PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at Royal Farms Arena, Baltimore, MD - July 20, 2015

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Formerly Baltimore Arena.

Will post ticket information when I find it.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 06:17 PM
AMEX PRE-SALE: March 16th at 10 am until March 19th at 10 pm

PUBLIC ON SALE: March 20th at 10 am

Royal Farms Arena (formerly Baltimore Arena)
201 W Baltimore St
Baltimore , MD 21201

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2015, 10:15 AM
The link (http://www.ticketmaster.com/eagles-history-of-the-eagles-baltimore-maryland-07-20-2015/event/15004E6C72350FAC?artistid=734977&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1) for tickets.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Since they changed the time of the Lexington presale, it meant that this one went on sale at the same time. I did Lex first, then went to this one. I wanted VIP (rows 2-10), and row six came up!! I went into a panic and instead of trying again, I went for front row. Good grief. That was an $325 uptick I didn't need to spend. Yet, front row for our guys is never a bad thing! Once my nerves settled and I checked again, of course row 4 came up. I guess this was meant to be?

Keith
03-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Since they changed the time of the Lexington presale, it meant that this one went on sale at the same time. I did Lex first, then went to this one. I wanted VIP (rows 2-10), and row six came up!! I went into a panic and instead of trying again, I went for front row. Good grief. That was an $325 uptick I didn't need to spend. Yet, front row for our guys is never a bad thing! Once my nerves settled and I checked again, of course row 4 came up. I guess this was meant to be?
Front row! Good for you!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Yes, well, since I spent the extra money, I'm not sure if Austin is still on the table for me. I did my taxes and lets just say Uncle Sam is applying the screws...

Keith
03-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Yes, well, since I spent the extra money, I'm not sure if Austin is still on the table for me. I did my taxes and lets just say Uncle Sam is applying the screws...
Funny! My wife did our taxes Sunday. Luckily, we at least broke even. Otherwise, I may have been S.O.L. for this leg, even though the better half/"accountant" had told me we could do ONE(tragic) Eagles show this year.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2015, 05:48 PM
I did mine on Sunday. I thought I was set for many, many shows. WTH? Need to have a talk with our payroll department. I'm glad at least that I was saving for shows, so now I don't have to take from regular savings to pay the taxes. I haven't owed taxes in over 20 years, this is a revolting development for me. Almost enough to make me want the joys of home ownership again.

Glennsallnighter
03-16-2015, 06:56 PM
Glad you got that front row ticket Verna! Hope you do not have to hand over too much money in tax though. We are taxed at source (Pay As You Earn) so we only get post tax pay. Means we don't get an exorbitant bill. I think for self employed people here you pay tax up front to counter balance expected earnings.

But back to our boys! Does that mean you are going to Baltimore and Lexington anyway?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2015, 09:50 PM
Glad you got that front row ticket Verna! Hope you do not have to hand over too much money in tax though. We are taxed at source (Pay As You Earn) so we only get post tax pay. Means we don't get an exorbitant bill. I think for self employed people here you pay tax up front to counter balance expected earnings.

But back to our boys! Does that mean you are going to Baltimore and Lexington anyway?

We are supposed to pay as we earn, and I did, just apparently not enough!

Yes, I'm going to both Lexington and Baltimore. I planned on going to Austin, too, but now I have to see if I have the $$ for it.

sodascouts
03-16-2015, 10:15 PM
While I'd love to see you in Austin, I understand your predicament, VA. Ah, to be independently wealthy!

As for the 6th row coming up before the 4th row... that's the old trick of not putting the very best ones up first in the hopes that people will do exactly what you did... but hey, I doubt you'll regret your purchase as you bask in front row glory!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2015, 10:32 PM
While I'd love to see you in Austin, I understand your predicament, VA. Ah, to be independently wealthy!

As for the 6th row coming up before the 4th row... that's the old trick of not putting the very best ones up first in the hopes that people will do exactly what you did... but hey, I doubt you'll regret your purchase as you bask in front row glory!

A lot of it is also sales that fall through at the end. Either not using American Express, or their card isn't accepted, or even just being at work and getting interrupted and getting timed out. MSG was different in that the entire 2nd row goes to Centurion card holders (at face value and not VIP price). I believe that American Express kicks in the difference, but I'm not sure about that.

klmeps
03-17-2015, 06:40 PM
What seat do you have Verna? My friend and I got front row for Baltimore too. Seats 9 & 10

Karen

Keith
03-18-2015, 06:46 AM
What seat do you have Verna? My friend and I got front row for Baltimore too. Seats 9 & 10

Karen
Congrats, Karen!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2015, 06:53 AM
Seat 5! It'll be good to see you again!

Brooke
03-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Wow, it's awesome that you all are getting such great seats! I've never had any luck getting such a seat in the beginning of the sale. :brickwall:

Glennsallnighter
03-18-2015, 11:25 AM
I suppose its a case of fastest finger first and having the cash to back it up. I imagine most of these seats would be VIP?

klmeps
03-18-2015, 08:30 PM
Yes, they are the VIP tickets.

klmeps
03-18-2015, 08:32 PM
What surprised me is my friend wasn't home all day Monday so she didn't get on to look for tickets until about 8 PM that night. I was shocked that there were still front row available.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2015, 08:48 PM
They are expensive tickets and it's not on a weekend, so not as many can travel from out of town, so less competition.

I've already been out on Steelers.com to shop for my clothes for this weekend. I realize that I already have drawers full of Steeler shirts, but I haven't bought one in over a year... It's time. I can't go to Baltimore in regular clothes!

klmeps
03-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Ok, I admit I'm confused - what do the Steelers have to do with Baltimore? I'm not sure I get the connection.

I've already been out on Steelers.com to shop for my clothes for this weekend. I realize that I already have drawers full of Steeler shirts, but I haven't bought one in over a year... It's time. I can't go to Baltimore in regular clothes!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-18-2015, 10:49 PM
Ok, I admit I'm confused - what do the Steelers have to do with Baltimore? I'm not sure I get the connection.

Steelers and Ravens HATE each other, and people in Baltimore do not like people walking through their city in Black and Gold clothes! Gets a reaction every time I do it. :hilarious:

Brooke
03-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Steelers and Ravens HATE each other, and people in Baltimore do not like people walking through their city in Black and Gold clothes! Gets a reaction every time I do it. :hilarious:

VA, you are an instigator! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2015, 05:34 PM
VA, you are an instigator! :hilarious:

You have it nailed perfectly!! I definitely am. :angel:

Ive always been a dreamer
03-22-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm still debating this show - the only thing stopping me is that it's on a Monday night just one week after the Charlottesville show. It's a 3-hour drive for me so I wouldn't get home until probably 3:00 a.m. :confused:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2015, 07:03 PM
I'm still debating this show - the only thing stopping me is that it's on a Monday night just one week after the Charlottesville show. It's a 3-hour drive for me so I wouldn't get home until probably 3:00 a.m. :confused:

I'll be getting a hotel room somewhere near the venue if you can stay over!

03-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Thanks, VA - I'm already taking a week off in July, so I don't know if I can take another day, but I'll do some checking. And you know that anytime you want to come back to Virginia, you are welcome at my place. I can always pawn the doggies off on my sisters for a few days.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-25-2015, 10:47 PM
Very glad this concert is still nearly 3 months away. Due to the protests and unrest, Baltimore is not a good place to be. The Orioles game just ended, and they asked everyone to remain in the stadium until the police get the protesters under control.

Glennsallnighter
04-29-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm sure things will have stabilised by then. I hope so anyway, I hear there was a game tonight but nobody was allowed go to it. Sad :-(

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Yes, it was an afternoon game, and they played the National Anthem and played the normal music as players came up to bat (each home team batter selects their own walk-on music). The opposing team joked to media that they would try and take the crowd out of the game early. Very surreal.

I just hope that this isn't on-going. Like more of these 'protests' when a grand jury convenes and has a verdict, etc. The arena is pretty close to the stadium.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Today, Southwest sent an email today to remind me about this trip!

MaryCalifornia
06-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Well that's a good thing, because I'm sure you had completely forgotten about it :wink:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2015, 07:50 AM
It is good to get the reminders, because while I never forget an Eagles concert, of course, I often forget what airline I ended up booking or when the flights might be! The problem with this is that it's a month away, so I have time to forget again!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-29-2015, 02:15 PM
I am not happy!!!! I just figured out this morning that while my seat number, #5, is a great number, IT'S NOT CENTER SECTION! I'm so mad at myself! How could I have made that mistake? It very definitely says 'Section 3', and I can't imagine any scenario where section 3 is the center section in any arena with only three sections across the front. Next time I buy tickets to a show I care about, I'm drinking an extra cup of coffee that morning... I'll still have a great time, I know, and front row is still better than what came up for me the first attempt. It's the idea of it...

Brooke
06-29-2015, 02:37 PM
VA, shoot! But it should be close to the aisle towards the center, right? That shouldn't be too bad from front row!

L101
06-29-2015, 03:26 PM
VA - I just looked at the seating plan for the Eagles - it looks like you will be in front of Timothy and possibly Glenn for most of the night - not bad seats :) and as a bonus, you could be more or less directly in front of Don when he plays the drums for Witchy Woman !! That should give you a good night - even though I'm not jealous at all :lie:

http://www.royalfarmsarena.com/seating.php

VAisForEagleLovers
06-29-2015, 03:31 PM
VA - I just looked at the seating plan for the Eagles - it looks like you will be in front of Timothy and possibly Glenn for most of the night - not bad seats :) and as a bonus, you could be more or less directly in front of Don when he plays the drums for Witchy Woman !! That should give you a good night - even though I'm not jealous at all :lie:

http://www.royalfarmsarena.com/seating.php

It has been my experience that Tim and even Bernie are in front of the center section. In Vegas, which is 18 seats across the section, I had the aisle seat in the center section and Timothy was between me and Glenn. In Raleigh I had the aisle seat on the side section and Steuart was in front of me. So, they definitely fit themselves in front of the center section.

MaryCalifornia
06-30-2015, 02:19 AM
Yeah, you'll be looking at Timothy to your right. I had that same section twice, but the inside aisle seat, and he was in front of me. Agree with Lacken, I do think Don will be DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF YOU for WW! Bernie, too, and GLENN on ICTYW!! It will be awesome and you will have a fab time, VA. You will see Tim and Crago's "coin on drum" shenanigans up close for sure!!! This is the correct seating chart (I'm sure you know) - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15004E6C72350FAC

VAisForEagleLovers
07-15-2015, 02:40 PM
I got my VIP email today, a sure sign it's getting closer! Last night I began picking out all the Steeler items to display while out and about... I'm sure people I've never met will say all kinds of things to me!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-17-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm so excited! I leave tomorrow for Baltimore. I'm staying right at the Inner Harbor, and I've never been there before except to play in volleyball tournaments, and once those were over, I was too sweaty, dirty, and tired to check out the things around the Harbor. I have friends who live nearby that I'm hoping to be able to see.

Then, of course, the ultimate event, the concert on Monday night. I can't wait! It's been since October since I've seen them and it feels like a year.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-18-2015, 12:39 PM
My flight is delayed. I found a bourbon loft, easy to find in KY. This selection of beverage seems appropriate. Bottoms up!
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/misc/IMG_20150718_122835667_zpshhun5cvr.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/vernakrose/media/misc/IMG_20150718_122835667_zpshhun5cvr.jpg.html)

MaryCalifornia
07-18-2015, 02:25 PM
Good luck with your travel, and enjoy your trip!!!

AlreadyGone95
07-18-2015, 03:56 PM
Enjoy the Eagle-themed drink and have a safe travel, VA! :)

Houston Baby
07-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Have a WONDERFUL time VA! Enjoy every moment! :partytime:

07-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Safe travels, VA.

I sure wish I could be joining you at the show on Monday night, but my training schedule at work refused to cooperate. :-(

klmeps
07-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Hope to see you there VA!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-19-2015, 09:20 AM
I'll be at the VIP dinner!

I forgot that Hyatt's version of 'free wifi' is for a short time span each day. On the other side of that, their breakfast buffet is $20. Guess I'll be taking a walk along the waterfront later to scavenge something cheaper. Otherwise, as usual, it's a nice hotel. You should be here, Dreamer!

ETA: The heat index is supposed to be 105 to 110 today, with actual temps in the high 90's. Heat advisories everywhere. Can hardly wait for them to shut off the AC in the arena later tonight. :lie:

07-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Oh VA - You don't know how much I'd love to be there (well, yeah, you probably do). But, there is no way. I have training sessions both Monday and Tuesday! :cry:

You and Karen (and any other Borderers) have a blast and blow the boys a kiss for me! :grouphug:

Roey
07-19-2015, 10:28 PM
We know all who are attending will enjoy the show, the Eagles never disappoint, have fun. I am envious. Savor every moment.

For the AC concert, I made a poster that said "Next Step: Residency + New music =Happy Fans". I was so ridiculed and humiliated by my family that I decided not to bring the poster. I noticed during the concert that Timothy and Glenn pointed, nodded and smiled at fans they seemed to know. I am thinking VA or others may be in this category. If you have access, would you mind mentioning my request? :shy:

Enjoy, looking forward to the reviews.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-20-2015, 08:29 AM
Yes, they do that for those they see a lot and/or those they know. I'm pretty sure Glenn, at least, already knows that those he sees at a lot of concerts have no wish for them to go into hiding after this!

Brooke
07-20-2015, 09:46 AM
VA, enjoy every minute! Can't wait to hear all about it! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-20-2015, 11:07 AM
I'm so looking forward to this! Geez, I feel like a teenager again!

L101
07-20-2015, 11:27 AM
VA - have a great time tonight !! If you can tear your eyes away from Glenn for a minute, have a good long look at Don for me :thumbsup:
Can't wait to hear all about it! !

cynd1231
07-20-2015, 11:30 AM
VA and all of you lucky ducks going tonight, have some fun for me! SO disappointed we won't be using our tickets for Dayton but my niece and her hubby are excited to be going in our place. Looking forward to your comments following tonight's show.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Saw yet another tweet from someone saying they're going to the concert and will be recording the entire thing via Periscope for all their friends.

jms18222
07-20-2015, 11:43 AM
I now really wish I had talked my brother into going to this concert but OTOH if I am going to spend another $400 I would prefer to spend it going to see Don alone.
They did promote Cass County on the screens on the side of the place. Te general reaction was love Take A Picture & yikes & painful were used to describe the Dolly song.
Be forewarned it WILL BE VERY HOT INSIDE. I had on a really thin summer dress & was sitting on the floor.

All I can add is really enjoy yourself because, just from their body language, this is going to really be it. The photo patrol was not out full commando either.

Brooke
07-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Saw yet another tweet from someone saying they're going to the concert and will be recording the entire thing via Periscope for all their friends.

Good luck to them! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-20-2015, 06:26 PM
They had crab cakes at VIP party.

Eta: now listening to Please come home for Christmas. Seriously.