PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

sad-cafe
11-13-2013, 12:31 AM
you are completely unattached so NO repercussions:

You are sitting at a table eating before the Eagles concert tonight. As the gods would have it, the group comes in to eat before the show. They all see you alone at the table and ask to sit with you.

What do you do next?

MaryCalifornia
11-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Stand up and pull out the chair next to me for TBS. Then I would point to him and point to the chair. I am a dork. But this is definitely what I would do.

I introduce myself and ask him if he wants a glass of champagne and he accepts and we are chatting/flirting. Then, I finally look around the table and say, "Oh, what's up, other Eagles?" and they're all jolly. Then I realize I have introduced alcohol into a group where there is a recovering alcoholic, so TBS and I play it cool, while the others have coke and iced tea. By the time they have to leave, Timothy says, "So, what's the plan for after the show?" And the rest is NSFW.

Fin.

[edit so this is more like S-C's]

sad-cafe
11-13-2013, 12:37 AM
my fantasy involves me getting Timothy B to slow dance with me while he sings to me. We make arrangements to meet after the show and as a surprise, he brings me backstage with him to watch during the show. After the show we start walking and talking while he takes me up to his place to show me around. MMMMMM

zeldabjr
11-13-2013, 12:46 AM
well SC the first thing I would do after telling them to come on and join me...is to go up to the bar and grab me a few cocktails!!!...then maybe I would be able to speak coherently to the men sitting with me!!!

Witchy Woman
11-13-2013, 01:41 AM
Say "Hell yeah you can !!" and make sure Don sat next to me !!

sodascouts
11-13-2013, 07:25 AM
I'll tell them to sit right down, try to be as charming and witty as possible, suppress my urge to squee like the fangirl I am, and hope they stay a while!

Brooke
11-13-2013, 11:32 AM
I would say yes, please and then be so nervous I could hardly talk! But I would try! :lol:

randymeisnerrocks
11-13-2013, 12:41 PM
you are completely unattached so NO repercussions:

You are sitting at a table eating before the Eagles concert tonight. As the gods would have it, the group comes in to eat before the show. They all see you alone at the table and ask to sit with you.

What do you do next?

Pass the hell out. That's what I'd do.

The Thrill Is Never Gone
11-13-2013, 12:59 PM
When I get nervous I talk to much. I would probably blabber on and not say anything that made sense. And then I would be embarrassed and my face would turn beet red. And then I would probably just have to get up and walk away before I made a fool out of myself.

sodascouts
11-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Thrill, I can relate to that so much it was almost painful to read!

The Thrill Is Never Gone
11-13-2013, 01:54 PM
So I am not the only one. Thank goodness. I thought I was the only babbling fool.

sad-cafe
11-13-2013, 09:43 PM
So I am not the only one. Thank goodness. I thought I was the only babbling fool.

Oh no, I do it too. I get nervous when it is quiet. I talk a LOT! When I was in like 3rd or 4th grade, my teacher thought I was to social so she moved my desk next to hers. What did I do? Well I just talked to her

The Thrill Is Never Gone
11-13-2013, 09:47 PM
My desk got moved to the front a couple of times, too. But I was never brave enough to talk to the teacher.

sad-cafe
11-13-2013, 09:52 PM
My desk got moved to the front a couple of times, too. But I was never brave enough to talk to the teacher.

I guess I like to talk :)

Now as a teacher myself, I get back what I did to my teacher. I have some very talkative students :shrug:

The Thrill Is Never Gone
11-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Pay backs are hell!!!

Elizasong
11-13-2013, 10:26 PM
I would be a combination of Witchy Woman and Brooke!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-14-2013, 01:42 PM
I'd probably have to excuse myself to go to the Ladies Room to clean up as a result of peeing in my pants. :shock: Hopefully, when I return all freshened up, we can all share a glass of wine (cranberry juice for Joe, please) and have some peaceful, easy conversation while we make plans for after the show. :nod:

Houston Debutante
11-14-2013, 03:54 PM
I would be all a-tremble, but I'd be telling them to sit themselves right down, drinks on me!

WalshFan88
11-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Have them sit down, of course. ;)

Perhaps be a little excited..... Talk to Joe about guitars. Tell them to have a good show. And then go post on Facebook. ;)

Midnight Visitor
11-16-2013, 12:03 PM
I would look up at Joe and say, "How, ya doin'!?!" Then I'd proceed to talk to him non-stop trying to get every positive thought I've ever had about him, his music, his will power, etc.... I would bathe him in praise. I imagine around that time the other 3 would have gotten bored and wondered off leaving poor Joe alone with me. Maybe he'd wonder off too.... I can talk pretty fast when I get excited!!

Prettymaid
11-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Just the opposite, I would be fairly quiet, but adding to the conversation here and there, just so they don't think I'm rude. BTW, I'm not rude, just a little socially inept. :blush:

Houston Debutante
11-20-2013, 03:24 PM
I would buy them whatever they wanted to drink and plenty of it! Food too. Anything to keep them there and talking!

Outlawman13
11-20-2013, 11:11 PM
I would let them sit down with me and try so hard not to pass out or say something stupid. Buy them everything and anything they wanted and have an amazing time just talking and laughing!!!

Thirsty&Hot
11-21-2013, 08:23 PM
wellll
I've never fainted in my life, but I would probably faint!
when I came to, well I would definitely have them join me of course!
and then one of two things would happen...either I wouldn't be able to talk much for fear of saying something silly. OR
you couldn't shut me up and I say lots of silly things! haha
especially if I've already had a drink...the latter is more likely to happen...it also happens when I'm really excited which the EAGLES definitely do to me haha

and then of course I would try to hook up with Glenn haha

Thirsty&Hot
11-21-2013, 08:24 PM
This sounds like me, and try to extend the gathering as long as possible and hopefully get invited to the 3E party later!

3E hell yeah...Spread Eagle baby!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
11-21-2013, 10:03 PM
First of all, I would have to try really hard to keep myself from screaming or fainting and then I would definitely have them sit with me. I would probably tell them they're awesome over and over and talk too much. I also would get their numbers so I could talk to them all the time.:smile:

Stoop1959
11-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Welcome them all, tell them I think they are genius', let them know
they inspire me to play better, what huge fans my wife and
I are, and try not to say anything remotely fanish the rest of
our time together 😎

Prettymaid
11-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Stoop! What a great post to begin your time here! Welcome! I think that would be my goal too...to just talk to them regularly and not like a fangirl!

Do you play guitar?

Thirsty&Hot
11-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Welcome Stoop!

actually yes...I have met a lot of "famous" people and I pretty much always try to act normal with them..like they are just any other person

which reminds me of this hehe
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/tumblr_mike4oL74F1r04bgzo1_250_zpsb7b3bd7a.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/tumblr_mike4oL74F1r04bgzo1_250_zpsb7b3bd7a.gif.htm l)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/tumblr_mike4oL74F1r04bgzo2_250_zps738b088c.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/tumblr_mike4oL74F1r04bgzo2_250_zps738b088c.gif.htm l)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/tumblr_mike4oL74F1r04bgzo3_250_zpsbc1cd3e7.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/tumblr_mike4oL74F1r04bgzo3_250_zpsbc1cd3e7.gif.htm l)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/songbirdreleased/Eagles%20etc/tumblr_mike4oL74F1r04bgzo4_250_zps5b48f3fd.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/songbirdreleased/media/Eagles%20etc/tumblr_mike4oL74F1r04bgzo4_250_zps5b48f3fd.gif.htm l)

but it's a little hard to act completely normal when it's someone you are so consumed by that you join a fan forum to talk about them. haha

Prettymaid
11-21-2013, 11:39 PM
T&H, we have a thread for that! :hilarious:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2111

Seriously, I would love to hear your stories of meeting famous people!

Brooke
11-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Welcome Stoop! Great thoughts there! I wish I would be able to compose myself, but I'd probably go mute!

And T&H, thanks for the video clips from the doc there! You all know I'm madly in love with those clips! Glenn is just hilarious and it cracks me up every time I see them! Plus he looks divine even if he is wasted! :faint:

Thirsty&Hot
11-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Welcome Stoop! Great thoughts there! I wish I would be able to compose myself, but I'd probably go mute!

And T&H, thanks for the video clips from the doc there! You all know I'm madly in love with those clips! Glenn is just hilarious and it cracks me up every time I see them! Plus he looks divine even if he is wasted! :faint:

hehe i know! me too! I giggle so much every single time! he's so adorable!