PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY - July 25, 2015

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Will post ticket information when I find it.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2015, 06:14 PM
AMEX PRE-SALE: March 16th at 10 am until March 20th at 10 pm

PUBLIC ON SALE: March 21st at 10 am

Rupp Arena
430 West Vine Street
Lexington , KY 40507

Venue Website (www.rupparena.com)

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2015, 08:02 AM
The people in this state AMAZE me. Most of you probably don't realize it, but this state is completely divided in half, red and blue, and I don't mean politics. University of Kentucky in Lexington vs. Louisville.

Lexington is saying what a major coup it is to have the Eagles there and it's the only KY stop. I'm like...hello....where do you think the Eagles opened this tour? Good grief...

http://copiousnotes.bloginky.com/2015/03/12/the-eagles-will-return-to-rupp-arena-in-july/

Houston Baby
03-13-2015, 10:20 AM
"Lexington is saying what a major coup it is to have the Eagles there and it's the only KY stop. I'm like...hello....where do you think the Eagles opened this tour? Good grief..."

That is funny! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
03-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Even I know that (KFC Yum Centre, and I didn't have to google it!)

This would be my choice IF I manage to squeeze one of these shows in I think. I played with the idea of Detroit but it would mean two flights.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2015, 02:18 PM
GA, just so you know, this is about an hour, maybe an hour and fifteen minutes from Cincinnati. It's also about an hour or so from Louisville. It's an hour or less from my apartment, but if I'm still living there in late July I'll cry.

Also, I called them, and they are CLUELESS! They don't even have pricing information. All I wanted to know was how many chairs go across the front of the center section since none of their images show it. They don't know. So if I try for a VIP ticket and get seat number 20, that's perfect if there are 40 seats. It's not perfect if there are 80 seats across. I really thought about mentioning that the Yum! center has this sort of information at their fingertips...

Glennsallnighter
03-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Are you saying I would fly into Cincinnati? Or would there be a nearer airport? I don't know much about these new venues.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Are you saying I would fly into Cincinnati? Or would there be a nearer airport? I don't know much about these new venues.

Sorry! I should have been more clear! Lexington has the Bluegrass Airport (LEX). It's a small airport, but then so is Louisville (SDF). Cincinnati (CVG) is a much larger airport and a Delta hub. I was just giving you options, but you'd need to rent a car if you flew into CVG or SDF. You might need to rent a car even flying into Lexington, I'm not sure what the situation is there. I'll be talking to someone Sunday afternoon who's very familiar with the airport and I can find out.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Here is the link (http://www.ticketmaster.com/eagles-history-of-the-eagles-lexington-kentucky-07-25-2015/event/16004E6CE831686E?artistid=734977&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1) for tickets.

As you will see, this link is showing the presale time to be 11AM on Monday and not 10AM. The Eagles site says 10AM. You'd think Ticketmaster would know, but it wouldn't be the first time they fat fingered a number. I will send an email asking for clarification, but not sure when they'll get back to me.

The general public sale also shows 11AM for the 21st.

Glennsallnighter
03-15-2015, 05:28 AM
Sorry! I should have been more clear! Lexington has the Bluegrass Airport (LEX). It's a small airport, but then so is Louisville (SDF). Cincinnati (CVG) is a much larger airport and a Delta hub. I was just giving you options, but you'd need to rent a car if you flew into CVG or SDF. You might need to rent a car even flying into Lexington, I'm not sure what the situation is there. I'll be talking to someone Sunday afternoon who's very familiar with the airport and I can find out.

Thanks for doing that research VA! I don't think car hire would be an option for me. We drive on the left over here and I am used to a right hand drive. As such I think I would be a liability on American roads!

sodascouts
03-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks for doing that research VA! I don't think car hire would be an option for me. We drive on the left over here and I am used to a right hand drive. As such I think I would be a liability on American roads!

My father attempted to drive in Ireland on my family's first visit there many years ago - I was just a teenager at the time. We wound up losing a hubcap.

Even crossing the road on foot in Scotland, I almost got hit by a car because I looked the wrong way. Luckily in London and many other major cities in the UK "LOOK LEFT" is painted on the street (http://www.flickr.com/photos/isthistheendofzombieshakespeare/3804173223/) at busy intersections, lol.

When driving on the opposite side of the road than the one you're accustomed to, there's always this vague feeling of terror every time you turn that you're heading right into traffic. Even though your brain knows that you're SUPPOSED to be on that side, your gut tightens instinctively. One slip up where you follow your instinct and forget to turn into the proper lane...

Yeah, it's a bad idea.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2015, 10:22 AM
I got front row for this concert, but no idea if it's a 'really' good seat, as there's not a single seating chart that tells you how many seats across it is, so I have no idea what 'center' is. Assuming it's 48 or 50, which is what most arenas are when it goes all the way across, my seat would be dead center. I'm just shocked that repeated calls to the arena and several emails to Ticketmaster, and no one could tell me what the seat set up is. Someone has to know, since they've created tickets for it...

Also, they were due to go on sale at 11am, and while I was going to check the VIP packages here, HH texted me that they changed it to 10am!

Keith
03-16-2015, 11:41 AM
I got front row for this concert, but no idea if it's a 'really' good seat, as there's not a single seating chart that tells you how many seats across it is, so I have no idea what 'center' is. Assuming it's 48 or 50, which is what most arenas are when it goes all the way across, my seat would be dead center. I'm just shocked that repeated calls to the arena and several emails to Ticketmaster, and no one could tell me what the seat set up is. Someone has to know, since they've created tickets for it...

Also, they were due to go on sale at 11am, and while I was going to check the VIP packages here, HH texted me that they changed it to 10am!
Yeah, I passed on third row here because I could only speculate where they were. Big let down since I could have driven to this one.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2015, 11:52 AM
There are 40 seats across in section 1. Row D is still coming up...

Keith
03-16-2015, 12:06 PM
There are 40 seats across in section 1. Row D is still coming up...
Thanks VK. I'm gonna pass. Went with Oklahoma City instead.

sodascouts
03-16-2015, 10:11 PM
Congrats on your first row, VA!

Glennsallnighter
03-17-2015, 05:00 AM
Delighted you will get to see them from Row 1 VA! First row is always special!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-22-2015, 06:47 PM
Glad you were able to go for front row, VA. I'm still thinking about this show. It's a long drive for me, but definitely doable!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Glad you were able to go for front row, VA. I'm still thinking about this show. It's a long drive for me, but definitely doable!

If I move back to VA, I'll be making the drive as well. I really have no idea if I'll be here or there...

03-22-2015, 08:45 PM
Well - let's play it by ear. Even though it's a lot farther than Baltimore, this show actually may work out better since it's a weekend.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-10-2015, 11:14 PM
TimFan222, in the other thread you said you and your friends would be at this show and in the front row. Do you have VIP seats? If so, we can meet at the pre-concert party.

TimFan222
07-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Yes we do I will have on a Timothy Expando shirt. Hope to see you!!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-11-2015, 10:01 AM
I have no idea what I'll be wearing yet, but I'll let you know!

Houston Baby
07-18-2015, 09:56 AM
Just checked the weather and it looks pretty good for next weekend. :partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-18-2015, 10:01 AM
It's hotter than forty hells at the moment, and very humid. I'm not complaining, mind you, because it's better than snow. I'm glad we won't have to walk outside to get to the arena or my hair will frizz up. It's bad enough that'll happen at Monday night's concert!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-23-2015, 12:33 AM
HB had the great idea of getting champagne for back in our hotel room after the concert. To toast the end of an unbelievably great run for this tour. If they decide later to do more shows after Don gets some touring in, then we'll just have to toast them again. A real hardship!

I'm looking forward to this concert, even though I just saw them. I love them all and can't wait to see them all again. I can't wait to hear Reprise again. They all sounded so great on Monday, and of course to me Glenn sounded the best. I can't wait to hear it all again.

TF222, I have decided what I'm wearing and of course, I have no idea how to describe it. It's a printed top that is shades of blue. I have long blonde hair, that might be easier to pick out, and will be in the line for front row.

Glennsallnighter
07-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Soda and I say ENJOY VA. We will think of you while we are making do with Hard Rock in Dublin along with Lacken101 and Desperada!

YES!!! There a Border Party going on in Dublin Ireland tonight!

Keith
07-23-2015, 04:29 PM
Hope everyone on both sides of the pond have a great time!:partytime:

Brooke
07-23-2015, 04:45 PM
Yes, have fun everyone! :partytime::partytime::partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-23-2015, 10:54 PM
An article ahead of this show...

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/07/23/3956755/ultimately-eagles-have-all-been.html

AlreadyGone95
07-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Enjoy the concert tonight VA and HB! (And anyone else who is going)

Glennsallnighter
07-25-2015, 03:10 PM
Enjoy VA and HB! Soda and I are here in Dublin - we'd love to be with you!

Roey
07-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Enjoy everybody. I know the reviews will be fantastic.

07-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Well - I checked diligently up through Wednesday to see if any tickets dropped that were worthy of making the 10-hour drive and there was absolutely NOTHING! :sad: So I'm at home this weekend getting some much needed R & R (if you count working for 3 hours this afternoon). I was in hopes that I would strike paydirt so I could see this show one more time, but it was not to be.

In any event all of you who are going have a blast, and can't wait to hear from you afterwards.

zeldabjr
07-25-2015, 06:44 PM
Enjoy tonight ladies!!! I know you will...can't wait to hear all about it!!