sodascouts
03-21-2014, 12:32 AM
Get tickets here: http://eaglesband.com/events/260123

American Express Pre-Sale: March 21st at 10am local market time
Public On-Sale: March 29 at 10am local market time

CenturyLink Center
455 North 10th ST
Omaha , NE 68102

www.centurylinkcenteromaha.com (http://www.centurylinkcenteromaha.com)

Keith
03-22-2014, 06:52 AM
We decided to do one weekend show on this leg of the tour. I wanted to avoid air travel, but as a very rural creature, I viewed MSG and opening night of the new PA arena as too hectic for my taste. I also couldn't resist second row, center stage in Omaha. Can I get a steak there, or are they all vegetarians?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Congrats, Keith!! Sounds like a great seat! I'm sure there will be plenty of good steaks around the town!

sodascouts
03-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Wonderful, Keith! I'm sure you'll have a great time in Omaha!

Keith
03-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Thanks VK & Soda!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-28-2014, 05:39 PM
OK, I bit the bullet and got a 5th row seat for this show, center section. I wanted to do another show, and kept looking at ones in August, but the seats and travel costs weren't working for me. Then I realized that I'm already planning on driving to the Des Moines show the night after this show, and this is just over two hours away. So, might as well make all the driving worth it and do another show! Yes, call me crazy!

sodascouts
06-28-2014, 08:24 PM
Great seat. I'm sure you'll have a great time, too!

Houston Baby
06-28-2014, 09:23 PM
OK, I bit the bullet and got a 5th row seat for this show, center section. I wanted to do another show, and kept looking at ones in August, but the seats and travel costs weren't working for me. Then I realized that I'm already planning on driving to the Des Moines show the night after this show, and this is just over two hours away. So, might as well make all the driving worth it and do another show! Yes, call me crazy!

Ok, crazy! :hilarious:
Sounds like a great plan to me though.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-29-2014, 10:22 AM
this is bad ...your reasoning sounds sane to me crazy:hilarious:

Keith
06-29-2014, 04:56 PM
Good for you VK! I can't call you crazy, considering I used the same logic to catch the two Ohio stops in March! Hope we get to meet you at the preshow.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Good for you VK! I can't call you crazy, considering I used the same logic to catch the two Ohio stops in March! Hope we get to meet you at the preshow.

Looking forward to it, Keith!!

Glennsallnighter
07-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Well done VA! I know you will have a blast!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Sixty days!!!

Victim of Love
07-07-2014, 02:49 PM
I just found out my Mom has been offered a ticket for this show and SHE ISN'T SURE WHETHER TO GO OR NOT! She's going to be travelling between here and Ohio with no time restrictions so to spend the night in Omaha is such a no-brainer. If I didn't have to work I'd willingly take it off her hands!

Houston Baby
07-07-2014, 02:51 PM
It would pretty much be a no-brainer for anyone on this board! :hilarious:
Has your mom ever seen them VOL?

Victim of Love
07-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Many times, HB! Who else from here is going?

Brooke
07-08-2014, 09:54 AM
VoL, that's awesome! Too bad you can't go with her!

Victim of Love
07-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Thanks Brooke...me too. Talked to her lastnight and the reason she's waivering is because it's TWO tickets and she doesn't want to waste one of them. They're front row, Section C -- right in front of Timothy!

Houston Baby
07-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Oh, VOL I'm so sorry you cannot go. I guess no way for you?

Brooke
07-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Oh my heavens, that ticket can't be wasted! Surely she would have a friend that could go? Didn't VA say she was going to this show, but I think she bought a ticket already?

VAisForEagleLovers
07-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Yes, I'm in row 5, but it's center section. A prime spot! 59 days...

Victim of Love
07-08-2014, 06:57 PM
HB, it just doesn't work with our schedule...hubby is on nights that quarter and there's nobody to stay with the kids. Mom is going to be driving west across I-80 which goes right into Omaha and from there it's only about 7-8 hours to get here (she's flying home from here). She's got a family obligation and travelling alone. Bruce (my step-dad) has a work commitment he can't change. It's so frustrating! She would love to go since nobody knows if they are adding more U.S. shows after Australia and New Zealand.:-(

VAisForEagleLovers
07-08-2014, 07:22 PM
VOL, it's a shame that whoever offered your mother the ticket doesn't know of another person to go with her.

Victim of Love
07-08-2014, 08:15 PM
VA, they're all out in California...not exactly a quick trip for any of them.

Houston Baby
07-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Well, I am going to keep my fingers crossed that it works out & your mom gets to go. I know she would love it!

Victim of Love
07-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Thanks HB. It's not as if she hasn't seen them about a hundred times. She and Bruce planned an entire year around the LROOE tour. Atlanta, D.C., Boston, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincy, Denver, Dallas and Houston to name a few that I remember. I know there were more. And they went to 2 HOTE shows at the Forum. It's one of the perks of their semi-retirement!

Kate
07-09-2014, 07:54 AM
VOL. How much does she want for the extra ticket? I might be able to use it. Regardless tho, she is welcome to hang with me and my friends. We r 3 (Old and normal) gals from Iowa and 1 (maybe crazy?) gal from Flordia. I bought 4 VIP. 2nd row secC. MY sis would love to go, I just don't know how much she would be willing to spend.
Kate

Brooke
07-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Well, it sounds like she's a big fan so if it's on her way she should go even if by herself! These Iowa gals sound fun too! Maybe this would work?!

Victim of Love
07-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Kate and Brooke - Had a call from her late last night and she has passed on the proffered tickets. HOWEVER, Bruce didn't want her to miss what could be a last opportunity so be BOUGHT her a single seat - Row 3, Section C (yes Kate, she may be hanging with you after all!). I was really surprised that Ticketmaster still had VIP seats available at this late date!

He also made a room reservation at the Hilton right across the street from the venue (and connected by an enclosed walkway) for Thursday and Friday nights. Two queen beds that she said she's willing to share either or both nights if there is anyone interested and looking for a place to stay. Bruce said it's a '5 year 4 month anniversary gift', even if he can't go!

Kate
07-09-2014, 11:35 AM
VOL.... We are staying at the Hilton too.... We will be arriving sometime on Friday... Depends on when we can get out of here (only little over an hour drive) Have your mom PM me or email me. (I will PM my email to you) I think you said before she is probably our age..
She will enjoy Omaha...
PS... Bruce must be a great guy...
Kate

Victim of Love
07-09-2014, 11:39 AM
VOL.... We are staying at the Hilton too.... We will be arriving sometime on Friday... Depends on when we can get out of here (only little over an hour drive) Have your mom PM me or email me. (I will PM my email to you) I think you said before she is probably our age..
She will enjoy Omaha...
PS... Bruce must be a great guy...
Kate

Kate, she's been to Omaha before and enjoys it. And yes, she is of your generation. And YES, Bruce is a keeper! I'll pass her info on to you and yours to her.

Houston Baby
07-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Bruce definitely sounds like a keeper! What a great guy! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-18-2014, 10:39 PM
49 days!!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-27-2014, 10:22 PM
I finally made my hotel reservations! I thought I had already, but I searched my inbox and couldn't find any reservations. The Hilton is full, so I got the Doubletree a few blocks away.

40 days!!

cynd1231
08-06-2014, 10:19 PM
VA, I'm at the Hilton for Thursday and Friday nights. Would be happy to share the room if you'd rather be right at the venue.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-14-2014, 10:35 PM
22 days!!

cynd1231
08-15-2014, 02:25 PM
21 DAYS

VAisForEagleLovers
08-22-2014, 07:43 AM
14 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's getting real...

DivineDon
08-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Oh, are you going somewhere? :hilarious:

Victim of Love
08-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Good one, DD! Next week at this time I'll be in Ohio for a family wedding and a visit with some old friends. Two weeks from today, I too will be in OMAHA! Bring it on!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-28-2014, 07:48 AM
I got my VIP email this morning for this show! 8 days!!!!

Houston Baby
08-28-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm excited for you VA!! You need this concert with all your job stress.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-28-2014, 03:58 PM
The stress multiplies by the hour, and knowing I'll probably be out of a job or in a job I don't want with poor pay in two weeks is driving me crazy. I'm really looking forward to these concerts.

GlennLover
08-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Woo hoo!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-29-2014, 04:17 PM
One week from tonight!!!!

As some of you know from the 'What's Happening' thread, my windshield got cracked about a month ago. I want to get it replaced before driving so far to this show, but I wanted to wait in case something else flew up from the road and cracked it (at three busted windshields in less than a year, I think it's jinxed or something). Called today, assuming they could do it tomorrow (they usually do same day or day after) and found both their suppliers are out and won't have them until Wednesday. The crack is on the upper right and doesn't affect visibility, but I still would like to have it replaced before making this trip!

Glennsallnighter
08-30-2014, 04:09 PM
I understand VA. It's good to have anything like that sorted and the car as near to perfect as possible before you make a long trip!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-01-2014, 09:49 PM
I hope the next three days fly by as quickly as this holiday weekend did! Three nights from now I'll be halfway to Omaha...

sodascouts
09-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Almost time!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2014, 07:02 AM
Yay!!! :yay: Finishing up the packing now, and then I'll leave from the office later this afternoon. I'll drive 'til I get tired, then continue on tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Kate
09-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Safe Travels. Hope to meet u in Omaha!

Houston Baby
09-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Have a safe trip VA! I don't have to tell you to have fun because I know you will!! ENJOY!! :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
09-04-2014, 09:09 AM
Safe Journey VA! Hope you have a wonderful time.

Brooke
09-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Have fun and safe travels VA! Wish I could meet you in Des Moines, but I guess it's just not meant to be! :sad:

zeldabjr
09-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Safe travels ....and have fun VA...I'm sure the guys will be glad to see you!!!

markatempleton@q.com
09-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Any pre parties or post party locations?

cynd1231
09-04-2014, 05:45 PM
1161OMAHA!!!!! Arrived earlier this afternoon and am all checked in at the Hilton. Just had a text from Kate -- looking forward to meeting her and friends tomorrow. VA, drive carefully. If anyone else is here, message me. Right now, going to get something to eat.

Update: Went out for a walk to stretch my legs and see what was shaking in the neighborhood. A couple of really nice security guards let me cut thru the back parking lot on my way to the River Walk. I was surprised to only see about a dozen semis and told them it appeared the Eagles HADN'T landed. They rolled their eyes and said the main stage was under construction and they're expected 18-22 more trucks throughout the night and in the early morning. They told me they'd be back on duty at 5 a.m. and I could stroll thru around 8:00 just to see how much heavy equipment is parked out back.

sodascouts
09-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Have fun, everyone!

MaryCalifornia
09-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Woo Hoo VA, Cynd, Keith, Mark (welcome) and Kate!! Can't wait to hear about your experiences!! MC :jealous:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-05-2014, 12:57 AM
I made it as far as Independence MO, about 20 miles east of Kansas City. Three hours away from Omaha.

zeldabjr
09-05-2014, 02:16 AM
have fun everyone going tonight!!! can't wait to hear about it...and hope you can get some pics!

Houston Baby
09-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Have a WONDERFUL time everyone!!! :partytime:

Report back soon!

Brooke
09-05-2014, 10:04 AM
HAVE FUN EVERYONE!

Can't wait to hear all about it! :partytime::partytime::partytime:

UndertheWire
09-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Update: Went out for a walk to stretch my legs and see what was shaking in the neighborhood. A couple of really nice security guards let me cut thru the back parking lot on my way to the River Walk. I was surprised to only see about a dozen semis and told them it appeared the Eagles HADN'T landed. They rolled their eyes and said the main stage was under construction and they're expected 18-22 more trucks throughout the night and in the early morning. They told me they'd be back on duty at 5 a.m. and I could stroll thru around 8:00 just to see how much heavy equipment is parked out back.
If you do, get a picture. I was amazed at how many trucks they had for the UK tour and I wish I'd taken a picture. Of course, what I'd really like is a tour with someone explaining how the whole operation works and if it could include the sound check, even better.

Houston Baby
09-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Yes Cynd1231, maybe you could bribe the security guys with breakfast and/or snacks and they would let you into sound check. :thumbsup:

cynd1231
09-05-2014, 12:33 PM
HB, security was less cooperative this morning but I expected that despite the fact that I had coffee for them, LOL. But they were very chatty! Four more trucks arrived overnight. They said the equipment and Eagles road crew flew in Wednesday morning and were met at the airport with local trucks and crew an they're staying here at the Hilton. But they were anticipating the arrival of 3-4 more trucks, which should be there by now. They also shared that the guys are due to arrive between 2-3 p.m. and will be in the building until after the concert. To think the arena is less than 50 feet outside the front door and we have to wait till 5:30 for entry is criminal!

Anyway, one of the security guards pointed out the door where they'll enter, winked and said, "There's a great view of that door from the Riverwalk." However, a couple of issues: the weather is changing and suppose to rain, it' s quite a hike to the right spot on the Riverwalk, and when you think about it only thing I would see is some vehicles with very dark, tinted windows pulling into the tunnel, LOL! Besides, Kate is due in around 2:00.

SO glad I opted for the Hilton since it's adjacent to the arena. Kate is staying here, and although I offered to share my room with VA, she's down the street. I hope she got a good night's sleep after that drive yesterday. That's a long haul. Hopefully we can get a few pictures at the VIP Party ... and maybe sneak in a few late in the concert. (Security told me they hired 25 additional bodies to act as Photo Police on the main floor so it's not going to be an easy feat.)

VAisForEagleLovers
09-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Sorry, Z, I won't even try for a pic unless they specifically invite us to take them, which won't happen.

I'm all checked in. Kind of rainy out so I'm torn between using their shuttle bus tonight and walking a block in possible rain or driving. Hmmm. It's cold here, too.

cynd1231
09-05-2014, 01:58 PM
VA, the weather has deteriorated since I got here yesterday. It was 94 and humid, perfect lastnight, cooler but moderate this morning. It's gone downhill since about 9:30 this morning. I can't believe the difference in the temp from yesterday.

You're welcome to come down to the Hilton early and hang.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-05-2014, 02:31 PM
VA, the weather has deteriorated since I got here yesterday. It was 94 and humid, perfect lastnight, cooler but moderate this morning. It's gone downhill since about 9:30 this morning. I can't believe the difference in the temp from yesterday.

You're welcome to come down to the Hilton early and hang.

I started the day in Kansas City with the AC on and about 1.5 hours later I realized the heat was on... I might have to wear my Eagles sweatshirt! I can always stuff it in the VIP bag, assuming they still give those out.

cynd1231
09-05-2014, 02:51 PM
VA, they'd better be giving us our VIP bags! If I was feeling more ambitious I'd stroll over to the Riverwalk again (since the drizzle has stopped for the moment). The guys should be arriving any time now.

Glennsallnighter
09-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Enjoy VA and Cynd!!