PDA

View Full Version : Prudential Center, Newark, NJ - 9/10/2014

VAisForEagleLovers
09-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Security is slipping...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Newark/1_zps7e842914.jpg

cynd1231
09-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Is this yours or are you on Twitter again?

VAisForEagleLovers
09-10-2014, 11:06 PM
Twitter! I would never sit that far away!

cynd1231
09-10-2014, 11:25 PM
That's why I was asking! :rofl:

MaryCalifornia
09-11-2014, 12:13 AM
You're too funny, VA! I was just about to remark about what great seats that guy/gal has! (wrong side of the stage, though. JUST KIDDING!!) They can't possibly have as many security guards up on the sides as they do on the floor, I wouldn't think, can they??

Houston Baby
09-11-2014, 12:52 AM
The show was fabulous! The guys sounded great and seemed to be really having a great time. Glenn nailed New Kid in Town. His voice was so strong & clear. Timothy was adorable and having such a good time interacting with the crowd. Joe being from New Jersey was a crowd favorite and Don was really animated and funny! Bernie was great! More later! Can't wait till Saturday! Hope I have recovered by then!

cynd1231
09-11-2014, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the preview review, HB. Look forward to the details.

sodascouts
09-11-2014, 12:58 AM
You're too funny, VA! I was just about to remark about what great seats that guy/gal has! (wrong side of the stage, though. JUST KIDDING!!) They can't possibly have as many security guards up on the sides as they do on the floor, I wouldn't think, can they??

I've sat that far away several times - they typically have one or two security per section in that area, but they don't always seem quite as diligent as the Blackshirts on the floor.

The show was fabulous! The guys sounded great and seemed to be really having a great time. Glenn nailed New Kid in Town. His voice was so strong & clear. Timothy was adorable and having such a good time interacting with the crowd. Joe being from New Jersey was a crowd favorite and Don was really animated and funny! Bernie was great! More later! Can't wait till Saturday! Hope I have recovered by then!

I'm glad to hear everything went so well - but I could have guessed as much! ;) Looking forward to more!

Glennsallnighter
09-11-2014, 04:51 AM
Hope you've recovered by Saturday too HB. Can't wait to meet you TOMORROW

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2014, 06:40 AM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Newark/2_zpsb9df13cd.jpg

SallyGee
09-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Awesome! Amazing! Everyone looked and sounded great. Glen mentioned that it was the eve of the thirteenth anniversary of 9/11. He said he was impressed at the resiliency and the community of the people. It was very appropriate being so close to NY. It would have been a perfect opportunity to play Hole In the World, but no such luck. We got home a little after one, and I was so wound up, I could not fall asleep. Now I get to go to work. It doesn't matter. I am so happy. I want to go again! That's right, I am! Saturday!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2014, 07:13 AM
From the camera mounted at the end of Joe's guitar during RMW:

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Newark/3_zps565bf9bd.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2014, 07:17 AM
Another...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Newark/4_zps335e7e6d.jpg

cynd1231
09-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Just found this review.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/review-the-eagles-perform-a-tightly-honed-show-at-the-prudential-center-1.1086006

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Saw this tweet from last night:

It was an honor to meet and talk to Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh last night after the show. Great guys and still know how to rock.

Jealous!!!!

SilverMoon
09-12-2014, 12:44 AM
Hotel California

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJqZIhpBaY

OutlawManNJ
09-12-2014, 03:09 AM
This was my first Eagles show since 1994(see photos from that show i posted somewhere in this forum). My second overall. So i had not seen them in 20 years. Speaking of years i didnt see many fresh faces at the show. The crowd was for sure more mature if you will.

I was sitting way up top. The sound was "canny" like sound like a can. But after a few songs you got used to it.

The show was real good. Liked the comments between songs even though we got less of that as the show went on (wished there were more stories). Joe walsh really took the show to the next level when he had the spotlight. I was surprised to hear rocky mountain high almost closing the show.

Glenn made a nice remark to Randy saying this ones for you wherever you are. So yeah randy and felder were obviously missing. The historyntour would be more complete if both were there. They could have told a nice story as theynstarted when introducing bernie for the second song.

All in all great show. Saw tom petty tonigh a night after the eagles and my wife and i enjoyed the eagles more. And i was really looking forward to tom petty as i had never seen him.

Ps. I took shots of the eagles in 94 (see another thread) and made a few prints for a friend. A few years back she met henley at a meet and greet and took the photo for him to sign. He looked at it and said "where did you get this? (U know hes against people taking pics) she got nervous and the He said "im only kidding" and signed it.

Pps when the show started only half the seats were taken and i was like oh man this sucks but somehow they filled up

VAisForEagleLovers
09-12-2014, 07:06 AM
OMNJ, I'm glad you enjoyed the show! The review posted here mentioned that people were late getting to their seats. I guess most shows don't start on time or people assume there's a warm up band. I hear that JD and The Straight Shots did open, but before 8pm.

prayfordaylight
09-12-2014, 09:27 AM
According to their website, JD will be at the next 4 shows (excluding the Walden benefit). Yippee.

OutlawManNJ
09-12-2014, 12:02 PM
OMNJ, I'm glad you enjoyed the show! The review posted here mentioned that people were late getting to their seats. I guess most shows don't start on time or people assume there's a warm up band. I hear that JD and The Straight Shots did open, but before 8pm.

In newark ther was no opening band.

Ps. I paid 40 bucks to park right next to the arena. I knew i was over paying by about 15 but was kinda stuck on that street and would have been a super hassle to back up and get back in heavy traffic. I bit the bullet and paid 40.

40 to park. 300ish for two nose bleed seats. 10 bucks beers. Among that and a few other things we are talking $400-450 night out.

Its really outrageous.

For tom petty one night later at pnc i paid 40 for lawn...once at venue upgraded for extra 10 to actual seats. No parking fee. So for us two spent about $150 with beer etc.

Thats much more reasonable than 400plus. This is probably why i havent been to too many eagles shows.

SallyGee
09-12-2014, 05:12 PM
JD did play at Newark. They played really early though. They were just finishing when we sat down. I wasn't too upset. Maybe 7:30. There was an Eagles tribute band playing outside before the show. That was fun.They were also selling the Greatest hits CD for $20. With that you got a chance to win a guitar signed by the Eagles. The proceeds were split between the Shriners and Walden Woods.The winning number was posted on the screen during intermission.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-12-2014, 06:26 PM
In newark ther was no opening band.

JD and The Straight Shot opened, he usually gets off stage around 7:30. HH and HB were there and watched him.

Roey
09-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Thought the concert was amazing. The band seemed to be relaxed and enjoying themselves (or maybe because, by accident, I was in the front row which I have never experienced at any concert and this is the normal experience for front row.) which added to my enjoyment. Glenn is a great band leader, Don...what a voice, Bernie added energy, Joe got the place rocking and added humor, Timothy added soul. The combo is magical. I loved hearing the soundtrack of my life but I hope, with all this time they are spending together on tour, we can look forward to new songs. They have too much talent to stop now. If someone with access to the band reads this please pass this request on.

I am looking forward to Thursday's concert at the garden. Love all of the band members and appreciate their talent but Timothy B Schmidt has a major hook in my heart.

SallyGee
09-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Welcome Roey. I was at this concert also, as well as last night. As you can tell from my avi, Timothy has a special place in my heart too. Both concerts were great, but Timothy's songs were definitely the highlights for me. If you don't mind my asking, how did you end up in the first row by accident?

MaryCalifornia
09-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the review, Roey, and welcome!! Come visit the Timmy threads!

Roey
09-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the welcomes! How I wound up in the front row was more "unexpected" than "by accident". I went to the box office about 45 minutes before the show hoping for tickets. I was offered 2 seats in the front row which I declined assuming they were more than I should pay. The ticket seller showed me a map of the venue and said" Let me explain, the stage is here and the seats are here. The tickets have just been released, you work hard and deserve it". My reply was OK. I loved the concert.

I was in a funk on Saturday, the weather was dreary and I wasn't going to Saturday's concert at MSG. I bought tickets to Thursday's concert at MSG, 6th row (not discounted!). Can't wait !!!!

Houston Baby
09-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Way to go Roey! And that is how most of us here justify our tickets - we work hard and deserve it! :hilarious:

WELCOME ROEY!!

sodascouts
09-17-2014, 12:12 AM
How freaking awesome, Roey! wow!

Brooke
09-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Roey, unbelievable! Good for you! :applause:

I had that happen to me at a John Fogerty concert a few years ago! It is hard to believe when it happens!

SallyGee
09-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Wow I love that Roey. Maybe I should try that some time!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Welcome. Roey
Glad things worked out for you