PDA

View Full Version : Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 9/13/2014

VAisForEagleLovers
09-13-2014, 08:47 PM
Joe backstage with John McEnroe

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/nyc%20sep%2013/joeandjohnnymac_zps7028fe2c.jpg

cynd1231
09-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Saw that on Twitter. Wonder if Letterman got backstage, LOL? Heard from anyone?

shunlvswx
09-13-2014, 10:20 PM
I wonder if Patty Smyth went to the show with John and said hello to Don.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-14-2014, 12:07 AM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/nyc%20sep%2013/1_zps18dde0f8.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/nyc%20sep%2013/2_zpsd1ef6a50.jpg

sodascouts
09-14-2014, 03:26 AM
Too late to post much now, but the show was excellent and the guys were very relaxed, even playful. They were fantastic! More details later!

Glennsallnighter
09-14-2014, 08:55 AM
OMG OMG!

Had a wonderful night last night in NYC, the guys were in great form and were very loose and relaxed. No admonishments from either Glenn :heart: or Don either. I was in the 5th row centre with Dreamer right in front of Glenn :heart:, and we all rocked from start to finish. The 'no stranding' policy was completely relaxed as far as I could see and lots of us in the first few rows stood for much of the show. Nearly every song got a standing ovation and the audience were very onside and appreciative.

At the end I was walking out on the right hand side and looked up to wave to Don and Glenn :heart: as they were leaving the stage. Don waved back then took a second take smiled at me and said something like 'hello how are you?' Then Glenn :heart: smiled at me and said 'hi'.

I just saw Glenn :heart: give one person a pick via security and early in the show Bernie threw a pick out but I didn't see anyone else get any 'souvenirs'.

I was also at the VIP dinner with dreamer, Henley Honey and her long suffering husband. We met the two Austrian ladies - they recognised HH, so stayed with us at our table. However just before the raffle (about 7:15) they left with our host - which was a pity coz they won a raffle prize.
The gift bag was nice but a little toned down on last year. I can't really see myself using the scarf or the money bag. However there were some picks on the tables. These I willl definitely use.

And when I get home, I have a few little surprises to post!!!

GlennLover
09-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Glad you had such a terrific tome, Gals! GA, I can't wait to hear the surprises!:partytime:

DivineDon
09-14-2014, 09:05 AM
Don waved back then took a second take smiled at me and said something like 'hello how are you?' :fainting:

:heart::heart::heart:

cynd1231
09-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Sounds like a wonderful night. Looking forward to reading more. Safe travels to those of you making your return trips.

cynd1231
09-14-2014, 11:33 AM
I've searched the NYC papers online for a review of the show lastnight and found they are all sorely lacking any reference. I did, however, stumble across this little tidbit. How ironic that JD got a write-up, albeit not the greatest review. I guess being such an integral part of the NYC/MSG scene has its advantages.

For those of you with tickets to the next few shows where JD will be opening, you may want to consider milking that last drink for all it's worth before heading to your seats for the main attraction. Just sayin'.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/14/dolans-band-performance-shows-limited-range-shaky-vocals/

boston steve
09-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Great show last night! My wife and I sat 4th row center in front of TBS. It was the first time in many years I did not bring or use a camera. I must admit the lack of hands up holding glowing objects was a pleasant respite from the usual crowds nowadays. The crowd in my section seemed to definitely get the message to keep electronics off. We sat next to a couple who was obviously loaded and wanted to make friends with everyone- fine for pre show but during the show is not the time to be kibitzing. At times they were a little annoying but we did not let them affect our night. The guy showed me a setlist which indicated "Hotel California" to be the opening song- that's all I needed to know about those two. I saw Glenn take a pill or something right before he sat down on the amp box to start the show. He seemed to have a few sniffles at the beginning but sounded great during the show. These guys have a lot of stamina- they played back to back nights and brought the energy and enthusiasm last night.

I saw Bernie flip his pick into the crowd at the end of the first set- I think a person in the front row caught it. Also saw TBS give 2 picks to security to give to a couple of fans.

I think the importance of JW's contributions cannot be overstated. WIth Joe they can play legitimate rock and roll tunes and change the mood of the audience quickly- I would like ot see one of his songs in the first set to bring up the tempo a little. I could watch him play guitar for hours. Simply superb.

The band seemed to be enjoying themselves throughout the show; before "The Long Run", Don mentioned the song was about perseverance: something NYC should know about- referring of course to 9/11.

As the show neared its conclusion I tried to get by the annoying couple to get up front in search of a pick; the dopey guy told me they still had to play "Life in the Fast Lane"- which they had played several songs prior. He was sorry he missed it! Haha! Have another drink!

Anyways after the show, and asking many roadies, one guy ( maybe a tour manager or someone like that) was removing the remainder of Glenn's picks from the mic stand. I asked for one and he threw it to me. So now I have 3 Glenn Picks, one TBS pick. Still need a JW and a pair of DH drumsticks would be great- but that's a "high class problem" I can live with.
We are going Thursday ( front row dead center seats 8,9) cannot wait. May be the last time.
Hope everyone had a great time. See you at the show-
Boston Steve

PS- if you would like to check out pix from earlier in the tour (as well as other artists) check out my photobucket:

http://s99.photobucket.com/?postlogin=true

also -
on my YT channel TIE- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rbojQSwVE&list=UU-zZ7MDBgc4BiBZcC5dJHUg

cynd1231
09-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Terrific review, Steve, and glad you had such a great time in spite of the clueless moron next to you! Hotel California as the opener? I would have been inclined to ask him what planet he just arrived from, lol!

The guys seem to be less inclined to toss picks into the crowd this leg of the tour. The only 'gift' I saw in Omaha was Glenn giving something to a young (maybe 12 yr old) fan in the front row at the end of the show. And most people who have seen them recently have also commented on this particular issue. Curious!

Wish I was going to be at one of these upcoming shows but my plans for Boston fell thru before I could really get arrangements in place. I'm bummed about it but such is life.

Looking forward to more comments from others who were there lastnight AND your comments after your next show.

Thirsty&Hot
09-14-2014, 12:49 PM
I didn't go this time, but I had a fantastic time at the pre-show meet up. So glad I was able to meet Sodascouts, Houston Baby, Desperada, and SallyGee and her husband (is he on here too?)

I wish I could have gone to the post show meet up as well. Sorry I missed meeting those of you who were at the VIP pre show etc.

Sounds like an amazing night! Looking forward to hearing more accounts of the show! :)

SallyGee
09-14-2014, 01:24 PM
We enjoyed meeting such wonderful people at the pre show dinner. Sorry we couldn't meet up after the show but we had to catch a train home. Meeting fellow Borderers added to the whole show experience. I don't have much to say about the show except it was wonderful. Boston Steve gave a great review. We didn't have great seats, but they were straight on. I brought my trusty binoculars,and was very happy. Before the show, I was looking down around the front of the stage, and I saw Jean Schmit. She was on the right side, and walked down the aisle with a man with a suit jacket maybe security. She looked in the first few rows in the center. It looked like she was looking for someone, but she didn't seem to find them. She turned and left off to the side of the stage.

Witchy Woman
09-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Terrific show !! The guys were in great spirits (I really wish they would stop wearing the same clothes, though). I didn't have any jerks around me, which was a good thing. Don seemed especially happy and playful, he even mugged into one of the cameras when Glenn introduced him.

I do have to extend my apologies for not being able to meet after the show. For some inane reason they shut down all the escalators and wouldn't let me use the stairs. I had to use the elevator, which took way too damn long, and by the time I got out it was cutting it too close to catching the last train. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone. I hope we have a chance to meet when Don tours.

Elizasong
09-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Sounds like everyone had a great time and the band was great. Can't wait to hear about GA's surprises. I wish I could afford to go to Thursday show. Love hearing all the reviews. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
09-15-2014, 01:15 AM
Just finished my four-hour drive from the Nashville airport about a half hour ago and I'm about to go to bed, but I thought I'd drop by this thread really quickly and see what else has been posted. Great review, steve! And as several have noted, it was so wonderful to meet people before and after the show!

WW - I wondered where you were! I'm sorry we missed each other, but this is certainly not going to be the last time I travel for something Eagles-related. Hopefully we will cross paths sometime in the future.

This will, however, be my last Eagles show for the foreseeable future. I can't afford to travel to any more shows this leg, and who knows what they'll do after the overseas gigs. I figure they'll probably at least do more Vegas gigs in the future, but this may have been my last epic three-hour show with Bernie and all the special rarities. It makes me sad to think that. :( :( :(

BTW to add to what boston steve said, I remember when Don was speaking before "The Long Run" he added "Whenever I see the footprints of the towers, I think of that" after talking about how, like the band, New Yorkers "survive" and "persevere." Eloquent as always.

flojo
09-15-2014, 09:50 AM
So glad you all enjoyed the show, I'll be sure to review tonight's once I've recovered tomorrow. We're in the front row, I wonder if Glenn will recognise us? I doubt it but it would be amazing.

DivineDon
09-15-2014, 11:21 AM
BTW to add to what boston steve said, I remember when Don was speaking before "The Long Run" he added "Whenever I see the footprints of the towers, I think of that" after talking about how, like the band, New Yorkers "survive" and "persevere." Eloquent as always.

Any wonder why I adore this man? Don!!! :iloveyou:

Brooke
09-15-2014, 11:59 AM
BS, SG, WW, and Soda, thanks for your thoughts! It sounds like it was another fabulous Eagles show! But what else would we expect....they're always fabulous!

I'm also glad most of you got to meet up! Makes it all the more fun! :thumbsup:

Topkat
09-15-2014, 12:27 PM
OMG! Sorry for not posting sooner but I had a very busy weekend.

Jason & I had great seats on the 1st level, side. This is the first time Jason has seen the Eagles, so he was totally mesmerized!
What impresses me so much about MSG is the quality of the sound there. I mean, the guys are always great, but for some reason, the sound was particularly great Sat. night.

The guys were all in a very good mood, most especially Glenn. I do recall seeing him do a lot of dancing during the second set. I don't recall if he always does that, but he seemed very enthusiastic Sat. night.
Vocally, they were so on the money. Tim's voice is actually sounding higher again, & I think better than last years performance. Don was perfect as always.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We had a great time, & got to meet up with Soda, HH, GAN, Des, Dreamer, & I think a few others who I don't remember their board names. Anyway, it was great seeing you guys again, as always.:partytime::partytime:
Sorry we didn't get to meet the others that came to the dinner, but we weren't ready that early to get to the city by 5:30.

Glennsallnighter
09-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Well as The band seemed looser and security was more lax, and also also a few people around me were using phones to video or take pics I decided to risk it in the second half. I managed to get 4 before I was asked to stop. But here they are anyway

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/NYC%202014/NYC4.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/Irisheaglesfan/media/NYC%202014/NYC4.jpg.html)

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/NYC%202014/NYC2.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/Irisheaglesfan/media/NYC%202014/NYC2.jpg.html)

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/NYC%202014/NYC3.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/Irisheaglesfan/media/NYC%202014/NYC3.jpg.html)

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/NYC%202014/NYC1.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/Irisheaglesfan/media/NYC%202014/NYC1.jpg.html)

Then I was asked to put the camera away. I did but managed to get my last one

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/NYC%202014/NYC4-2.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/Irisheaglesfan/media/NYC%202014/NYC4-2.jpg.html)

Enjoy

sodascouts
09-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Thank you so much! There has been a dearth of photos from this show. The third is my fave!

Freypower
09-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Well done GA. Much appreciated.

Houston Baby
09-15-2014, 09:19 PM
I know I told you Saturday night GA but I will repeat - Great photos, great memories! :partytime:

DivineDon
09-16-2014, 06:15 AM
Great photos, GA, fair play to you! I especially like this one as you can imagine :thumbsup:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/NYC%202014/NYC4.jpg (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/Irisheaglesfan/media/NYC%202014/NYC4.jpg.html)

Don looks soooo well :heart:

UndertheWire
09-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Good pictures, GA. It looks like both Don and Glenn have decided to own the grey.

Brooke
09-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Ga, awesome pics! Thanks for taking the risk!

I'm lovin' the gray on Don and Glenn! :thumbsup:

bluefeather
09-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Good ones Ga, thanks!:partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-16-2014, 05:57 PM
I just saw Glenn nine days ago and he wasn't gray! Same brown as always!

Glennsallnighter
09-16-2014, 06:24 PM
He wasn't grey. Its just the light. You can appreciate I did not have any time to line up the shots or wait for better lighting. It was point, focus, shoot and hide. But I'm thrilled that I have a few personal pics from the HOTE tour.

UndertheWire
09-17-2014, 05:11 AM
It looks brown in other photos from the show. It's funny what a difference the lighting makes. Not that it matters, but I liked the silver effect.

Desperada
09-17-2014, 05:29 PM
The Eagles were fab., wouldn't it be great if we could make the concert
night "last forever"! Thanks for the great reviews and the photos.
M.S.G. is a great venue.
The icing on the cake was meeting Soda,GA,HB,Dreamer,T&H, and HH.
I hope i got the Border names right. I really enjoyed your company.
Same time, same place, this time next year, please:pray:
GA I love your picture with Glenn:thumbsup:

Freypower
09-17-2014, 06:37 PM
It looks brown in other photos from the show. It's funny what a difference the lighting makes. Not that it matters, but I liked the silver effect.

Sorry, but what other photos from the Madison Square Garden show? I haven't seen any except the two on page 1 of this thread & GA's. Could you provide a link please?

SallyGee
09-17-2014, 07:19 PM
GA your pictures are great. I can't believe they came out so well since you had to take them so quickly. I guess you were too far from Timothy. But he's in the group shot. Thank you!

GlennLover
09-17-2014, 07:32 PM
Love the pics, GA! Glad you were able to get them before the gestapo moved in!

Thirsty&Hot
09-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Just finished my four-hour drive from the Nashville airport about a half hour ago and I'm about to go to bed, but I thought I'd drop by this thread really quickly and see what else has been posted. Great review, steve! And as several have noted, it was so wonderful to meet people before and after the show!

WW - I wondered where you were! I'm sorry we missed each other, but this is certainly not going to be the last time I travel for something Eagles-related. Hopefully we will cross paths sometime in the future.

This will, however, be my last Eagles show for the foreseeable future. I can't afford to travel to any more shows this leg, and who knows what they'll do after the overseas gigs. I figure they'll probably at least do more Vegas gigs in the future, but this may have been my last epic three-hour show with Bernie and all the special rarities. It makes me sad to think that. :( :( :(

what a great Don quote!

Glennsallnighter
09-21-2014, 05:08 AM
GA your pictures are great. I can't believe they came out so well since you had to take them so quickly. I guess you were too far from Timothy. But he's in the group shot. Thank you!

My plan had been to get just one of each. I got one of Joe but the light was too strong on him so it didn't come out too good. Once I had been told to put the camera away I left it like that so missed Timothy. Sorry. Just couldn't take the risk. On a personal note I'm glad I got Glenn :heart: anyway.

UndertheWire
09-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Sorry, but what other photos from the Madison Square Garden show? I haven't seen any except the two on page 1 of this thread & GA's. Could you provide a link please?
A good question but I don't remember where I saw them. It's possible I was thinking of the photos from Allentown.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Since they all wear the same clothes over and over, it's easy to get confused.

Hindsight is 20/20, but if I had to do over again, I'd have worn the same outfit to each show I attended. They probably wouldn't have noticed, but if they had I wonder if they'd have wondered why I did that?

sodascouts
09-21-2014, 07:15 PM
It seems every show BUT this one has had at least one set of professional photos taken.

Thank goodness for GA, is all I can say!

Scattergun2570
09-22-2014, 12:45 AM
I am new here..and I hate to complain about something,,it has NOTHING to do with the Eagles..
I saw the Eagles for the first time in my life at MSG on the 13th... It was my first trip to the Garden,and my last! I cannot believe I paid $180 odd dollars to sit in a seat that belonged in a 1st grade classroom. Talk about tight ! I don`t know about anyone here,but not being able to put my arms on the arm rest without feeling a hairy forearm touching mine is not my idea of comfort. My feet were pressed up against the back of the seat in front of mine..felt like I was packed like a Sardine. Needless to say,it was very uncomfortable for 3 hrs.and took away from my enjoyment of the show. I wanted to hear other peoples thoughts on this.. oh the Eagles..yeah they kicked ass.:headbang: