PDA

View Full Version : How Long

Pages : 1 [2]

shunlvswx
12-21-2013, 08:25 PM
I love love love this song. I didn't know they did this song back in the 70s until I saw it in the documentary. I think this is the song that finally got me to love their music. The documentary put the ribbon on the package.

I remembered I was looking forward to the guys singing it at the CMAs the year it came out. Of course I was thinking, why were the guys at a country music awards show. You have to remember I didn't know their early days was country rock.

I love the whole circle dark spotlight with Joe only playing the guitar and then the guys outside their trailers playing the guitar.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-10-2014, 04:04 PM
And now it's time to revive this thread in honor of the 6th anniversary of How Long winning a 2008 Grammy for Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals. It goes without saying that I concur with the Grammy voters' decision. Soda, Donfan, and I were lucky enough to attend the CMAs in November, 2007 to see the band perform the song live for the first time, so I was, obviously, delighted when this won the award a few months later. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Brooke
02-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Wow, I can't believe it's been that long! 6 years?!

Time for a new album! <:dreaming smilie:>

sodascouts
02-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Oh yeah, seeing them at the CMAs was something else!

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Maybe they will bring out a live DVD of the HOTE show. The demand would definitely be there for it!!

Houston Baby
02-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah, seeing them at the CMAs was something else!

I can imagine!! How awesome!!! :headbang:

shunlvswx
11-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Since there's no thread for CMA performance, I'm just going to put it here.

Happy 10th Anniversary to the guys performing How Long at the CMAs.

New Kid In Town
11-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Shun - Thanks for the Anniversary reminder ! I love this song too. I really love the "rocker" version they did in the early 70's. It can be seen on YT during the Holland concert footage. I love both versions though.

BillBailey1976
11-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Shun - Thanks for the Anniversary reminder ! I love this song too. I really love the "rocker" version they did in the early 70's. It can be seen on YT during the Holland concert footage. I love both versions though.

I prefer the old version too. I loved that all 4 of them sang lead at some point in that version. It was a great song to showcase 4 lead singers.

Freypower
11-08-2017, 05:29 PM
I prefer the old version too. I loved that all 4 of them sang lead at some point in that version. It was a great song to showcase 4 lead singers.

Which part did Bernie sing?

Delilah
11-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Which part did Bernie sing?

“muddy river runs so deep”