PDA

View Full Version : Is your Walmart still selling The Eagles music

shunlvswx
12-28-2013, 12:02 PM
I went to WalMart last night to buy Don's CD "The End of the Innocence" that I found a month ago, but I couldn't find it(maybe it wasn't that Walmart I saw it at). So I went over to the CD section to see if they had it over there. Well I was shocked to find lots of copies of Long Road Out of Eden (I would say maybe 20 copies). Then I found Hotel California, Hell Freezes Over, The Very Best of The Eagles and their Greatest Hits 1 and 2 CDs. I was shocked that they were still selling their CDs even after years since LROE came out. I guess they still have a deal with Walmart to sell their music. Plus I notice over the years that some artists (From years past) CDs are not sold at the stores anymore and you can only buy it online from stores' website.

Is your Walmart still selling their CDs?

I probably buy the LROE, Hotel California and The Very Best of the Eagles very soon. I got HFO for Christmas.

VAisForEagleLovers
12-28-2013, 01:09 PM
With HOTE on Showtime reminding casual fans how much they like the Eagles their music is selling again. Several of them go in and out of Billboard 200 lately. I saw a few CDs at Best Buy last fall.

Witchy Woman
12-28-2013, 01:18 PM
I know my Best Buy still carries them. My Walmart does too. If you have a Big Lots around you Shun they have The End Of The Innocence for 5 bucks. I was shocked (and a little saddened) to see it there when I stopped by a few weeks ago.

shunlvswx
12-28-2013, 01:24 PM
I do have Big Lots. I will check it out. Thanks for that information, WW.

I know how you feel, WW. I was shocked to even find Don's CD at Walmart and for $5.00. I should had gotten it that day I found it. I saw a lot of CDs from years ago in the $5.00 bin at Walmart. I'm still kicking myself. I should had gotten it that day I found it.

I haven't been to Best Buy lately. So I will check them out too to see if they have it here.

luna65
12-28-2013, 02:44 PM
With HOTE on Showtime reminding casual fans how much they like the Eagles their music is selling again.
Yeah there's nothing like a tie-in to get the back catalog moving again!

I guess I'll have to go check the next time I go into Wally World; admittedly I do all my music buying online or at one of my local indie record stores, I like to support them when I can.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
12-29-2013, 06:19 PM
I looked at Walmart and they didn't have any Eagles CD's. I found most of my Eagles CD's at Meijer. I really wanted LROOE but no local stores had it so my mom ordered it online for me for Christmas.

sodascouts
12-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Continuing my theme of giving the gift of Eagles.... I got my cousin and her wife an Eagles CD from Best Buy. It was possible others were sold out, but what they had was the Greatest Hits, Very Best of the Eagles, and Hotel California. They were sold out of the History of the Eagles DVDs, but they were definitely stocking them. Walmart isn't the only store with Eagles! The solo work is another matter.

Zanny Kingston
12-29-2013, 07:50 PM
My local WalMart was were I was recently able to get LROE. I noticed they also had the greatest hits and the Very best of the Eagles as well.

My husband told me that he got the last copy of the HOTE documentary for me at our local Best Buy for Christmas. He did tell me that they had some Eagles CD's there as well but he was not sure what I had and did not have so he chose to buy me the HOTE blue ray instead. I loved the '77 concert DVD that came with it!!

At this point, I am only missing a couple CD's of the original Eagles Albums. t I am finding that I am going to have to order them on line as I have been looking for them at all my local stores that sell CD's. - Walmart, Target, Best Buy etc.

HenleyFan1971
12-29-2013, 08:35 PM
I got a new EOTI at local store called Fry's Elecrtronics I think there are only in California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah got it for 5.00 they had some eagles CD's and Glenn Frey also there plus the HOTE was there also :yay:

luna65
12-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Yeah I have a Fry's not too far from where I work; I prefer to buy DVDs there because they have a better selection than any of the other big box stores, if I don't want to buy online, that is.

sodascouts
12-29-2013, 10:37 PM
There's at least one Fry's in the Houston area, too; I shopped there for electronics and computer components on occasion when I lived in Texas. Great store. Never checked out their DVDs and CDs, though!