PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at MSG, NY, NY - 9/18/14

VAisForEagleLovers
04-02-2014, 10:36 PM
No ticket info yet, but Glenn mentioned it in an interview.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-01-2014, 07:14 PM
FINALLY on the Eagles page and on Ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.com/history-of-the-eagles-new-york-new-york-09-18-2014/event/1D004C7C7A8A57C6?artistid=734977&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1).

Amex Presale starts Monday, 5/05, general public Saturday, 5/10.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-01-2014, 07:16 PM
I was beginning to give up on them ever posting this! I was seriously considering going to this, but I was hoping they'd announce a few other shows at the same time. Still, I probably shouldn't plan on going to more than the Des Moines show, since I very definitely won't have my job after 9/15. A responsible adult would wait to find out they have another job behind it before buying more tickets. It remains to be seen if I'm a responsible adult...

Houston Baby
05-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah, that "being responsible" sometimes gets in the way of having fun! I would love to go to the San Diego concert but I decided it was not the responsible thing to do. :-( But then again ......

Glennsallnighter
05-02-2014, 09:08 AM
I was beginning to give up on them ever posting this! I was seriously considering going to this, but I was hoping they'd announce a few other shows at the same time. Still, I probably shouldn't plan on going to more than the Des Moines show, since I very definitely won't have my job after 9/15. A responsible adult would wait to find out they have another job behind it before buying more tickets. It remains to be seen if I'm a responsible adult...

I doubt you will ever be a responsible adult when it comes to Glenn :heart: and the Eagles VA.

I'd really love to stay on a few days and go to this one too, but I genuinely can't see it happening.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-02-2014, 01:06 PM
The other concern, for me, is that if I start a new job immediately, that would effective 9/16, and it's doubtful I'd have any vacation accrued by 9/18!

Houston Baby
05-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Make that part of the job negotiations, tell them you already have a planned family commitment. After all, these guys are family to us!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Well, the customer went a little crazy this evening, so I can't sit at home until 10:01 and get tickets on Monday. Have a meeting first thing Monday morning and even if I could buy tickets at work, and I can't, I'll be in a stressful meeting muttering 'Take It Easy' ten times a second.

Freypower
05-03-2014, 12:49 AM
http://eaglesband.com/news/209523

Tickets go on sale to the public beginning Saturday, May 10 at 10 AM through LiveNation.com (http://www.livenation.com/), Ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/), at all Ticketmaster locations, through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and Ticketmaster Express at 866-448-7849 (automated only self-service line).

Advanced tickets for the concert will go on sale to American Express® Cardmembers beginning Monday, May 5 at 10AM through Friday, May 9 at 10 PM.

Glennsallnighter
05-03-2014, 03:48 AM
You could try the MSG website later in the day VA. That's what Desperada did (a few days later) and she got row 2. Not VIP. But still very good at about a VIP price.

And I'd agree with HB. Most jobs would give leeway on the 'prior family commitment' excuse. You weren't to know when you decided to go to NY that your job would change????

Ive always been a dreamer
05-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Yep - I agree too. Since I'm an independent contractor and change jobs rather frequently, I've had to invoke the 'prior commitment' statute a number of times. Actually, I may have to do it again with these upcoming shows. My current contract is due to expire on 8/1, but there seems to be an increasingly strong probability that it could be extended into September. If that happens, and I decide I want to stay on the project, I'll be pulling this little trick out of the hat again for sure. You can even take the 'family' part out of it or just say 'travel plans'. Unless it's a real show-stopper, my experience has been that most employers are more than willing to work with you, especially if you tell them up front. :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Well, everyone at work knows of my love for the Eagles, and even if I planned on going to the beach, they'd assume I'd be going to a concert! I would be allowed the time off, no problem. But I wouldn't have any vacation time accrued with a new company, so it wouldn't be paid. Plus, this new job isn't a given, so I have to think about spending the money. I guess it'll come down to...if I can get a good ticket since I can't buy one until after 5pm.

klmeps
05-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Did anyone try to buy VIP tickets in the Amex presale today? My friend in California and I both got on the second they went onsale and were told that due to high demand, there were no tickets available. (we were trying for front row). I go on Stub hub now and they have 14 seats in the front row in Section B for sale, anywhere from $2000 to $11,000 a ticket. How the heck did brokers get all of these, and if they are the VIP tickets, I thought they weren't able to sell them because you have to pick them up at the dinner. I am so angry I want to contact someone but don't know who!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-05-2014, 07:54 PM
Did anyone try to buy VIP tickets in the Amex presale today? My friend in California and I both got on the second they went onsale and were told that due to high demand, there were no tickets available. (we were trying for front row). I go on Stub hub now and they have 14 seats in the front row in Section B for sale, anywhere from $2000 to $11,000 a ticket. How the heck did brokers get all of these, and if they are the VIP tickets, I thought they weren't able to sell them because you have to pick them up at the dinner. I am so angry I want to contact someone but don't know who!

I'll see if I still have the phone number of one of Ticketmaster's executives. If I do, it's somewhere in my truck. If I were you, I'd keep my eye out on TM, it may have been a mistake. They sell them at four times their price on Stubhub before the presale date and it may have been a technical issue.

I didn't try for VIP or any other ticket. After all the stress of having to be in the customer's office this morning, so I couldn't stay here to buy the ticket, the customer didn't come in today! It was all for naught....

Houston Baby
05-05-2014, 08:24 PM
klmeps - I'm sorry to hear this. I would be so mad & frustrated too! :brickwall: Like VA said, keep at it! My fingers are crossed & prayers said that you & your friend get a break & some great tix.

VA - I hope your customer had a good excuse!

klmeps
05-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware they did that on Stub Hub before the presales. So there's still hope!!!

05-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Good luck, Karen!

sodascouts
05-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Good luck, Karen! I just hope there isn't something fishy going on...

klmeps
05-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Thanks all. It's just gotten so hard to get good tickets these days, it's very frustrating. Even if you're able/willing to pay the ridiculous prices, it still isn't easy!

boston steve
05-06-2014, 09:38 PM

I got VIP tix but it took a while. Got offered seats on side sections first. Threw them back.. Got messages that said "high demand" but not sold out. Finally wound up with 8th row section B- Going to both MSG shows. Try back on the regular sale for VIP- they may save some for that. Also, keep checking TM- seats are released periodically through unannounced drops. Good luck.

klmeps
05-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Ok, for those of you who know more about the Ticketmaster sales than I do, tomorrows sales say they are VIP Packages Presales. Is this something that you need a password for?

Thanks,

Glennsallnighter
05-07-2014, 04:32 AM
I got VIP tix but it took a while. Got offered seats on side sections first. Threw them back.. Got messages that said "high demand" but not sold out. Finally wound up with 8th row section B- Going to both MSG shows. Try back on the regular sale for VIP- they may save some for that. Also, keep checking TM- seats are released periodically through unannounced drops. Good luck.

Where are you sitting for the first MSG show, ie Saturday night?

VAisForEagleLovers
05-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Ok, for those of you who know more about the Ticketmaster sales than I do, tomorrows sales say they are VIP Packages Presales. Is this something that you need a password for?

Thanks,

No, you shouldn't need a password. They must mean the front row, since the others were already on sale. Good luck!

boston steve
05-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Where are you sitting for the first MSG show, ie Saturday night?

Section B row 4 (TBS side)- how about you?

klmeps
05-07-2014, 06:48 PM
I had 3 different people trying for front row tickets on 5 different computers and not a single seat showed up. They are still on Stub Hub. :(

sodascouts
05-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Infuriating!

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2014, 05:14 AM
Section B row 4 (TBS side)- how about you?
Section B Row 5, a little further right than you are. Near Glenn :heart: I hope. Hopefully see you there.

Not that I will be able to go, but I have been on stubhub as a matter of curiosity. Seats in the front row of these shows are going for a minimum of $2300 each, with the highest being $11,253.

This is not fair and something should be done about it. I thought VIP packages were non transferrable. Its unlikely that the sellers of these tickets managed to get them without them being VIP. So whats happening?

boston steve
05-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Section B Row 5, a little further right than you are. Near Glenn :heart: I hope. Hopefully see you there.

Not that I will be able to go, but I have been on stubhub as a matter of curiosity. Seats in the front row of these shows are going for a minimum of $2300 each, with the highest being $11,253.

This is not fair and something should be done about it. I thought VIP packages were non transferrable. Its unlikely that the sellers of these tickets managed to get them without them being VIP. So whats happening?

Yes it would be nice to meet you! We'll have to figure out a way to make it happen. I think what is happening is the VIP tix are now given to the person who purchases them. The dinner etc. requires id to enter but if you have your tix there is nothing to prevent people from putting them on Stubhub. I don't think they can be tracked. The price for tix is unreal. I just saw row 4 section A on Ticketmaster Platinum seats selling for 1,250 each. Scalping their own tix, essentially. I got the VIP for 9/18 and got the Saturday night tix on Stub Hub. Paid less than the Platinum price. I got my VIP tix in hand and could theoretically put them on stubhub- of course there is no way I would do that.
I saw the tix for over 11,000- that is not gonna happen. I suggest people keep checking TM and SH- as the event nears tickets drop and prices tend to do so too.
I am very excited for these 2 shows. Living in NY, MSG is the easiest place to get to.
Hope to see you. Take care.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-08-2014, 09:53 PM
I did VIP for the Des Moines show and I didn't get a ticket. Just an email that I need to present at the door, and they do check ID and look at the picture.

As far as I can tell, they never put the front row VIP on sale for this show. It's in the dropdown, but I don't think they ever went on sale. There's a total of 14 on StubHub, and I'm sorry, I can't believe the entire row was bought and sold to people who would then sell them, and all on SH. I don't know, of course. Just my opinion.

sodascouts
05-08-2014, 10:15 PM
I think it's pretty obvious there's a racket going on here. Why sell front row for $1000 when you can sell it for ten times that? The only question is - who do we blame for it? Who's pocketing the difference? Surely it's not the band! If that was they way they wanted to play it, they could just eliminate 1st row VIP altogether. Who would have the access to do it? The venue owner, the promoter... who else?

VAisForEagleLovers
05-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Since it's Dolan's venue, it could be a one-off between the venue (Dolan), the band, and management (Irving). Or it could be another one of TM's famous screw-ups, though that's looking less likely. They didn't do such a thing for other venues on this tour leg that I could tell. There are people out there who are probably crazy enough to pay those prices for a ticket. I wonder if they have to pay StubHub's outrageous fees, or if they get a 'deal'. If I win the lottery tomorrow night, I promise to buy one and see what the story really is :D

MaryCalifornia
05-09-2014, 02:27 AM
Good luck, VA! I hope you win! I want the dirt on these $11,000 seats!! You find out. Making me feel not so bad about the amount I paid to buy 2 row 5 VIP seats, for sure! [not for this show, I wish I were going to a NYC show!]

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2014, 04:35 AM
Makes me feel quite smug about the row 5 seat that I have!! Lol. Its not fair though on the real fans.

carol7lynn
05-09-2014, 09:46 AM
I did VIP for the Des Moines show and I didn't get a ticket. Just an email that I need to present at the door, and they do check ID and look at the picture.

As far as I can tell, they never put the front row VIP on sale for this show. It's in the dropdown, but I don't think they ever went on sale. There's a total of 14 on StubHub, and I'm sorry, I can't believe the entire row was bought and sold to people who would then sell them, and all on SH. I don't know, of course. Just my opinion.

Even if they don't issue a hard copy ticket/e-ticket, there are still ways to game the system including out right bribes.

However, a less costly one that comes to mind is for the seller/scalper to buy cheap tickets for their buyers so the buyer can gain entry to the venue and once inside, give them their emails and what ever swag goes with it. The buyer can then go to their front row seat without a hitch. All the usher inside the venue really checks is your row and seat number if they check your ticket at all. Maybe the buyer might have to miss the dinner but I'm sure the buyer could care less about getting fed.

I really don't think there are any games being played here. The fact is scalpers have the advantage-pure and simple. It's their business to make as much money as they can and they employ computer "geniuses" that can do what the average fan can not.

If you feel scalping is morally wrong and/or blatantly illegal, then contact your representatives in Congress-my credo "You need to agitate to legislate" or they will be no change.

I have no issue with scalpers, nor with the artist/entertainer in question-it's capitalism at its finest. Face it-the Eagles could care less about who sits in the front row or the last row.

If the Eagles really cared about who actually sits in the front row or any row for that matter, they could always do what country singer Eric Church recently did: They could cancel the 14 front row tickets posters say are listed on scalper sites. Boom!

From what I've read, Eric Church routinely scrutinizes ticket sales to ensure that his fans not scalpers get the best tickets. If he has the power to cancel 1,000 tickets to just one show as he did for the Target Center, then imagine what the iconic Eagles could do. They did it for opening night at the Forum-I got second row center section for face thanks to their largesse.

That's my two cents worth. If I can't get a ticket in the first five rows-I simply don't go. Life is short-ride the glide.

That being said, hopefully the general sale will prove more fruitfull.

Carol-Lynn

VAisForEagleLovers
05-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Even if they don't issue a hard copy ticket/e-ticket, there are still ways to game the system including out right bribes.

However, a less costly one that comes to mind is for the seller/scalper to buy cheap tickets for their buyers so the buyer can gain entry to the venue and once inside, give them their emails and what ever swag goes with it. The buyer can then go to their front row seat without a hitch. All the usher inside the venue really checks is your row and seat number if they check your ticket at all. Maybe the buyer might have to miss the dinner but I'm sure the buyer could care less about getting fed.

I don't know, Carol-Lynn. If I bought a high dollar ticket from StubHub and the instant download coughed up a nose-bleed ticket and promise to meet someone in a crowded arena, I'd be on the phone with customer service and getting my money back!

klmeps
05-09-2014, 09:45 PM
I agree with what VA said earlier. I don't think the VIP ever got the front row seats. They've been on Stub Hub all along and I've had several people on multiple computers trying to get front row when they supposedly went on sale and nothing came up at all. And I got in right away. There's no way they sold them all that quickly. We tried both Monday at the Amex presale and Wed on the VIP presale.

klmeps
05-09-2014, 10:01 PM
It does seem to be something just with this show that they added on. Because I got front row VIP for Newark, the first MSG show and Boston all in the Amex presale - they all went on sale a the same time and within about 25 minutes I'd been able to get a ticket for all 3 shows.

carol7lynn
05-10-2014, 09:26 AM
I don't know, Carol-Lynn. If I bought a high dollar ticket from StubHub and the instant download coughed up a nose-bleed ticket and promise to meet someone in a crowded arena, I'd be on the phone with customer service and getting my money back!

I didn't say that your seat would be in the nosebleed section. I said once inside you would exchange tickets. The buyer doesn't have to pay a thing until the tickets are exchanged and the seller can use any number of on-line sites including craig's list to sell the ticket.

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
05-10-2014, 09:43 AM
It does seem to be something just with this show that they added on. Because I got front row VIP for Newark, the first MSG show and Boston all in the Amex presale - they all went on sale a the same time and within about 25 minutes I'd been able to get a ticket for all 3 shows.

Well, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. Just the way things are. Maybe you'll do better during the general on-sale.

Be that as it may, since you admitted to not being up on ticketing, you should know that AMEX doesn't always offer the best seats anymore for all venues regardless of who the artist is. We experienced the same thing here in L.A. for Paul McCartney's Dodger Stadium Show. Tons of fans complained that they could not get front row VIP tickets and those tickets were going for $2,000 a pop for any of the pre-sales.

It should be also noted that for most AMEX pre-sales where it requires an access code, if you use the Centurion or Platinum Customer Services number, you tend to get offered better seats.

Various artists :thumbsup: you will also find will make sure their fans get the best tickets including front row: Neil Young, Jackson Browne, John Cougar Mellencamp, Tom Petty, Heart and Styxx to name just a few and you don't even have to be a member of any fan club or purchase VIP ticketing.

But if you think anything is "going on" behind the scenes then contact the artist or your representatives in Congress.

Carol-Lynn

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Sorry, CarolLynn, I thought when you said 'cheaper ticket' you meant not a high-dollar front row ticket. If I paid that amount of money and got anything other than front row, I'd be on the phone to StubHub and soon after to lawyer. I would never trust someone to meet me inside and exchange tickets so that I could then have my front row seat. Anybody that would trust such a thing, well, I have some ocean-front property in AZ I'd like to sell ya.

As for KLMEPS and AmEx, she buys VIP tickets using the AmEx presale all the time. The VIP tickets aren't pick and choose like the other seats, where AmEx reserves a marginal section and sells in the presale. For most events, if you want a VIP seat close to the stage, you have to use AmEx because they are sold out by the general public sale. What I'm saying is, they don't hold back the best tickets for the general sale, it's first come, first serve.

carol7lynn
05-10-2014, 11:22 AM
I agree with what VA said earlier. I don't think the VIP ever got the front row seats. They've been on Stub Hub all along and I've had several people on multiple computers trying to get front row when they supposedly went on sale and nothing came up at all. And I got in right away. There's no way they sold them all that quickly. We tried both Monday at the Amex presale and Wed on the VIP presale.

Well maybe this will help.

First off: It's not the number of computers or the number of people that you use to buy tickets via TM. It's the mere fact that you're competing with professional scalpers with more powerful computers, faster internet connections, and computer experts that make their living re-selling tickets.

Secondly: I have read that that Mobile Apps tend to be faster than web browsers when buying tickets via TM. Try using a mobile phone during the general on-sale to see. Check out this article: http://ticketcrusader.com/tips-for-before-tickets-go-on-sale/ticketmaster-tips-tricks/ticketmaster-mobile-apps-tips-tricks/

Thirdly: Not all browsers are created equal. Some web browsers are faster than others and some don't work at all for some sales. Opening too many tabs can slow down your search and some browsers are "related" and recognize each other when simultaneously employed (on the same computer) effectively cancelling each other out. Ouuch! This actually happened to me years ago.

Case in point: Fans here in L.A. got shut out of Paul McCartney's Dodger Stadium pre-sale (artist pre-sale) and kept getting error messages using Google Chrome, while those of us that used Firefox, got through with a minimum of effort.

Fourthly: Not all computers are created equal. This one speaks for itself. You don't have to run out and by an uber-expensive system. Just make sure you do some routine computer maintenance on your computer before hand if you are using your home computer.

Fifthly: Not all internet service providers are created equal. Some providers offer faster service than others. Some WiFi internet connections use other providers cell phone towers to transmit information, and depending on the traffic in your area, you may or may not be at a disadvantage.

In short, I don't think there is any conclusion or hanky-panky going on with Front Row ticketing for this particular MSG show. There are just too many other critical variables at play to believe that the game is rigged merely because (1) there are lots of re-sale tickets available on the secondary market, and (2) you successfully obtained three front row tickets with minimum effort for other shows at other venues.

Gone are the days when the go-to-guy for scalped tickets was the kid that sat next to you in High School or College.

Then too, in the final analysis remember: It's not about the "why" it's about the "what." By that I mean: "What" you need to do to level the playing field if and when the game is really "fixed" from the jump.

Good Luck! Where there is a will there is a way.

Carol-Lynn

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Secondly: I have read that that Mobile Apps tend to be faster than web browsers when buying tickets via TM. Try using a mobile phone during the general on-sale to see. Check out this article: http://ticketcrusader.com/tips-for-before-tickets-go-on-sale/ticketmaster-tips-tricks/ticketmaster-mobile-apps-tips-tricks/

You can't buy VIP tickets using a Mobile App. You also cannot buy them over the phone (although that's the slowest method anyway).

Thirdly: Not all browsers are created equal. Some web browsers are faster than others and some don't work at all for some sales. Opening too many tabs can slow down your search and some browsers are "related" and recognize each other when simultaneously employed (on the same computer) effectively cancelling each other out. Ouuch! This actually happened to me years ago.

As I said, klmeps has bought VIP tickets to at least six shows on the HOTE tour, probably more. I think she knows how to do it. She bought tickets to the 9/13 MSG show. The point is, there were no VIP front row tickets offered for this show, in spite of TM saying there was.

In short, I don't think there is any conclusion or hanky-panky going on with Front Row ticketing for this particular MSG show. There are just too many other critical variables at play to believe that the game is rigged merely because (1) there are lots of re-sale tickets available on the secondary market, and (2) you successfully obtained three front row tickets with minimum effort for other shows at other venues.

You can continue to believe the current front row seats on StubHub were all purchased by scalpers, but if they were, they weren't through VIP. I myself have bought far too many VIP tickets to be convinced that none came up for anyone, even the ones in the side sections (A and C). Again, VIP just doesn't work like regular ticket sales, and you can't apply the same logic to the process. If what you are saying is true, how did so many 'normal' fans get front seat at the 9/13 MSG show?

carol7lynn
05-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Sorry, CarolLynn, I thought when you said 'cheaper ticket' you meant not a high-dollar front row ticket. If I paid that amount of money and got anything other than front row, I'd be on the phone to StubHub and soon after to lawyer. I would never trust someone to meet me inside and exchange tickets so that I could then have my front row seat. Anybody that would trust such a thing, well, I have some ocean-front property in AZ I'd like to sell ya.

As for KLMEPS and AmEx, she buys VIP tickets using the AmEx presale all the time. The VIP tickets aren't pick and choose like the other seats, where AmEx reserves a marginal section and sells in the presale. For most events, if you want a VIP seat close to the stage, you have to use AmEx because they are sold out by the general public sale. What I'm saying is, they don't hold back the best tickets for the general sale, it's first come, first serve.

First off I just offered one plausible scenario on how a scalper could buy and sell VIP Front Row tickets without an actual ticket in hand prior to the concert. Just spit-balling. I agree it may or may not work. But it should be born in mind that desperate people will fall for the most outrageous schemes. Happens every day.

Secondly, check out my post to KLMEPS above about TM sales (including pre-sales AMEX or otherwise) in today's technological age where the secondary market has the edge and the profit incentive to employe what ever means necessary to get the goods leaving the average fan, no matter what their previous track record might be, in the dust gasping for air and grasping for straws about what just happened.

Lastly, lest we lose track of the real issue at hand, it's about what fans can do to level the playing field so that we can get a decent seat for a reasonable price. :thumbsup: Not saying all my tips will work but you never know. Just trying to help.

Carol-Lynn

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Regarding one of those tips, I'm sure each computer is a little different, but Chrome seems to be by far the fastest for me.

carol7lynn
05-10-2014, 12:14 PM
You can't buy VIP tickets using a Mobile App. You also cannot buy them over the phone (although that's the slowest method anyway).

As I said, klmeps has bought VIP tickets to at least six shows on the HOTE tour, probably more. I think she knows how to do it. She bought tickets to the 9/13 MSG show. The point is, there were no VIP front row tickets offered for this show, in spite of TM saying there was.

You can continue to believe the current front row seats on StubHub were all purchased by scalpers, but if they were, they weren't through VIP. I myself have bought far too many VIP tickets to be convinced that none came up for anyone, even the ones in the side sections (A and C). Again, VIP just doesn't work like regular ticket sales, and you can't apply the same logic to the process. If what you are saying is true, how did so many 'normal' fans get front seat at the 9/13 MSG show?

Totally disagree with all your points.

I'm "normal" (or so I like to think) and in the past couple of months I got front row tickets for: Neil Young (Dolby Theater/Kodak Theater), Jackson Browne (La Mirada Theater) and The Sounds of Summer Concert (Greek Theater) all for face value-no VIP and no scalpers needed. I also got fifth row center stage for Paul McCartney's Dodger Stadium show for face value just two weeks ago. Long story short, it is possible for normal fans to get good seats. Just trying to offer some tried and true tricks. You can take my advice or not. That's up to you.

Secondly, you can get VIP ticketing for AMEX if you have a Centurion or Platinum card. Just call your concierge.

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
05-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Regarding one of those tips, I'm sure each computer is a little different, but Chrome seems to be by far the fastest for me.

Good to hear. I will give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Carol-Lynn

klmeps
05-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Well, absolutely nothing came different came up in the general sale today and all the same front row seats are still up on Stub Hub and Ticketmaster resale
although they have dropped the one for $10,500 per ticket down to 9,500 per ticket! Insane. The resale lists have a lot of row 2, 3 and 4 in the center section as well. Doesn't look like the VIP thing got many good tickets to sell at all for this show. Broke down and got 3rd row seats in front of Timothy from a broker. Paid more than I should be my friend is coming in from California for the show and although we've gone to a bunch of Timothy shows together, we have never been to an Eagles show together so we wanted to make sure we got something good for this. If this is how they keep selling tickets, it may be one of the last Eagle shows I go to. I usually go to show alone and all the platinum and most broker seats are only sold in pairs. I think I'm just so disgusted with the whole thing this week it's really frustrated me. Good thing it wasn't like when they first got back together or I never would have gotten to over 100 shows!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Sorry, klmeps, to hear it... I know the MSG shows in November, the second row was sold through general presale or during the general public sale, and they weren't offered for VIP. Which is why I got stuck in row 3 for the first show. The ones I talked to, they didn't get them through brokers, they happened to get lucky and they kept them for themselves instead of selling them. It was a little frustrating to have paid so much $$ for a ticket and sit directly behind someone who paid face value!

klmeps
05-10-2014, 08:46 PM
The people I talked to in the 2nd row in November had gotten them through Amex (I talked to a few couples) but it was some kind of really high premier AMEX card that I'd never even heard of, higher than even the platinum card. They did pay face value.

sodascouts
05-10-2014, 09:15 PM
It's very frustrating, I know!

I hope the third row seats are worth every penny, but it's a pity it has to go down that way. :(

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Ah, the Black Card, it's what CL referenced above. The guy in front of me just said he logged in and was shocked at the seats that had come up. Said he nearly thought it was a mistake and must be a different section than what he thought his eyes were seeing. Then he said he thought he was the luckiest fan in the arena. They probably assume that those who have that kind of income won't be scalping tickets. Unless you make your $1 million+ each year by scalping tickets!

sodascouts
05-10-2014, 09:22 PM
"The Black Card." It sounds so dramatically awesome, doesn't it? It's for people who don't really need credit cards, because they have so much money that they sneeze cash! ;)

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/07/11/american-express-black-the-worlds-most-exclusive-charge-card/

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Visa now has a card actually called Black Card, but it's not nearly as exclusive, and doesn't have the benefits.

klmeps
05-10-2014, 10:39 PM
First off: It's not the number of computers or the number of people that you use to buy tickets via TM. It's the mere fact that you're competing with professional scalpers with more powerful computers, faster internet connections, and computer experts that make their living re-selling tickets.

I few years ago when I was talking to a broker that my friends and I had used several times, I mentioned something to him about how he gets his tickets on Ticketmaster and he laughed at me. He said that they don't get their tickets from Ticketmaster, they get them from the bands management.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2014, 11:03 PM
klmeps, I believe it's their promotion company that would be in charge of those tickets? Since they promote themselves in most cases, that would definitely be the band's management!

sodascouts
05-11-2014, 12:08 AM
I've heard many people speculate that most of the time when this happens, the bands are in on it. It makes me sad to think that. I hope it's not true.

Glennsallnighter
05-11-2014, 06:36 AM
I wouldn't say the band as a collective is even aware how the tix are sold. They are beyond thus. But I wouldn't be surprised if Irving knows full well.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-11-2014, 07:47 AM
I bet they know more than you think. I don't really have a problem with the Black Card thing, that's a perk offered by AmEx and while it burns me that middle-class me pays $650 for a third row tickets while an upper-class someone who makes more than $1 million a year pays $275 for a second row seat, I'm also not paying $2500 a year for the privilege of using my little gold card.

Whatever it is they're doing with the front row seats for this particular concert is what I think key members of the band, their management, and several others are aware of. Because it seems to be a one-off. They've not done this for any other concert that we know of. It will be interesting to see what they do for the Vegas tickets that go on sale this week.

klmeps
05-11-2014, 12:44 PM
I'm not going to Vegas but I am very curious to see what happens at the front row seats at that one. I am sure Eagles management is aware of what's going on with tickets - there isn't much Irving isn't involved in is there? How much the band knows - I'm not sure they are involved, or really care about knowing too much of the specifics of how tickets are sold. At least I feel better thinking they don't know too much about it! :)

Is anyone else here going to either MSG show? There was quite a lot of people from here at the November shows.

Glennsallnighter
05-11-2014, 06:52 PM
I'm going to the Saturday nights show. 13th September. So as far as I know are HH, Houston Baby and Desperada.

Brooke
05-12-2014, 03:35 PM
I can't wait to see who's sitting in these seats that night. That is, if they are ever sold!

Or, maybe, they are setting up some kind of special group for these seats and they won't be sold at all but given away as comps? Rich and famous people. But why would they even be listed for sale if so? I don't get it! :roll:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-12-2014, 09:09 PM

Since I posted this over a month ago, my job situation seemed like it would be extended. Now I know it's not and my last day will be the 15th of Sept. So what the heck??!! Turns out I'm not a responsible adult! I found a single VIP ticket to this show. Row 7, but I can live with that. So off to NYC I'll go, and HH and I will be in Eagle heaven!

sodascouts
06-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Well, we already knew you weren't a responsible adult, but you're not alone in that regard around here. ;) Congrats on the ticket!

flojo
06-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Right, I caved in and booked up a holiday and it just so happens that we'll be in NY on the 18th.... Just need to buy some tickets now!!
Where's everybody sitting? :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2014, 06:49 PM
Good luck Flojo! These seats have seemed particularly hard to book. I hope you get a good one!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-15-2014, 10:01 AM
I am back in row 7. The resells were high priced and came in groups of 2, and I didn't want to take the chance of eating such an expensive ticket!

flojo
07-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Got some tickets for section b :partytime: who fancies meeting for drinks before the show?

Keith
07-01-2014, 09:23 AM
As a small town boy, I had originally tried to avoid The Big Apple. However, I can't resist one more chance to see them live. Section B, row 16. Not the best seat I've had this tour, but miles closer than the worst. Plus, the Eagles at MSG! Can't say that I have a bucket list, but if I did...

Keith
07-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Got some tickets for section b :partytime: who fancies meeting for drinks before the show?

Congrats on the seats! We will probably be busy playing tourist, but I'm sure there are plenty of NYC regulars here who would love to meet & discuss your concert experiences across the pond.

Glennsallnighter
07-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Well done Flojo. I'd love to meet but unfortunately will be in NYC the Saturday before instead.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-01-2014, 05:45 PM
As a small town boy, I had originally tried to avoid The Big Apple. However, I can't resist one more chance to see them live. Section B, row 16. Not the best seat I've had this tour, but miles closer than the worst. Plus, the Eagles at MSG! Can't say that I have a bucket list, but if I did...
now keith theres nothing wrong with a bucket list...
my kid does it with baseball parks

Keith
07-01-2014, 06:19 PM
now keith theres nothing wrong with a bucket list...
my kid does it with baseball parks

Oh, I'm not knocking having a list TT. Maybe I should come up with one. It would have to be budget friendly, considering I have spent way too much on this tour!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Keith, sounds like you might see me twice in just a few weeks time! Run for the hills!

Flojo, I am going to this show. Do you have VIP tickets? I'm meeting friends for this show, I'm not sure what their plans are. I'll find out and let you know.

Houston Baby
07-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Flojo & Keith - I can tell you from experience (or maybe I should say warn you :hilarious:) that there is never a dull moment with VA around! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-01-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm usually well behaved!!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Oh, I'm not knocking having a list TT. Maybe I should come up with one. It would have to be budget friendly, considering I have spent way too much on this tour!
its ok..
my kids a baseball fan hes excited he is going to Detroit ,
I think it would be a cool bucket list ti have
you will have a great time:hilarious:

Keith
07-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Flojo & Keith - I can tell you from experience (or maybe I should say warn you :hilarious:) that there is never a dull moment with VA around! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the warning HB. VK, as long as security doesn't drag us out, I'm good!

Topkat
07-16-2014, 05:39 PM
I also have tickets for this show. Section C row13.
I may end up selling these tickets because I am going to the Sat show also, but I will make up my mind later. If you are meeting up after the show let me know, would love to see you guys again.

flojo
07-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've had a bit of a nightmare the last couple of weeks!
VA we're in section B row 1, they would be vip tickets but they're resale from stubhub so we won't get into the vip bar beforehand.
We'll be driving down from Boston on the 17th and staying in NY until the 20th, if anyone wants to meet in the arena before the show for a few drinks that would be great.
:cheers:

Glennsallnighter
07-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Great seat Flojo. Hope things are getting better on the home front. Sorry I won't be at that gig.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Flojo, looking forward to meeting up with you. There's usually time between the VIP dinner and the start of the concert to do such things.

boston steve
08-01-2014, 04:05 PM
I have a pair for this show- Sec B row 8 . Looking to sell for face ( $650).
Please message me if interested.
Moderator- if this is not the appropriate area to post this please let me know and I'll remove it.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Moderator- if this is not the appropriate area to post this please let me know and I'll remove it.

It's the best place for it!

boston steve
08-01-2014, 06:29 PM
It's the best place for it!

Thank you for letting me know.

boston steve
08-02-2014, 10:44 AM

Tickets are sold!!!! Upgraded to front row!! WEEEEEEE DOGGGGGIE!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Tickets are sold!!!! Upgraded to front row!! WEEEEEEE DOGGGGGIE!

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job!

08-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Oh wow, Steve. That's fantastic! I was just about to come in here and tell you how sorry I was that you couldn't make the show, but I'm very glad I was wrong about that. Hope you have a blast!

boston steve
08-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Oh wow, Steve. That's fantastic! I was just about to come in here and tell you how sorry I was that you couldn't make the show, but I'm very glad I was wrong about that. Hope you have a blast!

Thank you! I am very excited. Going to both MSG shows. I figured it may be the last time ( hopefully not) so why not take advantage? No travel/hotel expenses - makes the ticket cost a little easier to swallow.

08-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Definitely! Wish I could go to both, but I'll be at the show on Saturday, 9/13. Actually, there will be a fairly large gathering of Borderers at that show. So, if you'd like to meet up before, during, or after the show, let us know.

boston steve
08-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Definitely! Wish I could go to both, but I'll be at the show on Saturday, 9/13. Actually, there will be a fairly large gathering of Borderers at that show. So, if you'd like to meet up before, during, or after the show, let us know.

Yes. Where is the pre show meet up for the Saturday show?

08-04-2014, 09:44 PM
We haven't decided for sure yet, but we'll post it in the thread when we finalize the plans. It'll be great to meet you!

boston steve
08-05-2014, 09:20 PM
We haven't decided for sure yet, but we'll post it in the thread when we finalize the plans. It'll be great to meet you!

Sounds great looking forward to meeting fellow fans! Are you going to the 9/13 show too?

08-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Yeah - I'll be going to the Saturday, 9/13 show, and then I'm driving to Massachusetts on Sunday to visit relatives, and am going to meet up with GlennLover and her hubby for the Monday night show in Boston. I'm not going to the 9/18 show because I'll be driving back to Virginia that day. I have to be back in office for a meeting on 9/19 so I can't stay over.

boston steve
08-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Cool! I will be going to that show with my wife. We are not doing VIP package that night. Maybe we can meet then-

08-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Sounds like a plan! We'll figure out the details as we get closer to the show dates.

Keith
08-09-2014, 09:25 AM
My wife managed to schedule the time off to take this trip with me. Luckily, I found two seats section C row 15. Good news! Bad news, that leaves me with the one seat I already had. Section B row 16. I'm a little concerned about being able to sell a single. At this point I just want face value, $450. I don't like my odds with the mark-up on StubHub. If anyone is interested PM me.

Topkat
09-03-2014, 12:50 PM
I have 2 tickets for this show that I won't be able to attend.
Willing to sell at cost $450./ per ticket
Row 13 section C, but they are near the center not the end part of the row.
Seats 3 & 4

Anyone interested please PM me.
I am going on Sat night, but can't go Thurs 9/18
Thanks

VAisForEagleLovers
09-16-2014, 09:50 PM
WooHoo!!! I should be in bed, since I have to get up and leave my house by 6am just to have a long layover at O'Hare.

I'll get to see HH, who I haven't seen since January, and her 'long suffering husband', who I haven't seen since last November. Then of course, I get to see our guys on Thursday1 Life is good!!!!!!!!!

klmeps
09-16-2014, 09:58 PM
WooHoo!!! I should be in bed, since I have to get up and leave my house by 6am just to have a long layover at O'Hare.

I'll get to see HH, who I haven't seen since January, and her 'long suffering husband', who I haven't seen since last November. Then of course, I get to see our guys on Thursday1 Life is good!!!!!!!!!

See you there too!

sodascouts
09-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Have fun, guys!

Houston Baby
09-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Have a wonderful time everyone!! Wish I could have stayed!

Glennsallnighter
09-17-2014, 05:52 AM
I wish I could have stayed too! Have a blast and blow Glenn :heart: a kiss from me.

sodascouts
09-17-2014, 08:46 AM
I wish I had another shot at a concert, any concert.

flojo
09-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Does anyone want to meet up before or after the show for drinks?
I don't think I'll sleep tonight at all! :)

VAisForEagleLovers
09-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Flojo, we will be at the VIP dinner before the show and I'm not sure about after. Maybe we can meet up near our seats before the show?

flojo
09-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Sure, what seats are you in? We're in section b row 1 but I'll have to check which numbers

flojo
09-18-2014, 11:31 AM
This is our last show until Australia so here's hoping it's a good one! Have a great time everyone who's going :cheers:

boston steve
09-18-2014, 02:18 PM
6 hours to go! We will be at VIP party- I will be wearing a "Boston Strong" shirt. First time we are sitting in front row! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYY! See you there!

zeldabjr
09-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Have a great time everyone...I know you will :partytime:

cynd1231
09-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Steve, are you just a little bit excited about tonight, LOL? But seriously...I know you, VA and everyone going tonight will have a marvelous, memorable time. Last show for this leg of the tour is a little bittersweet. Just make sure you let the guys know how much we love and appreciate everything they've given us, and continue to give!

Desperada
09-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Its a great show, ENJOY every song!:grooving:
I wish I was there!!

MaryCalifornia
09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
OMG have fun you guys!!!! Report back ASAP!

Brooke
09-18-2014, 04:42 PM
HAVE FUN EVERYONE!

:partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-18-2014, 05:16 PM
HH and I are here and having a preshow preshow cocktail. Cannot wait until 8:00!!!!

sodascouts
09-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Have lots of fun, guys... I know you will!

Zanny Kingston
09-18-2014, 06:21 PM
ENJOY THE SHOW!

I know you will all have a fabulous time!

Glennsallnighter
09-19-2014, 03:55 AM
Hope you all had a brilliant night!