PDA

View Full Version : Eagles in Houston TX Oct 14 2014

Freypower
07-31-2014, 07:16 PM
Advance tickets will be available to American Express Cardmembers via Ticketmaster beginning Monday, Aug 4th at 10am CDT. Tickets go on sale to the public Monday, Aug. 11 @ 9am CDT.

Ticketmaster will take you to this link:
http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/events/detail/eagles

(VA: I know you normally deal with these dates but I have just seen them on FB & I thought I would add them).

VAisForEagleLovers
07-31-2014, 08:03 PM
FP, hey, you did the right thing. I was in airports all day and out of pocket nearly all day. I hope you don't mind, I changed the times and put in a link.

sodascouts
08-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Now I REALLY wish I could go to this one! So that's three new shows, then? San Antonio, Houston, and Fresno?

I wonder if they'll add any more.

Houston Baby
08-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Got my ticket yesterday and as usual the ticket buying process is a challenge! I wonder how many minutes buying Eagles tickets has been taken off my lifespan! Thank goodness once the music starts, I forget all about the hassle! :partytime:

Wildthyme
08-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Love to go to this one since its on my birthday. If only Houston was closer :)

Houston Debutante
08-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Wow, can't believe they're coming here again! I'll just have to figure out a way to afford it. Do you think it will be the same show?

Freypower
08-11-2014, 06:27 PM
It's still HOTE, so why would it be changed?

sodascouts
08-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Well, it doesn't actually say it's the HOTE, nor do the other recently announced dates. In fact, it does make one wonder, as in the past "History of the Eagles" has been explicitly stated.

It's a fair question, HD, but I don't have an answer.

Freypower
08-11-2014, 07:40 PM
I assumed it was HOTE because the Australian tour is labelled as such. These dates occur before then. :headscratch:

I got the information on this & San Antonio from the Eagles' FB where the shows were listed under the HOTE banner.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1457419464518683/

VAisForEagleLovers
08-11-2014, 07:57 PM
It is a fair question, HD, because they've slipped in shows that weren't HOTE. Of course, those were all outdoor festivals, I think. I've been wondering the same about the Vegas show. You can't tell by the name because half the ones this past spring weren't listed as HOTE on Ticketmaster, and even now, I think, there's one billed as The Eagles and we all know there is no such group. :fingerwag: on 'The'! (The acronym HOTE probably drives them crazy, but HOE just looks bad.)

If I were a betting person (and I am), I'd bet they will be the same show.

Lisa
08-12-2014, 01:41 PM
I'm already psyched to hear about these shows.

DivineDon
08-13-2014, 07:32 AM
Wow, can't believe they're coming here again! I'll just have to figure out a way to afford it. Do you think it will be the same show?

From my biased perspective, I hope you get to go HD to give us the latest info on Don!! :lol:

Houston Baby
08-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Ok, so far I have convinced 3 co-workers & their spouses to buy tickets for the Houston show. The bank will be well represented! :partytime:

sodascouts
08-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Wonderful! Keep spreadin' the Eagle love!

Houston Baby
08-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Love the avatar Soda! :smitten:

Brooke
08-14-2014, 09:32 AM
HB, good job! I'm sure the Eagles appreciate it!

Soda, ditto on the av! Gorgeous!

Houston Debutante
08-14-2014, 07:10 PM
From my biased perspective, I hope you get to go HD to give us the latest info on Don!! :lol:

You and me both!!

Houston Debutante
09-16-2014, 12:07 PM
So I've decided to go but I don't have a ticket yet. Should I wait til the last minute or get one now?

DivineDon
09-17-2014, 01:04 PM
I can't answer you that HD but on behalf of the Don Diehards I'm glad you've decided to go!:thumbsup:

Brooke
09-17-2014, 01:30 PM
I would keep checking as much as possible on TM. And if worse comes to worse, you can go without a ticket and hope something awesome gets dropped at the last minute like happened to someone here in another thread!

ETA: Here.....post #26 https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=287575#post287575

I've had good luck and bad with that! You just never know!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Ok, so far I have convinced 3 co-workers & their spouses to buy tickets for the Houston show. The bank will be well represented! :partytime:

Wow deb that's great

VAisForEagleLovers
09-20-2014, 11:04 AM
HD, call or visit the box office at the venue. Not all venues sell all tickets through the ticket seller. I can't remember who is selling the tickets for this show, but it's not Ticketmaster, right? So you might want to research this with people locally, others who've used the same vendor.

Houston Debutante
09-22-2014, 03:09 PM
I've bought tickets at this venue before, it's just I've never waited so long to do it. I might try this walk up approach although it sounds risky. Then again if I wind up in a bad seat way high up at least I will have saved money. ;)

Glennsallnighter
09-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Good luck HD! I hope you get a good seat.

Dying to hear how you get on.

NYC Fan
09-22-2014, 04:10 PM
HD-

Definitely try for a box office drop, if you don't find something ahead of time. For these last 2 MSG shows, I picked up some at the box office at 7:30 and 7:00, and both nights ended up in what appeared to be the friends and family sections. Sections 107, row 3 and 108, row 2, and surrounded by people with laminates. I couldn't buy seats for the first night until the last minute because I was coming off an international flight that afternoon and didn't want to eat a ticket if the flight was delayed. I never even saw those lower rows for sale on Stubhub or TM. And that Saturday night MSG was a very tough ticket. I bet you would get something decent if you tried for a drop at the box office. Good luck!

MaryCalifornia
09-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Sending GOOD LUCK your way, HD! It's a fun mission one way or the other!

Houston Debutante
09-23-2014, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try it and I'll let you know how it goes.

Houston Baby
09-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you HD!! Hopefully I will see you there on the floor! And I mean the floor seats, not ON the floor. :wink:

Brooke
09-23-2014, 01:43 PM
HD, good luck! I hope something great comes up for you!

Houston Baby
09-30-2014, 11:20 PM
2 WEEKS!!!!

sasmallen
10-01-2014, 03:49 PM
I apologize in advance for the length of this post. Even though I'm only just a "reader" here, I wanted to post what happened a couple of days ago. I'll start from the beginning.

My wife and I took our 15 y/o daughter the the Feb 2014 concert in Houston and I used some of the tips from you guys to buy our tickets. We were able to get ok seats at the box office one week before the show. That was the first Eagles concert I had ever been to in my 45 years! I have always been the person that found out about a concert in my area after it was over.

Over the last 16 years I have succeeded in converting my wife into almost as big of a Eagles fan as I am. The shocking thing is that I have been able introduce my (now 16 y/o) daughter to the Eagles, and I think I created a monster! over the past 2-3 years she has spent her own allowance/tutoring money on a turntable, and every Eagles album from "Eagles" to Eagles Live" on vinyl. Her phone is filled with Henley, Frey, and Walsh solo music in addition to every Eagles song available. I have even heard her upstairs in her room with a friend, telling her friend something to the effect of "The song Hotel California isn't the great thing about the HC album, it's the fact that every single song on that album is so far above what gets released now. Most big bands now are doing good if they have one good song every two albums...the Eagles made a complete album. And you'll never see anybody do that again.". (*very proud father here*)

I was still a little worried that she might not have that good of a time at the concert in Feb because she is *a* teenager and she was going with her "parents". Well, there was no need to worry...I don't think I have ever seen her have such a great time! She made me promise that I would get tickets if they ever came back through Houston (of course I explained to her that this was probably the last time they would ever be here because I thought this would be their final tour).

Imagine my shock a couple of months ago when I heard on the radio that Houston would host another Eagles concert in October! I figured I would surprise my wife and daughter and buy tickets but wait until about a week before the concert to tell them (I didn't even think they knew about the October show).

I couldn't wait until the week before, I told them about it on Monday. I wish I had a picture of both of their faces when I told them the Eagles were coming back in October AND I had tickets for all of us. It was not the reaction I expected... both flashed a quick expression that I would only expect when telling them the worst news you could think of. They quickly recovered, then both of them just started laughing.

My wife and daughter, it seems, had a plan that was similar to mine...theirs was just much bigger. Unknown to me, about two days after I had secretly bought tickets, my wife and daughter bought VIP packages for us! They planned on telling me this coming Saturday.

I have since found out that my daughter was the "ringleader", going so far as to contribute some of her own money for the VIP tickets. I am a very proud father! I'm going to sell the original tickets I bought, and whatever I get, I'll give to her.

Thanks for letting me tell my story, and sorry for the long post.

Brooke
10-01-2014, 04:33 PM
What a great story, sas! As they always say, great minds think alike! I'm so happy for you and your family! And what a smart daughter you have! Have fun at the show! :thumbsup:

Houston Baby
10-01-2014, 07:29 PM
What an awesome story SAS!!! Sounds like you have a great family with EXCELLENT taste in music! I will be at the VIP dinner so maybe I will see y'all there. Just let me know.
I know y'all will have a FANTASTIC time while making an unbelievable family memory! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Oh SAS, that is so cool!! What a great story!

Houston Debutante
10-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Wow SAS, cute story, enjoy your VIP seats!

Not long now ~

Glennsallnighter
10-04-2014, 05:03 AM
Amazing story SAS! Looks like they blew your cover in style! Have a wonderful time in 10 days!!

MaryCalifornia
10-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Fantastic, SAS! Love it. Thanks for posting.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-04-2014, 04:40 PM
I'll also thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us, SAS. Hope, you and your family have a wonderful time at the show and that you will come back here and let us know all about it. And BTW - congratulations on your fantastic parenting skills! :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Wow SAS what a wonderful first post .
You and your family are blesssed.cant wait to read all about your cobcert adventure

Oh and WELCOME TO THE BORDER

sasmallen
10-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Thanks everybody for the kind words, and for making me feel welcome!

Just counting the days now...

sasmallen
10-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Quick question- Do any of you have any experience with selling tickets through Toyota Center's FlashSeats? It seems rather straight forward but I wanted to quickly sell the extra tickets I have but they won't allow me to price the tickets at less than 80% of face value? Has that always been the case with their listing system? I've only been to 3 concerts since I was 15 years old, so this whole process is a little out of my comfort zone.

It seems like a racket setup for the little guy to get the short end no matter what (don't get me started on the fees!)...

Houston Baby
10-08-2014, 04:27 PM
I have SAS and you're correct on the ticket value and the fees. I have Rockets' tickets and I get around it by "selling" to a friend and just transferring the tickets to their account. Of course I only recommend this if you get the money first. The "buyer" will need to have a FlashSeats account or set one up in order to complete the transfer.

LA Eagle
10-08-2014, 04:33 PM
sasmallen.

U have a PM

LA Eagle
10-08-2014, 08:23 PM
anyone know what % fee flash seats charges on purchased tickets?

Houston Baby
10-08-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry I totally do not remember. It has been more than a couple of years since I sold anything on FlashSeats. Since then I always use the transfer feature.

Glennsallnighter
10-09-2014, 05:34 AM
Quick question- Do any of you have any experience with selling tickets through Toyota Center's FlashSeats? It seems rather straight forward but I wanted to quickly sell the extra tickets I have but they won't allow me to price the tickets at less than 80% of face value? Has that always been the case with their listing system? I've only been to 3 concerts since I was 15 years old, so this whole process is a little out of my comfort zone.

It seems like a racket setup for the little guy to get the short end no matter what (don't get me started on the fees!)...

You are putting temptation right at my doorstep. I'm off work sick with flu. But not that sick that I couldn't make it to Texas!!

Maidstone
10-10-2014, 03:46 PM
I have one ticket for sale in section 122. It's on the aisle and a very good seat. Very close to the stage, albeit on the side. I always sit in that section and love it.

I bought this ticket BEFORE I decided to go the VIP route. So I have one VIP ticket that I am using and then this section 122 seat.

Let me know if anyone is interested. It's on the Flashseats website but no takers. I just want what I paid for the ticket.

Can't wait until Tuesday!!!

Maidstone
10-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Nevermind- ticket just sold on Flashseats.

Can't wait until Tuesday!!! :drool:

sasmallen
10-11-2014, 06:43 PM
I have one ticket for sale- $75, section 104, row 10, seat 3 (regular paper ticket).

A friend had 3 but couldn't go so she gave 2 of them to a relative. He asked if I could try to sell this single on the way into the concert. I don't expect to see many people looking for tickets since we'll be there earlier than most.

Houston Debutante
10-13-2014, 10:37 PM
One more day!!

LA Eagle
10-14-2014, 02:15 PM
Leaving for a Tx two stop!!!

Brooke
10-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Have fun to all going! :partytime:

MaryCalifornia
10-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Have a blast you guys!!! Can't wait to hear about it!!

Roey
10-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Have fun everyone! Looking forward to the reviews.