PDA

View Full Version : The King is gone.

Brooke
05-15-2015, 01:28 PM
BB King has passed. 89 years young! What a legend and inspiration to music!

RIP BB. :sad:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/05/15/blues-legend-bb-king-dies-at-8-attorney-says/

L101
05-15-2015, 01:52 PM
RIP BB!! You will be missed.

GlennLover
05-15-2015, 06:14 PM
He was such a music legend. He certainly will be missed.

sodascouts
05-15-2015, 06:48 PM
So sorry to hear it! I saw him in Atlantic City several years ago; he went on before Joe. A legend indeed. R.I.P.

By the way, a piece of trivia - a few years ago, Glenn recorded a duet with BB King: Drivin' Wheel.

WalshFan88
05-15-2015, 06:54 PM
RIP BB.

shunlvswx
05-15-2015, 08:47 PM
He was a fellow Mississippian. I can't remember when the last time he was here in MS, but its been recent before he got sick.

I was listening the song Patches he did with George Jones for the Rhythm, Country and Blues album that came out around the same time as Common Thread.

Don Felder talked about BB today on his facebook and the story of when he played with BB when he was his teens.

RIP To BB.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-15-2015, 09:39 PM
So sorry to hear it! I saw him in Atlantic City several years ago; he went on before Joe. A legend indeed. R.I.P.

By the way, a piece of trivia - a few years ago, Glenn recorded a duet with BB King: Drivin' Wheel.

I looked for a good version on YouTube to post on the EOC Facebook page, but nothing live and the other versions seemed to be one picture that didn't change (kind of boring).

I never got into BB King, but of course I appreciated and respected him for being the absolute icon that he was. Always will be. What a tremendous influence he was, and for so long. He added so much to the music industry, and enriched so many lives with his music. The world lost a true legend today.

SilverAcidRayne
05-15-2015, 09:49 PM
oh this hurt so bad. my heart is so heavy man. the music world is definitely missing the main piece. if it was not for him i'm sure we would not have any eagles. he paved the way for all of them. he will be sorely missed. :-(

Tiffanny Twisted
05-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Yes soda I remember that show so well.

It was the first time jahh and I met you and kay and joanie.
It was a great show by b B and joe

I'm so greatfull to have that memorie and the chance to see the man in person

Rip

So is there a recording of this g and bb song?

Freypower
05-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Yes soda I remember that show so well.

It was the first time jahh and I met you and kay and joanie.
It was a great show by b B and joe

I'm so greatfull to have that memorie and the chance to see the man in person

Rip

So is there a recording of this g and bb song?

It's on an album called 80 which was recorded for his 80th birthday & features a whole stack of famous guests (not just Glenn, but Mark Knopfler :thumbsup:and many others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZHfvQMvjb8

Tiffanny Twisted
05-16-2015, 07:56 PM
Thank you
I really ejoyed that

Glennsallnighter
05-17-2015, 03:05 AM
RIP BB King. I cannot believe how many music legends we have lost this year :-(

Brooke
05-18-2015, 10:01 AM
It's on an album called 80 which was recorded for his 80th birthday & features a whole stack of famous guests (not just Glenn, but Mark Knopfler :thumbsup:and many others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZHfvQMvjb8

Thanks for this, Fp. I aimed to look for this to post and then forgot!

I actually have this cd and really like it!

bluefeather
05-18-2015, 12:47 PM
R.I.P Benny King

AlreadyGone95
05-18-2015, 02:51 PM
Rip to a great music legend. I'm not a big fan of his, but his music is timeless. My favorite thing he did was when he played himself on an episode of Sanford and Son called "Fred Sings the Blues". It's one of my favorite episodes of that show.

Topkat
05-27-2015, 10:08 PM
Sad news....RIP BB King! His music will live on forever

UndertheWire
06-02-2015, 06:32 AM
The BBC are showing a documentary about him which is probably available in the US through some other provider. It's fascinating because it shows such a different world - when "dirt poor" meant living in a shack, picking cotton and walking miles to school and young men could be hanged by the KKK. I'm beginning to understand why it was so odd that the blues got picked up by middle-class English boys and sold back to the US.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03vsp7r

ETA: Joe Walsh pops up about 60 minutes in. Also Bill Szymsyck.