PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite snippet of Eagles music

thelastresort
09-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Firstly, sorry if this has been done before or is in the wrong section, and secondly sorry if you don't use this word in America (if ya don't, it means small piece of).

Anyway, I was listening to Try and Love Again last night and whilst most of that song I like (as in just like), the way the line 'She was dancing right in time, and the moves she made so fine' was sung really caught my attention, I don't know if it's Randy voice or the way it's sung but it's a really nice little piece of music. That got me trying to think of other brief bits of Eagles stuff I really like and so far I've come up with the little bass / lead guitar progression in LITFL and the beautiful harmony in NKIT 'Where you been lately...'

I was just wondering what other people's were: the short pieces of Eagles music that really touch you.

Cheers

randymeisnerrocks
09-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Firstly, sorry if this has been done before or is in the wrong section, and secondly sorry if you don't use this word in America (if ya don't, it means small piece of).

Anyway, I was listening to Try and Love Again last night and whilst most of that song I like (as in just like), the way the line 'She was dancing right in time, and the moves she made so fine' was sung really caught my attention, I don't know if it's Randy voice or the way it's sung but it's a really nice little piece of music. That got me trying to think of other brief bits of Eagles stuff I really like and so far I've come up with the little bass / lead guitar progression in LITFL and the beautiful harmony in NKIT 'Where you been lately...'

I was just wondering what other people's were: the short pieces of Eagles music that really touch you.

Cheers

You know I've always been a dreamer, Spent my life runnin' round,
And it's so hard to change, Can't seem to settle down."

I should have wrote that...

Prettymaid
09-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Great topic TLR! I'll have to give it some thought.

Freypower
09-05-2013, 06:59 PM
The first verse of New Kid In Town:

There's talk on the street
It sounds so familiar
Great expectations
Everybody's watching you

because of the way it is sung.

Prettymaid
09-05-2013, 09:11 PM
This is hard! I've always liked the 'Jesus, people bought 'em' part of The Last Resort, but I like several snippets of that song. And I know there are others. I just have to think.

WalshFan88
09-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Not any surprise but:

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key".

Words of wisdom right there. ;)

GlennLover
09-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Heartache Tonight

We can beat around the bushes
We can get down to the bone
We can leave it in the parking lot
But either way

Love how this is sung! Most of the others mentioned I particularly like too!

MaryCalifornia
09-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Oooooh this is a fun one! That same line in Try and Love Again really gets to me, too!! I do think it is because of the way he sings it - he is really singing in full voice here, no holding back. I don't think any other singer could make it sound that way. It's funny - I was just listening to it the other day and thinking that he probably did so many takes during the recording process , and I pictured Don and Glenn pushing him to really let loose and hit the strong, high notes, making him do it over and over, haha. Obviously, I have no idea how it went down...but he is really going for it in this song. If he was uncomfortable singing TITTL live, I can't see any way how he could have sung this one. According to Border reports he did sing it a couple of times in NYC.

I have to say that "and then you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself" was one of my favorite lines as a little kid when my parents had Greatest Hits.

One line that really gives me the creeps is, "Oh my god, I can't believe, it's happening again..." - that sends chills down my spine.

Going to go do some more listening and report back!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-06-2013, 12:46 PM
OMG - I have a ton of them. But, one of my very favorite lines and the first one that popped in my head is "They will never forget you, 'til somebody new comes along" from New Kid In Town. I'll post some others when I get more time.

shunlvswx
09-06-2013, 02:27 PM
From HC. "You can check out any time you like. But you can never leave"

New Kid in Town: I love when Glenn hits that high note at the end.
There’s talk on the street; it’s there to remind you
That it doesn’t really matter which side you’re on
You’re walking away and they’re talking behind you
They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along

Where you been lately?
There’s a new kid in town
Everybody loves him, don’t they?
And he’s holding her
And you’re still around, oh my my
There’s a new kid in town
Just another new kid in town

Waste Time: So you can get on with your search, baby
And I can get on with mine
And maybe someday we will find
That it wasn't really wasted time

The Long Run: 'Cause all the debutantes in Houston, baby
Couldn't hold a candle to you

Brooke
09-06-2013, 04:00 PM
First of all, the opening chords of Take It Easy. Always brings a smile to my face!

Also, I have always loved all the other lines that have already been mentioned here! There are just too many!

Freypower
09-06-2013, 05:46 PM
OMG - I have a ton of them. But, one of my very favorite lines and the first one that popped in my head is "They will never forget you, 'til somebody new comes along" from New Kid In Town. I'll post some others when I get more time.

That is my favourite line in my favourite Eagles song, so I can only agree.

GlennLover
09-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Of course there is "It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford slowin' down to take a look at me". One of my all time favourite lines from my all time favourite song! I love the opening chords too, Brooke!

rooster411
09-06-2013, 06:01 PM
"I dont wanna hear it"
Don Henley - New Kid in Town

Glennsallnighter
09-06-2013, 06:23 PM
I have many favourites like those mentioned, and I assume solo songs are allowed too.

One is the way Glenn :heart: growl out 'Somebody' several times in the song of that title. Particularly when I say him sing it live - sent shivers up my spine

Also in AG, 'You can see the stars but still not see the light' as well as the intro to this, and the intro to 'How Long'.

I also love several parts of PEF, the way he sings 'sparkling earrings'. And of course I melt when he sings 'I wanna sleep with you....' etc. I love it!

Freypower
09-06-2013, 06:43 PM
"I dont wanna hear it"
Don Henley - New Kid in Town

That line is sung by Glenn Frey, as is the whole song.

rooster411
09-06-2013, 07:02 PM
That line is sung by Glenn Frey, as is the whole song.

Brain fart.....
Love the growl in his voice in that lyric...
Sounds like Don.

rooster411
09-06-2013, 07:04 PM
"He's the darling of the chic, the flavor of the week"
Waiting in the Weeds
Love how Don takes his voice up a notch in that lyric.

thelastresort
09-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Another of mine is the opening of Out of Control:

'Oh my don't that sky look spacious, with the stars all shining down'

The song itself might be a bit shouty but that's a beautiful line and quite true of what the Old West was like, the baron plains reflected in the sky...

rooster411
09-06-2013, 07:13 PM
"Half the distance takes you twice as long"
Glenn- After the Thrill is Gone

rooster411
09-06-2013, 07:14 PM
"When the bright lights have faded to blue"
:))

thelastresort
09-06-2013, 07:15 PM

Most of ATTIG is worthy of quote, my fave is 'You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends'

Is it true that the only time they ever performed that song live was at Long Beach?

GlennLover
09-06-2013, 11:13 PM

Most of ATTIG is worthy of quote, my fave is 'You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends'

I love both these lines & I agree that most of the song is worthy.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Not any surprise but:

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key".

Words of wisdom right there. ;)

Yes, austin I could not have posted it better myself.:rockguitar:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-07-2013, 09:46 AM
I "absuastinking lootly" love the "what do I do with my heart part"
where Glenn is singing what do I do with my heart and Don is harmonizing with him....sends shivers...

I wanna scream everytime I hear it "I'll tell ya what to do with it...come on over here boys" lol:thud:

chaim
09-08-2013, 05:28 AM
Take the Devil is full of great moments. Glenn's lead break after the first chorus is one of them. (His final solo is awesome; the way he builds it. And the first notes he plays are far from obvious.)

Another one in Take the Devil: Randy's sustained note on the word "mind" that keeps ascending - especially at the end when the chords descend and the vocal keeps ascending.

AND THE WINNER IS.....

....The "FAR beyond the pain" in My Man. When I heard that song for the first time I didn't know anything about chords, but that moment was spine tingling. I assume that it's that surprising chord along with the vocal harmony and the pedal steel melody underneath (!!) that does the trick. Still, when I hear it, it sends shivers down my spine.

Edit:

We have TWO winners. This just came to mind:

New Kid In Town:

"There's so many things you should have told her,
but night after night you're willing to hold her, just hold her
Tears on your shoulder"

The moment from "willing" to "shoulder" is a bliss. I don't mean the lyrics, but the music and lyric together. (And I always tell people that my favourite modulation ever is right there. The modulation is actually part of the composition, so you don't really notice it.

shunlvswx
09-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Edit:

We have TWO winners. This just came to mind:

New Kid In Town:

"There's so many things you should have told her,
but night after night you're willing to hold her, just hold her
Tears on your shoulder"

The moment from "willing" to "shoulder" is a bliss. I don't mean the lyrics, but the music and lyric together. (And I always tell people that my favourite modulation ever is right there. The modulation is actually part of the composition, so you don't really notice it.

I like that part too when it modulates. It modulates a lot in the song. I like when the electric guitar (or is it bass) goes da da da da Where you been lately. da da da There's a new girl in town. Da da da Everybody loves him, don't they. And then it changes key again to end the song. The last verse and the one before it is my favorite. I just love the whole song.

chaim
09-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I like that part too when it modulates. It modulates a lot in the song. I like when the electric guitar (or is it bass) goes da da da da Where you been lately. da da da There's a new girl in town. Da da da Everybody loves him, don't they. And then it changes key again to end the song. The last verse and the one before it is my favorite. I just love the whole song.

I also love that bit where the lyrics go "willing to hold her, just hold her" and the chords go from B major to C sharp minor to F sharp major. It's a divine combination of melody and chords. The word "willing" starts the bliss for me. And when the modulation comes, it's heaven. I've said to people that in my opinion NKIT is the best written pop song ever. It's one of the best written pop songs anyway.
And I love that "da da da" thing too that you mentioned. It wouldn't sound as dramatic in a higher key, but in that key it's just...brilliant.

sodascouts
09-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Oh my gosh, I love that part of NKIT too. It's the most emotionally vulnerable part of the song - Glenn breaks your heart with that vocal, and the variation of the tune accentuates the heightened emotion.

Prettymaid
09-08-2013, 03:58 PM
That 'tears on your shoulder' chord change isn't easy to sing either. To go from 'just hold her' to 'tears' is challenging.

sad-cafe
09-08-2013, 10:27 PM
oh it changes every few days. Love Randy's bass at the end on Midnight flyer

When Don goes Umm Shoes on Those Shoes

Timothy on all his songs

The harmony on Bitter Creek

I could go on and on

thelastresort
05-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Needed somewhere to stick this. It might sound a bit gushing but it's all true for me:

The studio version of TIE has never been my favourite song by the guys (I looooooove it live however), however there's always been one line in it I've adored and I can now say (after hours of listening to others) it is my favourite song lyric ever...

Well I'm standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona, and such a fine sight to see:
It's a girl my lord in a flatbed Ford slowin' down to take a look at me

It's not the greatest line ever written but it's one of very few I'll ever rewind and play over and over again. To think half of that was one of, if not the, first Eagles line Glenn ever penned is amazing. I also love the way that since 1972 Glenn has nearly always looked at Randy / Tim and vice versa whilst singing it.
Such is its impact on me that to stand on that corner in Winslow, Arizona is the only thing on my bucket list. That may sound odd, but in all honesty that's how much that line means to me.

randysgirl
05-21-2014, 11:43 PM
You are not the only one who likes that line. TIE is my go to song if I am in an Eagles mood. You are right that the live version seems better. That and HC. I love the "Winslow Arizona" line. It is pure Eagles and so interesting that I found out last year after watching HOTE exactly how it came to be written.

MaryCalifornia
05-22-2014, 12:10 AM
I always liked those lines, even when I was little, I guess it's just good songwriting, along with the other songs on Their Greatest Hits, and that's why the album was so successful - I think those two lines have a lot to do with it. I love Glenn's voice when he sings it, with that twang, and I wish I had some headphones or something where I could hear Timothy's voice separately, his voice sounds so strong and great from what I can hear when it blends with Glenn's and I think he sings with a twang, too.

The other line that always stood out to me is "and then you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself." I was always like, "yeah!!" So great. [I listened to that song for decades and never knew who was singing it. I just knew it was the Eagles, and was always confused by who was in the band :confused:]

Victim of Love
05-22-2014, 12:55 AM
I will be with you everywhere you go,
In gentle breezes that caress you skin,
And you will see me in the silent snow,
In everything that comes around again.
...Center of the Universe

But all the knowledge in the world is of no use to fools.
...Long Road Out of Eden - I love the depth of that lyric and Don's delivery.

05-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Wow - I would probably cover about 90% of all Eagles songs if I listed all of my favorite snippets, but I'll restrain myself. :wink: For now, another favorite is from the last lines in Wasted Time ...

"So you can get on with your search, baby and I can get on with mine ... And maybe someday we will find that it wasn't really wasted time."

zeldabjr
05-24-2014, 11:44 PM
I love the intro to OOTN...and the line "we're gonna find out pretty mama what turns on your lights"...wow...that gets me...

VAisForEagleLovers
05-24-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm with ya on that one, Z.

Another favorite is from After The Thrill is Gone:
Same dances in the same old shoes
You get too careful with the steps you choose
You don't care about winning but you don't want to lose

I was in a relationship like that and it was definitely Wasted Time. I've found that when I'm doing anything or with someone and I start singing those lines for no reason, it's a big clue. Not to mention, I think it sums up my Penguins run at the playoffs this season! They didn't play to win, they played to not lose. So of course they did.

zeldabjr
05-25-2014, 01:37 AM
I'm with ya on that one, Z.

Another favorite is from After The Thrill is Gone:
Same dances in the same old shoes
You get too careful with the steps you choose
You don't care about winning but you don't want to lose

I was in a relationship like that and it was definitely Wasted Time. I've found that when I'm doing anything or with someone and I start singing those lines for no reason, it's a big clue. Not to mention, I think it sums up my Penguins run at the playoffs this season! They didn't play to win, they played to not lose. So of course they did.

our whole Sabres season was "Wasted Time"...and by the end...I was saying "I Don't Want To Hear Anymore"...ha

Jonny Come Lately
01-26-2015, 06:16 PM
I've been thinking for about some of my favourite Eagles musical snippets and I've come up with twenty-five personal favourites across five distinct categories, with five for each:

Guitar solos
- The end of Hotel California where Don and Joe are soloing together after playing their separate parts.
- The second guitar solo of Take The Devil, I love the moment where it really takes off, I don't understand enough to describe this accurately musically unfortunately.
- The intro solo for James Dean, it bursts out of the blocks and is just a great guitar sound.
- The short but perfectly formed solo on PMAIAR, exactly what the song needed. I wouldn't change anything about it (although if playing on my iPod I often repeat it).
- The beginning of the final ICTYW solo, I love the licks that Glenn plays there.

Musical (not guitar solos)
- The opening guitar chords of Take It Easy. When I first heard this I knew a great song was about to start.
- Randy's bass playing during the middle section of Too Many Hands after the second chorus.
- The keyboard part that appears on the third verse of Good Day In Hell, I have never seen this discussed but I think it adds a lot to the song and adds to its raucousness.
- The rhythm section in the intro to Those Shoes, both the bass and drums are essential to that song and they are highlighted at the start.
- The electric guitar part in The Sad Café during the 'glory train' verse - I notice that Joe has a writing credit for this song, was it for this? If so, please thank him, it's great and captures the nostalgic feel of the song.

Lead vocals
- Don Henley's singing of 'He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude' in LITFL, especially the way he sings the word cruel which is one of my favourite inflections in any song.
- Glenn singing 'You bought it sight unseen' for the second time in James Dean, I really like it when sings in that style and that one stands out to me.
- The entire coda of Take It To The Limit, Randy's vocal performance is incredible there.
- Don's singing on the intro to the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise), it really sets the scene for the Desperado album closer.
- Bernie's lead vocal on the choruses of My Man - he has help from the others, but his voice stands out as it should given that it is his personal tribute (I believe it's to Gram Parsons but am aware that it could be someone else).

Harmony or backing vocals
- Randy singing the Winslow Arizona line in Take It Easy (technically that's a co-lead... oh well, it had to make my list).
- The harmony vocals on Earlybird, especially prior to where the bridge starts. The vocals remind me of The Beach Boys although I prefer the song to much of the Beach Boys' output.
- During the final verse of The Last Resort when all of the band members come in on harmony.
- The chorus of Ol' 55, which really highlights the superb harmonies of the original four members.
- The moment in Seven Bridges Road where they sing the song's title for the first time. The vocals are great throughout but the way the sing that part is wonderful.

Lyrics
- 'Well the towns lay out across the dusty plains, like graveyards filled with tombstones waiting for the names' from Doolin-Dalton, a very evocative description of the Old West.
- The 'I've been searching for the daughter of the devil himself' verse of OOTN.
- The 'You can leave it all behind and sail to Lahaina' part of The Last Resort. I love all of the lyrics to this song and could honestly pick any lyrics from it but this section is a favourite.
- 'They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along' from NKIT, summing up the song's main point while holding extremely true in many walks of life.
- 'You think time is just a magazine' from BBF, I really must use or adapt that one when the chance arises. :p

These aren't the only ones I could have come up with but I do really like all of the moments (or longer) that I've mentioned. I notice that The Last Resort and Doolin-Dalton and the Reprise have come up more than once, I absolutely love these songs and they come from my two favourite Eagles albums so maybe this isn't surprising.

DJ
01-26-2015, 07:00 PM
I've been thinking for about some of my favourite Eagles musical snippets and I've come up with twenty-five personal favourites across five distinct categories, with five for each:

Guitar solos
- The end of Hotel California where Don and Joe are soloing together after playing their separate parts.
- The second guitar solo of Take The Devil, I love the moment where it really takes off, I don't understand enough to describe this accurately musically unfortunately.
- The intro solo for James Dean, it bursts out of the blocks and is just a great guitar sound.
- The short but perfectly formed solo on PMAIAR, exactly what the song needed. I wouldn't change anything about it (although if playing on my iPod I often repeat it).
- The beginning of the final ICTYW solo, I love the licks that Glenn plays there.

Musical (not guitar solos)
- The opening guitar chords of Take It Easy. When I first heard this I knew a great song was about to start.
- Randy's bass playing during the middle section of Too Many Hands after the second chorus.
- The keyboard part that appears on the third verse of Good Day In Hell, I have never seen this discussed but I think it adds a lot to the song and adds to its raucousness.
- The rhythm section in the intro to Those Shoes, both the bass and drums are essential to that song and they are highlighted at the start.
- The electric guitar part in The Sad Café during the 'glory train' verse - I notice that Joe has a writing credit for this song, was it for this? If so, please thank him, it's great and captures the nostalgic feel of the song.

Lead vocals
- Don Henley's singing of 'He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude' in LITFL, especially the way he sings the word cruel which is one of my favourite inflections in any song.
- Glenn singing 'You bought it sight unseen' for the second time in James Dean, I really like it when sings in that style and that one stands out to me.
- The entire coda of Take It To The Limit, Randy's vocal performance is incredible there.
- Don's singing on the intro to the Doolin-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise), it really sets the scene for the Desperado album closer.
- Bernie's lead vocal on the choruses of My Man - he has help from the others, but his voice stands out as it should given that it is his personal tribute (I believe it's to Gram Parsons but am aware that it could be someone else).

Harmony or backing vocals
- Randy singing the Winslow Arizona line in Take It Easy (technically that's a co-lead... oh well, it had to make my list).
- The harmony vocals on Earlybird, especially prior to where the bridge starts. The vocals remind me of The Beach Boys although I prefer the song to much of the Beach Boys' output.
- During the final verse of The Last Resort when all of the band members come in on harmony.
- The chorus of Ol' 55, which really highlights the superb harmonies of the original four members.
- The moment in Seven Bridges Road where they sing the song's title for the first time. The vocals are great throughout but the way the sing that part is wonderful.

Lyrics
- 'Well the towns lay out across the dusty plains, like graveyards filled with tombstones waiting for the names' from Doolin-Dalton, a very evocative description of the Old West.
- The 'I've been searching for the daughter of the devil himself' verse of OOTN.
- The 'You can leave it all behind and sail to Lahaina' part of The Last Resort. I love all of the lyrics to this song and could honestly pick any lyrics from it but this section is a favourite.
- 'They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along' from NKIT, summing up the song's main point while holding extremely true in many walks of life.
- 'You think time is just a magazine' from BBF, I really must use or adapt that one when the chance arises. :p

These aren't the only ones I could have come up with but I do really like all of the moments (or longer) that I've mentioned. I notice that The Last Resort and Doolin-Dalton and the Reprise have come up more than once, I absolutely love these songs and they come from my two favourite Eagles albums so maybe this isn't surprising.

I agree with you on a lot of these! My favorite is
I've Been Shadows Of Myself, How Was I To Know (Most of us are sad) Randy just sounds so beautiful and soulful! Gets me everytime. :inlove:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-27-2015, 11:39 PM
This is interesting and will need to give it more thought. However, I'll say the intro to OOTN is one of my favorites.

Like Jonny, I like the opening chords to TIE, they always make me smile. I'm smiling now just thinking of them.

For harmony, there's so many... The 'maybe tomorrow' on DD/D Reprise is fantastic (especially live in this last tour). As Jonny said, the first time they sing the words Seven Bridges Road in the song gives me chillbumps. I like the harmonies in Waiting In The Weeds, and I like the harmonies in Lyin' Eyes.

Lyrics, there are so many again. In Don's The Heart of The Matter, I like 'You better put it all behind you, baby, 'Cause life goes on, You keep carrying that anger, It'll eat you up inside'. In After The Thrill Is Gone, I like 'Same dances in the same old shoes, you get too careful with the steps you choose. You don't care about winning, but you don't want to lose.' That is just an awesome observation on so many things in life. I like the same line that Jonny mentioned in OOTN. Also, a line I say to myself several times a day when watching TV or reading Facebook posts, 'I'd like to find your inner child and kick its little ass, Get Over It'. One of my favorites is from No More Cloudy Days. 'I believe in second chances, I believe in angels, too.'

SoaringRockyMountainWay
01-28-2015, 07:42 PM
For me the beginning of Hotel California with the bass and the ending with the guitar harmony is just perfect. As soon as I hear the first chords of the song I get into what I call my "zone". I immediately block out any other noise besides Hotel California and just jam. :grooving:

And some words that always lift me up are: "People talking about us, they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down, we will still come through in the long run." :inlove:

Brooke
01-29-2015, 11:24 AM
My first thought is the opening of Take It Easy and then the opening of Hotel California. TIE always brings a smile. It's just a feel good song! HC puts me in a mysterious mood and I can just feel the wind in my hair! <shiver>

There are tons of lyrics snippets that I love. That will require more time than I have right now.

02-01-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm going to stick to music here because if I started talking about lyrics, I wouldn't even know where to begin (or end for that matter). :wink:

Just to name a few pieces of music, I have to include the intros to Take It Easy and Hotel California. Even though they are perhaps the most obvious, they still rock my world. I would also include the intros to Heartache Tonight, Life In the Fast Lane, and How Long. I also love I Dreamed There Was No War. And last, but not least, probably my favorite piece of music ever - the incomparable Hotel California dueling guitar outro! :bow:

Funk 50
02-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Well where do you start?

Favourite Intros - Lying Eyes, Desperado (apparently composed by Randy), King Of Hollywood (Tim & Don Rhythm section), Victim Of Love

Favourite Outros - Hollywood Waltz (Don's drums), King Of Hollywood & Life In The Fast Lane (Joe's Guitar), Pretty Maids All In A Row & Try And Love Again (the harmonies), Take It To The Limit (One More Time)

Fave Opening Line - One Of These Nights, Desperado, Pretty Maids All In A Row "Hi there How are Ya?" (Don't understand why sometimes, during solo performances, Joe omits the opening line), Get Over It "Turn on the tube and what do I see..., Fast Company "Hey Where're You Goin'?", Witchy Woman "Raven hair and ruby lips " ...

Fave Last Lines - My Man "We who must remain, go on laughing just the same", I Wish You Peace " I wish you the strength to let love grow", Hotel California "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave",...

Fave Chorus - Already Gone, Ol' 55, Outlaw Man. Try And Love Again, Lying Eyes, Fast Company, Heartache Tonight, Good Day In Hell

Fave Harmonies - Try And Love Again, Ol' 55, Victim Of Love, Take It To The Limit, Desperado, Pretty Maids All In A Row, King Of Hollywood, Victim Of Love, Wasted Time,

Fave Slide Guitar - Somebody, Guilty Of The Crime, Journey Of The Sorcerer, Midnight Flyer, The Long Run, Victim Of Love

There are still firm favourites that remain unmentioned!

Olivia
02-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Love the openings of One of These Nights and Hotel California.

DJ
02-09-2015, 12:28 AM
I also love the guitar intro to Already Gone!