PDA

View Full Version : Concert Posters Rec'd Out of The Blue!!

KellyGal
02-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post, although I've been a huge fan since 1972. Hubby and I were fortunate to snag 9th row floor seats to the opening night, Jan. 15 at the Forum in Los Angeles.

He'd "liked" the fan site and was among the lucky ducks who was selected to buy tix even before presale.

That said, we just rec'd a cardboard tube in the mail, not even knowing what it was, from a company called Music Today

Imagine our delight and some confusion--as we never ordered these--to find inside TWO commemorative Eagles posters with the Forum dates and image printed on them.

Has anyone else received these?

He is waiting for his CC statement to see if he got charged for them somehow.

Not that I'm complaining if they're free...

Thanks in advance!

KellyGal

BTW, the show was my first Eagles concert and his second-he saw them in 1975 and said this show was even better. I'm still suffering from post-concert depression!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Wow! Congrats, and I hope it's all legit and free! Welcome to The Border, and thanks for giving us the 'like'. We hope you stick around!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Welcome KG - These are legit. They were promised to fans as part of the ticket deal for this show. I got mine over a week ago so it seem as if they are slowly getting them mailed out to those who bought the fan package.

Glad you loved the show and we know all about post-concert depression - or PEW (Post Eagles Withdrawal) as we call it around here. Happy posting here on The Border.

Tiffanny Twisted
02-08-2014, 08:04 PM
welcome to the border
may you enjoy your time with us here:rockguitar: tt

sodascouts
02-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Welcome! I'm still waiting for my poster. Did it come USPS?

Houston Baby
02-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Would someone be able to post a photo of the poster? Is it the one they were selling at The Forum?

KellyGal
02-09-2014, 01:47 AM
Houston Baby,

Sorry I don't have my iPhone right now...

The posters are small, maybe 12x16? Anyway, they're printed on ivory paper and show the HOTE skull in pencil drawn form and in gold printing "The Eagles" and the "grand Re-opening" of the Forum plus the Jan. 2014 dates.

The actual posters sold at the Forum were a limited edition run of 750 and each one was numbered. They show the Eagles band name, the forum and the show dates.

I'll post pics as soon as I get my phone back.

To all the posters who welcomed me, THANK YOU!!! I fear this may be the only time I was able to see the boys unless they circle back to L.A. and so I count myself lucky.

Cheers,
KG

KellyGal
02-09-2014, 01:48 AM
Soda,

Yes, it came USPS in a sturdy tube. We received two posters...don't know if that equates to the number of tickets that were bought, we bought 2.

Cheers,
KG

Jane B.
02-09-2014, 03:47 AM
I received my 2 posters yesterday, too...! As I said in my earlier post, I'd worried about not receiving them so I bought one at the 1/15 Forum show and now I've ended up with 3! :smokin: Very happy to have them and will frame and hang them all! I'm experiencing post-concert blues these days...I'd looked so forward to seeing the Eagles at that opening show and wish I could plan for another show soon, but need to save up some money first! Glad the poster issue's been resolved, and that the Eagles and Ticketmaster came through with these nice souvenirs for everyone!

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Welcome Kelly! I'm looking forward to seeing your posters when you show us the pics. I'm so glad you enjoyed your first concert so much. We call the standard depression we feel here when a show is over 'post Eagles Withdrawal' (PEW). The best cure is to listen to their music and book the next concert!

I got back from my NYC concerts on 11/11. I didn't have time for PEW, because later that day they announced their European (and Dublin) dates!!

Now I'm just wondering. This is a big 'if'. But if anyone who went to more than one show on this package gets two sets of posters as a result I would be prepared to buy one set off them. Just saying. In case.......

Houston Baby
02-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Thank you so much for the reply KG! You described it very well.

And WELCOME!!

Hope you plan to stay around & join in the fun. Being on THE BORDER does help with the PEW.
:headbang:

Jane B.
02-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Glennsallnighter: If you'd like one of the "free" posters that were mailed to everyone who was at the 1/15 Forum show, I'd be happy to send you my extra one - I received 2 in the mail, since we'd bought 2 tickets! (I know I said I'd frame all 3 of them, but I'm fine with the one I bought and this free one...!) I still have the mailing tube that it came in, so if you'd like me to mail it to you, it's yours! I don't know how to do the thing with exchanging personal mailing addresses and all that, so please let me know instructions. I'd love that it went to a fan!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-10-2014, 01:01 AM
Would someone be able to post a photo of the poster? Is it the one they were selling at The Forum?

HB - The poster is too big to scan and I triedto take a picture of it, but couldn't get a decent shot that would work.

In any event, I am going to mail you one of the ones I received since you were the owner of my second ticket. I'll try to get it mailed to you sometime this week.

Houston Baby
02-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Thank you so much Dreamer! I can't wait to see it! BTW, it was an absolute blast sitting with you at the concert! I think I might have gotten some overflow Glenntact there with you! :headbang:

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Glennsallnighter: If you'd like one of the "free" posters that were mailed to everyone who was at the 1/15 Forum show, I'd be happy to send you my extra one - I received 2 in the mail, since we'd bought 2 tickets! (I know I said I'd frame all 3 of them, but I'm fine with the one I bought and this free one...!) I still have the mailing tube that it came in, so if you'd like me to mail it to you, it's yours! I don't know how to do the thing with exchanging personal mailing addresses and all that, so please let me know instructions. I'd love that it went to a fan!

Thanks Jane, I would really appreciate that. I will pm you with the details.