PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at the LA Forum, Los Angeles, CA - January 17, 2014

sodascouts
10-19-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm creating separate threads for the LA shows as requested. Anyone going to this one?

Glennsallnighter
11-20-2013, 03:00 PM
There's been a radio competition going on here for two platinum tickets, flights and accomodation in LA for 3 nights. Purely random selection. You have to recognise an Eagles song and text in. Texted 102 qualifies......

I'M TODAYS QUALIFIER

The draw is this Freyday. About 20 qualifiers I think.....

In one way, I feel I haven't a hope.

In another way I feel I've as good a chance as any of the other qualifiers!

HenleyFan1971
11-20-2013, 03:13 PM
I am going Jan 15 and Jan 17 th cant wait

Desperada
11-20-2013, 03:22 PM
I really hope you win, best wishes,C

VAisForEagleLovers
11-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Too cool, GA!!! Let us know how it goes!!

Prettymaid
11-20-2013, 03:56 PM
There's been a radio competition going on here for two platinum tickets, flights and accomodation in LA for 3 nights. Purely random selection. You have to recognise an Eagles song and text in. Texted 102 qualifies......

I'M TODAYS QUALIFIER

That is so cool, Lisa! Win or not you've given us all a big thrill and something to cheer you on for! I hope you win!

Brooke
11-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Ga! This is amazing! Good luck! :yay:

Houston Baby
11-20-2013, 11:45 PM
All my fingers & toes are crossed for you GA! That would be so WONDERFUL!!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Wow GA - How awesome would it be if you won that! Would love to see ya again. :wink: :nod:

NYC Fan
11-21-2013, 08:17 AM
GA-

Good luck! Someone has to win, and you have lots of good thoughts coming your way :-)

That would be so cool...

Glennsallnighter
11-21-2013, 01:11 PM
That is so cool, Lisa! Win or not you've given us all a big thrill and something to cheer you on for! I hope you win!

Well I'm delighted to hear all the good wishes and I'm living on my nerves. 20 finalists. One will win. I'm sure I won't win, but it's been fun! I got a lot of good wishes at work today too!

Henley Honey
11-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Fingers and toes crossed for you GA. It'll be a repeat of NYC but with Soda, PLS and Houston Baby too!!! I so hope you win. Here's the big question though: Who would you bring with you???

Henley Honey
11-21-2013, 01:38 PM
I am going Jan 15 and Jan 17 th cant wait

Me too!!!

Glennsallnighter
11-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Fingers and toes crossed for you GA. It'll be a repeat of NYC but with Soda, PLS and Houston Baby too!!! I so hope you win. Here's the big question though: Who would you bring with you???

Think it has to be hubby this time. In the unlikely event he couldn't attend it'd be Desperada.

Prettymaid
11-21-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm sure I won't win, but it's been fun!

GA, you shouldn't even be putting that out into the universe! :fear: Positive thinking now! And you've got all of our positive thoughts behind you, too! Besides, you deserve to win!

Glennsallnighter
11-22-2013, 02:59 AM
Thanks PM! I'll know in an hour. They will call the winner, so my phone is charged and ready. And I'm too nervous to have breakfast!

Win or lose it's lovely to see all the support I have had on the Border and Facebook. Thanks so much ladies and gents!

Glennsallnighter
11-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Well I didn't win, but, hey, it was fun to be part of it anyway.

Later I got a call from the radio station (she can't go........ I was next choice ......?). Apparently all the other qualifiers have won a Greatest Hits CD! I was only thinking the other day that mine needed to be replaced, due to scratches, candy stains etc! So that was a nice surprise!

Brooke
11-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Darn, Ga! At least you got a new cd out of it though!

Prettymaid
11-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Later I got a call from the radio station (she can't go........ I was next choice ......?). Apparently all the other qualifiers have won a Greatest Hits CD! I was only thinking the other day that mine needed to be replaced, due to scratches, candy stains etc! So that was a nice surprise!

Geez GA, I thought the part in parentheses really happened! You had me going there for a split second until I read the rest of your post. Congratulation on the CD. At least you have your shows next year to look forward to!

sodascouts
11-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Congrats on the CD at least. Better luck next time!

Henley Honey
11-23-2013, 08:13 PM

Awwww. . . . . I'm so sad for you !!! (and me too, because I'd have had that much more fun with you in LA). I had already planned (in my head) how we'd storm the stage and do all the "touristy" things. Oh well. You'll be in our hearts anyway!!! You'll just have to "represent" in Dublin and maybe the UK.

carol7lynn
11-26-2013, 08:48 AM
There is an inside aisle, front row Section A seat up for grabs for Friday's show in case anyone is interested. Too far off-sides for my tastes but for you out-of-towners who can't afford to wait, you might want to grab it now!:thumbsup:

Just re-checked and now there are three front row section A seats up for grabs.

There is also an outside aisle seat in row 1 or 2, depending on how the configure the actual seating, in section E too. Just saw that one.

Carol-Lynn

Ive always been a dreamer
11-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the update C-L. And GA - it's too bad you didn't win the contest. Of course, we would have loved to see you there! Oh well, at least you have Dublin to look forward to. :partytime:

sodascouts
01-09-2014, 11:26 PM
My cousins were able to get tickets to this show for near face value, even though they're in the top tier. Yay!

HenleyFan1971
01-09-2014, 11:27 PM
I have tickets for this show also so excited

Perfect Little Sister
01-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Oh good Soda!!! I'm so glad they scored!

Glennsallnighter
01-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the update C-L. And GA - it's too bad you didn't win the contest. Of course, we would have loved to see you there! Oh well, at least you have Dublin to look forward to. :partytime:

I do! Thanks! And one of the London shows that I splashed out on! I will miss you all though. Hugs to everybody and blow my favourite Eagle a kiss from me!

secret squirrel
01-15-2014, 12:20 PM

I'M TODAYS QUALIFIER

Got a Google alert for this - assume it's the same competition, still on:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/radio/story/_/page/10294116/win-eagles-tickets

SS
xx

http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/

Glennsallnighter
01-16-2014, 04:14 AM
Well my competition ended on 22 November and it was on an irish radio station. I got that google alert too!

I wiiiiiiiish!!!

HenleyFan1971
01-16-2014, 12:43 PM
I am ready for this one day rest today and going tomorow

ktdids
01-16-2014, 07:37 PM
There's news about a big fire going on outside the LA area, I hope everyone stays safe while they try to get it under control!

HenleyFan1971
01-16-2014, 10:42 PM
there is one Glendora which is about 12 miles from me air smells like smoke and we have ash all over that car it is terrible to say that is the norm here in Socal in the last week we had fires and a earthquake lol

ktdids
01-17-2014, 03:22 AM
there is one Glendora which is about 12 miles from me air smells like smoke and we have ash all over that car it is terrible to say that is the norm here in Socal in the last week we had fires and a earthquake lol

Wow, I can't begin to imagine the situation out there. Makes me think I shouldn't complain when we get hit with snowstorms when I consider what one of the alternatives might be. Hope it doesn't get any worse, and let's pray for rain!

HenleyFan1971
01-17-2014, 12:26 PM
we can pray but it is not coming anytime soon lol

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2014, 04:39 PM
I've heard about the LA fire too! Hope everyone is safe.

And

ENJOY

Tonight's show!

carol7lynn
01-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Wow, I can't begin to imagine the situation out there. Makes me think I shouldn't complain when we get hit with snowstorms when I consider what one of the alternatives might be. Hope it doesn't get any worse, and let's pray for rain!

Forget about the rain part-the governor just declared a statewide "drought emergency." Last time we had rain was December 19th. Not good.

They caught the lame-brains that set the fire by-the-way. They claim that their "camp fire" got out of control, and by the looks of their mug shots, it's fairly apparent how that could happen. It seems to be a case of three stoners (Yes, they did find weed on two of them.) toasting more than just marshmallows.

Carol-Lynn

sodascouts
01-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Anybody who wants to meet up after the show - PM me in the next 60 minutes. Thanks!