PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

Henley Honey
10-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Eaglesband.com is listing show. No ticketmaster link yet.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-31-2013, 08:16 PM
Eaglesband.com is listing show. No ticketmaster link yet.

Just over a week before Fat Tuesday? Party On, guys!

shunlvswx
11-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Choices, choices. New Orleans is only 3 hours away from me and its a weekend date.. I would love to go to the concert. I might drive down to New Orleans. I guess I better save up.

sodascouts
11-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Do it, shun! You simply must see this show!

Brooke
11-02-2013, 09:52 AM
That sounds doable shun! You won't regret it, it's awesome!

shunlvswx
12-25-2013, 06:55 PM
I was just looking at the tickets for the New Orleans show, they only have I think its 83.00 and 173.00 dollars ones left. I'm still thinking about going. This would be a late birthday present to me. Too bad they are not playing on my birthday which is early in that month. I just need to get that 100 dollars saved and I got it. No more spending big bucks on something for the next few weeks. I guess thank goodness for that second job. I can use that money.

I wonder will more tickets open up later.

sodascouts
01-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Anyone thinking of going to this? Because I kind of am (I know I'm crazy), but hotels in the area are so freaking expensive, and I'm 6 hours away. This is the only remaining concert that's doable for me, so it's NOLA or bust, and unless I can find a way to make this economical, it might be "bust." I just hate for my last show on the tour to be that Friday Forum show.

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2014, 05:33 PM
If it was the Saturday I would try as we are on mid term that week. And I'd love to see New Orleans as well.

You COULD come to Dublin in June if the PEW gets too bad!! We'd love to have you here.

tjh532
01-28-2014, 07:05 PM
I looked into tickets in New Orleans because I have a airline credit that I need to get used. The tickets that are remaining are outrageously expensive (at least from what I could see). I can't justify almost half of what I make per month on a ticket, no matter how much I want to see them. Too bad, because I love New Orleans, and have never seen our guys play. I just wish they were a little more affordable :( I guess I should modify that to say that the decent seats are really expensive. I guess I could do the nosebleed seats - haha.

shunlvswx
01-28-2014, 07:36 PM
I really want to go. New Orleans is only a 3 hour drive for me, but like tjh532 said. The only tickets that's left are the expensive ones. I checked this past weekend. There's not even no tickets left for the nosebleeds or the next price which I think is 80 or 90 dollars.

I hate that they are so close to me again, but I can't go because I don't have the money.:sigh: That would had been a great belated birthday present to me since my birthday is next week.

Maybe I can come up with $200.00 before February 23rd.

sodascouts
01-28-2014, 08:32 PM
I looked into tickets in New Orleans because I have a airline credit that I need to get used. The tickets that are remaining are outrageously expensive (at least from what I could see). I can't justify almost half of what I make per month on a ticket, no matter how much I want to see them. Too bad, because I love New Orleans, and have never seen our guys play. I just wish they were a little more affordable :( I guess I should modify that to say that the decent seats are really expensive. I guess I could do the nosebleed seats - haha.

The scalpers and resellers are out of control. I can't afford that either. I'm hoping something will drop.

sodascouts
01-29-2014, 06:27 PM
If it was the Saturday I would try as we are on mid term that week. And I'd love to see New Orleans as well.

You COULD come to Dublin in June if the PEW gets too bad!! We'd love to have you here.

If I could afford it, I'd love to go to Dublin!

sodascouts
02-07-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm still debating going to this show, so I've been checking tickets quasi-regularly.

Today, I hit Ticketmaster and discovered that the arena has been renamed! It is now the "Smoothie King Center."

Man, I'm so sick of these corporate re-namings.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-07-2014, 07:59 PM
It's better, marginally, than the Yum! Center here in Louisville...

sodascouts
02-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Oh gosh, yes. YUM! Center = dumbest venue name ever.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-07-2014, 10:37 PM
no gals they both stink ...horrible choices for venue names:eyebrow:

Houston Baby
02-08-2014, 10:47 AM
I guess we should give props to JD for not going that route with The Forum! :grin:

sodascouts
02-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Seriously. I do give him and Azoff props for that.

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2014, 07:56 AM
If I could afford it, I'd love to go to Dublin!

I have a sofa bed.... Only saying....

shunlvswx
02-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Can somebody pick me up in Mississippi and sneak me into the concert. I just hate I'm going to miss it. So close, but yet so far away again.

sodascouts
02-10-2014, 10:26 PM
I've decided to go. I'll be driving right through Jackson on Saturday. I won't be able to sneak anybody in obviously, lol, but we could share gas costs and a hotel if you get the money together for a ticket. Just sayin'. However, I can't stay overnight Sunday; we would have to leave right after the show because I have to be back at work at 8:00 Monday morning and it's a six hour drive for me (I know, I'm crazy, but I guess at this point that goes without saying).

MaryCalifornia
02-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Yay, Soda!! Woo hoo!

sodascouts
02-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Oh my gosh, MC, your new avatar is BEAUTIFUL.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-10-2014, 11:03 PM
I agree - very nice avatar, MC.

And Soda - I'm sure you'll have a great time and won't regret the trip! Besides it'll be the last one you see for a while. :cry:

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2014, 04:56 AM
I've decided to go. I'll be driving right through Jackson on Saturday. I won't be able to sneak anybody in obviously, lol, but we could share gas costs and a hotel if you get the money together for a ticket. Just sayin'. However, I can't stay overnight Sunday; we would have to leave right after the show because I have to be back at work at 8:00 Monday morning and it's a six hour drive for me (I know, I'm crazy, but I guess at this point that goes without saying).

Not crazy Soda! Devoted! I hope it all works out for you. :headbang:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-11-2014, 08:34 AM
I think it's a wise decision, myself! They have this break before Europe and then according to Don he'll be promoting his album in the fall, which will be interviews, a tour, or both. I'm sure they'll do Australia in the winter. Unless they squeeze in more shows, here in the US, before then, it could be another year before we see them again. Which is depressing! I'm glad I splurged on the front row ticket for Raleigh, even though I have a ticket for Cincy.

Freypower
02-11-2014, 04:50 PM
I think it's a wise decision, myself! They have this break before Europe and then according to Don he'll be promoting his album in the fall, which will be interviews, a tour, or both. I'm sure they'll do Australia in the winter. Unless they squeeze in more shows, here in the US, before then, it could be another year before we see them again. Which is depressing! I'm glad I splurged on the front row ticket for Raleigh, even though I have a ticket for Cincy.

I honestly don't believe they will come here until 2015. Glenn was only here last year & the band was here in 2010. They usually wait five or six years (previously 1995-2004 & then 2004-2010).

VAisForEagleLovers
02-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Well, most of next winter is in 2015! I meant 'our' winter. I was thinking Dec. of this year or early next year. But who knows?

Houston Baby
02-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Oh, I sure wish I could join you Soda!! Have a wonderful time time!!! Maybe I will just blow off my brother's birthday & stow away on one of the EAGLES' trucks. :wink:

Freypower
02-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Well, most of next winter is in 2015! I meant 'our' winter. I was thinking Dec. of this year or early next year. But who knows?

I know you meant December 2014- January 2015, and I don't think they will come here until around November - December 2015, if then. They have never actually played any shows here in January. It's a slow time of year.

sodascouts
02-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Oh, I sure wish I could join you Soda!! Have a wonderful time time!!! Maybe I will just blow off my brother's birthday & stow away on one of the EAGLES' trucks. :wink:

The hotel room fits two in case you get crazy! ;)

shunlvswx
02-22-2014, 08:49 AM
Have fun tomorrow night, Soda. I hate it didn't work out for me. I just couldn't make it happen again. This is the third time I missed them again.

I really hope they are touring next year since they said the tour winding down this summer. Maybe I can catch a Don solo show.

sodascouts
02-22-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm off to NOLA! Hopefully I'll have a fun night before the show tomorrow.

Wish you were coming, shun and HB! :(

shunlvswx
02-22-2014, 10:24 AM
I wish too, Soda.

Safe travel to NOLA. I will wave to you from Jackson.

sad-cafe
02-22-2014, 08:19 PM
oh have fun!

so wish we had gone to Vegas.

MaryCalifornia
02-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Have fun and be safe, Soda! :wave: Can't wait to hear about it.:band:

Houston Baby
02-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Safe travels Soda!! So wish I could join you! You are going to have a blast!!

Glennsallnighter
02-23-2014, 04:23 AM
Have fun Soda! Wish I could go too!

Tiffanny Twisted
02-23-2014, 09:00 AM
Have a blast nancy:partytime:

Ive always been a dreamer
02-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Hope you have an awesome time at the show, Soda.

new orlwans baby
02-23-2014, 03:21 PM
i am going to the concert in new orleans tonight and am soooooo excited!!! have had the tickets for a long time!! i am most thrilled about seeing joe walsh on stage. i have always loved him even during his James Gang and Room Trashing days. seriously,,,, can not get much cooler than JOE FIDLER WALSH!!! The Eagles were so lucky to have Joe come on board!!! I have read all kind of reviews of this tour( mostly favorable) and can hardly wait for this evening, an evening that i know , wont want to end!! hmmmmm, who knows i may even drive to atlanta to see my sister AND THE EAGLES!!!!!

Brooke
02-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Have fun tonight, nob! Please come back and give us a review!

And welcome to the Border!

Jane B.
02-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Soda, hope you have a wonderful time! Looking forward to hearing ALL the details! Have Fun & Have a drink (or 2) at a New Orleans bar for all of us who are wishing we were there with you! :partytime:

SallyGee
02-23-2014, 08:44 PM
NOB and Soda- I know you will have an awesome time. Enjoy! And blow Timothy a kiss from me!

shunlvswx
02-23-2014, 10:24 PM
The concert should had started now.

Boy I wish I was there. I just couldn't make it happen. :sad: I missed Memphis, Birmingham and now New Orleans. I hope everybody is having fun.