PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at the LA Forum Jan. 22, 24, and 25

sodascouts
09-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Eagles just posted this on Facebook:

"Due to overwhelming fan demand, three final “History of the Eagles”concerts at the reinvented Forum have been added on Jan 22, 24, and 25 and tickets go on sale to the public beginning Sat, Oct 12 at 10 AM. American Express® Cardmembers can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Mon, Oct 7 at 10AM."

I'm making a new thread for them to be sure people don't miss them!

Prettymaid
09-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Aha!

Henley Honey
09-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Eagles just posted this on Facebook:

"Due to overwhelming fan demand, three final “History of the Eagles”concerts at the reinvented Forum have been added on Jan 22, 24, and 25 and tickets go on sale to the public beginning Sat, Oct 12 at 10 AM. American Express® Cardmembers can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Mon, Oct 7 at 10AM."

I'm making a new thread for them to be sure people don't miss them!

Wow Wow Wow. Now the question is, will they do VIP seats for these shows or will it be a crap shoot with general sale??? Very Excited!!!!!

carol7lynn
10-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Not one bit surprised. Figured it would happen as they did the same thing when they opened the Nokia.

Probably won't have VIP. But the good news is the prices on the plat seats should adjust downward now that there will be 3 new shows.

Dust off your AMEX cards ladies! Oct. 7th is a holiday so no need to call off work! Love It!

Carol-Lynn

timfan
10-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Well it's only wishful thinking but LA and the Eagles on my birthday!! Now that'd be a present!:thud:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Not one bit surprised. Figured it would happen as they did the same thing when they opened the Nokia.

Probably won't have VIP. But the good news is the prices on the plat seats should adjust downward now that there will be 3 new shows.

Dust off your AMEX cards ladies! Oct. 7th is a holiday so no need to call off work! Love It!

Carol-Lynn

Unfortunately for me, my holiday isn't until Oct. 14

secret squirrel
10-01-2013, 11:28 AM

Carol-Lynn

Here's a short piece that confirms there'll be no fan invitation event for these extra shows:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-eagles-forum-added-shows-inglewood-20130930,0,2262119.story

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

Ive always been a dreamer
10-01-2013, 01:30 PM
It's great that the L.A. market is so lucrative for the guys and I'm very grateful that they did at least one fan invitation show. At this point, I may just end up going to the one show on the 15th unless I can get a decent ticket for the Friday (1/17) show. Definitely don't think I'll be staying over for these shows.

Brooke
10-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Dang, I wish I was 2 1/2 years older so I could get in to my retirement money! I would go to LA and an Eagles show!

Is that crazy to wish I were older? :lol:

Glennsallnighter
10-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Not at all Brooke!

carol7lynn
10-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Dang, I wish I was 2 1/2 years older so I could get in to my retirement money! I would go to LA and an Eagles show!

Is that crazy to wish I were older? :lol:

I actually came out of retirement this school year and started subbing so that I could afford to go to hopefully most if not all of their Forum shows. LOL! :rofl:
:rofl::rofl:

Carol-Lynn

Wildthyme
10-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Now I am going to have to try again...only I don't have an AMEX card so I will have to wait until the general sale *keeping my fingers crossed*.

GlennLover
10-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Good luck, Cami!

Prettymaid
10-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Yes Cami, good luck to you!

sodascouts
10-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Hoping for the best for you!

carol7lynn
10-07-2013, 01:42 PM
AMEX Pre-sale was pretty much garbage. Same seats as the previous week's pre-sale. Sections A and E and one in section B but it was to the far left-seat 1 row 11. Not good enough to waste almost $300 bucks on. Will wait.

Carol-Lynn

sodascouts
10-07-2013, 04:06 PM
I wondered if they'd be any better for these... I guess we'll see with the general sale.

Wildthyme
10-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Yes, the tickets today were not worth the money... which is better for me since I don't have an AMEX :) Let's hope I can find wifi near the farmer's market in Portland next Saturday and that Rhonda understands when I disappear for a bit :lol:

Prettymaid
10-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Ticky will definitely understand.

Prettymaid
10-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Maybe this photo would help... sorry, you have to scroll down and then through the before/after pictures for one of the interior bowl.

http://www.fabulousforum.com/#&panel1-6&panel2-5

carol7lynn
10-09-2013, 07:58 AM
For the January 25 Saturday night show - section B, row 3, seats 15 & 16 for $995 - too much? Do you think seats 15 & 16 would be more towards section C than section A - more towards center stage? Do we know how many seats are in a row? These are in the Official Platinum offerings. I would jump all over them for $700, especially if they were on the aisle - has anyone seen seats with higher numbers than 16? In the big picture, and considering it's the only time I will see the Eagles live, what's another $300? (well, a lot). These seem like great seats, though. Let me know what you all think. For that money, I will have to make a full weekend of it! edit: Just decided it would be foolish to plunk down that kind of money without knowing EXACTLY where the seats are located.

Sections B-D all have 16 seats per row and are numbered left to right. Seats 15 & 16 in Section B would be the aisle seats next to Section C. Center stage would be Section C seat 8 from my calculations-but I could be wrong.

In Sections A and E the first x number of rows have less than 16 seats per row and I would not buy any seat in those two sections including the front row because both sections are too off-sides for my tastes but I can be choosey as I live in L.A. and can wait for last minute ticket drops.

Carol-Lynn

Okieeaglesfan
10-12-2013, 09:30 AM
OK...my husband and I went to our first live Eagles concert in Tulsa and of course we loved it.

So on the way home we decided to try to go to another one...in Los Angeles!

I just bought tickets from Ticketmaster in section D, row 4, seats 15-16..$465 a piece.

Am I going to be super disappointed because we are too far to the "corner" of the floor?

I just want to be close enough to see them this time!

carol7lynn
10-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Today's on-sale was a bust for all 3 shows. Left overs from the AMEX pre-sale which were garbage.

Will have to wait for ticket drops. I should be grateful I got two great seats for the first week-and I am. But I had hoped for better for the second week especially for Wednesday night the 22nd-Section A row 7. Forget that!

Carol-Lynn

Prettymaid
10-12-2013, 03:34 PM
OK...my husband and I went to our first live Eagles concert in Tulsa and of course we loved it.

I just bought tickets from Ticketmaster in section D, row 4, seats 15-16..$465 a piece.

Am I going to be super disappointed because we are too far to the "corner" of the floor?

Welcome OEF! So glad you enjoyed your show and have a blast in LA! (Sorry I can't help you with your question about seats.)

MaryCalifornia
10-12-2013, 04:55 PM

Congrats OEF! I think you'll be just fine. You are going to be off to Steuart's side, but from what I can tell so far, I think it is going to be a pretty intimate space, and, keep in mind, the stage and seats aren't even built yet. The dimensions of the stage on the diagram aren't to scale - the stage could extend farther to the sides in both directions. You are going to be super close to the guys, not front row-close, but close. Don't worry that you'll be looking to your left, and don't let that diagram get you down - there is even an entire other section to your right. Just spend the next few months telling all of your friends that you have 4th row Eagles tickets!!!

sodascouts
10-12-2013, 05:39 PM
I don't know if I'd call the forum "intimate" but I agree those are good seats. I'll be there, too, but the week prior.

MaryCalifornia
10-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Yeah, no the Forum is definitely an arena! I meant up where she will be, I understand they are building it with the plush red velvet seats specifically for concerts, so I think those few first rows will be nice and close to the stage, not close like at a club or anything, but definitely placed for best concert viewing - 4th row should feel nice and close, not like they just stuck a stage at one end of a basketball arena and set up some chairs.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Welcome from me too, Oef. Sounds like you got hooked after the Tulsa show. Don't worry though - it's happened to many of us around here! And congratulations ... sounds like you got some pretty decent seats for the L.A. show! :thumbsup:

Okieeaglesfan
10-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the input!

I was kind of panicking that I spent $930 on tickets without really knowing if they were good seats!

But I will definitely be telling everyone that I am going to LA to see The Eagles!!!

Seeing them live was on my bucket list and we just had such a good time and we figured...why not go to LA?

sodascouts
10-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Makes perfect sense to me!

MaryCalifornia
10-17-2013, 12:59 AM
Thank you SM!

Admin/Moderators - Now that people are getting their tix for the LA shows, can we separate the nights into their own threads? Or is it too soon/too high maintenance?

sodascouts
10-19-2013, 05:08 PM
It's a bit messy to do that after they've all been talked about together like this. Still, I can see the virtue of separating them when it comes to sorting out who's going to which show. I'll try it.

sodascouts
10-19-2013, 05:24 PM

Okie - what night are you going?