PDA

View Full Version : as an adult, when you need to find information, where is the first place you look?

sad-cafe
10-30-2013, 09:45 PM
there is a method to my madness and after some responses, I will fill you in. For now give me some details.

Thank you SO much!

sodascouts
10-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Search engine - typically Google. I am VERY careful to ensure that the website I get info from is credible, though. I hate it when people don't fact-check and just believe everything they read (ESPECIALLY on the internet).

VAisForEagleLovers
10-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Depends what it is I want to know! Sometimes I know a person who probably has the answer and so I contact them and ask. Mostly, though, I use search engines and I try and mix it up because they each have their own strengths and faults. Like Soda, I try to keep it to credible websites. If I'm trying to determine if something is true or not, I usually use snopes.com.

When I want to know something about the Eagles, I come here.

Witchy Woman
10-30-2013, 11:52 PM
I always go to Google.

Outlawman13
10-31-2013, 12:39 AM
I'm usually on google, or yahoo. LOL

Ive always been a dreamer
10-31-2013, 01:42 AM
I use several different search engines including Bing, Google, and Yahoo. Now that I've gotten used to Bing, I think I actually prefer it.

Of course - for Eagles news, I always come to The Border. However, with this Halloween style we have for the day, it's kinda spooky around here. :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
10-31-2013, 05:37 AM
I tend to do an Internet search, or I ask an 'expert'.

prayfordaylight
10-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Google, Twitter or Wikipedia depending on the subject.

WalshFan88
10-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Google, but making sure it's legit.

Tiffanny Twisted
11-02-2013, 01:29 PM
google lol especially at work when I need an answer fast.lol

sad-cafe
11-05-2013, 10:20 PM
thank you all for helping me prove my point.

At my school, we get kids at all times of the school year for anywhere from 25-45-186 days depending on when the "commit their offense" and when the hearing is held for expulsion. As a result, we use an online curriculum and we teachers are there for instant feedback, help and facilitation. One teacher is throwing a HUGE fit about students looking up answers on google and bing instead of remembering 100+ pages of text for some random question.

I have no problem with kids binging answers to questions as they actually have to read the question/answers more than once and probably more than they would normally.

I asked her where she goes for answers and she shut up

now she wants to go back to teaching with a book. What that means is I will have more kids because my classes are mixed with any one of 15 different subjects/semesters and she will have pure classes. Oh well. I can do it and will still have better results than she will.

sad-cafe
11-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Thank you.

I really feel it is a calling. I really don't care if my students remember every battle of the Civil War, just the effects of it. If they remember that someone believed in them despite why they end up in my classroom, then my job is done.

Tiffanny Twisted
11-12-2013, 10:46 PM
google of course

sad-cafe
11-13-2013, 12:04 AM
thank you again! You all helped me prove my point!