PDA

View Full Version : Eagles - Victim of Love - Critical listening question

dds
03-17-2014, 09:28 AM
I was doing some critical listening of some Eagles recordings and noticed on two different systems that the vocals for "Victim of Love" are sometimes disturbingly staticky-sounding. At first I thought that there was something going wrong with one of my tweeters, but listening on an entirely different system allowed me to hear the same result.

(Other than that,this recording is pretty incredible sounding! For what it's worth, this is the Victim of Love from the CD version of "Complete Greatest Hits" remastered in 2008.)

Does anyone out there know what might have gone on with this recording that allowed the vocals to sound this way? It's more than Don Henley's raspy voice it seems. Is it a mastering or a miking issue perhaps?

yekrut
03-17-2014, 11:09 AM
It may be that it is the only eagles song recording five piece live.

dds
03-17-2014, 01:30 PM
It may be that it is the only eagles song recording five piece live.

I have read that, but also have read that Henley's vocals were overdubbed.

No matter, though: would you agree that there is something a little more distorted about his vocals on this track when compared to other tracks?

Thanks!

WalshFan88
03-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Not sure on this...when I get home this week I'll take a listen but I haven't heard this before.

sodascouts
03-17-2014, 06:59 PM
I've never noticed anything.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-17-2014, 08:31 PM
Me either, but, I don't have the "Complete Greatest Hits" to compare it with other versions.

Freypower
03-17-2014, 09:40 PM
I have and I have never noticed anything either.

DJ
03-17-2014, 10:56 PM
I'll take a closer listen, I think at one point I did notice something...