PDA

View Full Version : Need info on TV special aired around early 2000's

nickrocks79
03-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Hi. I am a new member. Of course love the band from the beginning!
I had taped a TV special around 2003, I think it's a documentary. But I can't recall or locate it. Any help on the name or network?
Thanks!!

UndertheWire
03-29-2015, 06:17 AM
Could it be the Farewell 1 - Live from Melbourne?
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684&highlight=Farewell

VAisForEagleLovers
03-29-2015, 10:50 AM
I was thinking the same thing, UTW, as it's the only thing I can think of that aired in the early 2000's. Nickrocks79, you don't say what country you're from, and that might make a difference. NBC aired parts of Farewell 1 on June 1, 2005.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-29-2015, 12:06 PM
I can't think of anything other than Farewell I either. I'm assuming the PA in nickrock's location means Pennsylvania.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-29-2015, 12:46 PM
I can't think of anything other than Farewell I either. I'm assuming the PA in nickrock's location means Pennsylvania.

Definitely a foreign country, then! :hilarious:

Seriously, though, I meant to welcome you, Nick, and I hope you stick around! I grew up in PA (near Pittsburgh), and there are several of us here that are from The Keystone State.

nickrocks79
03-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah I am from Greensburg, PA. USA lol!:thumbsup:

I was taping this show, but got interrupted and misplaced the tape. I can swear it was early 2000's. I think it was part documentary, and concert footage. Can't recall network, but had to be on a major network, Not sure of name. Is it available anywhere.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Yeah I am from Greensburg, PA. USA lol!:thumbsup:

I was taping this show, but got interrupted and misplaced the tape. I can swear it was early 2000's. I think it was part documentary, and concert footage. Can't recall network, but had to be on a major network, Not sure of name. Is it available anywhere.

I'll be driving past there on my way to Somerset next weekend. I hope yinz get the weather under control before I make the trip!

Was it the Eagles or just Joe? I know Joe had a thing that was like a documentary and with concert footage of him and the Eagles (I think) on PBS that discussed his road to sobriety. That would have been before Farewell 1. NBC only aired the concert of FW1 and not the interviews at the end, if I remember correctly, so I doubt that's what you're thinking of.

nickrocks79
03-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Definitely the Eagles. I'd say one of the 3 major networks.
The weather is cold now! Hope it warms soon!

NightMistBlue
03-30-2015, 10:25 AM
I hope yinz get the weather under control before I make the trip!

OMG, did you also say you-inz* in your neck o' the woods? I thought that was a central Pennsylvania thing. I was born in Florida but raised mostly in Penna. Went back to Florida for college and never left, but still visit PA a few times a year to see my folks.

* rough translation: you all

I also remember seeing that Eagles documentary in the early 2000s. It focused on Joe's sobriety but had a lot of concert footage too.

nickrocks79
03-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Yinz is a common Pittsburgh slang for you!
So would that be called Farewell 1 then?

VAisForEagleLovers
03-30-2015, 01:28 PM
I don't remember the name of Joe's show. I'm not sure I ever watched it. If I were you, I'd purchase Farewell 1 and see if that's the one you're thinking of. Even if it's not, it's a great thing to watch. Over and over and over... :D

Yes, while I lived in the DC area, I was frequently referred to as a 'towel-waving yinzer.'