PDA

View Full Version : Farewell 1 Survivor

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
04-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Time for the Farewell 1 Survivor, where we vote off the song performances on the DVD / BluRay until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list all the songs performed on the concert here. Vote for the performance that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song performance that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you think should GO, not the one you think should stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember... it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Once the board clock strikes 8:00 pm Eastern on the second day, no more votes will be counted for that round - even if it's only seconds after. Your votes also cannot be changed once you have voted, even if you change your mind or make a mistake. Once it's on the record, that's it - so be careful!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared. The exception is the last round. If the tiebreaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

Special note: Due to the fact that there are so many songs, the first 10 rounds will be double eliminations - two songs will go per round. For the first 10 rounds, you can vote for two songs.

GAME OVER!

The winner is ...

Already Gone

Performances Eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10
Love Will Keep Us Alive 4/12
You Belong to the City 4/12
Funk #49 4/14
Hole in the World 4/14
Rocky Mountain Way 4/16
Desperado 4/16
All She Wants to Do Is Dance 4/18
I Can't Tell You Why 4/18
Take It to the Limit 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
Walk Away 4/22
In the City 4/22
The Long Run 4/24
One Day at a Time 4/24
Tequila Sunrise 4/26
The Boys of Summer 4/26
Dirty Laundry 4/28
Peaceful Easy Feeling 4/30
Life's Been Good 5/02
New Kid in Town 5/04
Take It Easy 05/06
One of These Nights 05/08
Heartache Tonight 05/10
Hotel California 05/12
Life in the Fast Lane 05/14

THANKS FOR PLAYING AND HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED THE GAME.

shunlvswx
04-06-2015, 09:13 PM
I watch the dvd today. It was fun watching it. It's very hard to pick two. Heck any videos to go. Since we're voting for performance, its much harder.

I'm going to vote for Silent Spring and No More Cloudy Days.

Freypower
04-06-2015, 09:37 PM
It's not clear to me whether we are supposed to vote for two songs. Although two songs will be voted off (double elimination), nowhere does it say vote for two songs. I'm sorry if I've misunderstood but I won't vote until this is clarified.

shunlvswx
04-06-2015, 09:49 PM
I probably misunderstood of voting two songs at the same time. I'm sorry about that if its only vote for one songs and the two highest votes is elimination.

Sorry about that.

sodascouts
04-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Well, I was leaning towards having one vote per and just cutting the top two vote getters, but since shun has made a precedent, I guess we can all vote for two to go. I imagine it won't affect the outcome much either way.

I vote for Silent Spring (it isn't really a performance per se) and Wasted Time, since I find it a bit boring live here, although it's a great song on the album.

shunlvswx
04-06-2015, 10:07 PM
So after the 10th round, that's when we vote for only one song right?

WalshFan88
04-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Silent Spring and Sunset Grill

Freypower
04-06-2015, 10:43 PM
Fair enough. I vote for Silent Spring & The Long Run.

MaryCalifornia
04-07-2015, 12:08 AM
Eeek, I'm an idiot, I don't own this, I'm going to miss the first round! [though I have to say that based on the voting so far, I'm pretty sure I know one of the songs I'd pick]! I ordered it from my public library system, it will be ready for me to pick up at my local branch on Wednesday.

UK TimFan
04-07-2015, 01:10 AM
I missed the 'advance notice' about this Survivor, so I'll have to get my skates on to watch enough of it to be able to vote in round one.

Voting for two songs in the early rounds is going to make it quite interesting. :grin:

Funk 50
04-07-2015, 07:36 AM
I haven't watched Farewell One in quite a while so from memory I'll double vote for Wasted Time and Peaceful Easy Feeling and they can take the little instrumental that separates them too.

I quite liked Glenn's theme tune.

LA Eagle
04-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Silent Spring & Funk 49

DivineDon
04-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Okay, I'll vote for Silent Spring and Sunset Grill (sorry Don :-()

L101
04-07-2015, 09:14 AM
I vote for Silent Spring and You belong to the City - YBTTC is one of my all time favourite songs but the F1 version is not that great.

Can we go back to voting for just one song and having the top two eliminated after the first round is over ?? Its hard enough to pick one song let alone two each round:-(

thelastresort
04-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Sunset Grill (just a very average performance of a very average song) and Silent Spring (I like it a lot but wouldn't call it a performance for the sake of this game).

scottside
04-07-2015, 11:15 AM
I vote for "Silent Spring" and "Sunset Grill."

Brooke
04-07-2015, 01:34 PM
I wish we would just vote for one song and let the top two then be eliminated.

Anyways, for this round I vote for Silent Spring and Wasted Time for the reasons already mentioned.

GlennLover
04-07-2015, 03:41 PM
I was surprised how many have made the same choices as I have. I vote Sunset Grill as I have never really cared for the song & this performance doesn't improve my opinion of it. Secondly, I vote Silent Spring, not because I don't like it, but because, as others have mentioned, it's not long enough for me to consider it a full performance.

UK TimFan
04-07-2015, 07:46 PM
I vote for Silent Spring and Funk #49

Witchy Woman
04-07-2015, 08:27 PM
I vote Silent Spring and No More Cloudy Days.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Wow - this seems like its going to be a very unpredictable game. I'm already shocked at some of the votes.

As far as voting for two songs in a round, personally, I like the idea even though it's a little more difficult to keep track of the votes. It's different, but I think everyone will adjust after the first few rounds. To me, it's really not a good idea to change the rule now that we have started the game this way.

Glennsallnighter
04-08-2015, 01:01 PM
We went away for a quick break to Galway so I'm just checking in quickly. I haven't read other votes but I would say to vote off
silent Spring as it's not really a performance in itself although I do love it and think its a great interlude.
Sunset Grill as its a bit lacklustre compared to other performances.

zeldabjr
04-08-2015, 06:59 PM
I vote for Silent Spring and Sunset Grill...

04-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Wow - This is going to be a very difficult game for me because as far as I'm concerned, there are NO bad Eagles performances. My votes would be for Silent Spring and Sunset Grill this round, but it looks like they're going down without my votes. I like Sunset Grill but it's not a great song live. I do like Don's mannerisms in the performance though. In any event, I'm going to go ahead and vote strategically ...

I cast my votes for Hole In the World and No More Cloudy Days.

04-08-2015, 08:18 PM
In our first double elimination round, the first two performances to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor are Silent Spring and Sunset Grill. “Silent Spring' and "Sunset Grill", the tribe has spoken and you must both please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Silent Spring – 15
Sunset Grill – 7
Wasted Time – 3
No More Cloudy Days – 3
Funk #49 – 2
The Long Run – 1
Peaceful Easy Feeling – 1
You Belong to the City – 1
Hole in the World – 1

Vote Breakdown
Silent Spring – shunlvswx
Silent Spring – sodascouts
Silent Spring – WalshFan88
Silent Spring – Freypower
Silent Spring – LA Eagle
Silent Spring – DevineDon
Silent Spring – Lacken101
Silent Spring – thelastresort
Silent Spring – scottside
Silent Spring – Brooke
Silent Spring – GlennLover
Silent Spring – UK TimFan
Silent Spring – Witchy Woman
Silent Spring – Glennsallnighter
Silent Spring – zeldabjr
Sunset Grill – WalshFan88
Sunset Grill – DevineDon
Sunset Grill – thelastresort
Sunset Grill – scottside
Sunset Grill – GlennLover
Sunset Grill – Glennsallnighter
Sunset Grill – zeldabjr
Wasted Time – sodascouts
Wasted Time – Funk 50
Wasted Time – Brooke
No More Cloudy Days – shunlvswx
No More Cloudy Days – Witchy Woman
No More Cloudy Days – Ive always been a dreamer
Funk #49 – LA Eagle
Funk #49 – UK TimFan
The Long Run – Freypower
Peaceful Easy Feeling – Funk 50
You Belong to the City – Lacken101
Hole in the World – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08

Performances remaining:
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Love Will Keep Us Alive
No More Cloudy Days
Hole in the World
Take It to the Limit
You Belong to the City
Walk Away
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
All She Wants To Do Is Dance
Take It Easy
Desperado

Voting for Round Two begins now.

Note: Please continue to vote for two songs in this round.

WalshFan88
04-08-2015, 09:04 PM
No More Cloudy Days and You Belong To The City

Freypower
04-08-2015, 09:35 PM
These votes for NMCD astonish me. I was one of the first people to see this song performed & it was a very special moment. I have always thought that it never received the recognition it deserved. I fail to understand what is wrong with the performance as Glenn puts his heart & soul into it. If it's mainly him, well, Wasted Time & Desperado are mainly Don. I guess this means it will be out soon. :-(

I vote for The Long Run & Wasted Time.

04-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Well - I already said that I don't think any of the performances are bad, but NMCD is one of the more low-key performances, so it may very well go early. Let's face it, almost all of these are great songs performed by a great band, so something's gotta give. Some of my favorite performances on this DVD are when there is interaction and playfulness among the guys. I personally love The Long Run performance because of a) what it represents for the band and b) the playfulness and fun that it looks like the guys are having. And as far as You Belong To the City, I think it is a very powerful performance. Maybe it doesn't come across as well on the DVD, but the live performance of this song on the Farewell I tour was absolutely awesome. It follows the acoustic set and took the show to a whole new level. Each time I saw it, it was one of the most well-received performances of the show.

Funk 50
04-09-2015, 06:08 AM
These votes for NMCD astonish me. I was one of the first people to see this song performed & it was a very special moment. I have always thought that it never received the recognition it deserved. I fail to understand what is wrong with the performance as Glenn puts his heart & soul into it.

I can remember the clamour for the Eagles to put some new songs into their set. It was just wonderful to have evidence that the Eagles were working on new material. All these years later, the new songs are not so significant on the DVD.

I repeat the duo I voted for during the first round. The lame version of Peaceful Easy Feeling... too many cooks... and the version of Wasted Time that is somehow tedious. Is it missing Felder's touch?

L101
04-09-2015, 07:16 AM
I repeat the duo I voted for during the first round. The lame version of Peaceful Easy Feeling... too many cooks... and the version of Wasted Time that is somehow tedious. Is it missing Felder's touch?

Don't think any song is missing Felder's touch!! I personally love the Felderless Eagles :grin:

I'm voting for You belong to the city as its not really a great performance. I saw it live as well on the F1 tour and loved it but this particular performance is missing something and Lyin' Eyes, I feel this performance is a bit tedious towards the end

LA Eagle
04-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Funk 49 and All she wants to do is dance

DivineDon
04-09-2015, 08:43 AM
I vote for You Belong to the City and No More Cloudy Days

While I like both songs, neither come across at their best in these performances.:-(

shunlvswx
04-09-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm with IABAD. IMO The acoustic set is kinda boring. If you remember when we were playing the HFO Survivor, we were voting off the acoustic set songs and new songs real early in the game and some were Glenn's songs. It has nothing to do with Glenn singing the song. I like some of the songs Glenn sing even though I like Don more. I like Glenn's voice too and some of his songs, but since this game is based on performance and not the song, I'm voting for the the performances that are boring or I'm not feeling. IMO I like all the performances on the DVD, but like IABAD said. Something has to go.

shunlvswx
04-09-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm voting for No More Cloudy Days and Love Will Keep Us Alive.

Brooke
04-09-2015, 10:17 AM
I can remember the clamour for the Eagles to put some new songs into their set. It was just wonderful to have evidence that the Eagles were working on new material. All these years later, the new songs are not so significant on the DVD.

If it's missing Felder's touch, then you will have to vote for all the songs to go down at once cause he isn't on any of them!

I vote for Wasted Time and Hole In The World.

scottside
04-09-2015, 10:19 AM
I vote for "Love Will Keep Us Alive" and "No More Cloudy Days." The former is sung beautifully by Timothy, but it's too sappy for my tastes and NMCD is just not one of my favorites by Glenn.

thelastresort
04-09-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm away on holiday bit have just logged in to vote - I go for NMCD and LWKUA as my votes for reasons I will explain when I'm back via a proper means.

Funk 50
04-09-2015, 04:38 PM
If it's missing Felder's touch, then you will have to vote for all the songs to go down at once cause he isn't on any of them!

I can't do that it's against the rules!

For whatever reason, F1 has my least favourite version of Wasted Time. I don't think the Eagles have performed it since.

Anyway there are at least three tracks, Love Will Keep Us Alive, You Belong To The City and Dirty Laundry that I think are better without Felder.
Love Will Keep Us Alive is not one of my favourite tracks but the F1 version with Steuart Smith's lovely guitar solo is tops imho.

In fact I prefer Tim's solo version and the, Jim Capaldi Tribute Concert version, partly sung by Joe, to the HFO original too.

Freypower
04-09-2015, 06:12 PM
I can't do that it's against the rules!

For whatever reason, F1 has my least favourite version of Wasted Time. I don't think the Eagles have performed it since.

Anyway there are at least three tracks, Love Will Keep Us Alive, You Belong To The City and Dirty Laundry that I think are better without Felder.
Love Will Keep Us Alive is not one of my favourite tracks but the F1 version with Steuart Smith's lovely guitar solo is tops imho.

In fact I prefer Tim's solo version and the, Jim Capaldi Tribute Concert version, partly sung by Joe, to the HFO original too.

For what it's worth I totally agree that LWKUA with Steuart is far superior to the original version. I also agree that this is a weak version of Wasted Time, which I have voted for already.

The problem with YBTTC is Glenn is hunched behind a keyboard & his vocal is so strained and there is too much sax (even though it's a sax driven song). I have no problem with that song going quickly. The magnificent Christchurch version is the one which should be seen & the way the song should have been played for F1. Felder barely features in it. I think people have been far, far too harsh on NMCD. Perhaps you had to be there. I certainly was.

Glennsallnighter
04-10-2015, 02:18 PM
I'm watching the DVD now. OMG how young they ALL look, Its been a busy 10 years for them - not that they don't look any less hot now than they did then I hasten to add.

I think I will vote off 'I Cant Tell You Why'. Its a nice version but it just doesn't do it for me as much as the other songs, and also 'Rocky Mountain Way'. Again, I've never been into it being as late in the show. Its the same in the HOTE show. It could be dispensed with. JMHO!!

sodascouts
04-10-2015, 07:40 PM
I'll vote for a Wasted Time again, and I'll also throw in You Belong to the City. It's normally fantastic live, but this version is not the best.

04-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Well - I hate to vote off Wasted Time because I love the song, and I think this is a very impassioned performance, but I want to make sure You Belong To the City is saved for the reasons I mentioned earlier. So ...

I cast my votes for Hole In the World and Wasted Time.

04-10-2015, 08:13 PM
In our next double elimination round, the two performances to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor are No More Cloudy Days and Wasted Time. “No More Cloudy Days' and "Wasted Time", the tribe has spoken and you must both please leave the island immediately.

Votes
No More Cloudy Days – 5
Wasted Time – 5
You Belong to the City – 4
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 3
Hole in the World – 2
Funk #49 – 1
The Long Run – 1
Lyin’ Eyes – 1
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – 1
I Can't Tell You Why – 1
Rocky Mountain Way – 1

Vote Breakdown
No More Cloudy Days – WalshFan88
No More Cloudy Days – DevineDon
No More Cloudy Days – shunlvswx
No More Cloudy Days – scottside
No More Cloudy Days – thelastresort
Wasted Time – Freypower
Wasted Time – Funk 50
Wasted Time – Brooke
Wasted Time – sodascouts
Wasted Time – Ive always been a dreamer
You Belong to the City – WalshFan88
You Belong to the City – DevineDon
You Belong to the City – sodascouts
Love Will Keep Us Alive – shunlvswx
Love Will Keep Us Alive – scottside
Love Will Keep Us Alive – thelastresort
Hole in the World – Brooke
Funk #49 – LA Eagle
The Long Run – Freypower
Lyin’ Eyes – Lacken101
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – LA Eagle
I Can't Tell You Why– Glennsallnighter
Rocky Mountain Way – Glennsallnighter

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10

Performances remaining:
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Hole in the World
Take It to the Limit
You Belong to the City
Walk Away
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
Take It Easy
Desperado

Voting for Round Three begins now.

sodascouts
04-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Shoot - I love NMCD! I can't believe it's gotten voted off already!

WalshFan88
04-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Hole In The World and You Belong To The City

Freypower
04-10-2015, 09:49 PM
The Long Run & Desperado

DivineDon
04-11-2015, 06:48 AM
I'll stick with You Belong to the City for reasons already given and I Can't Tell You Why - I've just never liked the song.

maryc2130
04-11-2015, 07:50 AM
You Belong to the City and All She Wants to Do is Dance

L101
04-11-2015, 07:55 AM
I'll vote for You belong to the city and Lyin' eyes again

scottside
04-11-2015, 09:32 AM
"Love Will Keep Us Alive" and "You Belong To The City."

Glennsallnighter
04-11-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm so sorry NMCD has already gone too :-(

04-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Yep - This is going to be a real tough one for me, but in a different way than the Hell Freezes Over Survivor game was. First of all, I do think there’s a lot more stylistic variety in these performances than on HFO. The performances are all wonderful from a technical standpoint just like in HFO, but the band appears to be much more relaxed in the F1 DVD. The guys seem much more emotionally engaged with the songs, the audience, and with each other. As I said earlier, the thing that really connects with me as a viewer is interaction among the band members. It just gives me warm fuzzies to see the band enjoying themselves so much.

Next, while a few performances on F1 feature individual band members, it isn’t nearly as prevalent as it was in HFO. Even with the solo songs, the F1 performances showcase the overall abilities of the band as a whole, which makes them much more enjoyable for me. As a matter of fact, some of the solo songs are among my favorites here.

But, the bottom line for me is, all of these performances are fantastic, IMO. So I’ve been struggling to figure out even what my top ten are. And, unlike most of the Survivor games, I don’t have a clue which performance I want to win. Oh well - I guess I have more homework to do ... I better go put that DVD back in the player again.:thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
04-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Once again I will go for 'ICTYW' and Rocky Mountain Way. Its difficult at the moment because to me all the performances are very high quality.

sodascouts
04-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Yes, this is terribly hard! I'll go with You Belong to the City and funk 49.

zeldabjr
04-12-2015, 07:11 PM
I vote for One Day at a Time...and Desperado

shunlvswx
04-12-2015, 07:23 PM
You Belong to the City and Love Will Keep Us Alive.

04-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Wow - There is quite a log-jam here for the second elimination.

I cast my votes for Love Will Keep Us Alive and Hole In the World.

UK TimFan
04-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Well that's seven people off my Christmas card list for this year. :smile:
'You belong to the city' has the best bit of the show at about 1.30 when it shows the tops of Tim's legs.

I vote for Funk #49 and The boys of summer.

04-12-2015, 08:23 PM
In this double elimination round, the next two performances to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor are You Belong to the City and Love Will Keep Us Alive. “You Belong to the City' and "Love Will Keep Us Alive", the tribe has spoken and you must both please leave the island immediately.

Votes
You Belong to the City – 7
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 3
Hole in the World – 2
I Can't Tell You Why – 2
Desperado – 2
Funk #49 – 2
The Long Run – 1
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – 1
Lyin’ Eyes – 1
Rocky Mountain Way – 1
One Day at a Time – 1
The Boys of Summer – 1

Vote Breakdown
You Belong to the City – WalshFan88
You Belong to the City – DevineDon
You Belong to the City – maryc2130
You Belong to the City – scottside
You Belong to the City – sodascouts
You Belong to the City – shunlvswx
Love Will Keep Us Alive – scottside
Love Will Keep Us Alive – shunlvswx
Love Will Keep Us Alive – Ive always been a dreamer
Hole In the World – WalshFan88
Hole In the World – Ive always been a dreamer
I Can't Tell You Why – DevineDon
I Can't Tell You Why – Glennsallnighter
Desperado – Freypower
Desperado – zeldabjr
Funk #49 – sodascouts
Funk #49 – UK TimFan
The Long Run – Freypower
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – maryc2130
Lyin’ Eyes – Lacken101
One Day at a Time – zeldabjr
The Boys of Summer – UK TimFan

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10

Performances remaining:
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Hole in the World
Take It to the Limit
Walk Away
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
Take It Easy
Desperado

Voting for Round Four begins now.

WalshFan88
04-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Hole In The World and Tequila Sunrise

Freypower
04-12-2015, 08:52 PM
The Long Run & Desperado

04-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Wow - I really didn't want to vote for LWKUA last round, but if I hadn't, even after the tiebreaker, we may have had a 3-way tie for the 2nd elimination. That would have forced a tiebreaker question to decide the round. I wouldn't have minded that if I had thought I'd be able to save it long-term. But I figured it would probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway, making my attempt to save it rather feudal. We are so split with our votes, it's hard to predict what will happen next. I'm thinking this may have been the first time in the history of our Survivor games where a song was eliminated with only three votes.

sodascouts
04-13-2015, 12:55 AM
So hard to decide! I'll go for In the City and Funk 49 although they're great performances. I just prefer others a bit more.

maryc2130
04-13-2015, 06:36 AM
I agree, it's very hard to choose. I vote for Take it to the Limit and Funk 49.

I think the last time I saw Take it to the Limit it was pretty good, but I'm not fond of the performance on Farewell I.

Funk 50
04-13-2015, 06:51 AM
Happy to lose You Belong to the City and Love Will Keep Us Alive. I missed the last round as I decided not to vote until I'd watched the DVD again. Parts of it I felt I was watching for the first time but those were the two tracks I would have voted for.

It's just bad having the lead singer sat behind a keyboard when everyone else is standing up, unless you're a solo artist like Elton John or Billy Joel and playing lead keyboards.

LWKUA is just a waste of the guys' talents. If they can't find anything better, they're not trying hard enough. I'm pretty sure that Paul Carrack has dropped it from his set list.

No More Cloudy Days, mainly featuring Glenn's vocals, Steuart's lead guitar and Mostert's Sax seems to be a solo Frey track masquerading as an Eagles track.

Next round I vote again for Peaceful Easy Feeling with it's unwanted violin and piano and All She Wants To Do Is Dance, which despite live horns and drums and Steuart's slide guitar, still sounds like an outdated 80s track. It's fun to watch the band dancing around but I don't like them leaving the donkey work to the backing band.

thelastresort
04-13-2015, 07:48 AM
Missed the last two rounds but I have no issues with the ones that were voted out. This round I'll go for Take It to the Limit (I much prefer their HOTE rendition), and Rocky Mountain Way. I will make a couple of other points: Glenn is an exceptional songwriter but I can't get into NMCD: his other two solo-written contributions to LROOE were superb, but this just leaves me cold. Secondly I can't help but wonder if LWKUA was a Glenn or Henley vocal (i.e. someone who sings 10+ song per show) whether it would have been dropped by now...

scottside
04-13-2015, 07:58 AM
I vote for "Hole In The World" and "Life's Been Good." The latter was hard to let go, but it's just too long.

DivineDon
04-13-2015, 10:31 AM
I'll stick with I Can't Tell You Why and Rocky Mountain Way

DJ
04-13-2015, 03:40 PM
I'll stick with I Can't Tell You Why and Rocky Mountain Way

Oh but DD Rocky Mountain is so Joe Walsh kick a-- music. but I guess it's ok. HAHA! :)

L101
04-13-2015, 06:10 PM
I'll go for Lyin' eyes and Funk 49

DivineDon
04-14-2015, 05:48 AM
Oh but DD Rocky Mountain is so Joe Walsh kick a-- music. but I guess it's ok. HAHA! :)

I know Rocky Mountain is a great 'rocker' DJ but I actually prefer Joe's more lyrical songs such as Pretty Maids All in A Row and One Day At A Time :shrug:

LA Eagle
04-14-2015, 07:48 AM
funk 49 - All she wants to do is dance

Brooke
04-14-2015, 10:04 AM
I vote for Hole In The World and Desperado.

Glennsallnighter
04-14-2015, 10:08 AM
Again I will go with Rocky Mountain Way and I Can't Tell You Why

Desperada
04-14-2015, 01:48 PM
I can't tell you why - Funk 49

shunlvswx
04-14-2015, 05:50 PM
Rocky Mountain Way and I Can't Tell You Why.

04-14-2015, 07:17 PM
OMG - I'm stunned that I Can't Tell You Why is in danger of elimination this round. I love this song and Timothy's heartfelt performance. The only way to save it is to vote for Hole In the World and I urge any remaining voters to do so. My second vote is going to Desperado - of course, it's a beautiful song, but my favorite performances of the song is the way it was originally performed with Glenn on piano and Don behind the drums.

I cast my votes for Hole In the World and Desperado.

thelastresort
04-14-2015, 07:54 PM
I would equally urge anyone left not to vote for Hole in the World. If TBS's performance of ICTYW is heartfelt then the guys' collective performance of HITW must be off the scale...

UK TimFan
04-14-2015, 07:59 PM
I vote for 'The boys of summer' and 'In the city'.

04-14-2015, 08:20 PM
In this double elimination round, the next two performances to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor are Funk #49 and, by virtue of the tiebreaker rule, Hole In the World. “Funk #49" and "Hole In the World", the tribe has spoken and you must both please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Funk #49– 5
Hole in the World – 4
Rocky Mountain Way – 4
I Can't Tell You Why – 4
Desperado – 3
Take It to the Limit – 2
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – 2
In the City – 2
The Long Run – 1
Lyin’ Eyes – 1
The Boys of Summer – 1
Tequila Sunrise – 1
Life’s Been Good – 1

Previous Votes
Hole in the World– 5
I Can't Tell You Why – 3
Rocky Mountain Way – 2

Vote Breakdown
Funk #49 – sodascouts
Funk #49 – maryc2130
Funk #49 – Lacken101
Funk #49 – LA Eagle
Funk #49 – Desperada
Hole in the World – WalshFan88
Hole in the World – scottside
Hole in the World – Brooke
Rocky Mountain Way – thelastresort
Rocky Mountain Way – DevineDon
Rocky Mountain Way – shunlvswx
I Can't Tell You Why – Desperada
I Can't Tell You Why – shunlvswx
Desperado – Freypower
Desperado – Brooke
Desperado – Ive always been a dreamer
Take It to the Limit – thelastresort
Take It to the Limit – maryc2130
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – Funk 50
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – LA Eagle
In the City – sodascouts
In the City – UK TimFan
Tequila Sunrise – WalshFan88
The Long Run – Freypower
Life’s Been Good – scottside
Lyin’ Eyes – Lacken101

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10
Funk #49 4/14
Hole in the World 4/14

Performances remaining:
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Take It to the Limit
Walk Away
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
Take It Easy
Desperado

Voting for Round Five begins now.

Freypower
04-14-2015, 08:26 PM
The Long Run & Desperado

thelastresort
04-14-2015, 08:36 PM
I Can't Tell You Why and the tedious One Day at a Time. Not one of Joe's finer contributions.

MaryCalifornia
04-14-2015, 09:17 PM
One Day at a Time and Desperado.

Funk 50
04-15-2015, 05:19 AM
I Can't Tell You Why and the tedious One Day at a Time. Not one of Joe's finer contributions.

Tedious! One Day At A Time is only about 3 1/2 minutes long! it's worth it for the amusing intro.

I was very surprised to see Joe's Ordinary Average Guy in the HFO set list. It's a below average Walsh song imho but it still managed to liven up the the first half of the Eagles set list.

Sorry to see Funk #49 voted off. I thought it was an entertaining attempt to add something new to a track they've done almost every show since 1975 while making good use of the horn section. Decent jamming and the fingers thing is fun too.

I enjoyed Hole In The World too. A new song that doesn't come across as a solo track.

Next round I vote again for the "too many cooks spoil the broth" version of Peaceful Easy Feeling and Henley's 80's synth pop of All She Wants To Do Is Dance.

thelastresort
04-15-2015, 06:25 AM
Tedious! One Day At A Time is only about 3 1/2 minutes long!

That's about 210 seconds too long. I am aware of its duration, but that doesn't enter into the frame when discussing how interesting you find a song. It's one of Joe's most average and uninspiring works. I do like the intro speech he does and fully admire how far he's come since the early 90s but when you bear in mind what he's capable of, and has indeed written in the past, it's a very mediocre offering.

scottside
04-15-2015, 08:30 AM
I vote for Desperado and Life's Been Good.

L101
04-15-2015, 08:42 AM
I'm just wondering why people are voting off Desperado as no one seems to be giving reasons for song choice anymore? ?

thelastresort
04-15-2015, 08:52 AM
I'm just wondering why people are voting off Desperado as no one seems to be giving reasons for song choice anymore? ?

I get the impression a contributing factor is the fact that neither Don nor Glenn are on their traditional instruments for it.

L101
04-15-2015, 09:15 AM
I get the impression a contributing factor is the fact that neither Don nor Glenn are on their traditional instruments for it.

Thanks for that. ..its getting harder to pick a song to vote off and any help is appreciated when its time to decide :grin:

Brooke
04-15-2015, 10:01 AM
That and it pretty much just features Don alone.

It's a wonderful song and one of my favorites, but something has to go.

Funk 50
04-15-2015, 11:32 AM
I'm just wondering why people are voting off Desperado as no one seems to be giving reasons for song choice anymore?
Having seen the Eagles many times, opening with Hotel California, without a visible lead singer, I thought it was quite effective starting with Don, mike in hand, at the front singing The Long Run. Similarly, the concert ends with Don at the front, mike in hand, singing Desperado. I think it'd be weird if he sang it at the drums.

I can't say I noticed it recently but I did notice a difference between Glenn and Michael Thompson's piano chops when Michael took over at about the time of the Farewell One tour. Maybe it's something to do with Glenn being left-handed, I don't know.

I did consider voting for Desperado. I heard an early live version without the strings (synths) and I absolutely loved the band humming and aahing along without being drowned out by the strings so I've kinda disliked the strings ever since. I don't like the excessive long note sung by Don before the last line either.

I saw Henley live in 1989 and at the end of Desperado, I think he left the stage and came back on before singing the last line.

It's always a show highlight though.

MaryCalifornia
04-15-2015, 12:09 PM

Re: Desperado, two reasons: I was voting strategically to save ICTYW and, I don't like that song as the closer. Not much of a band performance.

Re: One Day at a Time: Others may not agree, and I love Joe and really enjoy it when he sings lead, but to me, this song stands out like a sore thumb in the lineup - the lyrics are so plodding and literal, to me it is very un-Eagles-like.

I was close to voting off that rendition of PEF - blechh...maybe next time.

DivineDon
04-15-2015, 12:18 PM
Funny, how people's tastes differ, but I love Don's long note at the end of Desperado - it's almost become as traditional as Glenn's 'Plaintiff' non-joke :hilarious:

And I really like One Day at A Time as it has profound meaning for Joe and is certainly not tedious IMO

Once again therefore, I vote for I Can't Tell You Why (because I have never liked it) and Rocky Mountain Way because as I've stated before I prefer Joe's slower songs when I can actually understand what he's singing...

Funk 50
04-15-2015, 04:19 PM
Believe it or not, the words to Rocky Mountain Way also have profound meaning to Joe.

It's about not regretting leaving The James Gang.

"We don't need the ladies crying 'cause the story's sad
The Rocky Mountain Way is better than the way we had"

The line "Bases are loaded and Casey's at bat. Time to change the batter" is referring to Irving Azoff replacing his previous manager Mike Belkin.

It's no surprise to see Glenn singing "Time to change the batter" but I chuckled when I saw Henley singing it too.

L101
04-15-2015, 06:11 PM
I quite like the fact that the F1 Desperado performance is mainly Don, he puts so much passion into it and the backing harmonies work in harmony (:grin:) as well.
I also love the long note he sings at the end of it - I think its a fitting end to the concerts even on the HOTE tour.

This time I'm voting for Lyin' eyes and Rocky Mountain Way - I hate voting for RMW as I love the way they play it but as Brooke said, something has to go and RMW has to go this time.

Freypower
04-15-2015, 06:27 PM
I have been reluctant to write anything about Desperado but others have pretty much summed up my thoughts. It is like a solo performance. I am one who finds the long note far too long. In March, he shortened it by half so it's nowhere near as melodramatic, but the song does not have the power it has when he played drums & Glenn played piano. Also it is too slow & too depressing to close the show & I object to it on those grounds.

L101
04-15-2015, 06:52 PM
I listened to the 1977 Capital Centre version and the Christchurch version and I feel the F1 version is just as powerful as those even without Don behind the drums.
True it is mainly Don singing but to be honest, it is Don's song and one he is best known for singing.
One difference though is Michael Thompson on the piano, I would have preferred Glenn playing the piano for it, it just has a different sound to it.

Maybe this performance is slow but I think "objecting" to the song for that reason is a bit harsh but everyone has their own opinion and mine is I love this song no matter what way it is played.

Freypower
04-15-2015, 07:00 PM
You asked for opinions & I gave you mine. I think this is the wrong song to close the show & if that means I object to it closing the show, I'm afraid that's what I think.

L101
04-15-2015, 07:06 PM
You asked for opinions & I gave you mine. I think this is the wrong song to close the show & if that means I object to it closing the show, I'm afraid that's what I think.

Its fine - as you said, I asked for opinions and everybody has different opinions. I was just trying to liven up this survivor game as it had gone a bit stale.

Funk 50
04-16-2015, 05:22 AM
I quite like the fact that the F1 Desperado performance is mainly Don, he puts so much passion into it and the backing harmonies work in harmony (:grin:) as well.
I also love the long note he sings at the end of it - I think its a fitting end to the concerts even on the HOTE tour.

True it is mainly Don singing but to be honest, it is Don's song and one he is best known for singing.

I'm sneaking off topic here so I'll try and refrain from further elaboration but Desperado is the song that launched the Henley/Frey songwriting partnership, so it should be early in the HOTE setlist.

The average age of the songs on the HOTE setlist must be over 40.
With some tallying, the average age of the songs on Farewell 1 was 27.

In the 70's Eagles heyday, songs from the sixties were considered oldies.

I appreciate you livening up the discussion Lacken 101, Thanks :)

maryc2130
04-16-2015, 10:39 AM
Take it to the Limit and All She Wants to Do is Dance

DivineDon
04-16-2015, 10:46 AM
You raised the point I was going to make, Funk50 about Desperado's significance because it was one of the first two songs that Don and Glenn wrote and that is why they end with it. It re-inforces the reminder of the beginnings of their magical song-writing collaboration - almost like a bookend to all that's gone before in the show. I don't think it makes you leave the show depressed just sad that's it's over but begging for more.

...And further to Joe's Rocky Mountain Road, Funk - it may have profound meaning but I don't always catch Joe's words in his faster tunes - but that's just me, maybe :shrug:

L101
04-16-2015, 11:50 AM
You raised the point I was going to make, Funk50 about Desperado's significance because it was one of the first two songs that Don and Glenn wrote and that is why they end with it. It re-inforces the reminder of the beginnings of their magical song-writing collaboration - almost like a bookend to all that's gone before in the show. I don't think it makes you leave the show depressed just sad that's it's over but begging for more.

Thank you DD - that's what I meant. I'm not as good at expressing it in words like some of you here on the border!!
I always leave their concerts on a high wanting more and only depressed because the concert is over.

Desperada
04-16-2015, 01:43 PM
I Can't Tell You Why - Rocky Mountain Way

shunlvswx
04-16-2015, 02:40 PM
I Can't Tell You Why and Rocky Mountain Way.

Glennsallnighter
04-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Rocky Mountain Way and I Cant Tell You Why

Freypower
04-16-2015, 06:16 PM

...And further to Joe's Rocky Mountain Road, Funk - it may have profound meaning but I don't always catch Joe's words in his faster tunes - but that's just me, maybe :shrug:

Desperado as a SONG is depressing and this version of it as with all subsequent live versions of it focuses far too much on the lead singer. I thought after seeing the HOTE tour that it should have been moved to the segment showcasing the album. I thought to do those other songs & not then to include it was peculiar.

In my view Tequila Sunrise, the other song the two of them first wrote together, is as important & moving as Desperado, if not more so from my own perspective.

I'm baffled by all these votes for RMW, a song which involves the whole band playing their hearts out, wihch can't be said for Walk Away or even In The City. I can only think people think the talk box part is too long.

04-16-2015, 06:41 PM
I totally with you FP about Desperado and Rocky Mountain Way. But, I am going out to dinner when the voting closes tonight so I am going to have to vote earlier than I would like. So, because I love ICTYW, I have to try to save it. So, I'll vote for the top two vote getters as of right now.

I cast my votes for Desperado and Rocky Mountain Way.

Also, Soda or I will post the results of this round as soon as possible. Please do not vote for the next round until we do so.

zeldabjr
04-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Desperado and Rocky Mountain Way

UK TimFan
04-16-2015, 07:47 PM
I'll vote Desperado (and Rocky mountain way if necessary) to help save 'I can''t tell you why' if anyone wants to join a coalition.

ETA - @zelda - we posted at the same time. :smile: You're a star!

maryc2130
04-16-2015, 07:54 PM

Agreed. And I think Don and Glenn must feel the same way, since they haven't budged it from that spot.

sodascouts
04-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Almost forgot to vote!

Rocky Mountain Way and Desperado!

UK TimFan
04-16-2015, 07:59 PM
I vote for 'Desperado' and 'All she wants to do is dance'

ETA - @soda - better late than never, especially with those votes. :thumbsup:

(Though I have to say I very nearly forgot as well. )

sodascouts
04-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Well, that came right down to the wire! In this double elimination round, the next two performances to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor are Rocky Mountain Way and Desperado. “Rocky Mountain Way" and "Desperado", the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Rocky Mountain Way – 8
Desperado - 7
I Can't Tell You Why – 5
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – 3
One Day at a Time - 2
The Long Run – 1
Life’s Been Good – 1
Lyin’ Eyes – 1
Take It to the Limit – 1

Vote Breakdown
Rocky Mountain Way - DivineDon
Rocky Mountain Way - Lacken101
Rocky Mountain Way - Desperada
Rocky Mountain Way – shunlvswx
Rocky Mountain Way - Ive always been a dreamer
Rocky Mountain Way - zeldabjr
Rocky Mountain Way - sodascouts
Desperado - Freypower
Desperado - MaryCalifornia
Desperado - scottside
Desperado – Ive always been a dreamer
Desperado - zeldabjr
Desperado - sodascouts
Desperado - UK TimFan
I Can't Tell You Why - thelastresort
I Can't Tell You Why - DivineDon
I Can't Tell You Why - Desperada
I Can't Tell You Why – shunlvswx
All She Wants to Do Is Dance - Funk 50
All She Wants to Do Is Dance - maryc2130
All She Wants to Do Is Dance - UK TimFan
One Day at a Time - thelastresort
One Day at a Time - MaryCalifornia
The Long Run - Freypower
Peaceful Easy Feeling - Funk 50
Life's Been Good - scottside
Lyin' Eyes - Lacken101
Take It to the Limit - maryc2130

Performances remaining:
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Take It to the Limit
Walk Away
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10
Funk #49 4/14
Hole in the World 4/14
Rocky Mountain Way 4/16
Desperado 4/16

Voting for Round Six begins now.

WalshFan88
04-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Tequila Sunrise and All She Wants To Do Is Dance

sodascouts
04-16-2015, 08:34 PM
To answer questions posed previously - while I adore the song "Desperado," the way it's performed here - including the long note (sorry) - isn't my favorite version. I prefer "I Can't Tell You Why" here performance-wise, even though song-wise, I prefer "Desperado."

I got on the "Rocky Mountain Way" bandwagon but honestly, I could have just as easily voted for "In the City" and probably should have, seeing as how RMW would've left regardless. Still, better safe than sorry to save "I Can't Tell You Why."

I think "One Day a Time" is really peppy and fun as well as uplifting. I don't want to see it go anytime soon!

I'll be real. The only thing that keeps me from voting off "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" is Glenn gettin' down in the background. ;)

maryc2130
04-16-2015, 08:47 PM
I agree, Soda, about One Day at a Time. I find it peppy, fun and uplifting as well.

I vote for Take it to the Limit and All She Wants to Do is Dance. Again. :)

Freypower
04-16-2015, 09:24 PM
The Long Run & All She Wants To Do Is Dance

DivineDon
04-17-2015, 05:34 AM
I Can't tell you Why and Take it to the Limit -

the latter is not a patch on the original, I'd love to hear Don's take on it 'cos I'm sure he'd be able to hit a few falsettos. It's a shame it ends on a whimper.

Funk 50
04-17-2015, 05:49 AM
I'll be real. The only thing that keeps me from voting off "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" is Glenn gettin' down in the background. ;)

All the guys seem a lot looser on the solo tracks. They're all salesman at heart.

From experience I'd say Take It Easy is a better Eagles show closer than Desperado. Kinda celebratory.

I'm pretty sure that the Farewell One concert that I attended, Seven Bridges Road (without the last verse:)) opened the show and The Long Run followed it.

I never really cared for In The City. The horn chart added a bit but it really took off when Joe started playing the second second guitar solo for the Long Road Out Of Eden tour. I've loved it ever since.

Once again I'm voting for Peaceful Easy Feeling and All She Wants To Do Is Dance.
Am I the only person who dislikes the extra instrumentation on Peaceful Easy Feeliing, Lying Eyes and Tequila Sunrise?

I actually quite like the trumpet solo during Tequila Sunrise.

I think Glenn's fine singing Take It To The Limit but I'd love them to take it up a notch or two at the end, even if it doesn't reach Randy's heights, but I would've thought that they tried it and decided, repeating the chorus twice sounded best. I'm glad they still perform it. They initially dropped Peaceful Easy Feeling for HFO. I frowned when they brought it back.

DivineDon
04-17-2015, 06:24 AM

We'll have to agree to disagree, Soda, about Desperado and ASWTDID - Glenn's 'dancing' is a real turn-off for me! Those shoes make me go cross-eyed :hilarious:

And Funk, it's not Glenn's singing on TITTL, perse that I don't like- it's just that such a strong song has become so weak. There's just no guts in it anymore IMO

scottside
04-17-2015, 09:42 AM
I vote for "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" and "Walk Away."

Brooke
04-17-2015, 09:46 AM
Well, I thought I had voted last round, but obviously, I hadn't! :doh:

The results are fine with me though. I'm one who agrees with those that think Desperado should not be the closer and I don't like the long note at the end. Way overdone for me. I do still love the song though.

I'm going ahead and voting now since I probably won't get back here before Monday. Too much usually going on at home!

I'm voting for I Can't Tell You Why and In The City. (I also love Glenn's dancing in ASWTDIS!)

ICTYW is a pretty song and Tim does a wonderful job, but it's a bit boring for me. In the City for the already mentioned reasons.

MaryCalifornia
04-17-2015, 11:44 AM
All She Wants to do is Dance (strategic) and Peaceful Easy Feeling (love the song and the way they perform it on the HOTE tour, hate this performance of it).

Desperada
04-17-2015, 04:20 PM
I can't tell you why and All she wants to do is dance

To be honest I love everything on the DVD!
It will be fun to find out what our most cherished moment is!
In the words of Pink Floyd, 10 years have got behind me :sad:
I think we need a new Eagles videohttps://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/icons/icon3.gif

L101
04-17-2015, 04:32 PM
I vote for "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" and "Walk Away."

Walk Away !! That is such a rockin' song in F1, I love watching Don and Scott on the drums on these songs and the band really get into it

I vote for Tequila Sunrise- I just don't like all the extra bells and whistles added to this song and I Can't Tell You Why I like this song but its just a bit boring here.

Freypower
04-17-2015, 05:59 PM
I Can't tell you Why and Take it to the Limit -

the latter is not a patch on the original, I'd love to hear Don's take on it 'cos I'm sure he'd be able to hit a few falsettos. It's a shame it ends on a whimper.

Glenn Frey is not Randy Meisner & if he had tried to do all that high stuff at the end it would not have worked. He is doing his own interpretation & he is concentrating on the lyrics. I have no opinion on whether Don should try it (except that we have no evidence that he is unhappy with Glenn singing it). If it's only so you can get the falsetto stuff.... sorry, but I disagree. There is more to the song than that & I think it's a shame that so many people have decided that's all that matters in the song.

Freypower
04-17-2015, 06:05 PM
All the guys seem a lot looser on the solo tracks. They're all salesman at heart.

From experience I'd say Take It Easy is a better Eagles show closer than Desperado. Kinda celebratory.

I'm pretty sure that the Farewell One concert that I attended, Seven Bridges Road (without the last verse:)) opened the show and The Long Run followed it.

I never really cared for In The City. The horn chart added a bit but it really took off when Joe started playing the second second guitar solo for the Long Road Out Of Eden tour. I've loved it ever since.

Once again I'm voting for Peaceful Easy Feeling and All She Wants To Do Is Dance.
Am I the only person who dislikes the extra instrumentation on Peaceful Easy Feeliing, Lying Eyes and Tequila Sunrise?

I actually quite like the trumpet solo during Tequila Sunrise.

I think Glenn's fine singing Take It To The Limit but I'd love them to take it up a notch or two at the end, even if it doesn't reach Randy's heights, but I would've thought that they tried it and decided, repeating the chorus twice sounded best. I'm glad they still perform it. They initially dropped Peaceful Easy Feeling for HFO. I frowned when they brought it back.

First you say you dislike the extra instrumentation & then you say you like the trumpet. You keep repeating this about these songs when the fact is the backing band is onmipresent on every track. What is your opinion of the way the horns drown out the guitars in Heartache Tonight, for example? You say you like the horns in ITC. That is all extra instrumentation as well. I have no problem with this in the songs you mention & I don't understand why it seems to be an issue for PEF. There were backing musicians in HFO too and nobody ever mentions them.

It's true that they started some shows with 7BR followed by The Long Run but I don't think thosee were offcially labelled Farewell 1 shows. Those shows were in 2001 & I think F1 came later when 7BR was dropped. And they did do the last verse back then. I have a bootleg of them singing it in Lucca, Italy, to prove it. It was only during the LROOE period they dropped that verse. However the song is not on F1 so I'm not sure why it's being discussed.

thelastresort
04-17-2015, 06:07 PM
A few passing comments:

- I'm not as against Desperado being the closer as I once was but I really don't like how dramatic it's made: Henley did it well when he briefly held onto the 'youuuuuu' note back in the day but the 'loooooove' does nothing for me, especially as he holds onto it for about five seconds too long so that it's more like a whimper by the end...
- I love the F1 rendition of Peaceful Easy Feeling: I love Glenn's light 'ooh'-ing over what would be the first half of the solo and, as on Lyin' Eyes, I love Al Garth's violin accompaniment.
- The trumpet solo on Tequila Sunrise is superb, it turns it from a moderate Mexican theme into a full blown sombrero-fest. Honest to god, I could just imagine something sounding just like that coming out of the wild towns of Mexico back in the days of the Old West. Very well done.
- Glenn's dancing in ASWTDID is like he's spilled corrosive acid on himself, but I love it. Very rarely you see the likes of Don Henley have fun on stage. Smile and laugh, yes, but this is an all-out good time.

Anyway, I vote for ODAAT and ICTYW.

sad-cafe
04-18-2015, 12:42 AM
I vote ODAAT and TITTL

gotta save I Can't Tell You Why.

DivineDon
04-18-2015, 06:10 AM
If it's only so you can get the falsetto stuff.... sorry, but I disagree. There is more to the song than that & I think it's a shame that so many people have decided that's all that matters in the song.

If you had cared to read my second post, FP, you would have seen that I wasn't just talking about 'the falsetto stuff' as you dismissively put it. I was speaking about the song in general which , though once a highlight for me, is no longer so. Just because there isn't 'evidence' that Don is unhappy with Glenn's interpretation doesn't mean that I am not entitled to make a suggestion which is all it was. After all this is not a legal forum where 'proof' is required and no-one person's opinion is either fallible or infallible. I was merely speculating that I would like to hear Don's version of it.

Also, just to say, I still like Don's long note at the end of Desperado. Just like Glenn's 'plaintiff joke' (included in the majority of shows), it's expected now by the audience so both oblige.

maryc2130
04-18-2015, 06:44 AM
I was kind of surprised that Desperado was voted off so early. I know some people are sick of it as the last song and don't like the long note (I don't mind it), but Don certainly still does a lovely job singing it, and the song itself, lyrics and music, is awesome.

I value everyone else's opinions but to vote that off before All She Wants to Do is Dance or Wasted Time (purposely using songs with Don's lead vocals, although I could mention others), for example, is a little surprising.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, and that's the way the game is played, so it'll be interesting to see what happens next!

L101
04-18-2015, 08:32 AM
I'm disappointed as well that Desperado was voted off so early in the game. Because this survivor is based on the performance of the song, it should have stayed in longer as that was an excellent performance by Don - long note and everything :grin:

It definately should not have been voted out before ASWTDID as while I like that song, its not in the same league as Desperado.
I really hope that the reason that ASWTDID is still in play is not because of Glenns dancing??

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2015, 03:35 PM
I can't tell you why and All she wants to do is dance

To be honest I love everything on the DVD!
It will be fun to find out what our most cherished moment is!
In the words of Pink Floyd, 10 years have got behind me :sad:
I think we need a new Eagles videohttps://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/images/icons/icon3.gif
That is so true Desperada - a lot improvements in quality have come in over the last 10 years both in terms of the actual background effects of the live shows, and of their recording. A video/dvd of the current tour would be great.

This round I will stick with 'I Can't Tell You Why' and I will also vote 'The Long Run'. I think the HOTE version of TLR is much livelier and spirited than the one on Farewell 1.

Freypower
04-18-2015, 05:35 PM
If you had cared to read my second post, FP, you would have seen that I wasn't just talking about 'the falsetto stuff' as you dismissively put it. I was speaking about the song in general which , though once a highlight for me, is no longer so. Just because there isn't 'evidence' that Don is unhappy with Glenn's interpretation doesn't mean that I am not entitled to make a suggestion which is all it was. After all this is not a legal forum where 'proof' is required and no-one person's opinion is either fallible or infallible. I was merely speculating that I would like to hear Don's version of it.

Also, just to say, I still like Don's long note at the end of Desperado. Just like Glenn's 'plaintiff joke' (included in the majority of shows), it's expected now by the audience so both oblige.

As I said previously, at the shows I saw in March the long note had been halved. So it's no longer 'expected' as you put it.

It was your second post I quoted, the one where you specifically said you thought Don could do the falsetto at the end.

Freypower
04-18-2015, 05:38 PM
I'm disappointed as well that Desperado was voted off so early in the game. Because this survivor is based on the performance of the song, it should have stayed in longer as that was an excellent performance by Don - long note and everything :grin:

It definately should not have been voted out before ASWTDID as while I like that song, its not in the same league as Desperado.
I really hope that the reason that ASWTDID is still in play is not because of Glenns dancing??

You & DivineDon said you don't like the dancing. Soda did say that she liked the dancing & therefore didn't vote for it but she wasn't being entirely serious. I didn't offer an opinion & neither did anyone else. I think it should be voted off now. It's still here because compared with Desperado it is a far more lively performance in which more than one band member is involved. It isn't a better song, but we are voting for the performance.

Funk 50
04-18-2015, 05:38 PM
First you say you dislike the extra instrumentation & then you say you like the trumpet. You keep repeating this about these songs when the fact is the backing band is onmipresent on every track. .

IMO the extra instrumentation works on some tracks, doesn't on others.

I'm disappointed as well that Desperado was voted off so early in the game. Because this survivor is based on the performance of the song, it should have stayed in longer as that was an excellent performance by Don - long note and everything

I can go with All She Wants To Do Is Dance being a better performance than Desperado. I think few would argue against Desperado being the better song but performance wise ASWTDID may have the edge.

I wouldn't want Glenn dancing around while Don's singing Desperado though. :partytime:

04-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Well, I’m also glad to see that we have generated some interesting discussion. And, yes, since we are supposed to be judging the quality of the performances instead of the songs, I think it definitely does (and should) alter the way we vote – I know it sure changes mine. We are certainly all over the place with our opinions, and that is the reason why we say that all opinions are valid and ask that players be respectful of one another. For example, I may not agree if someone judges a performance on how hot the band member's look or their attire, but they may not agree if I judge it on someone's dance moves. But sometimes that’s the way we roll here and that’s why we need to be able to disagree without being disagreeable. You do need somewhat of a ‘thick skin’ to enjoy these games. As is usually the case, there are lots of results that I disagree with so far in this game, but I bet most people playing would probably say the same thing. However, I still enjoy playing because I enjoy hearing different view points. For me, at least, on this DVD, there is a lot of variety in the performances so it’s easier to separate them apart. That was not the case for me when we played the HFO DVD Survivor. But, as I always say, no matter what happens here, there are no losers when it comes to Eagles songs.

So now because I totally disagree with results of this round and because it is just a game after all, I’ll vote for what I think should be eliminated …

I cast my votes for One Day At a Time and Take It To the Limit.

UK TimFan
04-18-2015, 07:58 PM
I vote for 'The boys of summer' and 'New kid in town'.

04-18-2015, 08:16 PM
In this double elimination round, the next two performances to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor are All She Wants to Do Is Dance and I Can't Tell You Why. “All She Wants to Do Is Dance" and "I Can't Tell You Why", the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – 7
I Can't Tell You Why – 6
Take It to the Limit – 4
One Day at a Time – 3
The Long Run – 2
Peaceful Easy Feeling – 2
Tequila Sunrise – 2
Walk Away – 1
In the City – 1
The Boys of Summer – 1
New Kid In Town – 1

Vote Breakdown
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – WalshFan88
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – maryc2130
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – Freypower
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – Funk 50
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – scottside
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – MaryCalifornia
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – Desperada
I Can't Tell You Why – Brooke
I Can't Tell You Why – Desperada
I Can't Tell You Why – Lacken101
I Can't Tell You Why – thelastresort
Take It to the Limit – DevineDon
Take It to the Limit – sad-cafe
Take It to the Limit – Ive always been a dreamer
One Day At a Time – thelastresort
One Day At a Time – sad-cafe
One Day At a Time – Ive always been a dreamer
The Long Run – Freypower
The Long Run – Glennsallnighter
Tequila Sunrise – Lacken101
Peaceful Easy Feeling – MaryCalifornia
Walk Away – scottside
In the City – Brooke
New Kid In Town – UK TimFan

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10
Funk #49 4/14
Hole in the World 4/14
Rocky Mountain Way 4/16
Desperado 4/16
All She Wants To Do Is Dance 4/18

Performances remaining:
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Take It to the Limit
Walk Away
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round Seven begins now.

Freypower
04-18-2015, 08:19 PM
The Long Run & In The City

04-18-2015, 09:08 PM
I didn't have time to comment much on my votes from the last round, but since they have been discussed, I'll give my thoughts now.

First of all, while I like the performance of One Day At a Time, it's not a good as the others remaining, IMO. I'm not crazy about the instrumentation in the performance or the background harmony "la la la's".

As far as Take It To the Limit, while I love it, I agree that it is missing something without the high notes of Randy's original recording and performances. Having said that, I'm so glad they still perform the song and to this day, it remains one of the most well-received songs they perform. However, if we can't have Randy performing it, I think it's appropriate that Glenn sings it now since his is the predominant voice in the harmonies on the original version.

sad-cafe
04-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Lying Eyes ...never been one of my favorites

One Day At A Time

(still bummed that all Timothy B's songs are gone )

But my favorite is still there

WalshFan88
04-18-2015, 10:53 PM
First of all, while I like the performance of One Day At a Time, it's not a good as the others remaining, IMO. I'm not crazy about the instrumentation in the performance or the background harmony "la la la's".

See, to me, this is what makes the F1 ODAAT better than Analog Man ODAAT. The background harmony. Same with LBG, better with the band than solo.

WalshFan88
04-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Tequila Sunrise and Lyin' Eyes

Funk 50
04-19-2015, 05:10 AM
So pleased one of mine has gone. Al last I can vote for something different.

If Peaceful Easy Feeling wins. I will have voted for it in every single round since the start. I like Glenn's solo backing vocals during the instrumental break. It sounds like they edited out his "Who likes country music?" yell to rouse the audience but left the resultant crowd cheer in.

Secondly, I vote for Lying Eyes. Sounds great on the radio, pretty good on the stereo too, not so good at a stadium gig.

I've seen it live, quite a few times, the best was when I was right at the back of an indoor 14,000 seater, the audience really get involved in the choruses.

When I heard that they'd dispensed with the services of Al Garth, I though that'll improve Lying Eyes. I generally like strings but not playing lines originally played on guitar.

I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling and Lying Eyes

DivineDon
04-19-2015, 09:03 AM
This is getting harder but I'll stick with Take it to the Limit and go for Lyin' Eyes - it's a great song but sometimes I can't wait until it's over to get it out of the way 'cos it goes on too long and this performance is one of those times.

scottside
04-19-2015, 09:54 AM
I vote for "Take It to The Limit" and "Walk Away."

thelastresort
04-19-2015, 09:58 AM
One Day at a Time and Take It to the Limit (I believe I've explained both previously).

04-19-2015, 01:05 PM
See, to me, this is what makes the F1 ODAAT better than Analog Man ODAAT. The background harmony. Same with LBG, better with the band than solo.

I know, Austin. It's funny how much our opinions differ about ODAAT. Since you are a huge 'guitar guy' I'm surprised that you like the Eagles version better. To me, the Analog Man version is much more of an electric guitar song and has more energy. But, I do agree with you about LBG - the high-energy Eagles' arrangement is freakin' amazing.

And speaking of high-energy, I was really disappointed to see ASWTDID go down. Again, I'm not even talking about the song itself, but I absolutely love this performance - it is just plain fun and entertaining to watch because the whole band is so into it.

As far as the songs that remain - I'm one that happens to love Lyin' Eyes - both the song and the performance. Yeah - it's a little long, but for me, the story that the song tells continues to capture my attention no matter how many times I hear it - I always eagerly anticipate the ending "ain't it funny how your new life didn't change things ...". And what can I say about the harmonies that hasn't been said a thousand times already? I love this song live because, in spite of its length, most of the audience is so into it and singing along word for word. Some of that may get lost in the video, but not entirely.

maryc2130
04-19-2015, 03:29 PM
I vote for Take it to the Limit and Walk Away.

I am one who would also like to hear Don's version of TITTL. The one on Farewell I makes me cringe. It's not that Glenn sings it poorly or anything, it's just that his voice isn't really suited to the song, IMHO. His range is so different from Randy's. I've only heard the HOtE version once (I think), but I was a lot more impressed. I think maybe they added some higher harmonies? Or more harmony, anyway.

This can be a tough game. We played this on another, completely unrelated MB I go to, and there ended up being such terrible in-fighting that we had to ban the game. And people are usually really nice to each other on that board. LOL. So I'm glad it's stayed mostly civil here. It's hard to see your most-loved songs go down early, but to me it's interesting to see how different others' opinions are, when we all love the same band.

L101
04-19-2015, 03:55 PM
I vote for Tequila Sunrise and Lyin' Eyes

I'd also like to hear Don and Timothy sing TITTL - If you include Glenn and Randy, that would be 4 different versions of the same song - would be interesting to hear them.

I love the the background harmony "la la la's" in One Day At A Time, I think they add to the song and give it lift. I love watching the band play this as its one of my favorite songs/performances from F1 :grin:

Freypower
04-19-2015, 07:23 PM
I know, Austin. It's funny how much our opinions differ about ODAAT. Since you are a huge 'guitar guy' I'm surprised that you like the Eagles version better. To me, the Analog Man version is much more of an electric guitar song and has more energy. But, I do agree with you about LBG - the high-energy Eagles' arrangement is freakin' amazing.

And speaking of high-energy, I was really disappointed to see ASWTDID go down. Again, I'm not even talking about the song itself, but I absolutely love this performance - it is just plain fun and entertaining to watch because the whole band is so into it.

As far as the songs that remain - I'm one that happens to love Lyin' Eyes - both the song and the performance. Yeah - it's a little long, but for me, the story that the song tells continues to capture my attention no matter how many times I hear it - I always eagerly anticipate the ending "ain't it funny how your new life didn't change things ...". And what can I say about the harmonies that hasn't been said a thousand times already? I love this song live because, in spite of its length, most of the audience is so into it and singing along word for word. Some of that may get lost in the video, but not entirely.

Someone has to say it before the song disappears, to my absolute dismay. It's the lead vocal in Lyin' Eyes that makes the song what it is for me. That is, my second favourite Eagles song. :sad: The length is irrelevant. Nobody complains about the length of HC or LBG.

I don't know what to say about the apparent desire for someone else to sing TITTL. I think Glenn does it his way. I see nothing wrong with that. It was never going to be the same as the original but it seems people can't accept that.

Freypower
04-19-2015, 07:27 PM
So pleased one of mine has gone. Al last I can vote for something different.

If Peaceful Easy Feeling wins. I will have voted for it in every single round since the start. I like Glenn's solo backing vocals during the instrumental break. It sounds like they edited out his "Who likes country music?" yell to rouse the audience but left the resultant crowd cheer in.

Secondly, I vote for Lying Eyes. Sounds great on the radio, pretty good on the stereo too, not so good at a stadium gig.

I've seen it live, quite a few times, the best was when I was right at the back of an indoor 14,000 seater, the audience really get involved in the choruses.

When I heard that they'd dispensed with the services of Al Garth, I though that'll improve Lying Eyes. I generally like strings but not playing lines originally played on guitar.

I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling and Lying Eyes

I was at one of the F1 shows which was filmed. I honestly don't remember the 'who still likes country music' line being said.

Funk 50
04-20-2015, 05:59 AM
I love the the background harmony "la la la's" in One Day At A Time, I think they add to the song and give it lift. I love watching the band play this as its one of my favorite songs/performances from F1 :grin:

I really disagree Lacken101. It's an upbeat song but it has serious lyrical content which isn't helped by the rest of the band la, la, la-ing in the background. No wonder Joe kept it off Long Road Out Of Eden.

I've heard enough versions of Take It To The Limit and Desperado. If the singer wants to sing them, great! but otherwise sing something else.

I think Peaceful Easy Feeling is more than one performance stitched together. I think Dirty Laundry is too. The jumping bit is really weird.

DivineDon
04-20-2015, 06:20 AM
I was first introduced to the Eagles with the Very Best of the Eagles released in 1985. It was a cassette tape that I nearly wore out. Anyway, it had an abridged version of Lyin' Eyes and left out the verse that starts '...she rushes to his arms...etc.' For a long time I didn't know there was another verse because the meaning of the song was still retained. Maybe that's why I now find it goes on too long and I just want to say 'okay we get the message'...:shrug:

In contrast I could listen to HC forever

...and for me anyway, it's not who sings leads either. I voted off Sunset Grill in the first round and was quite happy to see ASWTDID voted off as I find both repetitive.:neutral: (though of course, Mr H is my obvious preference)

thelastresort
04-20-2015, 06:20 AM
I think Peaceful Easy Feeling is more than one performance stitched together. I think Dirty Laundry is too. The jumping bit is really weird.

There's a thread on that topic, and yes there are quite a few examples of cutting and pasting! One DL example is during the final 'Kick 'em...' lines: for one Joe is at his microphone and then for the next one a split second later he is well away from them at the back of the stage.

L101
04-20-2015, 01:42 PM
I really disagree Lacken101. It's an upbeat song but it has serious lyrical content which isn't helped by the rest of the band la, la, la-ing in the background. No wonder Joe kept it off Long Road Out Of Eden.

I must be a La, La, La kind of girl so :grin:
But seriously, yeah ODAAT is a song with a serious subject but that doesn't mean that the La, La, La's make it any less so, maybe Joe wanted to lighten the song up a bit for the F1 tour......

I finally got to listen to Joe's original version of ODAAT from Analog Man and it's great - I love it, its a real guitar song so now I am going to get the CD and listen to the rest of Analog Man.
But I also love the F1 version - I suppose the La, La, La's from the band make it just that bit different to the original so that when Joe plays it solo, its his song not an Eagles song if you know what I mean.

But I love the song either way, so if it goes.....:-(

Brooke
04-20-2015, 01:52 PM
I am enjoying the discussion and just hope no one gets upset by some of the things being said. Yes, we need a thick skin sometimes when our favorites are criticized! But, it's just a game and I'm sure no one means any harm.

I'm going to vote for In The City and Take It To The Limit. Both are great songs, I'm just not as pleased with these performances.

On TITTL, I think Glenn does a fine job. He'll never sound like Randy, but no one would. He makes it his own. I would like to hear Don and Timothy both do it, but that is never going to happen. Timothy has said he didn't want to sing Randy's songs and I don't blame him. I would like to hear Don give it a shot and see how that would turn out. (Has he ever done it?) I'm glad Glenn does do it or otherwise we wouldn't ever hear it again and it's a beautiful song. :shrug:

And DD, I love your avatar! Is Don singing Get Over It or what?

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2015, 04:15 PM
I vote off The Long Run and In the City this round. I think I am spoiled as I saw much better performances of these on the HOTE tour. There is a lot more life in the newer performances of these.

UK TimFan
04-20-2015, 07:39 PM

shunlvswx
04-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Take it to the limit and Walk Away

04-20-2015, 07:57 PM
I like the song ODAAT, but I think the Analog Man version is the bomb. As far as the performance, while it's certainly not bad, I just think the others remaining are more entertaining.

I cast my votes for One Day At a Time and Take It To the Limit.

WalshFan88
04-20-2015, 08:00 PM

I totally agree. I hate the Analog Man version. It's smoother and it is more upbeat and has that classic Eagles harmony.

I realize I contradict myself a lot on here but everything is on a case-by-case basis with me. Some songs are better as rockers, some are better softer. Sometimes I prefer rock only, sometimes I like smoother stuff. And on and on. It's not that I change my mind but rather it changes depending on the song and my mood as far as rockin' vs soft. It's a seasonal-like thing if I'm in a guitar rockin' mood it'll stay for a month, and then I change, and then I change. I guess I'm a bit bipolar when it comes to music!!!

04-20-2015, 08:20 PM
In this double elimination round, the next two performances to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor are Take It To the Limit and Lyin' Eyes. “Take It To the Limit" and "Lyin' Eyes", the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Take It to the Limit – 7
Lyin’ Eyes – 5
One Day at a Time – 3
In the City – 3
Walk Away – 3
The Long Run – 2
Tequila Sunrise – 2
The Boys of Summer – 1
New Kid In Town – 1

Vote Breakdown
Take It to the Limit – DevineDon
Take It to the Limit – scottside
Take It to the Limit – thelastresort
Take It to the Limit – Brooke
Take It to the Limit – shunlvswx
Take It to the Limit – Ive always been a dreamer
Lyin’ Eyes – sad-cafe
Lyin’ Eyes – WalshFan88
Lyin’ Eyes – Funk 50
Lyin’ Eyes – DevineDon
Lyin’ Eyes – Lacken101
One Day At a Time – sad-cafe
In the City – Freypower
In the City – Brooke
In the City – Glennsallnighter
Walk Away – scottside
Walk Away – maryc2130
Walk Away – shunlvswx
The Long Run – Freypower
The Boys of Summer – – UK TimFan

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10
Funk #49 4/14
Hole in the World 4/14
Rocky Mountain Way 4/16
Desperado 4/16
Lyin' Eyes 4/20

Performances remaining:
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Walk Away
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round Eight begins now.

Freypower
04-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Well, that was fun. :-(

The Long Run & In The City

WalshFan88
04-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Tequila Sunrise and Dirty Laundry

Desperada
04-21-2015, 03:47 AM
The Long Run and In the City

Funk 50
04-21-2015, 04:52 AM
I finally got to listen to Joe's original version of ODAAT from Analog Man and it's great - I love it, its a real guitar song so now I am going to get the CD and listen to the rest of Analog Man.
But I also love the F1 version - I suppose the La, La, La's from the band make it just that bit different to the original so that when Joe plays it solo, its his song not an Eagles song if you know what I mean.

But I love the song either way, so if it goes.....:-(

I consider the Eagles version of One Day At A Time as the original, as it precedes the Analog Man version by some years. It was Jeff Lynne (Drums, bass, keyboard, guitars, backing vocals) that turned the Eagles keyboard based version into the Walsh guitar driven version. Arguably, it's more Lynne than Walsh.

Well for the first time, finding a track to vote off has taken some consideration. I've been voting for Peaceful Easy Feeling since round one but all my other non favourites have gone.

I know One Day At A Time is picking up some votes but I'm voting for another Walsh (James Gang) song, Walk Away.

When Joe joined the Eagles, Rocky Mountain Way, Turn To Stone, Funk #49 and Walk Away were added to their set list. Knowing Joe's catalog very well, I was surprised they didn't go for tracks that could utilise the Eagles harmonies a little more but I've since learn that the first 3 plus The Bomber were Joe's big live numbers. I don't think Joe's previous band Barnstorm, have ever performed Walk Away.

When Life's Been Good, In The City and All Night Long came along I thought we'd seen the last Eagles performance of Walk Away but it returned to the set list in the 21st Century, with a longer guitar solo and a drum only, backed verse. Much like ODAAT it's a short Walsh (James Gang) song that livens up the tempo of the show.

I heard Walk Away first on Joe's live, You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind album. It's very different from The James Gang original. Joe said he rearranged it in the mid 70s with help from drummer (and lead guitarist of The Rutles) Ricky Fataar and that is still my favourite version of the song.

This round I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling and Walk Away.

DivineDon
04-21-2015, 07:26 AM
Really getting tough but I have to go with my criteria of 'if you only had a spare twenty minutes to watch F1 what performances would you skip?'...

...therefore I vote for Walk Away and New Kid in Town

scottside
04-21-2015, 09:18 AM
I vote for "Walk Away" and "The Long Run."

thelastresort
04-21-2015, 09:25 AM
The Long Run (much better nowadays for Don usually having a speech before it, giving it a bit more relevance) and One Day at a Time

Freypower
04-21-2015, 05:32 PM
I consider the Eagles version of One Day At A Time as the original, as it precedes the Analog Man version by some years. It was Jeff Lynne (Drums, bass, keyboard, guitars, backing vocals) that turned the Eagles keyboard based version into the Walsh guitar driven version. Arguably, it's more Lynne than Walsh.

Well for the first time, finding a track to vote off has taken some consideration. I've been voting for Peaceful Easy Feeling since round one but all my other non favourites have gone.

I know One Day At A Time is picking up some votes but I'm voting for another Walsh (James Gang) song, Walk Away.

When Joe joined the Eagles, Rocky Mountain Way, Turn To Stone, Funk #49 and Walk Away were added to their set list. Knowing Joe's catalog very well, I was surprised they didn't go for tracks that could utilise the Eagles harmonies a little more but I've since learn that the first 3 plus The Bomber were Joe's big live numbers. I don't think Joe's previous band Barnstorm, have ever performed Walk Away.

When Life's Been Good, In The City and All Night Long came along I thought we'd seen the last Eagles performance of Walk Away but it returned to the set list in the 21st Century, with a longer guitar solo and a drum only, backed verse. Much like ODAAT it's a short Walsh (James Gang) song that livens up the tempo of the show.

I heard Walk Away first on Joe's live, You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind album. It's very different from The James Gang original. Joe said he rearranged it in the mid 70s with help from drummer (and lead guitarist of The Rutles) Ricky Fataar and that is still my favourite version of the song.

This round I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling and Walk Away.

Walk Away certainly came into the setlist for HFO, F1 & LROOE but it's not in the HOTE setlist.

sodascouts
04-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Walk Away and In the City, if it's not too late!

Funk 50
04-22-2015, 04:04 AM
Walk Away certainly came into the setlist for HFO, F1 & LROOE but it's not in the HOTE setlist.

Neither Walk Away or In The City were played on the HFO tour, although In The City is on the Hell Freezes Over CD and DVD. Joe's HFO songs were Pretty Maids All In A Row, Ordinary Average Guy, Help Me Thru The Night, Life's Been Good, Funk #49 and Rocky Mountain Way.

I'm straying off topic here but it's difficult to justify any Walsh solo tracks being included in the HOTE set list, if there are no Don and Glenn solo tracks included, except maybe Falling Down, which he wrote and sang with Henley and the two, LBG and ANL that were included on the Eagles Live album.

They could have replaced them with some LROOE tracks or a cover or two of those wonderful tracks they contributed backing vocals to, by other artists during the 70s. Joe Walsh being one of them.

maryc2130
04-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Walk Away and In the City (Sorry, Joe. Love both songs but it's getting much tougher to choose now!)

WalshFan88
04-22-2015, 04:25 PM
At least it's not Life's Been Good - which is a definitive EAGLES song for me. Man, that album version is SMOKED by Eagles Live. Two guitars, harmony vocals, and it's much like that on F1 as well.

L101
04-22-2015, 06:06 PM
Tequila Sunrise and In the City

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2015, 06:14 PM
The Long Run and In the City

Freypower
04-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Neither Walk Away or In The City were played on the HFO tour, although In The City is on the Hell Freezes Over CD and DVD. Joe's HFO songs were Pretty Maids All In A Row, Ordinary Average Guy, Help Me Thru The Night, Life's Been Good, Funk #49 and Rocky Mountain Way.

I'm straying off topic here but it's difficult to justify any Walsh solo tracks being included in the HOTE set list, if there are no Don and Glenn solo tracks included, except maybe Falling Down, which he wrote and sang with Henley and the two, LBG and ANL that were included on the Eagles Live album.

They could have replaced them with some LROOE tracks or a cover or two of those wonderful tracks they contributed backing vocals to, by other artists during the 70s. Joe Walsh being one of them.

Well, again off topic & very quickly. HOTE pretty much lost all semblance of HOTE in the second half of the show, as far as I was concerned. That's all I will say about it. I am not going to address how I think they could have maintained the HOTE theme in this thread.

UK TimFan
04-22-2015, 06:34 PM

shunlvswx
04-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Walk Away and Tequila Sunrise

04-22-2015, 07:57 PM
I really hate to see In the City or Walk Away to go down this round because I think they are fantastic performances, although I do think the HOTE version of In the City is even better. However, I want to save The Long Run because I like it even more. So ...

I cast my votes for Walk Away and One Day At a Time.

04-22-2015, 08:11 PM
In this double elimination round, the next two performances to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor are Walk Away and In the City. “Walk Away" and "In the City", the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Walk Away – 7
In the City – 6
The Long Run – 5
Tequila Sunrise – 3
One Day at a Time – 2
New Kid In Town – 2
The Boys of Summer – 1
Dirt Laundry – 1

Vote Breakdown
Walk Away – Funk 50
Walk Away – DevineDon
Walk Away – scottside
Walk Away – sodascouts
Walk Away – maryc2130
Walk Away – Ive always been a dreamer
Walk Away – shunlvswx
In the City – Freypower
In the City – Desperada
In the City– sodascouts
In the City – maryc2130
In the City – Lacken101
In the City – Glennsallnighter
The Long Run – Freypower
The Long Run – Desperada
The Long Run – scottside
The Long Run – thelastresort
Tequila Sunrise – shunlvswx
New Kid In Town – DevineDon
Dirty Laundry – WalshFan88
The Boys of Summer – – UK TimFan

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10
Funk #49 4/14
Hole in the World 4/14
Rocky Mountain Way 4/16
Desperado 4/16
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
Walk Away 4/22
In the City 4/22

Performances remaining:
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
The Boys of Summer
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round Nine begins now.

Freypower
04-22-2015, 08:23 PM
The Long Run & One Day At A Time

WalshFan88
04-22-2015, 08:42 PM
Dirty Laundry and Tequila Sunrise

Desperada
04-23-2015, 03:29 AM
The Long Run and Dirty Laundry

Funk 50
04-23-2015, 04:44 AM
The Long Run with Phil Kenzie's excellent sax solo is one of the highlights of the Eagles Live album. I was really surprised that it didn't make the Hell Freezes Over set list but it's been a constant feature since returning to the set list in 2001. Don's added it to his solo set list too (both Dons in fact).

It's good to see Henley at the front, without a comfort guitar, singing with mike in hand but I think he sings too much at the end of the song. I love the bit in the song when Joe puts his guitar behind him so he can make a three-some with Tim and Glenn, sharing a single mike. He brings his guitar back in front of him, plays a single note and then pushes it back behind him again for more backing vocals. :)

It's nice to see some band interaction during an Eagles rather than solo song. I'm hope the The Long Run will survive further in the game.

I vote for Peaceful East Feeling and Heartache Tonight

Heartache Tonight sounds great on the radio, fun live but the live recordings, with the slight changes from the original, compromise the song imo. I'm not keen on the extended intro either.

maryc2130
04-23-2015, 06:04 AM
The Long Run with Phil Kenzie's excellent sax solo is one of the highlights of the Eagles Live album. I was really surprised that it didn't make the Hell Freezes Over set list but it's been a constant feature since returning to the set list in 2001. Don's added it to his solo set list too (both Dons in fact).

It's good to see Henley at the front, without a comfort guitar, singing with mike in hand but I think he sings too much at the end of the song. I love the bit in the song when Joe puts his guitar behind him so he can make a three-some with Tim and Glenn, sharing a single mike. He brings his guitar back in front of him, plays a single note and then pushes it back behind him again for more backing vocals. :)

It's nice to see some band interaction during an Eagles rather than solo song. I'm hope the The Long Run will survive further in the game.

I vote for Peaceful East Feeling and Heartache Tonight

Heartache Tonight sounds great on the radio, fun live but the live recordings, with the slight changes from the original, compromise the song imo. I'm not keen on the extended intro either.

I agree on The Long Run and Heartache Tonight. I know it's cheesy, but I also love the way Henley plays around with Joe on TLR, since Don doesn't seem to do stuff like that very often.

L101
04-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Walk away - you've walked away :-( but I'm happy that TLR is still in play - that performance just shows that they know how to enjoy themselves and have fun on stage, while Don lets loose for a rare change !!

This round I'm voting for Tequila Sunrise, same reasons as before and Heartache Tonight- I love how this song starts - pure rockin' and it really gets the crowd going but I just don't like that intro bit...it just doesn't fit with the song.

DivineDon
04-23-2015, 07:59 AM
I agree with The Long Run showing the fun side of Don, especially, which can be a rarity.

So I vote again for New Kid in Town and Peaceful Easy Feeling

scottside
04-23-2015, 08:20 AM
I vote for "The Long Run" and "One Day At A Time."

Brooke
04-23-2015, 01:26 PM
I can't believe I forgot to vote again! I was here a few times yesterday! :crazy:

So, I'm voting now before I forget again!

The Long Run and One Day At A Time.

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2015, 07:04 PM
The Long Run and One Day At a Time are my votes this round

thelastresort
04-24-2015, 07:17 PM
The Long Run and ODAAT

04-24-2015, 07:55 PM
I think The Long Run is one of the Top 10 performances on the DVD so I hate to see it go down. I love Don's playfulness and interaction with the other band members - very entertaining to me. In any event, it looks like this round is decided so I will vote strategically ...

I cast my votes for The Boys of Summer and One of These Nights.

UK TimFan
04-24-2015, 07:55 PM

04-24-2015, 08:08 PM
In this double elimination round, the next two performances to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor are The Long Run and One Day At a Time. “The Long Run" and "One Day At a Time", the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
The Long Run – 6
One Day at a Time – 5
Tequila Sunrise – 2
Dirty Laundry – 2
Heartache Tonight – 2
New Kid In Town – 2
The Boys of Summer – 2
One of These Nights – 1

Vote Breakdown
The Long Run – Freypower
The Long Run – Desperada
The Long Run – scottside
The Long Run – Brooke
The Long Run – thelastresort
One Day at a Time – Freypower
One Day at a Time – scottside
One Day at a Time – Brooke
One Day at a Time – Glennsallnighter
Dirty Laundry – Desperada
Peaceful Easy Feeling – DevineDon
Heartache Tonight– Funk 50
Heartache Tonight – Lacken101
The Boys of Summer – Ive always been a dreamer
One of These Nights – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10
Funk #49 4/14
Hole in the World 4/14
Rocky Mountain Way 4/16
Desperado 4/16
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
Walk Away 4/22
In the City 4/22
The Long Run 4/24
One Day at a Time 4/24

Performances remaining:
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
The Boys of Summer
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round Ten begins now.

WalshFan88
04-24-2015, 08:36 PM
Tequila Sunrise and Dirty Laundry

Freypower
04-25-2015, 01:13 AM
The Boys Of Summer & Dirty Laundry

Funk 50
04-25-2015, 03:50 AM
As I did in the last round, I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling and Heartache Tonight.

The last Eagles gig I attended, they played a shortened set. Started with mighty Hotel California then played Peaceful Easy Feeling. It sounded so lame in comparison, it was like a different band was up on stage. I've never seen so many people leaving, so early in a show. I'm really surprised it's reached this far.

There are still a couple of, what I would call, run-of-the-mill performances left but I'm sticking with Heartache Tonight, a spirited performance but a fair bit below it's recorded peak.

Desperada
04-25-2015, 06:39 AM
The Boys Of Summer and Dirty Laundry

L101
04-25-2015, 07:21 AM
I can't really understand why The Boys of Summer and Dirty Laundry are being voted for at this stage? Even though they are "Don" songs, both performances include the entire band with brilliant interaction and guitar work by all - surely that adds up to a good performance or am I missing something ?? :confused:

DivineDon
04-25-2015, 07:52 AM
I can't really understand why The Boys of Summer and Dirty Laundry are being voted for at this stage? Even though they are "Don" songs, both performances include the entire band with brilliant interaction and guitar work by all - surely that adds up to a good performance or am I missing something ?? :confused:

Yeah, I agree with you, Lacken 'though I'd probably be accused of being biased as well. But like I said before I did vote for a Don lead so I'm not. I was very disappointed that The Long Run left early also as I thought it showcased great camaraderie between the guys.

I still think that New Kid in Town and Peaceful Easy Feeling should go.

thelastresort
04-25-2015, 09:42 AM
One of These Nights and Life in the Fast Lane. All performances left now are very good, alas these two are slightly less noteworthy.

scottside
04-25-2015, 09:43 AM
I vote for "The Boys Of Summer" and "Life's Been Good."

shunlvswx
04-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Ok. I don't get why some don't like the performance of Dirty Laundry (I still don't understand The Long Run). The guys are having fun and enjoying themselves. They are interacting with each other. Who doesn't like all the guys jumping together. You don't see that everyday and I don't think they don't do that anymore. IMO This is one of the best performance on the DVD. I don't get it.

Anyway I hope Dirty Laundry stays around later. It shouldn't be gone this early.

I'm voting for Peaceful Easy Feeling and Tequila Sunrise. The performance are kinda weak.

Please save Dirty Laundry. This is not a weak performance.

UndertheWire
04-25-2015, 11:05 AM
By this stage, it's not a case of people disliking a performance. Sure, there is probably a bias towards Eagles songs rather than solo material and that's probably a factor in the votes against Joe's songs, too. It's understandable if your criteria is a good group rather than individual performance.

(Sorry, I haven't voted at all in this game as I haven't found time to rewatch the show.)

Funk 50
04-25-2015, 12:22 PM
Who doesn't like all the guys jumping together. You don't see that everyday and I don't think they do that anymore.
...Please save Dirty Laundry. This is not a weak performance.

I like the the spectacle of all the guys jumping but I think it's badly edited on the dvd. From memory it I think it may even be run in slow motion, i.e. out of time with the beat.

Some great performances have already been voted off. I just hope we end up with a worthy winner.

bluefeather
04-25-2015, 12:29 PM
I know the Dirty Laundry performance from YT and I think it's really special for all the interaction and sense of fun between the guys, disappoints me me that it's being voted off

also, I would have liked to vote in this game but the dvd hasn't been available for me, hope to get my hands on it at some point

WalshFan88
04-25-2015, 03:07 PM
I think The Boys Of Summer is my favorite performance on F1 if we are talking Don solo songs. I loooove this performance and is my favorite Don solo song.

I agree The Long Run (song) is massively underrated the more I think about it. It really is the band theme song and shows that The Long Run, while maybe not as good as others, is still a damn good album. I love the performance of TLR on F1.

04-25-2015, 03:13 PM
I think it’s natural for folks to try to defend their favorites whoever they are, which, by definition, makes them biased. To claim otherwise is similar to those who vote strictly along political party lines, and then profess to be independent. I would just caution everyone again to be careful about condemning the way others are voting and not let our biases turn the game into divisive factions. For example, there are some that could have been equally affronted when Rocky Mountain Way, Lyin’ Eyes, or I Can’t Tell You Why were voted off. Although it is sometimes a challenge, we try very hard to maintain civility in these games by keeping some levity and not getting overly critical of others choices. So, ideally, the discussion here should be focused on making good, legitimate arguments to defend why certain performances should or should not be voted off rather than judging solely on which band member is performing it.

L101
04-25-2015, 03:40 PM
I vote for Tequila Sunrise and Heartache tonight again this round.

Can I also just add, that even though I asked why TBOS and DL were voted for a lot, I completely agree with everyone's reasons why and I was not trying to cause any friction between voters. Its just that they are two of my favorite performances from F1 and I hate to see them go so early as they would be in my top 5 to win :-(

Funk 50
04-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Now most of the Walsh songs are out of the way, I expect all the Frey fans to vote for Henley songs and all the Henley fans to vote for Frey songs. The big question is how long will Joe's magnificent, epic, brilliant, fabulous performance of Life's Been Good survive?

04-25-2015, 05:41 PM
Thanks Lacken – I appreciate your response and I know you weren’t intentionally trying to cause friction. I want to clarify that my post was not meant to single you out and was directed more about playing these Survivor games in general. I just want everyone to remember that your biases are never going to be shared by everyone, so please be sensitive to that when playing this game. Also keep in mind that all reasons for voting are valid and we don’t want to put players on the defensive. I realize it’s hard to know why the votes are going the way they are in this particular game when there hasn’t been much discussion about the quality of the performances. But, no one is obligated to discuss or defend their votes. And, on the flip side of that, keep in mind that those who do choose to participate in discussion certainly should be prepared to be respectfully challenged by others. :thumbsup:

So enough about that – now I am going to talk about my feelings on this round. I am one who loves Dirty Laundry and would hate to see it go down. I am trying to base my votes on the overall band performance and entertainment value of these performances. As I’ve shared before in other performance Survivor games, for me, this includes such things as:

- How effective were the technical vocal and instrumental performances?
- How well was the live performance able to bring the song to life?
- How well did the style of the performance showcase the overall abilities of the band as a whole?
- Was the band emotionally engaged with the song?
- How well did the band connect with the audience?
- Did the performance appear to have an emotional impact on the audience?

Of course, this is just my criteria. I am one who doesn’t mind divulging how I judge the performances even though I recognize that not everyone agrees with me. But, Dirty Laundry passes my test with flying colors in every category. I particularly love the band interaction, even if it involves jumping (:wink: :wink:) and the three guitar solos add amazing instrumental performances to an already amazing vocal performance, IMHO.

maryc2130
04-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Heartache Tonight and Already Gone

sodascouts
04-25-2015, 09:46 PM
I'm getting so mixed up about when the rounds ends - I thought I'd voted in the prior round - obviously not. How embarrassing! Now, what to vote for this time....

sodascouts
04-25-2015, 09:53 PM
I'm voting for Tequila Sunrise and Boys of Summer.

The reason I'm voting for these two is because I think, of the ones left, they are the least memorable. For each of the other 10 performances left, there's something in particular I remember about them, be it jumps, jokes, interactions, solos, or especially impassioned singing... there's something that makes them stand out. No so for BOS and TS, at least in my mind.

I think they're both magnificent songs, BTW. I'm judging on what strikes me as especially memorable for these particular performances, not on the song's merits.

Funk 50
04-26-2015, 05:22 AM
I'm really surprised sodascouts. I find both TS & TBOS, particularly Tequila Sunrise with a trumpet solo, very memorable.

I can't remember anything remarkable about New Kid In Town and One Of These Nights although I haven't voted for either yet.

It must be the "impassioned singing". It does little for me :shrug:

Thanks for sharing your reasons sodascouts :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
04-26-2015, 05:00 PM
Dirty Laundry and Lifes been Good

sodascouts
04-26-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm really surprised sodascouts. I find both TS & TBOS, particularly Tequila Sunrise with a trumpet solo, very memorable.

I can't remember anything remarkable about New Kid In Town and One Of These Nights although I haven't voted for either yet.

It must be the "impassioned singing". It does little for me :shrug:

Thanks for sharing your reasons sodascouts :thumbsup:

That's our fundamental difference; an impassioned performance is what I value most. OOTN isn't my favorite song, but holy crap, the guys throw themselves into singing it here. The vocals start out with a smoky sensuality and then build to an incredible climax, and they take you right along with them. It's the hottest performance of the concert, IMHO.

NKIT has a very vulnerable quality to the vocal, especially the bridge. It really adds a lot to the performance. I find it moving... There's that passion element again... And I love it.

When I go to a show, I want the performer to make me feel the emotion of the lyrics. If they didn't sell the songs with impassioned performances, I wouldn't bother to attend. I'd just listen to the songs at home and save myself a lot of money. ;)

UK TimFan
04-26-2015, 07:39 PM

04-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Well the songs I was going to vote for should be eliminated so I'm going to use my second vote just to even up the score for the future ...

I cast my votes for Tequila Sunrise and Hotel California.

04-26-2015, 08:10 PM
In this double elimination round, the next two performances to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor are Tequila Sunrise and The Boys of Summer. “Tequila Sunrise" and "The Boys of Summer", the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Tequila Sunrise – 5
The Boys of Summer – 5
Dirty Laundry – 4
Peaceful Easy Feeling – 3
Heartache Tonight – 3
Life’s Been Good – 2
New Kid In Town – 2
One of These Nights – 1
Life in the Fast Lane – 1
Already Gone – 1
Hotel California – 1

Vote Breakdown
Tequila Sunrise – shunlvswx
Tequila Sunrise – sodascouts
Tequila Sunrise – Ive always been a dreamer
The Boys of Summer – Freypower
The Boys of Summer – Desperada
The Boys of Summer – scottside
The Boys of Summer – sodascouts
Dirty Laundry – Freypower
Dirty Laundry – Glennsallnighter
Peaceful Easy Feeling – DevineDon
Peaceful Easy Feeling – shunlvswx
Heartache Tonight– Funk 50
Heartache Tonight – Lacken101
Heartache Tonight – maryc2130
One of These Nights – thelastresort
Life in the Fast Lane – thelastresort
Life’s Been Good – scottside
Life’s Been Good – Glennsallnighter
Already Gone – maryc2130
Hotel California – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10
Funk #49 4/14
Hole in the World 4/14
Rocky Mountain Way 4/16
Desperado 4/16
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
Walk Away 4/22
In the City 4/22
The Long Run 4/24
One Day at a Time 4/24
Tequila Sunrise 4/26
The Boys of Summer 4/26

Performances remaining:
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
Already Gone
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Important Note:
We are down to 10 performances so we are now going to switch to single elimination for the rest of the game. Please vote for only one performance for each of the remaining rounds.

Voting for Round Eleven begins now.

WalshFan88
04-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Dirty Laundry

thelastresort
04-26-2015, 08:28 PM
One of These Nights

Freypower
04-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Dirty Laundry

shunlvswx
04-26-2015, 09:40 PM
All the rest of the songs are great. Now that it's now, I'm looking for funness, interaction and vocals.small thing from each song I love. I love New Kid In Town. One of my favorite songs that Glenn sings. I love when Glenn hits that high note at "when you're still around." He nailed it on this DVD.

I'm voting for Peaceful Easy Feeling. I can't find what I like about the song.

sad-cafe
04-26-2015, 10:27 PM
New Kid In Town.

out of the ones left that is my least favorite

but my two absolute favorites are still there :)

scottside
04-27-2015, 08:22 AM
One Of These Nights.

DivineDon
04-27-2015, 08:40 AM
New Kid in Town

Funk 50
04-27-2015, 11:09 AM
I've voted for it every single round. I'll be sorry to see it go now.... Peaceful Easy Feeling

Desperada
04-27-2015, 06:29 PM
Dirty Laundry

sodascouts
04-27-2015, 11:40 PM
I like all of the top 10, but I'm afraid the time has finally come for me to reluctantly vote for Dirty Laundry. I love the band dynamics, but I like the other performances more.

Brooke
04-28-2015, 10:09 AM
I like all that is left too. It's really hard to pick one to go, but if I must......

Dirty Laundry

04-28-2015, 06:17 PM
That's our fundamental difference; an impassioned performance is what I value most.

... When I go to a show, I want the performer to make me feel the emotion of the lyrics. If they didn't sell the songs with impassioned performances, I wouldn't bother to attend. I'd just listen to the songs at home and save myself a lot of money. ;)

I couldn't agree with you more about this, Soda! :thumbsup:

Now, onto the matter at hand. I am so bombed that it looks like Dirty Laundry is going down this round. I adore this performance. I was going to vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling this time, but it doesn't look like it would do any good so I guess I'll vote strategically ...

I cast my vote for Hotel California.

Also, wanted to let everyone know that the results of this round may be posted late tonight. I have to go out for a little while this evening so Soda or I will post them as soon as one of us are available.

Glennsallnighter
04-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Dirty Laundry! Appropriate for me. My washing machine died the other day!!!

UK TimFan
04-28-2015, 07:09 PM
I vote for 'New kid in town'.

L101
04-28-2015, 07:22 PM
New kid in town

sodascouts
04-28-2015, 08:13 PM
The next performance to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor is Dirty Laundry. "Dirty Laundry", we hate to kick you when you're down, but the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Dirty Laundry – 6
New Kid In Town – 4
One of These Nights – 2
Hotel California – 1

Vote Breakdown
Dirty Laundry – Freypower
Dirty Laundry - sodascouts
Dirty Laundry - Brooke
Dirty Laundry – Glennsallnighter
New Kid in Town - sad-cafe
New Kid in Town – DivineDon
New Kid in Town – UK TimFan
New Kid in Town - Lacken101
Peaceful Easy Feeling - shunlvswx
One of These Nights – thelastresort
One of These Nights - scottside
Hotel California - Ive always been a dreamer

Performances remaining:
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
Already Gone
Life's Been Good
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Performances eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/08
Sunset Grill 4/08
No More Cloudy Days 4/10
Wasted Time 4/10
Funk #49 4/14
Hole in the World 4/14
Rocky Mountain Way 4/16
Desperado 4/16
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
Walk Away 4/22
In the City 4/22
The Long Run 4/24
One Day at a Time 4/24
Tequila Sunrise 4/26
The Boys of Summer 4/26
Dirty Laundry 4/28

Voting for Round Twelve begins now.

shunlvswx
04-28-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm sad to see Dirty Laundry gone because imo it wasn't the weakest out of all the song that's left. I thought it would make the top 5. Oh well.

I'm voting for Peaceful Easy Feeling again. I didn't find anything I enjoy from that performance and I wasn't feeling it.

Freypower
04-28-2015, 10:17 PM
It had to happen. I suppose it's time to put Peaceful Easy Feeling out of its misery, but I think it is beautifully sung by Glenn. He looks good too. Not that that matters. Being realistic it's probably time it went. It should certainly go before the magnficent New Kid In Town.

Funk 50
04-29-2015, 04:39 AM
Now most of the Walsh songs are out of the way, I expect all the Frey fans to vote for Henley songs and all the Henley fans to vote for Frey songs.

I'm just wondering... did any Henley fans vote for Dirty Laundry?

At last! it looks like it's on the slippery slope. It could be the last time I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling.

DivineDon
04-29-2015, 08:10 AM
Very disappointed Dirty Laundry lost out....

...once again then, I go for New Kid in Town

scottside
04-29-2015, 08:48 AM
I vote for "Peaceful Easy Feeling."

Brooke
04-29-2015, 09:38 AM
I hate it, cause Glenn sings it beautifully, but I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Desperada
04-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Glennsallnighter
04-29-2015, 05:26 PM
Now most of the Walsh songs are out of the way, I expect all the Frey fans to vote for Henley songs and all the Henley fans to vote for Frey songs.[/I] survive?

I don't think the majority of us are quite that shallow F50. However I will mention 2 points.

Firstly while many of Joes songs are funny and lively and show great guitar work, they are not generally the iconic songs that the Eagles are famous for. They appeal mainly to a specific group of Joe fans. It would be inevitable I think that the winner would come from one of the Henley or Frey songs. Simply because they are 'across the board' Eagles songs. If and 'ordinary average guy' talks about the Eagles songs (as opposed to us hardcore fans) they generally talk about those stalwarts, HC, TIE, LE etc. LBG while it is an excellent performance is NOT the first song most people think about.

Secondly, while I may be guilty myself of favouring Frey songs, that is simply because I prefer them. My favourite of the remaining songs does have him on lead, but my second favourite is a 'Henley' song, so if the one I want was voted off it is quite likely that even though I imagine I belong to your 'Frey fan' group, I would be voting a Henley song to win. However I make no secret of the fact that I prefer many of the Glenn :heart: Frey performances over the Don Henley ones. Thats my opinion. Its what makes this game what is is for all of us. Our opinions.

I think too (and i said it earlier) that is is difficult to reconcile performances that are 10 years old with ones that many of us have seen more recently in the HOTE shows. The latter ones WILL colour our opinions in many cases whether we like it or not.

So I don't think its as clear cut as only voting off songs of band members to keep your favourite's in! KWIM?

WalshFan88
04-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Peaceful Easy Feeling

DivineDon
04-30-2015, 10:46 AM
Secondly, while I may be guilty myself of favouring Frey songs, that is simply because I prefer them.

Is this really the case GA? Can you make a blanket statement like that? Do you prefer LE to HC, for instance? :eyebrow:

Personally, as you know, I love Don's voice and the man himself, but I couldn't say I prefer all of his songs to Glenn's or Joe's or Timothy's - there are exceptions as to any rule.

btw, I'm not trying to be provocative - I just found your views very interesting