PDA

View Full Version : 20th year Anniversary of the Eagles reuniting for the Take It Easy video.

shunlvswx
12-06-2013, 02:33 PM
I just saw at the bottom that today is 20th year anniversary of The Eagles reuniting for the video of Take It Easy With Travis Tritt. Or this case the start of Hell Froze Over after they said they will "never" get back together. Thank goodness everybody got their stuff together to reunite and then to start the actually reunion 4 months later.

I remembered when this video first came out. I was becoming country music fan and I remembered seeing these guys with Travis.

I guess we don't know how the ball got rolling, but thank you Travis for asking the guys to be in your video and probably Irving getting the ball rolling. Can you imagine the guys not agreeing to do this. We probably wouldn't have the Eagles today. Well I think we still would, but much later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFbCOA0C-1c

bluefeather
12-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Hooray!:)

zeldabjr
12-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I keep watching this video..can't believe it's 20 years...I remember when I bought the Common Thread CD thinking...what a shame we'll never see these guys again, they were so great!...lol

Freypower
12-06-2013, 05:14 PM
For future reference anniversaries of this type are usually celebrated in this topic:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421

randymeisnerrocks
12-06-2013, 11:41 PM
I loved those boys in their flannel and they all looked great! I think about Timmy in HOTE saying, "Guys...Come on..." and I have to laugh. He strikes me as a peacemaker.

zeldabjr
12-07-2013, 12:49 AM
it's funny you mention that RMR..because I think of him saying that every time I see this video too!

WalshFan88
12-07-2013, 10:14 AM
I love Travis Tritt and this video is great and glad it helped bring the band back together!

secret squirrel
12-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Classic Rock sent this:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-reunion-travis-tritt/

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/poco-versus-eagles-to-every-thing-there.html

Roxy's Eyes
12-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Celebrating this by buying the Common Thread CD.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
12-08-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm so glad that the Eagles got back together otherwise they wouldn't have made the documentary and I would never have discovered them. Then I wouldn't get to listen to their amazing music and wouldn't have got to see them twice in concert. My life would be horrible without them.;-) Thank God they got back together!

Ive always been a dreamer
12-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Celebrating this by buying the Common Thread CD.

Excellent choice Roxy!

Thank God they got back together!

And a huge AMEN to that! :thumbsup:

randymeisnerrocks
12-09-2013, 12:34 AM
I'm so glad that the Eagles got back together otherwise they wouldn't have made the documentary and I would never have discovered them. Then I wouldn't get to listen to their amazing music and wouldn't have got to see them twice in concert. My life would be horrible without them.;-) Thank God they got back together!

I second that emotion!

Keith
12-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks for posting that video shunlvswx. I probably haven't watched it since it came out. Great to see it again.

bluefeather
12-10-2013, 04:41 PM
I think about Timmy in HOTE saying, "Guys...Come on..." and I have to laugh. He strikes me as a peacemaker.

Agreed! One of my favorite moments in the doc:D

Tiffanny Twisted
12-11-2013, 08:32 PM
I so love this video and see something different every time I watch it.
I love how TBS and Gf are chummy.
I love that JW is being JW.

But my fave is the butt shot of Glen sugar pie Frye .
I would take a walk on the wild side and follow that butt anywhere. lol

God bless Travis Tritt for making it all possible

Oh Yeah and that's 4,000 posts for me folks. :computer:
glad it was on such an important subject like the Take it Easy video and the common thread cd and of course...Gf and his butt:hilarious:

sodascouts
12-11-2013, 09:42 PM
CONGRATS ON FOUR GRAND, TT!!!!

Long may you post!

:cheers:

Brooke
12-12-2013, 11:23 AM
CONGRATS ON 4000 POSTS, TT!

Thanks for hanging with us and keep on postin'! :computer:

And I will 'amen' your blessing of Travis Tritt! :thumbsup:

bluefeather
12-12-2013, 12:41 PM
:hilarious::hilarious: congrats TT!

luna65
12-20-2013, 02:22 AM
I watched this just the other day (after not seeing it for years) and it's always one detail that tends to pull my focus...this time it was Don, he looks so intense (as usual) playing pool, I had to laugh. And then the whole staged fracas with the 5-0, I was thinking Joe must have done that one reaction for the simple reason that his fans would immediately assume that he would actually do such a thing; too funny!

And I love that shot with Timothy and Glenn, it's just so adorable. :inlove:

I'm one of those old cane-waving types when it comes to Country; if it's after, say, 1978 then I tend to get cranky. But it is fitting that a tribute album be in that idiom.

The Thrill Is Never Gone
12-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Yes I think that we are all glad they got back together. The song pushed them over the edge.

Tiffanny Twisted
12-20-2013, 12:12 PM
this video makes me laugh and mile everytime I see it and will be forever greatful to Travis Tritt and love the glenn butt shot :faint:

shunlvswx
12-06-2016, 10:09 AM
As we kinda brought closure and close the door to what would probably be the last time we ever see the guys together as one this past weekend(well until the 27th for us as we see it on tv), we opened a new door 23 years ago as the Long Run lineup took part in Travis Tritt's music video of Take It Easy.

I am very thankful for Travis bringing up a crazy idea that the record company laughed at and thought the guys wouldn't agree to it. A crazy idea which did happen and he brought the guys back together and led to the HFO special 4 months later.

If It wasn't for him(and probably Irving too), we wouldn't have that wonderful 22 year crazy ride. A ride that last longer than the first ride. Or what Don said in HOTE:

"There's been a lot of conjecture about how and why we got back together. We began to realise that we'd been away for 14 years. Maybe we could have that rarest of things in American life, which is a second act. You know, a second chance.

We don't know if the guys would had gotten back together. Maybe they would had. Maybe it would had been many years later. We just don't know, but I'm very thankful for those 22 years we had with the guys as a group. I'm happy and grateful for that second act and second chance."

Freypower
12-06-2016, 04:44 PM
I am still hoping that if they do a tribute show for Glenn we will indeed see them alll together again.

WalshFan88
12-07-2016, 09:58 PM
From a purely guitar nerd standpoint, I've always hated how the guitar player on record slid UP to the notes, as opposed to a more pedal steel like bending up to them. That, plus the chorus effect (which was slathered on country back then) is offputting. But Travis sings it so well and the fact it brought the guys together is a good thing. But every time I hear that intro riff of TT's version I cringe slightly (ok, a lot, lol).

chaim
12-07-2016, 10:45 PM
From a purely guitar nerd standpoint, I've always hated how the guitar player on record slid UP to the notes, as opposed to a more pedal steel like bending up to them. That, plus the chorus effect (which was slathered on country back then) is offputting. But Travis sings it so well and the fact it brought the guys together is a good thing. But every time I hear that intro riff of TT's version I cringe slightly (ok, a lot, lol).

Well, this is what often irritates me, especially when the original thing really works. I'm not talking about the Eagles, but every band/guitarist in the world. It seems to me that when you play a song another guitarist originally played, there are certain things you just HAVE to do to "make it your own":

1) If the original guitarist bent a note, slide it up or do a hammer-on
2) If the original guitarist slid up a note, bend it or do a hammer-on
3) If the original guitarist did a hammer-on, slide it up or bend it
4) To add more feeling and more of your "personal touch", play every second note a little late.

WHATEVER YOU DO, don't EVER do the same thing the original guitarist did, however beautiful the original performance was.