PDA

View Full Version : Eagles songs "in the can"??

sodascouts
05-15-2014, 03:08 PM
So, I was reading Joe's Billboard interview (http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6084936/joe-walsh-foo-fighters-eagles-war-blues-album-ozzy-osbourne#ai3RXC5A0Rt3h1Jx.01) from yesterday - interesting stuff - when I saw this tidbit:
Walsh has some other new material in the works, including Eagles tracks, though he doesn't say if those will ever see the light of day. "We've got some stuff in the can," he says, adding, "I've got a blues album." The Eagles will also be back to tour the west coast this fall Walsh says.

What the heck?? Does he mean leftovers from Long Road Out of Eden or.... dare I even think it? A possible new Eagles album?

DJ
05-15-2014, 06:30 PM
It makes one wonder if there are any tunes out there that haven't been put on track. Wouldn't that be a gold mine!! I would be very excited to hear anything new or old that hasn't been played before. :partytime:

Tiffanny Twisted
05-15-2014, 07:22 PM
wow that would be good news.

thanks for the bday gift boys:birthday::hilarious:

Prettymaid
05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
So, I was reading Joe's Billboard interview (http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6084936/joe-walsh-foo-fighters-eagles-war-blues-album-ozzy-osbourne#ai3RXC5A0Rt3h1Jx.01) from yesterday - interesting stuff - when I saw this tidbit:
Walsh has some other new material in the works, including Eagles tracks, though he doesn't say if those will ever see the light of day. "We've got some stuff in the can," he says, adding, "I've got a blues album." The Eagles will also be back to tour the west coast this fall Walsh says.

What the heck?? Does he mean leftovers from Long Road Out of Eden or.... dare I even think it? A possible new Eagles album?

To me it sounds like he's talking about himself. When he says "We've got some stuff in the can", I think he means 'me and my people'. He's got some new material and some of it he considers to be Eagles stuff. But who knows?

Freypower
05-15-2014, 07:36 PM
That is the way I tend to look at it.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
05-15-2014, 07:39 PM
If they do make another album, which would be awesome, that means another tour.:idea:

Tiffanny Twisted
05-15-2014, 07:46 PM
ok guys I just re read the article and I take it to mean that the eagles have some new stuff in the can and he(JW ) has some stuffnfor another cd.

I'm good with it.what ever form it comes in

Ive always been a dreamer
05-15-2014, 10:21 PM
It would be great to get another album from our guys, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. I doubt that it will ever happen, but you never know with these guys - they have certainly surprised us before. On the other hand, I can see how PM's interpretation could be dead on. :shrug:

DJ
05-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Well....Hell froze over once maybe it will do it again!

WalshFan88
05-16-2014, 12:07 AM
Not sure what to make of his statement but PM is probably right...

I'm certainly looking forward to his blues album as I've always thought he was a blues player at heart and very much of that style than a real technical schooled approach (ala Felder or Stu).

GlennLover
05-16-2014, 11:23 AM
It would be great to get another album from our guys, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. I doubt that it will ever happen, but you never know with these guys - they have certainly surprised us before. On the other hand, I can see how PM's interpretation could be dead on. :shrug:

Dreamer, that was exactly my reaction too. I was going to write a post saying "I'm not holding my breath". LOL! So, in order to avoid disappointment I will try not to give the possibility of a new album any more thought.

UndertheWire
05-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Maybe they've recorded a few new songs to be part of a new package including live recordings of the HotE tour.

Somewhere, probably from a few years ago, I think I saw something from Glenn about how they might put together an EP, possibly covering some songs by other artists such as Buffalo Springfield. I may just have dreamt that.

GlennLover
05-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Maybe they've recorded a few new songs to be part of a new package including live recordings of the HotE tour.

Somewhere, probably from a few years ago, I think I saw something from Glenn about how they might put together an EP, possibly covering some songs by other artists such as Buffalo Springfield. I may just have dreamt that.

He said that at his 2 concerts in Niagara Falls in Aug 2011. He wanted the Eagles to do some covers of artists who had influenced them early on. He mentioned The Byrds & The Beach Boys as well. If I remember correctly, he said that he wanted it to be included with the HotE discs. It was his idea & he hoped the others would agree to do it. Apparently they didn't. He did say that they had recorded one song, but he may have meant himself with his solo band as he sang Neil Young's On The Way Home at both concerts.

UndertheWire
05-16-2014, 05:50 PM
That's probably what I was remembering. I think I looked at the thread about those shows recently.

Freypower
05-16-2014, 06:30 PM
He said that at his 2 concerts in Niagara Falls in Aug 2011. He wanted the Eagles to do some covers of artists who had influenced them early on. He mentioned The Byrds & The Beach Boys as well. If I remember correctly, he said that he wanted it to be included with the HotE discs. It was his idea & he hoped the others would agree to do it. Apparently they didn't. He did say that they had recorded one song, but he may have meant himself with his solo band as he sang Neil Young's On The Way Home at both concerts.

He also did it as an encore on the After Hours tour; I saw it in LA (but it wasn't played in Australia). It was absolutely awesome.

Brooke
05-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Well, it sure would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath for an new Eagles album either! Don can't even get his own album that he's been talking about for years out!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-19-2014, 06:28 PM
while I am not holding my breath,,,,I will remain optomistic

Houston Debutante
05-20-2014, 10:23 AM
We have to remember that the person who wrote the article maybe got the quote wrong or interpreted it wrong, that's a possibility. I would love new Eagles music too, but I dont' want to get my hopes up.

HiredHand
05-21-2014, 07:19 AM
If we do get a new Eagles album, it would be awesome if Bernie Leadon were involved.

sodascouts
05-22-2014, 12:23 PM
I was thinking that too, HH. Don does characterize him as "in the band" when he talks about him in a recent article.

Houston Debutante
05-23-2014, 04:44 PM
I saw another article mentioning this but it was just repeating what the first article said, Don didn't say anything about it in recent interviews so I bet there's not really any Eagles album on the way, hope I'm wrong tho.