PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in Eagles main web site :-(

Elizasong
08-04-2013, 09:58 PM
So I saw the new line of Eagles T-shirts that the Eagles main web site has and I went to go purchase one but when I continue to click check out it goes to a blank page. :-(

I've tried it several times and no good. So I went to customer support to get in touch with them and you have to have an account BUT there is no screen or option to set up an account with the web site. :-(

Do they want people to buy this product or what???

Has anyone else had problems like this??

Thanks for any advice.

sodascouts
08-04-2013, 10:16 PM
What browser are you using? You might try an alternate one. I was able to order using Firefox.

Elizasong
08-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Oh I'm on internet explorer. Ok I'll download firefox to my computer and see if that helps.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
08-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Elizasong--- I think it was in the Merchandise thread where I mentioned that I wasn't able to order either and I believe a couple others said the same thing. :sad:

Elizasong
08-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Update! I was successful in using another browser to purchase my t-shirt. Thanks very much for the tip.

sodascouts
08-05-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm glad it worked for you! However, since most people's default browser is IE, they have a big problem if their site doesn't work for people who are using it. Most people would get frustrated and give up rather than asking around like you did. I bet they're losing a lot of sales due to this issue.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I have IE and it works fine. Unfortunately it depends on your IE settings, so there is no easy answer. Speaking as a software tester, I can say that whoever tested it happened to have their settings just right and gave the test a 'P' for Pass. No one pays any company enough money to test every browser with all the different settings...

Elizasong
08-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I agree Soda. You would think they would want a well working site during major tour.

Elizasong
08-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Good point VA. Ive heard that before since I work in digital marketing. The company they have running their store doesn't seem that up to speed.

sodascouts
08-05-2013, 10:51 PM
I have IE and it works fine. Unfortunately it depends on your IE settings, so there is no easy answer. Speaking as a software tester, I can say that whoever tested it happened to have their settings just right and gave the test a 'P' for Pass. No one pays any company enough money to test every browser with all the different settings...

Enough people have had this problem, as seen by this community alone, that one would think they would concern themselves with trying to fix it. You may not pay them enough to test every browser thoroughly, but a common default browser like IE?! That would be worth a little more time and effort testing with a few variable (obviously not that uncommon) settings and older versions still commonly in use. Even a lowly fansite designer like myself who is making no money off my efforts would be searching for a solution if this many users were telling me my site wasn't working on their browsers. Indeed, I have done that when I discovered my CSS coding wasn't displaying consistently in older versions of IE when I was first building the sites. It was a freaking nightmare but I worked it out. I'm currently dealing with problems with my site's functionality on some mobile devices which I haven't solved yet, but then again no one's paying me to do so, lol.

As has been noted before, though, this outfit is not exactly top-notch.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Enough people have had this problem, as seen by this community alone, that one would think they would concern themselves with trying to fix it. You may not pay them enough to test every browser thoroughly, but a common default browser like IE?! That would be worth a little more time and effort testing with a few variable (obviously not that uncommon) settings and older versions still commonly in use. Even a lowly fansite designer like myself who is making no money off my efforts would be searching for a solution if this many users were telling me my site wasn't working on their browsers. Indeed, I have done that when I discovered my CSS coding wasn't displaying consistently in older versions of IE when I was first building the sites. It was a freaking nightmare but I worked it out. I'm currently dealing with problems with my site's functionality on some mobile devices which I haven't solved yet, but then again no one's paying me to do so, lol.

As has been noted before, though, this outfit is not exactly top-notch.

It works fine in IE, that's what I was saying. It might be a particular version, but it's likely browser settings, Internet Zone settings and security settings. Unless people are sending them emails and complaining, they probably don't know there's a problem, since it does work in IE.

sodascouts
08-09-2013, 01:28 AM
I understand what you meant, VA. It works for your version with your settings. I say that for a common browser like IE, they should test it using more than one setting/version. That's what I do and I just run a fansite!

It is fair to say that they may not know about the problem, though. I might mention it tomorrow when I call to inquire about why they sent me two notifications with two different numbers for one order that only contained one item.

Fun times.

Glennsallnighter
08-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Once they don't CHARGE you twice Soda.....