Tickets go on sale: Saturday 9/28/13 10:00 AM PDT

Amex Presale: Sunday 9/22/13 10 AM PDT thru Friday 9/27/13 10 PM PDT

No info on other shows yet!

Glennsallnighter
09-17-2013, 02:32 PM
I got that alert too! But sadly, not a hope

Henley Honey
09-17-2013, 04:49 PM
To fans, yes. But by posting the link, you make if available to the world!!!
That makes it that much harder for fans to get the tickets rather than brokers! That's why GA and I didn't post the link!

GlennLover
09-17-2013, 04:58 PM
So sorry!! I deleted my post. Please delete the quote of my post in yours. Again soo sorry!!! Wasn't thinking. :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

Henley Honey
09-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Done. No worries! I just think we are helping the scalpers rather than the fans if we post the link. We can always give it to any interested Border member via private message. I'd rather lose a good floor seat to a real fan than to a ticket broker! Don't sweat it, GL.

FreeBirdForever
09-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Would love to go, but I know theres no way I could afford it at this point. BAH!

MaryCalifornia
09-17-2013, 10:51 PM
I am worried that good tix to the LA shows are going to be so tough...all of the Jackson Brownes and Jack Nicholsons, etc...are going to want to go. The new Forum, the documentary, so much press and PR...tough ticket.

I got the e-mail and entered my name, but I can only swing one night, and the 15th isn't the night I want to go - I want to go on Saturday the 18th. If anyone on here wants the 15th and entered their names but doesn't get selected, and I do get selected, I will get them for you! (have I offered something illegal here? I hope not, not trying to scam the system or scalp tix or anything...)

VAisForEagleLovers
09-18-2013, 07:51 AM
MC it's not illegal but I wonder how they will keep people from using the invitation more than once or sharing with others and using it themselves. Ticketmaster can barely handle regular ticket sales. It can't handle unique codes for individuals. It will be interesting to see how it works.

Wildthyme
09-18-2013, 09:11 AM
I was hoping they would wait until October to start selling tickets - not sure I can come up with the money right now - but I am going to try!

carol7lynn
09-18-2013, 07:18 PM
I am worried that good tix to the LA shows are going to be so tough...all of the Jackson Brownes and Jack Nicholsons, etc...are going to want to go. The new Forum, the documentary, so much press and PR...tough ticket.

I got the e-mail and entered my name, but I can only swing one night, and the 15th isn't the night I want to go - I want to go on Saturday the 18th. If anyone on here wants the 15th and entered their names but doesn't get selected, and I do get selected, I will get them for you! (have I offered something illegal here? I hope not, not trying to scam the system or scalp tix or anything...)

What link is everyone talking about? Invitations? I'm totally in the dark.

Carol-Lynn

Woodstock
09-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Let me get this straight....so if you are selected to get tix on Friday, you can only get tickets for the Jan 15th show? Or can you choose which of the 3 days you'd like? I can only go on the 18th....say it ain't so. Something tells me good seats are going to be so hard to get. Just looked at a broker site and rows 1-9 on the floor are $6,383.00!!!! WTF:stunned:

carol7lynn
09-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Oh, never mind.

The link was posted in the L.A. Times it turns out. Dumb me.

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
09-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Let me get this straight....so if you are selected to get tix on Friday, you can only get tickets for the Jan 15th show? Or can you choose which of the 3 days you'd like? I can only go on the 18th....say it ain't so. Something tells me good seats are going to be so hard to get. Just looked at a broker site and rows 1-9 on the floor are $6,383.00!!!! WTF:stunned:

The confirmation of registration page says January 15th when you submit your request. But things could change. I sent them an email asking about pricing, etc.

It says some of the "best tickets" so we will see.

Good Luck to Every Border-Babe!:blueblob:

Carol-Lynn

VAisForEagleLovers
09-18-2013, 08:03 PM
They sent emails to those on their mailing list and dropped it to NewsFeeds of those who 'like' them on Facebook. I'm sure it's on their website, but I haven't looked.

Houston Baby
09-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Yes - it is on the Eagles website.

sodascouts
09-18-2013, 08:16 PM
MC it's not illegal but I wonder how they will keep people from using the invitation more than once or sharing with others and using it themselves. Ticketmaster can barely handle regular ticket sales. It can't handle unique codes for individuals. It will be interesting to see how it works.

You had to enter your name and birthdate when registering. I imagine that if you win the opportunity to buy, you will have to show your ID and the credit card you used to purchase the ticket at will call, and the tickets would be non-transferable (You can only buy two). It's very similar to VIP ticketing. TM actually does "paperless ticketing" more and more nowadays to try and cut down on scalping.

Of course, the scalpers still have their ways as has unfortunately already been demonstrated, but at least these particular tickets will most likely reach their intended market of the fans. This is especially true since it is limited to the least desirable date: Wednesday as opposed to the weekend. Scalpers would be less interested, as would all the industry people, celebrities, family and friends getting comps.

It doesn't look like there will be VIP tickets this time; although VIP Nation did not respond to my query about it on Twitter, there is no listing on their site and they typically sell a week before the general sale, which is in just a few days.

I predict getting good tickets at a reasonable price for any of these shows - but especially the Saturday one I want to attend - will be next to impossible.

MaryCalifornia
09-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Agreed. If I do turn out to be one of the "chosen ones" for Wed. night, I think I better take those tickets and thank my lucky stars - Wed. is much easier for me than for the out of town folks - I just wanted to be with Sooooddddaa on Saturday!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-18-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm undecided on whether or not I want to go to LA at all, and the Wednesday show is inconvenient for me (or so says my boss). I entered the thing, though, because a good seat at a regular price would make it worth it. Otherwise, I'll just have to have quick fingers for the weekend show(s), if I decide to go at all.

Henley Honey
09-18-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm not undecided -- I'm going. If I'm lucky enough to get "fan" tickets for Wednesday, great. If not, I'll have to shoot for Friday and Saturday.
Fingers crossed for everyone!

carol7lynn
09-19-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm not undecided -- I'm going. If I'm lucky enough to get "fan" tickets for Wednesday, great. If not, I'll have to shoot for Friday and Saturday.
Fingers crossed for everyone!

Me either. I'm going to all 3!:yay: May even spring for a front row VIP tix even though I swore I'd never do it again. Don't mind eating crow to see TimmyB up close and personal. That is unless they add more shows like they did when they played the Nokia back in 2007. If that happens I'll have to settle for the best of what I can get just so I can go to every show!

Wish they didn't make us wait until Friday morning to see who wins the lottery though.:fainted:

Carol-Lynn

Houston Baby
09-19-2013, 09:22 AM
I know. The suspense is killing me!!

I am also definitely in for Friday and Saturday and hopefully Wednesday. I would have to change flights but at least SW does not charge for changes.

carol7lynn
09-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Ticketmaster has the shows listed now.

Presale for Wednesday's show starts at noon.
Although Friday and Saturday shows are not supposedly having a pre-sale tomorrow I did note that there is a note about how many Invitation only tickets you can buy-for what that may be worth.

IMPORTANT NOTE ON CREDIT CARD ENTRY TICKETS:

Tickets:

SELECT LOCATIONS are electronic Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry Tickets ONLY. Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE. ORIGINAL TICKET PURCHASER MUST ATTEND THE EVENT. At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND VALID PHOTO ID. Name on credit card must match photo ID. Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time. For more details on Ticketmaster's Credit Card Entry ticketing go (http://www.ticketmaster.com/paperless)
to:» (http://www.ticketmaster.com/paperless)

Prices range:

US $34.50 - US $245.00 US $34.50 Ticket + US $18.80 Fees =
US $53.30 US $245.00 Ticket + US $33.10 Fees =
US $278.10

Carol-Lynn

Freypower
09-19-2013, 08:29 PM
I have just realised there are two separate threads about these shows so perhaps they can be merged.

Glennsallnighter
09-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Ticketmaster has the shows listed now.

Presale for Wednesday's show starts at noon.
Although Friday and Saturday shows are not supposedly having a pre-sale tomorrow I did note that there is a note about how many Invitation only tickets you can buy-for what that may be worth.

IMPORTANT NOTE ON CREDIT CARD ENTRY TICKETS:

Tickets:

SELECT LOCATIONS are electronic Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry Tickets ONLY. Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE. ORIGINAL TICKET PURCHASER MUST ATTEND THE EVENT. At ENTRY you must provide the CREDIT CARD USED TO PURCHASE AND VALID PHOTO ID. Name on credit card must match photo ID. Entire party MUST enter the venue at the same time. For more details on Ticketmaster's Credit Card Entry ticketing go (http://www.ticketmaster.com/paperless)
to:» (http://www.ticketmaster.com/paperless)

Prices range:

US $34.50 - US $245.00 US $34.50 Ticket + US $18.80 Fees =
US $53.30 US $245.00 Ticket + US $33.10 Fees =
US $278.10

Carol-Lynn

They are doing this here too at 'important' and fully booked out gigs. It started about 3 years ago with Justin Bieber who played in March. Tix had been released in November/December and many parents and grandparents had bought tix as Christmas presents for the teenages in their lives but did not intend going themselves. They got a text the day of the gig saying to make sure to attend. It caused absolute pandemonium!

MaryCalifornia
09-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Got it. So, I have to rescind my offer to help someone on here with the Wed. night tix, if I were selected. If I buy the ticket with my credit card, I have to go. I guess I don't have to worry about any of this, since I haven't been chosen! Will we know later today????

That is awful about the Justin Bieber tickets - I guarantee that 90% of the people who purchased those were not the intended attendees...

carol7lynn
09-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Got it. So, I have to rescind my offer to help someone on here with the Wed. night tix, if I were selected. If I buy the ticket with my credit card, I have to go. I guess I don't have to worry about any of this, since I haven't been chosen! Will we know later today????

That is awful about the Justin Bieber tickets - I guarantee that 90% of the people who purchased those were not the intended attendees...

So far no email either. Maybe they are waiting until just before the pre-sale starts-sometime between 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. No one has posted getting the invitation e-mail yet on their Facebook page. Good news I guess.

Carol-Lynn

Wildthyme
09-20-2013, 01:17 PM
So did anyone get the magic email? I know I didn't :sigh:

Houston Baby
09-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Me neither!:weep:

carol7lynn
09-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Still nothing. 40 minutes until the pre-sale.:shrug: I'm freaking!:steviesmack:

Carol-Lynn

Woodstock
09-20-2013, 02:45 PM
15 minutes to go....guess I'll go into work on time after all!!

carol7lynn
09-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Best case scenario-everyone gets a shot at noon!

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
09-20-2013, 03:11 PM
No e-mail. Facebook no info. Sale started. Biting nails.

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
09-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Got mine!

Center Center C
Row 2
Seat 16-right in front of TimmieB!

There is a God!:headbang:

:bye: Here is a tip in case you haven't gotten your code yet.
If you copy and paste your code hit enter if it just sits there.
Luckily when I first tried I did not copy/paste. I entered my code letter by letter.

The only thing I'm worried about is the price is not the top price listed. They either gave us a break or they might put a pit in front of us. Hope not.

Carol-Lynn

Henley Honey
09-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Got mine!

Center Center C
Row 2
Seat 16-right in front of TimmieB!

There is a God!:headbang:

Carol-Lynn

Got mine too!!!!
Center Section C
Row 4 Seat 1 and 2

I think 16 is in front of Joe not Tim. Check the seating map. I'm willing to switch I love Tim, but prefer Joe!!!

OMG my hands are still shaking!!!

My worst nightmare came true -- the batteries in my wireless mouse stopped working mid-order. I was in a panic!!!! Got it done, though.
The head rush was no fun!!!

carol7lynn
09-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Got mine too!!!!
Center Section C
Row 4 Seat 1 and 2

I think 16 is in front of Joe not Tim. Check the seating map. I'm willing to switch I love Tim, but prefer Joe!!!

OMG my hands are still shaking!!!

My worst nightmare came true -- the batteries in my wireless mouse stopped working mid-order. I was in a panic!!!! Got it done, though.
The head rush was no fun!!!

You are right!
No I'm fine with Joe too. Timmy usually ends up over there at one point so all is well!

Still wondering why they were so cheap.

Carol-Lynn

sodascouts
09-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Get this, guys. I was at work, checking my emails between classes, nothing. A kindly elderly colleague asked me to lunch and, figuring I would've gotten the invite by then if I were going to get it and not wanting to hurt her feelings, I accepted. Afterwards, I got on 78 to drive back to Memphis. At this point, the pre-sale had started already, but no invite for me. I'm on the highway cruising along when I get an email alert on my smartphone. Now, I typically don't do this, but I quickly glanced at it to see what it was - the invite! Only I was 10 miles from an exit! To make it worse, I'd gotten it at 2:17, 17 minutes after the presale started!

As soon as I got to an exit I hit the nearest McDonald's hoping for some free wifi (thank God they had it) but by the time I got the computer running at a table and got onto the site, it was 2:40! I thought for sure whatever I could get would suck, but no! I got 9th row Section C, seats 9-10! Not bad for getting in forty freaking minutes late! I took it!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henley Honey
09-20-2013, 03:54 PM
You are right!
No I'm fine with Joe too. Timmy usually ends up over there at one point so all is well!

Still wondering why they were so cheap.

Carol-Lynn

They are the regular price for floor seats, just not as much as VIP seats usually cost (895 or 625). See you there!

Henley Honey
09-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Get this, guys. I was at work, checking my emails between classes, nothing. A kindly elderly colleague asked me to lunch and, figuring I would've gotten the invite by then if I were going to get it and not wanting to hurt her feelings, I accepted. Afterwards, I got on 78 to drive back to Memphis. At this point, the pre-sale had started already, but no invite for me. I'm on the highway cruising along when I get an email alert on my smartphone. Now, I typically don't do this, but I quickly glanced at it to see what it was - the invite! Only I was 10 miles from an exit! To make it worse, I'd gotten it at 2:17, 17 minutes after the presale started!

As soon as I got to an exit I hit the nearest McDonald's hoping for some free wifi (thank God they had it) but by the time I got the computer running at a table and got onto the site, it was 2:40! I thought for sure whatever I could get would suck, but no! I got 9th row Section C, seats 9-10! Not bad for getting in forty freaking minutes late! I took it!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCELLENT!!!!!! See -- a kind gesture is always rewarded!!! Now go find that old lady and tell her she's your lucky charm!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Okay - I'm in ... got Section B, Row 3, Seats 3 & 4. Happy! Happy! Happy!

carol7lynn
09-20-2013, 04:11 PM
They are the regular price for floor seats, just not as much as VIP seats usually cost (895 or 625). See you there!

Not talking about VIP tickets.

It seems the $278.10 tickets are lower level seats. Still good singles left. Row 3 section B-near inside aisle.

Carol-Lynn

Henley Honey
09-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Okay - I'm in ... got Section B, Row 3, Seats 3 & 4. Happy! Happy! Happy!

Excellent work, Dreamer!!! I'm so EXCITED!!! Can you imagine how much fun it'll be with hardcore fans all over the place? It's gonna be nuts.

Wildthyme
09-20-2013, 06:39 PM
I never got an email...:( Glad you all scored some great seats!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-20-2013, 07:10 PM
I didn't, either! :sad:

Woodstock
09-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Neither did I:jealous: Gonna try my luck with the amex presale Sun. I need tix for Sat. anyways. Congratulations to everyone who got amazing seats. For once the hardcore fans got fantastic seats without paying an arm and a leg!! It's kinda cool that they did this today.

Henley Honey
09-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Neither did I:jealous: Gonna try my luck with the amex presale Sun. I need tix for Sat. anyways. Congratulations to everyone who got amazing seats. For once the hardcore fans got fantastic seats without paying an arm and a leg!! It's kinda cool that they did this today.

It really is kinda cool of them. They could have gone for the "cash out" and stuck with just the VIP packages for the good floor seats, but I'm so thrilled that they are giving us all a chance for great seats at a reasonable price. I hope you do well with the amex presale! Fingers crossed for you. :bye:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-20-2013, 07:44 PM
If only the airlines were so reasonable... $494 and the times range from nearly 7 hours travel time up to 15 hours travel time. Finding the right flight could take some time!

Houston Baby
09-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Congratulations everyone!! Y'all got some amazing seats & it will be another Border Babes party!! :partytime:

I never got my invite either. :weep:

But it is fantastic that The Border will be well represented on Wednesday night!:thumbsup:
And what a way to start 2014!!!!

MaryCalifornia
09-21-2013, 12:56 AM
I was traveling all day to Seattle - first time here. I didn't get the e-mail, but so glad that friends on here did, that's awesome.

So, will I get another e-mail from Eagles when tickets for the other two Forum shows go on sale? They're not on sale yet, right? We're only talking about Wednesday here...?

Glennsallnighter
09-21-2013, 03:49 AM
Congrats to you all on great seats! Another Border party!

I DID get the email but am not in a position to use it!

carol7lynn
09-21-2013, 08:53 AM
I was traveling all day to Seattle - first time here. I didn't get the e-mail, but so glad that friends on here did, that's awesome.

So, will I get another e-mail from Eagles when tickets for the other two Forum shows go on sale? They're not on sale yet, right? We're only talking about Wednesday here...?

Don't think you will. The fan invitation ticketing was for Wednesday's show only. Could be wrong though.

I'm still in shock I got 2nd row center. Only other artist that does this is Jackson Browne. I'm hoping he will be their opening act-please no Dixie Chicks this time. As far as I can tell scalpers did no better and they want $2,200 plus for the same row. Wonder how they'll work the sale of those tickets when they are paper-less. I guess you have to meet the scalper at the box office. They will find a way I'm sure. Capitalism.

Don't expect much from Sunday's AMEX pre-sale but will try for Saturday at least just to see. Live Nation ipre-sale next Friday will be a bust so don't bother.

Carol-Lynn

Brooke
09-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Congrats to everyone going! Well done!

I got the email, but no way I could go.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Don't think you will. The fan invitation ticketing was for Wednesday's show only. Could be wrong though.

I'm still in shock I got 2nd row center. Only other artist that does this is Jackson Browne. I'm hoping he will be their opening act-please no Dixie Chicks this time. As far as I can tell scalpers did no better and they want $2,200 plus for the same row. Wonder how they'll work the sale of those tickets when they are paper-less. I guess you have to meet the scalper at the box office. They will find a way I'm sure. Capitalism.

Don't expect much from Sunday's AMEX pre-sale but will try for Saturday at least just to see. Live Nation ipre-sale next Friday will be a bust so don't bother.

Carol-Lynn

Carol-Lynn, I wouldn't be surprised if the seats you are seeing on StubHub (or wherever) are actually from Ticketmaster. They put them out there to see if they can sell them for the super-inflated price before offering them during a presale or regular sale. Official Platinums from Ticketmaster are almost always on StubHub at an (even more) inflated price, so I know they do utilize the scalper sites. I don't know they are from Ticketmaster, but I wouldn't be surprised if we found they were.

GlennLover
09-21-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm so excited for those who were able to get tickets! Good luck Sunday, Woodstock!

carol7lynn
09-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Carol-Lynn, I wouldn't be surprised if the seats you are seeing on StubHub (or wherever) are actually from Ticketmaster. They put them out there to see if they can sell them for the super-inflated price before offering them during a presale or regular sale. Official Platinums from Ticketmaster are almost always on StubHub at an (even more) inflated price, so I know they do utilize the scalper sites. I don't know they are from Ticketmaster, but I wouldn't be surprised if we found they were.

There was an article a couple of weeks ago in the LA Times that stated TM would be offering re-sale tickets via interactive seating charts for you to chose from but didn't read anything about selling them through brokers. Wouldn't be surprised. Capitalism.

I am still shocked and awed we didn't have to at least pay a fan club fee for the tickets they offered us yesterday. About time though I must say.

Carol-Lynn

sodascouts
09-21-2013, 11:20 AM
This was for the fans. These are typically top dollar VIP or broker seats and we got them for less than face. AWESOME.

I wonder what they do with the invites sent to people who are not actually going? I imagine only a limited number of invites were sent out. Perhaps those will go back into the Ticketmaster pool.

NYC Fan
09-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Got mine around 12:30 PM today. I feel like the person who gets invited to the wedding in the second round of invites :-)

I can't go, sadly, but of course, I still looked for tickets!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Got my email a little while ago, put in the code...far back floor section! Yeah right. Tried one seat and that was no better. Good thing I have friends who got an invite sooner than I did! Now, if they'd just put up the link for VIP for the Friday and Saturday shows I'd feel better.

Henley Honey
09-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Got my email a little while ago, put in the code...far back floor section! Yeah right. Tried one seat and that was no better. Good thing I have friends who got an invite sooner than I did! Now, if they'd just put up the link for VIP for the Friday and Saturday shows I'd feel better.

Friends?? What friends?? :shrug: :twisted:

Woodstock
09-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Finally got my invite at 9:26 a.m. this morning. WTF....only over 19 hours late!! Of course I checked to see what seats were available - Section J Row 19....yahoo!! What happended? I'm just a tad bit pissed about this whole thing now. I'd really like to know why some people got the invites in time and others did not. Feel like sending an email and chewing someones ass....I think I will.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Finally got my invite at 9:26 a.m. this morning. WTF....only over 19 hours late!! Of course I checked to see what seats were available - Section J Row 19....yahoo!! What happended? I'm just a tad bit pissed about this whole thing now. I'd really like to know why some people got the invites in time and others did not. Feel like sending an email and chewing someones ass....I think I will.

My guess is, I don't know, that they randomly staggered the invitations so as to spread it out. From reading this thread, it seems a lot of fans requested the code for the tickets then didn't use it, so after a period of time, they'd send another batch of emails. Perhaps they just kept randomly sending emails until all the floor seats were taken.

sodascouts
09-21-2013, 05:50 PM
From reading this thread, it seems a lot of fans requested the code for the tickets then didn't use it, so after a period of time, they'd send another batch of emails. Perhaps they just kept randomly sending emails until all the floor seats were taken.
I agree VA. I think they sent out a certain number of invites according to how many seats were allotted for this presale, then waited to see how many were actually claimed. Obviously many people entered who couldn't go or decided not to buy for whatever reason, and those tickets laid unclaimed. Thus, the contest runners sent out another round of invites, then another, and will continue to do so until all the seats are gone or time runs out.

What's the alternative? Better to send out later rounds of invites than to just toss all those unclaimed tickets back into the pool so that they are snatched out of the hands of the fans who entered that actually planned on going.

Woodstock
09-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Just sent off my ass chewing email so I feel a little better. Let's see what kind of reply I get....if any. Gonna go lay down and take a little nap right now to rest up for the Keith Urban concert tonight!! Got row 15 from the stage for only $59.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Just sent off my ass chewing email so I feel a little better. Let's see what kind of reply I get....if any. Gonna go lay down and take a little nap right now to rest up for the Keith Urban concert tonight!! Got row 15 from the stage for only $59.

Well, WS, to each his/her own. The original email stated quite plainly that entering was no guarantee of anything. This is a great opportunity (albeit random) for fans to get good seats below face value. I sincerely hope they don't take some of the unjust negativity and decide not to do this again. They didn't have to do it at all.

Henley Honey
09-21-2013, 06:20 PM

I can't be sure, WS, but I think it has to do with if and when you originally registered with eaglesband.com

I don't mean when you registered after receiving the first e-mail announcing the fan sale, but when you originally registered with the band's website. I registered almost immediately (years ago) and I got my "invitation" 18 minutes into the sale.

I'm sorry you're disappointed, but for me, I couldn't be more thankful that the band broke from tradition and gave us "hardcores" a shot at the tickets we normally have to pay through the nose for.

sodascouts
09-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Well, the email said it was random; I see no reason to doubt that. If there were any such factors for preferential treatment, I imagine they would have said so and used it for a marketing tool (ie "register with our site now to get a better chance"). Far more likely, in this day and age, that the selection process was completely automated. Luck of the draw - simple as that.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-21-2013, 07:48 PM
:hilarious::hilarious::thumbsup::band::rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Well, WS, to each his/her own. The original email stated quite plainly that entering was no guarantee of anything. This is a great opportunity (albeit random) for fans to get good seats below face value. I sincerely hope they don't take some of the unjust negativity and decide not to do this again. They didn't have to do it at all.
i AGREE with va .
hope they do it again for ral fans.
I missed the whole thing with my son home but not in a positio to fly that far for health rasons .I hope they do it again anywan and decide not to do it if people complained
d:censored:

carol7lynn
09-21-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm thinking maybe zip code and/or how many seats you bought may have been the critical variables.

A poster on another web-site also reported getting second row (but she didn't say which section I must admit that) yesterday and she also lives in SoCal about 20 miles from me. It could be the number of tixs or our zipcode or both.

Carol-Lynn

Henley Honey
09-21-2013, 08:22 PM
I obviously have no inside knowledge, but I do know that I got the first "heads up for the invitation" email almost exactly 24 hours before VA got hers. And, true to that formula, she got her follow-up invitation (with the access code) almost 24 hour after I got mine. If that seems random, then there you go. I'm sticking with my original theory, that it went in "random" order of when you signed up for the website -- not when you registered or RSVP'd to the invitation. I guess we'll never know -- I'm just grateful for the chance!!

Wildthyme
09-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Got mine around 12:30 PM today. I feel like the person who gets invited to the wedding in the second round of invites :-)

Me too. Got mine about noon and nothing but bad seats available. It does make you feel like a second class citizen. Sounds like they sent invites to everyone that signed up but those of us that weren't picked on Friday got the leftovers. Personally, I think while their intentions were probably good, they should have kept the "exclusivity" illusion and just not sent out the later ones.

Oh well, the likelihood I will get to go now is pretty slim but if I could have gotten a decent ticket during this fan sale I would have found a way to make it happen.

Still glad so many people did so well though!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-21-2013, 10:42 PM
folks there is something my boss says all the time

It is what it is.:shrug:

thats all I got:bye:

carol7lynn
09-23-2013, 07:08 PM
I am working through a friend to try to get decent seats for Friday or Saturday night. He confirmed to me that VIP Nation will not be involved for any nights - no VIP packages for these shows. They asked what price range I was looking for and I said around $280 per ticket, because it sounds like that is the face value of the floor seats that were sold to the e-mail contest winners...they also confirmed that they are aware of whose side of the stage I prefer to be in front of haha. We'll see, aaaarrrrrghhhhh! I so want something awesome to look forward to!!!!!!

Actually the face value of the fan invitation seats believe it or not were $231.10 all in-base price was $185. I couldn't believe it even called TM to make sure-I got second row center section for less than the crap seats AMEX sold yesterday.

Carol-Lynn

MaryCalifornia
09-23-2013, 07:14 PM
That is a really wonderful gesture to fans to be able to get those tickets that you got, CL, at that price. Congrats to you, and good on the Eagles. Wow, for $280 I could be on the stage, haha!

carol7lynn
09-23-2013, 07:24 PM
That is a really wonderful gesture to fans to be able to get those tickets that you got, CL, at that price. Congrats to you, and good on the Eagles. Wow, for $280 I could be on the stage, haha!

I know! A real gesture of largesse to say the least considering TM is currently asking over $3K for a third row center seat for Friday right one row behind where I will be setting on Wednesday for a $200. Amazing.

Good Luck getting tickets. If I don't get anything for Friday and Saturday I'm going the ticket drop route.

Carol-Lynn

secret squirrel
09-24-2013, 11:14 AM
I got an invite but it said that once I’d entered my code, I would get an email on 19 September to let me know if I was selected or not so when I received nothing on the 19 and 20, I assumed I’d missed out.

Got back from a weekend out to discover tons of emails saying I could apply now, warning me the offer was about to expire and so on. Really mad but think my sister is a little pleased as she thought it might be a little expensive and difficult for us to get new passports in time and book a flight from London to LA.

Anyone know if they’re coming to the UK???

Also, my board is now white on black instead of brown. Bit hard to read the messages. Is this because my software’s ancient?

SS
xx

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

MaryCalifornia
09-24-2013, 03:32 PM
SS - when you are logged in to the Border, go down to the very very bottom of the page - in the bottom left corner you will see it says Long Run with a menu arrow next to it. You can select which Eagles theme you want to appear. It was switched to the Long Run b/c it is the anniversary. There are lots of good themes.

Glennsallnighter
09-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Really mad but think my sister is a little pleased as she thought it might be a little expensive and difficult for us to get new passports in time and book a flight from London to LA.

Anyone know if they’re coming to the UK???

Also, my board is now white on black instead of brown. Bit hard to read the messages. Is this because my software’s ancient?

SS
xx

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html (http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html)

You would have plenty of time to get passports and you don't need a Visa. Just a visa waiver called an ESTA which you book online any time up to 3 days before you go.

In saying that we are kinda optimistic that the Eagled will repeat previous patterns of visiting the UK and Ireland the summer after the tour starts as they did with LROOE..

secret squirrel
09-25-2013, 01:55 PM
SS - when you are logged in to the Border, go down to the very very bottom of the page - in the bottom left corner you will see it says Long Run with a menu arrow next to it. You can select which Eagles theme you want to appear. It was switched to the Long Run b/c it is the anniversary. There are lots of good themes.

How clever! Thanks, MC.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/some-called-it-country-some-called-it.html

secret squirrel
09-25-2013, 01:58 PM
You would have plenty of time to get passports and you don't need a Visa. Just a visa waiver called an ESTA which you book online any time up to 3 days before you go.

In saying that we are kinda optimistic that the Eagled will repeat previous patterns of visiting the UK and Ireland the summer after the tour starts as they did with LROOE..

Travelled with an ESTA before. Hope you're right and that they come to the UK and do the same kind of fan invite. Still, Fleetwood Mac on Friday...

SS
xx

Henleyfan
10-18-2013, 02:29 AM
I have a question I am hoping someone might be able to help me with. I bought two tickets to the Jan 15th show and then found out I can't go :-(. I called Ticketmaster to see if I can transfer the tickets or just give to someone so they don't go to waste and they said there was nothing I could do. I told them I don't want to make money on them, I don't even care if I get my price. I just don't want them to go to waste. Does anyone know if there is something I can do? It makes me sick that I can't go, but it is worse knowing no one can use these tickets.

Henley Honey
10-18-2013, 07:26 AM
I have a question I am hoping someone might be able to help me with. I bought two tickets to the Jan 15th show and then found out I can't go :-(. I called Ticketmaster to see if I can transfer the tickets or just give to someone so they don't go to waste and they said there was nothing I could do. I told them I don't want to make money on them, I don't even care if I get my price. I just don't want them to go to waste. Does anyone know if there is something I can do? It makes me sick that I can't go, but it is worse knowing no one can use these tickets.

I sent you a pm, Henleyfan

carol7lynn
10-18-2013, 08:20 AM

Go to your TM View Order page and select the Transfer button. See if that will work. If you bought ticketless seats then it won't work. Otherwise that's how you do it.

If you bought a paperless ticket from the research I did on the net, it looks as if you are stuck for now at least. As one poster put it: "They're "paperless which means, instead of tix being scanned at entry, you need the CC to be swiped at entry, the seat info gets printed out in a small,receipt like stub, and in you go."

Most people reported that calling TM proved to be a worthless pursuit. One person actually got their money back but no one was able to transfer them or resell them unless there was a TicketMaster Exchange going on too. Some suggested you write a letter to TM explaining your situation and include a copy of your driver's license and credit card. Others suggested you do an end run and pretend you lost your card but then you may or may not run into the issue of the photo ID not matching the credit card. Good Luck!

Carol-Lynn

Henleyfan
10-26-2013, 02:07 AM
Well great news. I called my credit card company and they refunded my money by allowing me to disbute the charges. They said that Ticketmaster can not refuse to work with me and they have to refund my money since they won't let me sell the tickets. I am so sad that I won't be able to go to the concert but at least now I don't have to eat the cost. AND since they just announced the concert in San Jose (my backyard) I still get to see them. :razz:

carol7lynn
10-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Well great news. I called my credit card company and they refunded my money by allowing me to disbute the charges. They said that Ticketmaster can not refuse to work with me and they have to refund my money since they won't let me sell the tickets. I am so sad that I won't be able to go to the concert but at least now I don't have to eat the cost. AND since they just announced the concert in San Jose (my backyard) I still get to see them. :razz:

Great News! Also, you are doing another fan a favor because they will eventually drop those tickets if they don't try and sell them as preferred that is.

Carol-Lynn

sodascouts
10-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Good news HF!

carol7lynn
11-02-2013, 09:26 AM
In case anyone wants to see where they are sitting TM has the interactive seat map up for all six Forum shows.

Center Stage seems to be, as predicted, Section C seat 8. Sections A and E are definitely off-sides. Section A starts with the second row and has 5 seats-Section E has a first row with 5 seats.

Check it out.

Carol-Lyn

VAisForEagleLovers
11-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the info!!

VAisForEagleLovers
12-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Just got an email from Southwest reminding me that my trip is 'just around the corner'.

One month!!

sodascouts
12-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Can't wait!!!

Glennsallnighter
12-16-2013, 02:57 AM
Oh how exciting! By the time you all get Christmas and Ne Hear over with it will be upon you!

sodascouts
12-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Finalizing all the arrangements. This is so exciting!

Henley Honey
12-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Two weeks from tomorrow, ladies!!! I'm so looking forward to this trip. Here's to no snow or other travel hindrances, healthy Eagles and a good time to be had by all.

Glennsallnighter
12-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Even though I won't be there I second all of that HH! Hope you all have a brilliant time. AND enjoy the anticipation! Its part of the fun!! :partytime:

HenleyFan1971
12-31-2013, 10:44 PM
I cant counting down til that week since I am going to two shows in a 2 day period :band:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Two weeks!! I can't wait! Anticipation will help with the post-holiday blues that's about to set in, same as the holidays helped with the PEW back in November.

VAisForEagleLovers
01-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Now this is some serious pre-concert anticipation!!! Thanks, PM, for bringing it to our attention!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-forum-roof-vinyl-lp-eagles-hotel-california-20131231,0,4992263.story#axzz2pCLxe3xa

Glennsallnighter
01-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Love it! So cool

Tiffanny Twisted
01-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Now this is some serious pre-concert anticipation!!! Thanks, PM, for bringing it to our attention!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-forum-roof-vinyl-lp-eagles-hotel-california-20131231,0,4992263.story#axzz2pCLxe3xa
omg so cool what a sight to see from an airplane:hilarious:

UndertheWire
01-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Wow! That's impressive. Better than a billboard.

I was trying to work out the rpm for a disc of diameter 407 ft, travelling at 17 mph at the edge. I think it's around 1.1 rpm (33 1/3 rpm would be 484 mph).

Zanny Kingston
01-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Here is something so cool I found on the LA times website:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-forum-roof-vinyl-lp-eagles-hotel-california-20131231,0,4992263.story#axzz2pCjWpDHj

I thought it was pretty amazing .....

I was not sure if this post should go here with the LA forum or mention in the press....

Glennsallnighter
01-02-2014, 06:14 AM
Thanks Kingston. It is also posted on the 'Eagles mentions in the Press' forum but handy to have it here too. Means people who aren't going to LA won't miss it.

secret squirrel
01-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Here's another piece on same subject. Or should it go in HC thread?

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/2014/01/01/3192900/two-of-southern-californias-icons.html

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/poco-versus-eagles-to-every-thing-there.html

sodascouts
01-03-2014, 11:54 AM
This one works fine. Thanks!

Henley Honey
01-03-2014, 07:01 PM
I don't think she'd mind me posting . . . .
Everyone say a little prayer of encouragement for Houston Baby. She's been hit hard by the Flu and is one hurting little girl. I'm hoping for a full and speedy recovery so she can come to LA as planned!!!!

Glennsallnighter
01-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Of course we will! Thanks for letting us know HH!

zeldabjr
01-04-2014, 02:47 AM
oh Houston Baby...get well soon...real soon!!!

Brooke
01-04-2014, 01:26 PM
HB, hope your feeling better real soon! No missing out on this!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Ten day forecast goes out to the day before this concert. High of 70, low of 50. Am I anticipating the concert or the weather? Hmmm....

HenleyFan1971
01-06-2014, 12:11 AM
yup it will great weather in CA concert week I went outside about 10 this morning light breeze and sun that is Socal for you love the weather

VAisForEagleLovers
01-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Wednesday, high of 74! I'm all over this! So THIS is why Glenn moved to LA from Detroit!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Hb get well soon
you got "boys " to see girlfriend.
:angel:

sodascouts
01-07-2014, 12:15 AM
With HB and HH getting sick and PLS having to have dental surgery, looks like a lot of those traveling are having a few mishaps before we get there! I had mine - hopefully my only one - this morning: an epileptic seizure. It's not so bad except I scratched myself across the face. Attractive. :(

Ready for those warmer temps though!

MaryCalifornia
01-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Oooh, so sorry Soda, glad you're OK.

The high pressure system sitting over SoCal is supposed to be here through the end of January (just to accommodate Eagles fans haha) so you all should have great weather!

Glennsallnighter
01-07-2014, 03:00 AM
Take care of yourself Soda, and everyone else.

Brooke
01-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Sorry to hear that, Soda. You have a week to heal up though!

GlennLover
01-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Glad to hear your seizure wasn't too serious, Soda! I hope everyone else going are feeling a-one for the concert.

01-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Okay ladies - You all need to do some healing! We leave for L.A. exactly one week from today! Hoping you are all on the mend.

HenleyFan1971
01-07-2014, 09:10 PM
I got the flu on xmas eve just starting to feel normal now it hits you so fast glad I will be well to go I would have gone anyway I will not miss these shows :laugh::soda:

HenleyFan1971
01-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Just checked the weather next weds it will be 80 degrees all week in the high 70"s and low 80's

Tiffanny Twisted
01-07-2014, 09:18 PM
as Feido would say HEAL:grouphug:

Houston Baby
01-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Hi guys! For the first time in a week, I felt like picking up my tablet & reading. I have not had the flu in 35 years and boy did it hit me. In fact it has hit the whole city of Houston pretty hard. I am still on the mend but I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for the positive thoughts, emails, pms, prayers & calls. It warms my heart to know that I have such great friends here. And though none of you brought me chicken noodle soup LOL, I felt your caring hearts. This is the greatest community! ! :grouphug:

And a special thank you to one of my guardian angels here who called me several times to check on me after my dental surgery and then during this flu battle.

Hopefully this time next week I will be in sunny LA!

Brooke
01-08-2014, 11:02 AM
HB, glad to hear you are feeling better! Sounds awful! That nice weather in CA next week will surely help too! :thumbsup:

01-08-2014, 01:33 PM
So glad you are feeling better, HB. I was just coming in here to post that it's time all you gals get better cause we'll be kicking it into high gear in just ...

ONE WEEK!!!

That's right, you all have exactly 7 days to get it together! :cheers:

Henley Honey
01-08-2014, 01:37 PM
I am sooooo looking forward to these shows. My back is still screwed up, but that will not stop me from going, dancing and reveling in the moment!!!

Can't wait to see everyone! One week!!! :cheers:

Houston Baby
01-08-2014, 01:54 PM
OMG -1 WEEK!!!!!!

With all our ailments, maybe we should consider hiring a young good looking male nurse or pharmacist to accompany us!:rofl:

Houston Baby
01-08-2014, 02:03 PM
BTW....does anyone have ANY idea which side of the plane would be best to sit on in order to see the Forum? I will be flying in to LAX from Houston Tuesday @ noon and would love to have an opportunity to take photos of the Forum roof. Since I will be flying Southwest, I can pick any seat when boarding. Hmmmm, maybe the crew would know.

HenleyFan1971
01-08-2014, 03:33 PM
by ground when I am coming west to LAX the forum is before the airport guess it depends which way you are coming hopefully they will announce they are coming through Inglewood lol which would be most likely the final few mins before landing hope you are able none of us local can see from the sky :(

sodascouts
01-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Good point HB - I'm also flying Southwest. Might have to inquire myself!

Henley Honey
01-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Do we have a head count of who's going to Wednesday's show?

Those I know of:
HH, VA, HB, Dreamer, Soda and PLS for sure.

MC? Henleyfan? Are you both in for Wednesday?

Anyone else?

MaryCalifornia
01-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Thanks, HH. I'm not going until next Friday the 24th. Sorry to miss such a big group of Borderers all at once!! Can't wait to hear about your time in LA. Post lots of messages!

HenleyFan1971
01-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Henley Honey I am going wed the 15th and Friday the 17th

MaryCalifornia
01-10-2014, 01:42 AM
The Forum just posted this picture on their facebook - can you see it if I copy it here? Hoping they get some floor seats in there!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=640886962636835&set=a.560669573991908.1073741828.527845740607625&type=1&theater

zeldabjr
01-10-2014, 03:29 AM
you lucky dogs...you get JD and the Straight Shot!!! :hilarious:

NYC Fan
01-10-2014, 08:39 AM
The Forum just posted this picture on their facebook - can you see it if I copy it here? Hoping they get some floor seats in there!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=640886962636835&set=a.560669573991908.1073741828.527845740607625&type=1&theater

Thanks for posting, MC! It looks great. No horrible luxury boxes separating the top and bottom of the arena.

I think it's so cool that they saved this place and renovated it. Unlike in Philly where they tore down the Spectrum. Would have loved if they did a renovation like this. It was another great "old school" place to see a concert.

Have a blast all who are going! Sounds like it will be a memorable run of shows.

MaryCalifornia
01-10-2014, 01:49 PM
K Earth 101, LA's classic rock station, is starting its "Eagles Warm-up Weekend" starting at noon today PST. They will play at least one Eagles song every hour, to get fired up for the shows!

http://kearth101.cbslocal.com/2014/01/09/listen-to-k-earth-101s-eagles-warm-up-weekend/

Houston Baby
01-10-2014, 02:15 PM
I am already FIRED UP!!!! :hilarious:

I can't wait to see the guys AND my Border Buds!

Perfect Little Sister
01-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Talk about fired up...today is my only day off before I leave for LA and am I cleaning my house? Doing laundry? Running errands? No...I'm on the board for the first time in forty forevers trying to catch up on all I've missed since summer. lol

Brooke
01-10-2014, 05:47 PM
PLS, long time no see! Have a wonderful time! I know you will!

That goes for all of you that's going! :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Talk about fired up...today is my only day off before I leave for LA and am I cleaning my house? Doing laundry? Running errands? No...I'm on the board for the first time in forty forevers trying to catch up on all I've missed since summer. lol

Welcome back, Lissa, I've missed you. Hope you have a brilliant time in LA!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-10-2014, 08:09 PM
pls good to hear from you again...
last saw you at after hours tour in sands bethlhem last year

GlennLover
01-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Good to hear from you, Lissa! I know you'll have a great time at the concert. Wish I could be there. :p

ktdids
01-12-2014, 03:06 AM
Not quite sure where to post this, but I read a Google news article about the Forum shows will kick off with a benefit concert on 1/13/14 for the Lustgarden Foundation that the Dolans support. They do a lot of fundraising for the organization at Madison Square Garden, so it is natural they would do something with the Forum opening. One of the groups performing is the Eagles, what a surprise!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Not quite sure where to post this, but I read a Google news article about the Forum shows will kick off with a benefit concert on 1/13/14 for the Lustgarden Foundation that the Dolans support. They do a lot of fundraising for the organization at Madison Square Garden, so it is natural they would do something with the Forum opening. One of the groups performing is the Eagles, what a surprise!

Do you still have the link? Wow, I wish I'd known! Is a private invite? The Lustgarden Foundation supports a cause that is near and dear to my heart (pancreatic cancer). I would have wanted to buy a ticket for more than one reason.

UndertheWire
01-12-2014, 10:38 AM
http://www.lustgarten.org/a-night-at-the-forum/a-night-at-the-forum-sponsor-page

carol7lynn
01-12-2014, 12:25 PM
The LA Times Arts & Books section has a nice article on the re-opening of the Forum complete with a picture of what the theater-like seats look like.
Also for those who have nose-bleed-seats, not to worry as the distance from top tier to the floor is only 80 feet unlike Staples which is 110 feet from the floor.

Can't wait. Tickets for 3 shows secured with 3 to go!

Carol-Lynn

SallyGee
01-12-2014, 07:13 PM
So happy for all of you going to these shows. We'll all be there in spirit!

sodascouts
01-12-2014, 07:17 PM
The LA Times Arts & Books section has a nice article on the re-opening of the Forum complete with a picture of what the theater-like seats look like.
Also for those who have nose-bleed-seats, not to worry as the distance from top tier to the floor is only 80 feet unlike Staples which is 110 feet from the floor.

Can't wait. Tickets for 3 shows secured with 3 to go!

Carol-Lynn

I can't wait!

I wonder if the "movie-theater seats" extend to the floor seating? It would be nice not to sit in folding chairs shoved together so tightly that one can barely move.

StephUK
01-12-2014, 10:18 PM

Every Rose has it's thorns !! bear up and it'll be worth it when the Eagles hit the stage.

p.s. still wondering what terrible threat JD is holding over the Eagles that they're continuing to use his band as support:headscratch::hilarious:

Thirsty&Hot
01-13-2014, 02:07 AM

ohh there's an opening band??

we didn't get one in nyc...which was fine...but did any of the other shows have an opening act?

WalshFan88
01-13-2014, 02:19 AM
ohh there's an opening band??

That's a bit of a stretch but I guess you could call them that. :hilarious:

Thirsty&Hot
01-13-2014, 02:30 AM
oh I don't know anything about JD and the Straight shot haha

they're that bad?

ktdids
01-13-2014, 03:32 AM
oh I don't know anything about JD and the Straight shot haha

they're that bad?

The JD is James Dolan, of the Dolan family who owns Madison Square Garden. He seems to enjoy his life as a "rocker" sometimes more than as an owner of the NY Knicks, who play in MSG. Some fans believe he is as oblivious about his talent as a guitarist as he is in running the team. I'm glad he didn't show up to open up any of the Eagles shows in November!

carol7lynn
01-13-2014, 09:53 AM
I can't wait!

I wonder if the "movie-theater seats" extend to the floor seating? It would be nice not to sit in folding chairs shoved together so tightly that one can barely move.

I for one am hoping that they do too. Time will tell. Two-days and counting.

The Santa Anas rolled in last night and it is hot and windy. Supposed to be 80 degrees on Wednesday.

Carol-Lynn

Houston Baby
01-13-2014, 01:41 PM
All packed & ready to go! See you gals in LA! Safe travels everyone!:blueblob::yay::partytime:

Brooke
01-13-2014, 03:43 PM
HAVE FUN EVERYBODY THAT'S GOING! :partytime: :jealous:

Can't wait to hear all about all of it!

sodascouts
01-13-2014, 07:56 PM
All packed & ready to go! See you gals in LA! Safe travels everyone!:blueblob::yay::partytime:

I can't wait! I've still got to pack though. Safe travels!

Henley Honey
01-13-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm as ready as I'll ever be! 5 am wake-up call and it's off to JFK. Happy trails ladies!! CU in CA!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-13-2014, 08:59 PM
I have to leave my place by 5:15, so I guess that means I need to be up by 5:10! :wink: WHY did I get such an early flight, was I out of my mind?

I'm looking forward to the trip, though! The weather, seeing old friends, new places, and oh yeah, OUR GUYS!!

Zanny Kingston
01-13-2014, 09:30 PM
To all who are going to the Forum shows:

SAFE TRAVELS and HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!

Those shows will be unbelievable!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-13-2014, 10:52 PM
to all my border buddies traveling to CA to see the guys...safe travels in your journey.....happy trails and have a rocking great time.
:rockon::drummer:

Thirsty&Hot
01-13-2014, 11:27 PM
I'll be up at 5am for work...I'd rather try to sneak into one of your suitcases! haha

Have a fun and safe trip everyone!
Funny I usually say happy trails also! Great minds think alike :)

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2014, 04:57 AM
I'm as ready as I'll ever be! 5 am wake-up call and it's off to JFK. Happy trails ladies!! CU in CA!!!

Best wishes to you all. Have a wonderful time in LA! Dying to hear all about it! And of course hope all the travelling plans go as safely and smoothly as possible!

And please blow Glenn :heart: a few xxx's from me!

UndertheWire
01-14-2014, 06:04 AM
I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Meanwhile, to help with that anticipation, here's a few pics from last night:

http://instagram.com/p/jI6wAaOkdv/#
http://instagram.com/p/jI1fDCpyxJ/#
https://twitter.com/BewareoDarkness/status/422990993336463361/photo/1

and a tiny video clip
http://instagram.com/p/jI6VuLMobf/#

Houston Baby
01-14-2014, 06:24 AM
I love the comment - " they still have it. Can harmonize better than anyone."

Yeah , they do!! :nod:
The guys look fantastic! Thanks, UTW!

Houston Baby
01-14-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm sitting at the airport. One of the SW crew said my best chance to see the LA Forum roof would be on the right side of the plane. Of course it is dependent on the landing path. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Brooke
01-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Good luck with that HB!

Safe travels everyone!

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Good luck HB! Hope you get to see the roof.

The pics are blocked by my work server. Something nice to look forward to when I get home though.....

MaryCalifornia
01-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Santa Ana winds again today, ladies. If you're out and about, be sure to use extra facial moisturizer and lip balm - it will be hot and dry. Thought not as hot and as dry as in Australia - I thought of Freypower last night while I was watching the Australian Open tennis - 107 degrees!!

Thanks for those, UTW. In the first one, it looks like Don may have done away with the beard??!! We'll see....!

VAisForEagleLovers
01-14-2014, 01:29 PM
For some reason I could only see the first one but it surely was nice!!! I can't wait til tomorrow night!

I'm on the plane now....paid for WiFi since I forgot to download my Kindle books to this device and I was BORED! Now I can nap and dream of Eagles!

HenleyFan1971
01-14-2014, 01:33 PM
everyone have a safe trip windy here today but will be better weather tomorrow cant wait til tomorrow so excited

timfan
01-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Hope everyone going has a safe trip and a wonderful time!! Don't know if this has been posted yet but a FB friend just alerted me to it... a video of the building of the Hotel California record on the top of the forum... very cool to watch them construct it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUPhVjnFHdY

GlennLover
01-14-2014, 02:36 PM
I hope everyone gets to see the roof! Safe travels all! :)

Perfect Little Sister
01-14-2014, 03:50 PM
OMG!!! I am so stressing out. I got to the bus stop 45 minutes early and sat under the sign for the Amtrack bus. So a bus comes in at my pick up time and passes me to stop at the next stop labeled for the Wheels buses.(downtown) I get up, pick up my shit and start walking and the damn driver pulled away when I was 5 feet from the door!!! WTF?? So now I'm re-booked on a later train that puts me in LA at 11pm. Just when I wanna be looking for a cab in LA. NOT!!! What I don't do for a little Eagle love. Lol

Freypower
01-14-2014, 04:11 PM
I love Glenn in a jacket & shirt!

HenleyFan1971
01-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Perfect little sister what part of California do you live in?

Houston Baby
01-14-2014, 04:34 PM
VA, HH & I are all in LA. I didn't see the Forum roof and neither did VA. We both came in from the south. Darn it!

HenleyFan1971
01-14-2014, 04:49 PM
oh no Inglewood is kind of to the north I think glad you got in safe enjoy the heat lol

Brooke
01-14-2014, 04:52 PM
pls, what rotten luck! I hope the rest of the trip goes better for you!

Have fun ladies! Bummer you didn't get to see the rooftop, but glad you arrived safely! :jealous:

VAisForEagleLovers
01-14-2014, 05:16 PM
In the room, plotting our next move. Weather's great!

sodascouts
01-14-2014, 06:22 PM
At the Nashville airport still. My plane's a little delayed but not terribly. Still, I am going to be getting in somewhat late. I only slept about an hour last night and I'm sure I must have forgotten something. I just hope it wasn't something important!

Thirsty&Hot
01-14-2014, 08:03 PM
glad to hear some of you have arrived safely! hope the rest of you do as well :)

love that tweet praising the Eagles' harmonizing abilities and perfection :applause:

I'll be there in spirit!
are they still doing the same setlist as they were in NY?
I was going to say think of me during Victim of Love (...still make you thirsty and hot...), but just realized they didn't play it when I saw them! I was so happy, I didn't notice. :doh:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-14-2014, 08:12 PM
PLS--- bummer

Soda---- as I told HH last night ..what ever you forgot if you have a credit card...you can buy it in LA

VA HH and HB-somehow I can just picture you three plotting.:hilarious:
LA better watch out cause you guys are in town and in the house:hilarious:

I cant say I am :jealous:, cause you are all wonderful people who I am so happy are gonna hove a blast.:thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-14-2014, 08:13 PM
glad to hear some of you have arrived safely! hope the rest of you do as well :)

love that tweet praising the Eagles' harmonizing abilities and perfection :applause:

I'll be there in spirit!
are they still doing the same setlist as they were in NY?
I was going to say think of me during Victim of Love (...still make you thirsty and hot...), but just realized they didn't play it when I saw them! I was so happy, I didn't notice. :doh:

ok if that's the case someone better think of me during Hotel Calif ( her mind is tiffany twisted....) :hilarious:

Freypower
01-14-2014, 08:15 PM
I did notice one thing about that first photo. They were all standing with acoustic guitars & there was no sign of Bernie. Perhaps it was taken later in the show. But then I noticed that the tweet said the show was for a charity so perhaps it was 'private' and there was a shortened setlist.

Freypower
01-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Santa Ana winds again today, ladies. If you're out and about, be sure to use extra facial moisturizer and lip balm - it will be hot and dry. Thought not as hot and as dry as in Australia - I thought of Freypower last night while I was watching the Australian Open tennis - 107 degrees!!

Thanks for those, UTW. In the first one, it looks like Don may have done away with the beard??!! We'll see....!

I will just comment on this; yes it is very hot indeed.

Thirsty&Hot
01-14-2014, 08:19 PM
ok if that's the case someone better think of me during Hotel Calif ( her mind is tiffany twisted....) :hilarious:

oh oh oh! actually you can think of me during Hotel California! cos my name actually IS Tiffany :grin: :yay:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-14-2014, 08:19 PM
I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Meanwhile, to help with that anticipation, here's a few pics from last night:

http://instagram.com/p/jI6wAaOkdv/#
http://instagram.com/p/jI1fDCpyxJ/#
https://twitter.com/BewareoDarkness/status/422990993336463361/photo/1

and a tiny video clip
http://instagram.com/p/jI6VuLMobf/#

love it thanks for posting it:partytime:

Witchy Woman
01-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Have fun, guys !! :headbang:

carol7lynn
01-15-2014, 11:39 AM
L.A. Times Calendar section has an interview with Don Henley concerning their Forum shows.

In short: No new material, a few songs they didn't do on Leg 1 of their History-tour and no change-ups from night-to-night because to quote DH, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." For those who do not have access to the paper here is an on-line link: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-don-henley-qa-20140115,0,5745299.story#axzz2qTtxxpQ2

Excitement mounts. We had a small quake this morning about five miles from where I live and the Santa Anas have stilled for the moment. God Bless America!

Stay Tuned!

And, a shout-out ala Jessie Pinkman-Second Row Bitch! I will be Breakin' Bad tonite! Look out TimmyB!:wave:

Carol-Lynn

Brooke
01-15-2014, 02:19 PM
Great interview! Thanks CL!

I wonder what the two songs added will be?

ETA: And nice to hear something.... "What about a Don Henley album?
I recently completed a new solo album, but haven't been able to release it because the ongoing Eagles tour leaves me no time to promote it. I hope to get it out this fall."

MaryCalifornia
01-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Request to Borderers going to tonight's show - if you have time, will you please find out what the deal is with the Forum Club? Is it open? Can anyone eat in there? There is, like, zero contact info available for the Forum, except to buy tickets. Thanks!!!

HenleyFan1971
01-15-2014, 03:48 PM
I got a hard copy of LA times today good pic of Don and our local station KEarth 101 is today KEAGLES101 you can stream this station also if you don't live in CA starting to get ready had to dye my hair lol wont get dressed til later meeting my sister at 4:30 where she lives we go eat dinner then on to the concert my knee decided to lockup and swell today I am in pain wont stop me from going will just have to take me cane I am going to be 43 tomorrow best bday gift ever

carol7lynn
01-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Request to Borderers going to tonight's show - if you have time, will you please find out what the deal is with the Forum Club? Is it open? Can anyone eat in there? There is, like, zero contact info available for the Forum, except to buy tickets. Thanks!!!

Found this info on the Forum's FAQ page.

Phone Numbers

Disabled Services 888-609-7599 Guest Relations 888-235-2990 Ticketmaster 800-745-3000
Here is the actual link:
http://www.fabulousforum.com/planyourvisit/faq.html#F

Carol-Lynn

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Glad you all got to LA safe! The pics from The other night look great. Looks like everyone is in for a treat tonight

ENJOY!!!!!!

Dying to hear how they all are! Specially Glenn :heart: of course!

SallyGee
01-15-2014, 06:04 PM
So excited for everyone going. Can't wait to hear what the added songs are. Someone please blow Timothy a kiss from me!

MaryCalifornia
01-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Oooh, thank you, C7L. Will try "guest relations!"

Glennhoney
01-15-2014, 07:44 PM
...can't wait to hear all about it.....have a fantastic night!!!!:partytime:

01-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Hi all - Just coming in to update everyone. We (soda, VA, HH, HB, PLS, and me) are back in the room after a day of touristy stuff and brunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Getting ready to seriously begin the fluffin' and puffin' process. The dinner menu for the evening is take-out deli sandwiches - courtesy of the Laurel Canyon County Store. We'll be leaving for the show in a couple of hours. Anxiously awaiting to see if there are any additions to the setlist or changes to the show. Of course, more details later and can't hardly contain our excitement.

sodascouts
01-15-2014, 08:17 PM
If there's anyone who wants to meet up afterwards, PM me for plans.

ktdids
01-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Enjoy the show everyone! I'm kind of jealous, but then I'm not, they're bound to sound great after such a long break, and on top of that some possible set list changes, you guys are so lucky!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Hi all - Just coming in to update everyone. We (soda, VA, HH, HB, PLS, and me) are back in the room after a day of touristy stuff and brunch at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Getting ready to seriously begin the fluffin' and puffin' process. The dinner menu for the evening is take-out deli sandwiches - courtesy of the Laurel Canyon County Store. We'll be leaving for the show in a couple of hours. Anxiously awaiting to see if there are any additions to the setlist or changes to the show. Of course, more details later and can't hardly contain our excitement.

Kay thanks for checking in nice to know what you guys are up too. Enjoy the show ladys