PDA

View Full Version : RIP Robin Williams

EagleLady
08-11-2014, 07:13 PM
I read on twitter that Robin Williams has passed away at 63. RIP.

thelastresort
08-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Star of Mrs Doubtfire and countless other films, found dead in CA home. Suspected suicide.

So sad :( RIP. Depression is an absolutely horrendous state.

EagleLady
08-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Already posted

tjh532
08-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Wow, so sad and so awful. His talents will be missed. Some of my favorite movies were ones he starred in.

Elizasong
08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
A very sad loss of a truly talented man. :cry:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-11-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm completely speechless.

WalshFan88
08-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Wow, RIP...very sad. Loved a lot of his movies.

ktdids
08-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Complete shock hearing about this. What a huge loss for his family and close friends. An amazing talent that will truly be missed. RIP.

zeldabjr
08-11-2014, 10:01 PM
He had one of those faces...the minute you saw him...you had to smile...I hope he is at peace now...

Ive always been a dreamer
08-11-2014, 10:51 PM
OMG - This is incredibly sad. We lost a true icon today - he was such a talented actor and comedian. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

R.I.P. Robin.

DJ
08-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Very sad, he was a great actor and comedic talent and he will be missed. Loved all of his shows. Sympathies to his family. Rest peacefully dear soul.

Witchy Woman
08-12-2014, 02:05 AM
That's terrible. Although he was best known for his comedy I enjoyed his dramatic roles better. Legend. RIP, Good Sir.

sodascouts
08-12-2014, 02:35 AM
So tragic! I grew up watching his shows and movies. He was a brilliant actor and comedian. I can't believe he's gone! He will be missed.

Lisa
08-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Robin Williams was just so talented as a comic actor.

shunlvswx
08-12-2014, 09:52 AM
So tragic. I thought it was a joke since their were a lot of hoax on actors and singers deaths lately, but when I found out it was true, I was sad. I was just shocked. He was a great actor and comedian.

Yesterday, I was changing the channel and I saw that What Dreams May Come was on. I was like I wasn't in the mood for a sad movie. 15 minutes later, I found out on Facebook that he had died.

I too loved his dramatic movies. I'm watching Bicentennial Man right now.

RIP Robin.:cry:

irga
08-12-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm speechless and heartbroken.
Depression is such a nasty ***.
:cry:

Brooke
08-12-2014, 10:11 AM
I heard last night and was so shocked. What a tragedy that he evidently felt there was no hope for him. What a talent! Loved many of his movies and especially remember Mork and Mindy.

Rest in peace Robin. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

Midnight Visitor
08-12-2014, 10:19 AM
So hard to believe this great funny man is gone. Often the funniest people are the most depressed. What an amazing talent. I was in the 6th grade. We had just moved to Southern CA. One of my new friends at school had a birthday party. Part of the party was to go and see Mork & Mindy being filmed. Having
just moved to LA from South Bend this was a huge deal. He was hysterical. Insanely funny when someone would flub their lines or mess up. At the end of of the evening as we're all filing out toward the door. Robin stayed on set and is
watching us leave. I wave to him. He says, "Goodnight now." Hugest deal for a 6th grader!! Depression is a bitch. When I hear about things like this I'm reminded that depression can touch anyone. Even someone as insanely rich,
talented and famous as Robin Williams.

DivineDon
08-12-2014, 11:19 AM
So sad about Robin Williams. :cry: I too first saw him as Mork and thought he was hilarious. My parents couldn't understand why my brother and me loved the show. Subsequently through movies and guest slots on tv shows my dad learnt to love him. He was one of the few genuinely funny people who could make tears come out of your eyes laughing.

Depression is awful, there's just no light at the end of the tunnel but I hope Robin has reached his destination now and is finally happy. R.I.P.

Buttercup
08-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Such a tremendous actor. I watch Good Will Hunting anytime it comes on TV. It brings me to tears every time. RIP Robin and I hope that you are laughing and ad-libbing with Jonathan Winters as we speak.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Its very sad to me that this man could take his own life .
Rip

Thirsty&Hot
08-14-2014, 11:07 PM
I am devastated by the loss of Robin Williams :( It's been an emotional week for me. I grew up loving him.
I just can't get over how such a darling, bright shining light like Robin, beloved by so many and his family, could end it all.
I guess with his depression, he had to offset the highest highs with the lowest lows.
depression deeply affects me on a personal level. I myself have struggled with it, though I've been mostly okay in recent years. My mom on the other hand...for her it's an ongoing battle that scares me. Some days are better than others. Today was not so good :(

depression sucks.

I feel for his family. my heart goes out to them.
we'll miss you Robin. you are forever loved :heart:

WalshFan88
08-15-2014, 12:14 AM
For whatever reason, I felt more shaken over this than I normally do with celebrity passings and it's made me do a lot of thinking.

It goes to show that depression is very real and while on the outside it can seem like you have everything in the world going for you or that you have everything you could ever want or be extremely successful to others, but on the inside be very dark and gloomy with no hope or faith. People sometimes forget that. It's nothing to be ashamed of and I wish there was more recognition and awareness about it. It's no different than having diabetes. It's a treatable condition and if more people would reach out I think we could help a lot more people.

Another thing that irritates me is the stigma towards depression and people not taking it seriously. I think that's why a lot of people are afraid to ask for help and even when they do, their subtle cries for help go unnoticed. Reach out to those who you feel may need it. Even a simple uplifting message saying you are thinking of them can mean the world. And to just let them talk, even without giving advice can be one of the best things for someone who needs someone to talk to. Just because someone is smiling on the outside doesn't mean they aren't crying on the inside. Don't judge them. If you feel someone is in danger, contact the appropriate people or authorities. Don't blow it off.

As someone who's struggled with depression, anxiety, and OCD disorders for many years I have to say that this really saddened me. Robin wasn't my favorite actor yet I enjoyed a good number of his movies and certainly thought he was a funny kind person. And I feel comfortable in saying that I myself have been hospitalized not once but twice for suicidal thoughts as a late adolescent and I hate to think what would have happened either time if I hadn't made a cry for help that did get noticed. Luckily music came into my life and the problems went away and I was able to recover from the severe depression, but I still fight sadness every day. It's a lifelong battle, and is something that should be closely watched.

There is no shame in admitting you need help, there is no shame on being on medication or receiving therapy or going to the hospital, and there is nothing wrong with YOU as a person. If anyone turns their nose up at you for struggling, then they need to do some searching in their own heart to find out what has made them so heartless. The people that mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind.

I saw on the news today that he was in the early stage of Parkinson's and perhaps that contributed to his depression. It makes me sad to think that he felt so helpless both with his depression and his other conditions.

Again, I didn't know Robin and wasn't even a huge follower of him as some, but this hit close to home with something I can relate to.

RIP Robin.

Thirsty&Hot
08-15-2014, 07:18 PM
couldn't have said it better, Austin! Thanks! That brought tears down my cheeks.

Buttercup
08-15-2014, 08:23 PM
For whatever reason, I felt more shaken over this than I normally do with celebrity passings and it's made me do a lot of thinking.

It goes to show that depression is very real and while on the outside it can seem like you have everything in the world going for you or that you have everything you could ever want or be extremely successful to others, but on the inside be very dark and gloomy with no hope or faith. People sometimes forget that. It's nothing to be ashamed of and I wish there was more recognition and awareness about it. It's no different than having diabetes. It's a treatable condition and if more people would reach out I think we could help a lot more people.

Another thing that irritates me is the stigma towards depression and people not taking it seriously. I think that's why a lot of people are afraid to ask for help and even when they do, their subtle cries for help go unnoticed. Reach out to those who you feel may need it. Even a simple uplifting message saying you are thinking of them can mean the world. And to just let them talk, even without giving advice can be one of the best things for someone who needs someone to talk to. Just because someone is smiling on the outside doesn't mean they aren't crying on the inside. Don't judge them. If you feel someone is in danger, contact the appropriate people or authorities. Don't blow it off.

As someone who's struggled with depression, anxiety, and OCD disorders for many years I have to say that this really saddened me. Robin wasn't my favorite actor yet I enjoyed a good number of his movies and certainly thought he was a funny kind person. And I feel comfortable in saying that I myself have been hospitalized not once but twice for suicidal thoughts as a late adolescent and I hate to think what would have happened either time if I hadn't made a cry for help that did get noticed. Luckily music came into my life and the problems went away and I was able to recover from the severe depression, but I still fight sadness every day. It's a lifelong battle, and is something that should be closely watched.

There is no shame in admitting you need help, there is no shame on being on medication or receiving therapy or going to the hospital, and there is nothing wrong with YOU as a person. If anyone turns their nose up at you for struggling, then they need to do some searching in their own heart to find out what has made them so heartless. The people that mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind.

I saw on the news today that he was in the early stage of Parkinson's and perhaps that contributed to his depression. It makes me sad to think that he felt so helpless both with his depression and his other conditions.

Again, I didn't know Robin and wasn't even a huge follower of him as some, but this hit close to home with something I can relate to.

RIP Robin.

Amen

DJ
08-20-2014, 11:19 PM

RIP Robin.

Well stated Austin, I agree if you don't have any physical signs people do not believe you are sick!! RIP Robin

MaryCalifornia
08-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Here is a pic of Timothy (and Don) next to Robin Williams from the first Bridge Concert

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a523/marymansfield/22295ab9-3bff-4d2b-b947-815b694280e6_zps2c746bd0.jpg

sodascouts
08-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Thanks - I'd never seen that before!