

I have a tendency of listening to my favorites all the time with a few others mixed in. Know what I mean? So for the last 30-40 years it's ALWAYS Zeppelin, the Cars & Sweet (besides the Eagles) but I've been on a Paul McCartney & Wings kick lately.

cheryl
06-19-2013, 11:55 AM
For me it is Tom Petty. Wasn't a big fan years ago. Saw him on Soundstage about 3 years ago. Now I wonder why I never listened to his music. I've seen him live twice; last time was this past Saturday in Indianapolis, Indiana with 24,000 others. Show was 2hrs of awesome, especially Mike Campbell. I love great Rock guitar players and having also seen Joe Walsh and Eric Clapton in person, wow.

Troubadour
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
CSN, Adele, Bonnie Raitt, Lyle Lovett.

Brooke
06-19-2013, 03:10 PM
We've been listening to a lot of Tom Petty lately. They had lots of great songs! Would love to see them in concert.

Also CS & N & Y! Need to see them again!

wasl89
06-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Lately I've been listening to The Alan Parsons Project and especially the first album called 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe'. It's just an amazing album, it never fails to amaze me!

Also some Guns N' Roses, Status Quo and John Lee Hooker albums find their way onto my turntable. Some friends describe me as a big music addict, and I never argue about that fact. Music is a big part of my life. :grooving:

WalshFan88
06-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Very cool!

Yes Tom Petty is great - huge Mike Campbell fan.

cricrichan
06-19-2013, 04:51 PM
I've recently re-discovered Chicago's music thanks to a friend of mine who plays keyboards in a Chicago cover band. I've loved Chicago's music since I was a child and I'm very glad to have re-discovered them again ... and I also re-discovered many beautiful songs of Toto and Beatles :heart:

Tiffanny Twisted
06-19-2013, 06:37 PM
John Foggerty
I bought his new cd and am so loving it.
It has Bob Seeger, Keith Urban, Zac Brown Band and so many others including his sons playing guitar with their dad.
It is my album /cd at the moment. Usually, I have a track or two blasting as my coworkers arrive in the early am. lol
Love this cd

Freypower
06-19-2013, 07:20 PM
I've been playing all my Rolling Stones albums in the car but most of the time I play the iPod on shuffle so I am not into anyone in particular, just the usual suspects who people know I love.

Prettymaid
06-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Yes, I usually shuffle my iPod, too, so no new faves, but if I'm gearing up for a concert I play that artist incessantly. Soooo...right now it's the Eagles!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2013, 07:59 AM
I've been re-appreciating Genesis and Phil Collins lately.

bluefox4000
06-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Spinning my Poco discography. After Ages. These guys are a blast. I'd forgotten.

Mick

Outlawman13
06-20-2013, 04:47 PM
I've been loving and re-listening to the Cars/Ben Orr again!!! I can't seem to get enough of them!!!

Freypower
06-20-2013, 07:04 PM
I've been re-appreciating Genesis and Phil Collins lately.

Any particular songs?

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2013, 09:20 PM
I have a best of Genesis and best of Phil, and I just listen to both. Of course, In the Air Tonight always gets a replay!

EagleLady
06-20-2013, 09:31 PM
I seem to like his ballads the best, Like Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2013, 09:38 PM
I seem to like his ballads the best, Like Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)

I just listened to that! It's one of my faves as well.

mustangkim11
06-20-2013, 09:53 PM
I have a varied variety of things that I listen to but lately it's been Marillion, Fish and Adam Ant. I've been doing a lot of long hours at work and I've had these three on my iPod all day long.

I'll go thru periods where I'll 'rediscover' something that I was really into during a previous time. Who knows? Next week, it might be someone else.

TimothyBFan
06-21-2013, 07:48 AM
I've been loving and re-listening to the Cars/Ben Orr again!!! I can't seem to get enough of them!!!

I know this will sound weird but this is one that NEVER EVER EVER leaves my ipod or music library. Benjamin's voice is one that I HAVE to hear several times a day or it's like I can't get through the day.Dramatic sounding, even to my own ears, but it's true. Always has been. Can't remember a time since I first heard the Cars in the 70s that I haven't felt that way about them/him. I can't say that about anyone else, not even the Eagles or Zep. I guess that's why I've gone through several copies of every album they've ever put out. :hilarious:

Outlawman13
06-21-2013, 01:40 PM
I know exactly what you mean Willie!!! Ben's voice just puts me in one of the best moods ever!!! I have always loved the Cars (ever since I was little) and about 5 years ago, Ben Orr became an idol to me. I so agree that The Cars band (and of course Ben) is like no other band on this earth!!!! LOL I love their albums too!!!

Troubadour
06-22-2013, 05:38 PM
I really like Brett Dennen at the moment. He's got a really unique voice - gorgeous tone. The song 'Ain't Gonna Lose You' caught my attention a while ago.

Freypower
06-22-2013, 06:33 PM
On behalf of my husband, Joe Bonamassa.

Here he is playing the Don Felder Hotel California guitar on the Who's Young Man Blues. The credits of the DVD specifically list this guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4H3Y031NDI

And with my husband's other hero, Glenn Hughes (bass ) in Black Country Communion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiFBKCPJMbs

Troubadour
06-22-2013, 06:43 PM
I love Joe Bonamassa! I love the album he did with Beth Hart (one of my favourite current female vocalists.)

NYC Fan
06-23-2013, 08:59 PM
I've been listening to a lot of singer-songwriters the last few years. My favorite is Josh Ritter, but I really like Amos Lee as well, particularly his Mission Bell album.

Tomorrow night I'm going to see Dawes in a small benefit concert at Housing Works here in the City. I saw them play with Jackson Browne at Occupy Wall Street and also at the 2011 WFUV Holiday show and they are really good. I also like James Maddock quite a bit. He's playing right outside my workplace on Tuesday night, so we'll see him there.

And I'm on a Stones kick after that amazing Philly concert on Friday. Besides seeing them at the 12/12/12 show and Mick at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concerts a few years back, I hadn't seen them live in years. They were fantastic. What a great, great show. They had the whole place rocking, for sure.

Oh yeah, there is that band from LA that I've been listening to a lot as well :D

zeldabjr
06-23-2013, 09:30 PM
I would have to say Emerson, Lake and Palmer...

Prettymaid
04-11-2014, 11:25 PM
For the past few months I've been into the Doobie Brothers. I don't care for Michael McDonald's voice, so I don't like that era, but I love Tom Johnston and Pat Simmons! I've always liked their songs when they come on the radio, but other than that I never paid any attention to them.

Last year my SIL asked us if we wanted to go see the Doobie Brothers with them, and we said sure. We sat about halfway back on the floor, but I brought my binoculars so it was okay and I enjoyed the show and I enjoyed remembering all of those songs.

Fast forward to January of this year. I was messing around on YouTube and found this video of South City Midnight Lady. I remember hearing it live and saying, "Oh yeah, THIS is one of their songs!" Well, I watched this video over and over again and fell in love with the song and Patrick Simmons' smile. After that I just started watching every video I could find, performance or interview, it didn't matter. I've purchased some of their songs from iTunes and two of their DVDs from Amazon. I think they're a great guitar band and I love watching them perform. They just seem to enjoy it so much. I can't wait to be front and center at a live show. Anybody else a fan?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OfFWfP1ZCR4

WalshFan88
04-11-2014, 11:45 PM
I like the Doobies!

My favorite song of theirs would have to be Listen To The Music... But I really like China Grove, Long Train Runnin', Rockin' Down The Highway, Jesus Is Just Alright, etc. "Black Water" is the only one I can't stand and I don't know why. Otherwise I really like their music.

Freypower
04-11-2014, 11:54 PM
David Bowie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtsV50_-p4

I don't know why it isn't embedding & showing an image the way PM's post does above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH7dMBcg-gE

WalshFan88
04-11-2014, 11:57 PM
Remove the "s" in https:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtsV50_-p4

Freypower
04-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Oh OK, thanks Austin! Strange as I never had to do that before! ETA: I see now; the 's' shows up in the Firefox link but not the IE link.

Anyway Bowie's album The Next Day is wonderful & I highly recommend it.

Prettymaid
04-12-2014, 12:02 AM
I like the Doobies!

My favorite song of theirs would have to be Listen To The Music... But I really like China Grove, Long Train Runnin', Jesus Is Just Alright, etc. "Black Water" is the only one I can't stand and I don't know why. Otherwise I really like their music.

Lol! I never knew the words to the first line of Black Water until this year! (It's Well I've built me a raft and it's ready for floating). ;) While it's not one I play a lot I do appreciate the lyrics (now) and how the essence of the song has a nice New Orleans, Mississippi vibe. My least favorite hit is probably China Grove. I'm not sure why. I love Listen To the Music, too, and always have. The Doobie Brothers is an example of a band that put out positive, feel good music.

Here's a video I just love! Great rockin' performance!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=heFYYmrd620

WalshFan88
04-12-2014, 12:08 AM
David Bowie is great FP. I'm partial to the Ziggy and Diamond Dogs eras but all of his music is pretty good. We do "Rebel Rebel" in our band and it's probably my favorite Bowie tune.

Freypower
04-12-2014, 12:09 AM
David Bowie is great FP. I'm partial to the Ziggy and Diamond Dogs eras but all of his music is pretty good. We do "Rebel Rebel" in our band and it's probably my favorite Bowie tune.

Classic song.

At one point someone was going to start a Bowie thread but hadn't done so. I guess I should.

thelastresort
04-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Can't stop listening to the Bellamy Brothers at the moment. I think it all started when I went to download Let Your Love Flow and listened to the samples of some of their other stuff on iTunes. Their perpetual use of steel pedal is greatly appreciated :D

wasl89
04-17-2014, 06:01 AM
I can't stop playing the album "Howl" from The Mighty Oaks. Wonderful album!

Brooklyn Roads
04-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Lately I've been listening to The Alan Parsons Project and especially the first album called 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination Edgar Allan Poe'. It's just an amazing album, it never fails to amaze me!

Also some Guns N' Roses, Status Quo and John Lee Hooker albums find their way onto my turntable. Some friends describe me as a big music addict, and I never argue about that fact. Music is a big part of my life. :grooving:

I love Alan Parson's Project. A lot of diversity in their albums over the years. I like a lot of guest singers they feature on their albums, too. Very underrated and should get more recognition.

Brooklyn Roads
04-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Some of my faves at the moment are:

Fitz and the Tantrums
Jessie J.
The Beach Boys
The Shins
Katy Perry

I recently downloaded some Styx songs, too.

secret squirrel
04-22-2014, 01:39 PM
I love Alan Parson's Project. A lot of diversity in their albums over the years. I like a lot of guest singers they feature on their albums, too. Very underrated and should get more recognition.

Old and Wise is a beautiful song. Colin Blunstone plays it live still and the first time I heard him do it, I was in tears, I was so emotional.

SS
xx
[/URL][URL]http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/im-on-fire-shakey-graves.html (http://bmaycreative.com/tag/shakey-graves/)

WalshFan88
05-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Major Heart kick going on now..... Huge fan of that band. Nancy Wilson is a guitar goddess and all 3 guitarists in that original band had great guitar parts.

I've been listening to their stuff forwards and backwards and I think my fave is still Straight On. That groove and drum beat is soooo infectious! That said I'm really digging Even It Up, Heartless, and Kick It Out - which weren't as well known as Barracuda, Crazy On You, Magic Man, etc but great little rock n' roll tunes. I dig their 80s stuff too but not as much. But Ann Wilson singing "Alone" with those high notes always gives me chills. But generally speaking from Dreamboat Annie to Bebe Le Strange is my favorite period.

UndertheWire
05-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Jim Croce. I've just seen the new X-Man movie.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Boston. Although I'm not certain it can be classified as 'at the moment' because I'm always into Boston.

secret squirrel
05-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Listening to Shakey Graves's To Cure What Ails (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO5btv6fqLg) and just now a clip on YT of TBS singing 'How Far I'll Fly' that sounds like it was recorded underwater.

Also crazy for some of the songs from Nashville (particularly Avery and Juliette).

SS
xx
http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/im-on-fire-shakey-graves.html

DJ
05-25-2014, 12:26 PM
The Best of Carly Simon, on Your So Vain I didn't know Mick Jagger sang backup, what a treat.:thumbsup:

secret squirrel
05-26-2014, 11:11 AM
How could I forget Christian Kane? Here's America High, a song he wrote after the Twin Towers and the conflict in Iraq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlQi5oWPRi8

I'm a sucker for his accent.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/christian-kane-covered-in-glory.html

VAisForEagleLovers
06-01-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm obviously into Van Halen at the moment, because I can't get Dreams out of my head. It's been there nearly a week!

irga
06-02-2014, 05:07 AM
I'm into Peter Gabriel right now (an obvious aftermath of his great concert in Poland), and also into Robin Guthrie, whom I like to listen especially while working on translations. Robin was a founding member of Cocteau Twins, one of the best groups from 4AD label in the 80s IMHO. The dreamy sound of his guitar in his compositions is beautiful.

WalshFan88
06-08-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm obviously into Van Halen at the moment, because I can't get Dreams out of my head. It's been there nearly a week!

"We'll get higher and higher...." Yep. Catchy song! I just got 5150 on vinyl.

Van Hagar gets a lot of hate. My personal Van Hagar song is "Finish What Ya Started". That funky riff is so cool. I dig that era. DLR era is my favorite but the Hagar era isn't as bad as some make it out to be. Now Van Halen III with Gary Cherone - now that SUCKED! :hilarious:

cricrichan
06-09-2014, 02:28 AM
I've been listening a lot to Toto's songs again lately ... just re-discovered them and now I can definitely say they are my second favorite band after Our Boys and I'd love to see them in concert someday :D

P.s. I'm going to tell you a secret: I have a crush on Steve Lukather and Joseph Williams :blush: Shhh ... don't tell them ;)

prayfordaylight
06-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Van Hagar gets a lot of hate. My personal Van Hagar song is "Finish What Ya Started". That funky riff is so cool. I dig that era. DLR era is my favorite but the Hagar era isn't as bad as some make it out to be. Now Van Halen III with Gary Cherone - now that SUCKED! :hilarious:

I agree with all of this. I consider Van Halen and Van Hagar separate bands but both good bands. You just can't compare the two even though 3/4 of the members were the same.

The less said about Gary Cherone, the better LOL.

thelastresort
06-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Getting into Yes recently. Squire I consider the greatest bassist ever and Wakeman is an absolute God on keyboards. Add in Steve Howe's ability to play anything with horizontal strings, and Anderson / Bruford or White and you've got a pretty awesome set-up. Love a decent bit of prog and some of the lyrics / concepts they come up with are superb.

WalshFan88
06-09-2014, 05:49 PM
I agree with all of this. I consider Van Halen and Van Hagar separate bands but both good bands. You just can't compare the two even though 3/4 of the members were the same.

The less said about Gary Cherone, the better LOL.

Yeah I consider Van Hagar more soft rock with a pop edge, but good songs. Van Halen with DLR was definitely edgier and more hard rock and a bit more "raw", for lack of a better word.

And I echo your last statement!

tjh532
06-13-2014, 07:56 PM
I've been listening a lot to Toto's songs again lately ... just re-discovered them and now I can definitely say they are my second favorite band after Our Boys and I'd love to see them in concert someday :D

P.s. I'm going to tell you a secret: I have a crush on Steve Lukather and Joseph Williams :blush: Shhh ... don't tell them ;)

Not to mention the fact that a certain gorgeous bass player we both love sang a lot of back up for them, and you can often hear him on their songs!:)

tjh532
06-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Yeah I consider Van Hagar more soft rock with a pop edge, but good songs. Van Halen with DLR was definitely edgier and more hard rock and a bit more "raw", for lack of a better word.

And I echo your last statement!

I was a huge Van Halen fan in the 80s, and much prefer DLR. Although, if I am to be completely honest, my favorite was Eddie. I had such a huge crush, I was certain that I was going to grow up to marry him. I cannot tell you how much I hated Valerie Bertinelli when she stole my man!:hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-14-2014, 03:48 PM
"We'll get higher and higher...." Yep. Catchy song! I just got 5150 on vinyl.

I loved the group with Hagar!! I always liked Sammy, so when he joined them I was happy!! I never took them very seriously with DLR. They were more Hair Band than Rock for me. Forgive me for being so graphic, but to me, it always sounded like someone was squeezing his family jewels at the end of every line.

Now, however, I seem to be into Molly Hatchet. Flirting With Disaster is a great song IMO, and it's been in my head for days. I don't know why, but in the early summer, I have a tendency to get into Southern Rock. I'll make my way through .38 Special and Lynyrd Skynyrd and few others and be up to someone like G&R by the beginning of July.

WalshFan88
06-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Forgive me for being so graphic, but to me, it always sounded like someone was squeezing his family jewels at the end of every line.

LMAO!!!!!! :lol:

Lots of singers with that characteristic. :hilarious:

UndertheWire
07-23-2014, 09:20 AM
"Argus" by Wishbone Ash.

I felt like some guitar music and it's hard to beat the twin guitars of Andy Powell and Ted Turner. I'd forgotten how good everything else was, too.

If you like guitars and you've never listened to this, what's your excuse?

BTW, it may start off acoustic but it doesn't stay that way for long.

sad-cafe
07-24-2014, 01:48 AM
Eagles always

Doobie Brothers
Rascal Flatts
LIttle Big Town
Brad Paisley

OntheBorder74
04-19-2015, 08:17 PM
I love a lot of music from the 70s. sorta discovering music from that time, one artist at a time, this week for me has been Kansas; love their first album and so far found their songs all very easy to enjoy! Also been listening to others like Cat Stevens and Player (who had more great songs than Baby Come Back)

Jonny Come Lately
04-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Recently I've been begun to discover Deep Purple (Mk2 version with Ian Gillan and Roger Glover). I became curious about their music after watching a really interesting BBC documentary about hard rock and early heavy metal which featured a fair bit of their music. So I've only really heard the Machine Head album - my favourite song so far has been Highway Star (those guitar and organ solos are awesome!). I intend to buy this when I get the chance along with Wishbone Ash's debut album which I have also been impressed by, I found Argus in my Dad's CD collection and downloaded Pilgrimage but nowadays prefer to buy most of my music on CD, unless I consider it a low importance release, like Pink Floyd's More soundtrack or Led Zeppelin's Coda.

Apart from this I've mainly listened to my established favourites lately. Forum regulars will probably know these by now but in case you don't know these are: Bob Dylan, Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler, Eagles (of course), Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young and Pink Floyd.

Freypower
04-21-2015, 05:45 PM
Recently I've been begun to discover Deep Purple (Mk2 version with Ian Gillan and Roger Glover). I became curious about their music after watching a really interesting BBC documentary about hard rock and early heavy metal which featured a fair bit of their music. So I've only really heard the Machine Head album - my favourite song so far has been Highway Star (those guitar and organ solos are awesome!). I intend to buy this when I get the chance along with Wishbone Ash's debut album which I have also been impressed by, I found Argus in my Dad's CD collection and downloaded Pilgrimage but nowadays prefer to buy most of my music on CD, unless I consider it a low importance release, like Pink Floyd's More soundtrack or Led Zeppelin's Coda.

Apart from this I've mainly listened to my established favourites lately. Forum regulars will probably know these by now but in case you don't know these are: Bob Dylan, Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler, Eagles (of course), Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young and Pink Floyd.

My husband will tell you you need to hear Made In Japan for the definitive version of Highway Star.

thelastresort
04-21-2015, 06:06 PM
... I became curious about their music after watching a really interesting BBC documentary about hard rock and early heavy metal which featured a fair bit of their music. So I've only really heard the Machine Head album - my favourite song so far has been Highway Star (those guitar and organ solos are awesome!).

I've seen a BBC documentary on that sort of topic before, is it called Heavy Metal Britannia or something like that? Early heavy metal (the intentional bands like Sabbath and Priest, not Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple-esque work) and NWOBHM is my favourite period of any genre ever so I found it quite fun viewing. :D

Also, I will agree on Highway Star: for me Jon Lord is the only rock pianist who could go toe-to-toe with Rick Wakeman.

SilverAcidRayne
04-21-2015, 08:42 PM
I've been getting into Vanilla Fudge lately... i'm fascinated with music of that era. very different and cool :)

Jonny Come Lately
04-23-2015, 12:42 PM
I've seen a BBC documentary on that sort of topic before, is it called Heavy Metal Britannia or something like that? Early heavy metal (the intentional bands like Sabbath and Priest, not Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple-esque work) and NWOBHM is my favourite period of any genre ever so I found it quite fun viewing. :D

Also, I will agree on Highway Star: for me Jon Lord is the only rock pianist who could go toe-to-toe with Rick Wakeman.

Yes, I think that's what the documentary was called. I definitely remember Jon Lord speaking about trying to ensure that he got heard over Ritchie Blackmore's guitar. Other highlights included one guitarist (can't recall which band he was in) playing the Whole Lotta Love riff, Lemmy's model railway locomotive being repainted with Motorhead insignia and a photo of Black Sabbath getting a chicken to smoke a cigarette! :grin:

I agree that there is a difference between the intentional heavy metal bands and the hard rock bands which sometimes get mentioned alongside them. I've sometimes seen references to the 'unholy trinity of heavy metal albums' of Led Zeppelin IV, Black Sabbath's Paranoid and Deep Purple's Machine Head when only Sabbath were truly in that category. Having said that, considering that some people think Bon Jovi are a heavy metal band, you could say that by that standard Purple and Zeppelin are metal through and through...

Freypower
04-23-2015, 06:40 PM
Led Zeppelin IV is not a heavy metal album. :rolleyes:

WalshFan88
04-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Blackberry Smoke. Awesome band in the vain of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, Black Crowes, etc.

Brooke
04-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Blackberry Smoke. Awesome band in the vain of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, Black Crowes, etc.

I really like BS too! They have been as close to me as Columbia, MO (95 miles) and in a very small venue and I missed them. :doh:

ETA: Last time I saw a concert on tv, they all had VERY long hair! Reminded me of the Allman Brothers!

Glennsallnighter
04-29-2015, 05:35 PM
I've always liked Spandau Ballet, they are an 80s band I grew up with but like so many of the bands of the 80s they too split for a while. But after the last concert and the Meet and Greet I've been checking out more of their music. They are also playing a lot of gigs at the moment - In the States this month - check them out if they are playing near you. You will NOT be disappointed.

They are also very interactive with the crowds and very approachable according to other people I have chatted to on their FB page.

And on a purely shallow note, their vocalist Tony Hadley plays Golf! Now I am imagining a dream celebrity tournament......!!

sad-cafe
05-08-2015, 10:51 PM
I have been really into the Doobie Brothers and not their main stream hits but all the different songs on the albums. Very awesome and if you want a great survey of their variety, get Wolf Trap concert.

Since I won tickets to see Def Leppard in October we have been pulling our DF CD's out and listening to them too