PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate private Eagles gig

UndertheWire
06-13-2014, 02:25 PM
So we've won the lottery and are putting together the gig of all gigs. We have a budget of millions, so we're not going to settle for a 90 minute set of greatest hits. The venue will be small enough that we all get a good seat, and to make it fair, we'll play musical chairs between songs. There will be room for dancing without blocking anyone's view, too. There's time for each Eagle to perform a solo set with his own touring band and maybe a few special guests. We can even have different takes on the same song.

What's the setlist? Which guests?

VAisForEagleLovers
06-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Oh my, I'll have to think about this and come back!! I do know that my setlist would involve Don singing HOTM TWICE, not just once.

Can we come up with what clothes to wear, too?

WalshFan88
06-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Oh wow - big decisions to make!

sodascouts
06-13-2014, 02:53 PM
We'll set up the place so the area in front of the stage - a large one - is for standing and dancing, and the other seats will be elevated so that one can see over the heads of the folks in front if one wishes to sit. The seats will be far enough apart so that you don't feel crammed in like sardines.

If our funds are limitless, we can pay them an extra million for every song they do in addition to their typical Greatest Hits set! Two million if they haven't played it live since the seventies! Four million if they've NEVER played it live before!

And NO NACHOS ALLOWED IN THE VENUE if I have anything to say about it! How I hate it when the folks next to me are crunching on their stinky messy nachos during songs, dripping that nasty psuedo-cheese onto the floor! (no offense if you are a fan of those nachos).

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Can we take pictures too?

sodascouts
06-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Maybe we can hire an official photographer and let the Eagles look over his / her photos and get rid of any unflattering ones. That way we don't have to worry about taking photos and the Eagles don't have to worry about being distracted or being caught at a bad angle.

UndertheWire
06-13-2014, 03:30 PM
No nachos. I think we can have a civilised break for dinner. Maybe even a cocktail bar with Glenn in lounge lizard mode. I've been wondering how to fit some of the After Hours songs into the main set without them seeming out of place.

prayfordaylight
06-13-2014, 03:45 PM
A rotating stage so everyone gets to see from all angles.

thelastresort
06-13-2014, 03:46 PM
The only two things I would request is a fair amount of long gone songs (Bitter Creek, Outlaw Man, Good Day in Hell and After the Thrill Is Gone for starters) and no backing musicians except Steuart Smith.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Well I have been uber busy lately and have hardly had time to read the board, must less actually post. But this is the kind of thread that I can unwind and let my imagination fly. Since this is a personal gig and the sky is the limit, I say we do a three-day festival. The 1st night is Eagles concert, Part 1 to include their entire catalog from the first four albums - Eagles, Desperado, On the Border, and One of These Nights, plus Seven Bridges Road and Please Come Home for Christmas. Day 2 is an all day affair with meet and greets with all band members interspersed between 2-hour solo shows from Don, Glenn, Joe, and Timothy throughout the day and evening with each of them taking a few requests at their individual shows. Then Day 3 will be Eagles concert, Part 2 to include their entire catalog from Hotel California, The Long Run, four new songs from Hell Freezes Over, and Long Road Out of Eden.

Sounds like a fun time to me.

Brooke
06-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Oh wow! This boggles the mind! I love all the ideas so far! Perfect!

I would like for Jackson Browne, JD Souther, and Linda Ronstadt (she will want to do this, and feel like it, even though she is ill) to be special guests!

ETA: Great idea UtW!!

thelastresort
06-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Instead of chronologically as IABAD suggested, it'd be amazing if it was entirely random. Imagine finishing the first song and then one of ninety being potentially up next! Would be great to literally bounce from extremities like Heartache Tonight to Doolin-Dalton to Somebody to Earlybird then to Hotel California followed by Midnight Flyer...

WalshFan88
06-13-2014, 05:11 PM
I would prefer a chronlogical order. I like prediction and am not a fan of big surprises (sorry, I'm a party pooper :nahnah:)

Here's mine (in order of ALBUMS, not songs on the said albums).

Eagles

Take It Easy (a great one to kickstart the fun IMO)
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Witchy Woman

Desperado
Out Of Control
Doolin-Dalton
Tequila Sunrise

Already Gone
The Best Of My Love
Good Day In Hell
James Dean
Ol' 55

One Of These Nights
After The Thrill Is Gone
Take It To The Limit
Lyin' Eyes

Hotel California
Victim Of Love
Life In The Fast Lane
Wasted Time
New Kid In Town

The Long Run
Those Shoes
Heartache Tonight
I Can't Tell You Why
In The City

Get Over It
Love Will Keep Us Alive

How Long
Busy Being Fabulous

Don Solo

Dirty Laundry
The Boys Of Summer
All She Wants To Do Is Dance
The Heart Of The Matter

Glenn Solo

The Heat Is On
Smuggler's Blues
You Belong To The City

Joe Solo

Funk #49
Walk Away
Rocky Mountain Way
Life's Been Good

Tim Solo

Friday Night

Order:

Solo stuff first in the order listed, then Eagles close.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-14-2014, 10:03 AM
OK, Dreamer, if we're going for three days, which is a grand idea assuming it's a large jackpot that we've won, we have time for some special guests. Like Jackson Brown can sing TIE with them, and they could even sing a song like Running on Empty with him. Of course, I'd love to see Seger on a stage with them, talk about a personal musical nirvana! I'd be the happiest person in the world if that ever happened! JD Souther is an obvious choice as well.

Of course, while free for all of us, except for the one who won, it would be a great opportunity for all to donate towards a charity chosen by each band member as 'payment' for the ticket.

ETA: I won a dollar in last night's lottery...pretty sure that's not enough. :wink:

06-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Yep - I'm definitely cool with having those special guests. I'd also add Kenny Rogers, Jack Tempchin, and Joe Vitale.

Life sure is good when $$ is not an issue!

thelastresort
06-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Out of interest, if a company does shell out the relevant amount of $ for the guys, do they get any option to request songs or setlist order etc or is it only Glenn and Co. who decide?

06-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Not sure - But based on setlists I've seen of private gigs, they are generally the standard 90-minute setlist. Maybe the clients gets to throw in a couple of requests, but for the most part, the band determines it. Of course, for the right price, I suspect they'll let the client make it up all by themselves. :thumbsup:

SoaringRockyMountainWay
06-14-2014, 03:42 PM
This sounds awesome! Someone try to win the lottery!

Thirsty&Hot
06-16-2014, 07:10 PM
haha this would be amazing!

this sounds like it would be a really really long gig for the guys!
they would need a lot of intermissions!

Glenn already made a joke about that during the HotE tour :hilarious:

Victim of Love
06-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Definitely a 3-day event, catered and on the beach in Southern California.

Day 1 menu would be casual, I think a clam bake would be perfect. Solo performances kicked off by Joe to get the party rockin', followed by Timothy, then Don. Would have Glenn wrap up the evening with a heavy emphasis on the After Hours catalog while everyone sips a special selection of cocktails -- Mai Tai's, Mojitos, Sex on the Beach and TEQUILA SUNRISES because when the music ends for the night the guys will party with us till dawn! :partytime:

Day 2 menu will be a Luau with an acoustic set where WE generate the set list because the guys take requests from us whether it's a collective band song or a solo work! And if that means they play some songs multiple times, so be it...it's my money. :grin:

Day 3 will be on a bluff overlooking the beach/ocean. No bathing suits today please. There will be a fabulous buffet with plenty of champagne, native California wines, beer on tap and tons of soft drinks & bottled water. THIS will be the no-holds-barred, full-on EAGLES concert day. They'll play a few hours in the afternoon and then again all evening. :dizzy:

Cell phones, cameras and dancing will be encouraged. AND the entire weekend will be made into a special DVD set for everyone who attends! :woah:

By the way, did I mention that at the end of the weekend Timothy and I are leaving for a 2-week honeymoon in Hawaii????? :rofl:

Brooke
06-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Lol! And Glenn and I are headed for the French Riveria for ours! :wink:

Great party, VoL! :thumbsup:

Victim of Love
06-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Congratulations Brooke! LOL. We can send each other a postcard!

DivineDon
06-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Don and I will be in Tuscany, enjoying the aesthetics - Don looking at art...me looking at him!! :kiss:

Thirsty&Hot
06-17-2014, 09:12 PM
hehe VoL :partytime:

and love the dvd idea too!

so who's playing the lottery?

sodascouts
06-17-2014, 10:59 PM
I don't play the lottery. Does the Prince of Monaco have a brother? ;)

DivineDon
06-18-2014, 05:26 AM
Sorry Soda, he doesn't - but he does have a couple of nephews.

And then there's always Prince Harry...

...but I think your best bet is Sylvio Burlusconi...now we know he likes to party!! lol :partytime:

Victim of Love
06-18-2014, 03:20 PM
T&H, I can't speak for anyone else but I DO play the lottery -- twice a week!

Thirsty&Hot
06-21-2014, 12:29 AM
TLR--I know you were half kidding, but that's still kinda mean to say especially after VoL admitted to playing it :fingerwag:

I don't play the lottery...sometimes I do scratch offs. My mom plays sometimes. The lottery is obviously a gamble...but it's small time. And as they say, you can't win if you don't play!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Yes, I play occasionally, when I think of it and it's convenient to stop somewhere. I don't consider myself to be stupid. The odds are astronomical for the multi-state games, but the playing is the fun.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Now now I know someone who won 10thousand dollars on a 2.00 scratch off ticket and and a friend of my hubby's grew up with was part of a large group of workers who won the biggest jackpot . all they did was give their two bucks to the pot every week and buy tickets .
I'd do with one less starbucks aweek for that.

Houston Debutante
06-25-2014, 06:20 PM
OMG it would be too amazing to have the Eagles play a private gig ~ I would die!

sad-cafe
06-30-2014, 12:10 AM
MY 50th birthday party in 2 years. My back yard.

My family and close friends personally invited.

All those that doubted me in school, their invites come too late.

Invites would of course be photo pictures of the guys with a "save the date" type theme