PDA

View Full Version : Longbransch Pennywhistle

bofinken57
09-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Hi fellow eagles fans

im a swedish fan who wonder if there are any here that has a good version oc the longbranch pennywhistle vinyl record or in digital format without any clocks and pops and crackles on it

and im also looking for collectors of the eagles concerts + solo concerts of the band members, to maybe do trades with, and i mean in digital format such as Flac (not cdr)

sodascouts
09-17-2014, 04:51 PM
I wish I had a clean version of it, but I ripped my digital copy from a vinyl - hence, the snap, crackle, pop.

Sorry vinyl enthusiasts, but I long for a re-release of Longbranch Pennywhistle on a format that doesn't degrade so horribly.

Scarlet Sun
09-17-2014, 05:38 PM
I wish I had a clean version of it, but I ripped my digital copy from a vinyl - hence, the snap, crackle, pop.

Sorry vinyl enthusiasts, but I long for a re-release of Longbranch Pennywhistle on a format that doesn't degrade so horribly.

What an odd thing to say. Vinyl doesn't degrade if you take care of it

sodascouts
09-17-2014, 06:09 PM
You mean like not play it? Because even people who treat their records really well - store them at good temperatures, handle them carefully (and boy do you have to be careful; they're like freaking eggshells they get damaged so easily) - will find that after time passes, there will be at least a couple crackles. Show me a pristine record and I'll show you a record that never gets played... which kind of defeats the purpose.

Scarlet Sun
09-17-2014, 07:34 PM
You mean like not play it? Because even people who treat their records really well - store them at good temperatures, handle them carefully (and boy do you have to be careful; they're like freaking eggshells they get damaged so easily) - will find that after time passes, there will be at least a couple crackles. Show me a pristine record and I'll show you a record that never gets played... which kind of defeats the purpose.
A couple crackles?

cynd1231
09-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Sadly, I was looking at Longbranch Pennywhistle on Amazon a few days ago and all I saw was two copies on vinyl for $250 each!

bofinken57
09-19-2014, 04:56 AM
Sadly, I was looking at Longbranch Pennywhistle on Amazon a few days ago and all I saw was two copies on vinyl for $250 each!

yes i saw that too and on some other sites as well at same silly prices

sodascouts
09-19-2014, 05:35 PM
I got mine for $50, but it's not in pristine condition. However, I was eventually able to get it signed by both Glenn and JD, so to me it's priceless!

DJ
09-20-2014, 05:58 PM

Agreed Soda, I have some pristine albums and they still crackle and pop, so....

Houston Debutante
09-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Me too, several times in the past I've bought one brand new and on the first play right out of the wrapper the thing skips and you hear crackling, thank God we have better mediums than vinyl now.

Shadowland07
09-24-2014, 02:45 PM
There's a website called Music on Vinyl, and they mostly deal in reissues. There is a place where you can suggest a reissue...maybe if all of us suggest a reissue of Longbranch Pennywhistle they can try and do something?

sodascouts
09-24-2014, 09:23 PM
I guess it couldn't hurt.