PDA

View Full Version : Eagles tabs/chords

Shadowland07
07-03-2014, 04:46 PM
I didn't know if there was already a topic related to this yet, but I was hoping if someone could help me with the chords to the "Desperado" section of "Doolin Dalton/Desperado Reprise?" Specifically Glenn's part with a capo on the 2nd fret.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-05-2014, 01:01 AM
I don't know that there's a topic on it yet, but you're speaking Greek to me!

Glennsallnighter
07-05-2014, 05:47 AM
Have you got the chords to it and not sure how to play them or do you need the chords first?

chaim
07-06-2014, 12:25 PM
I've never listened to it that closely, but I just did - with headphones. It wasn't hard to hear what each guitar is doing BEFORE THE DRUMS COME IN. After that I can't hear what they play. I hear the basic chords of course, but not how exactly they play them. But I don't think it matters that much what kind of voicings you use when you strum those chords.

If you can't find the answer from the internet (or someone else here), I can do a TAB of what both guitars to before the drums come in and send it to you via email. (or if such attachments are possible in this forum, I can try to put it here.)

chaim
07-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Here's the first guitar...

chaim
07-06-2014, 02:41 PM
And the second one...For some reason the size of the pictures diminished dramatically when I uploaded them here.

I listened to the song and transcribed those without a guitar, but I believe that I wrote down what I heard pretty accurately.:mrgreen:

Shadowland07
07-06-2014, 09:20 PM
And the second one...For some reason the size of the pictures diminished dramatically when I uploaded them here.

I listened to the song and transcribed those without a guitar, but I believe that I wrote down what I heard pretty accurately.:mrgreen:

Thanks chaim!!! Yeah I just gotta figure out the chords after the drums come in.

chaim
07-07-2014, 03:53 AM
No problem. The tiny text in the first attachment is not readable. It says that whoever plays that guitar, picks the B-string during the D chord before his finger is on the 7th fret of that string. So instead of the f sharp note we hear the open B string briefly. It produces a D6 sound, which IMO is rather nice here. But I don't think the player did this deliberately, so I wrote down the "actual" chord when he has placed his fingers on the 7th fret (on the G- and B-strings).:-)

When the drums start, the chords are:

A, E/G#, F#m, A, D, F#m/C#, Hm
A, E, D* A, A7
Then it repeats D, A (A7)

For the guitar with the capo this is of course:

G, D/F#, Em, G, C, Em/B, Am
G, D, C*, G, (G7), C, G.....

Now - without headphones - I can hear the strummed guitars more clearly for some reason. They are playing the very basic versions of the chords - nothing fancy. The "capoless" guitarist doesn't worry about the G# bass in the E chord. He just plays an E major chord and lets Randy take care of the G sharp.

*When they play this chord for the first time, at least one of the guitarists plays a maj7 chord after the triad.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Wow! I'm in awe since this is all completely Greek to me. :rockon: