PDA

View Full Version : Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, OK - May 20, 2015

VAisForEagleLovers
05-20-2015, 10:06 PM
So far I've seen one tweet for tonight's concert. Glenn told the 'Plaintiff' joke. I know how much several people here like that joke so I thought I'd mention it. :hilarious:

Houston Baby
05-21-2015, 06:11 AM
I wonder how Glenn decides whether or not to tell the plaintiff joke? In Austin, he did not tell it. On The Ted Nugent joke, I think he decides by the city or region. He did not tell the TN joke in Houston or Austin. Smart guy, he realizes TN is liked by many in TX - NOT including me. :hilarious:

maryc2130
05-21-2015, 06:21 AM
It's funny, when I saw Billy Joel last summer, he told a Ted Nugent joke, too. Can't remember what it was, but definitely not flattering to Ted. LOL.

TimFan222
05-21-2015, 07:06 AM
Waiting at airport so thought I'd post. Show last night was great vocally. They are always great. They seemed to be having fun. What I could see Don must have shaved and had a faint goatee. Right before HC it got really hot all of a sudden. They must have felt it too as Timothy came out for first encore he tied his hair back. First time in 17 shows I've seen that. Has anyone else seen Timothy pull his hair back anywhere? This show was pared back from other HOTE shows. They didn't have the barn lights come down at beginning. The back show was different unless they just had technical difficulties. Was the Austin show this way?
The set list was the same. Glen did plaintiff joke.
Will Hollis fans: he looked great!

Keith and Wendy it was great meeting up with you guys. Had a great time!!
Hope to see you in Greenville

All in all great show. Happy they are back on the road. Really missed them 😍😍😍😍

VAisForEagleLovers
05-21-2015, 07:10 AM
F50, I moved your post to the Austin concert thread since it was about the Austin show.

TF222, so glad you all had a great time!! Once of the shows in the midwest, Omaha or Des Moines, the lights didn't all come down at the beginning of the first set, so perhaps it was technical difficulties.

Funk 50
05-21-2015, 07:17 AM
Thanks VA :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-21-2015, 07:20 AM
All the tweets I'm looking at are very positive. Here's a picture!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/OKC/1_zpsthbefwmo.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
05-21-2015, 07:31 AM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/OKC/2_zpsblotzaxw.jpg

Brooke
05-21-2015, 09:24 AM
TF222, thanks for your thoughts and so glad you had a good time! I can't believe Tim pulled his hair back! I've seen it before, but not at a concert!

Nice pics too! Thanks VA!

shunlvswx
05-21-2015, 10:11 AM
Its funny you see all those phones in the air. LOL I guess they said we know we're not going to get kicked out since the show is over. LOL

L101
05-21-2015, 12:38 PM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/OKC/2_zpsblotzaxw.jpg

I think the person using their phone at the bottom left of this pic hasn't quite got the hang of using the camera on their phone or else it's just a weird time to be taking a selfie when the guys are that close to them !! :grin:

Houston Baby
05-21-2015, 12:45 PM
TF222 - they did not have the lights come down during the Austin show either. I know it's silly but I missed them. I love when those lights are lowered before Don & Glenn come out. :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-21-2015, 01:12 PM
I meant to mention it earlier that former Cowboys coach Barry Switzer was at the concert. Now there's a picture of him with Glenn!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/OKC/with%20barry%20switzer_zpsorw84fx1.jpg

MaryCalifornia
05-21-2015, 02:03 PM
First time in 17 shows I've seen that. Has anyone else seen Timothy pull his hair back anywhere?

Thanks for the review, TF222! TBS did have his hair pulled back in a festival show early in the HOTE tour - very hot and humid - I'll have to go find it. The one in Eastern Canada, maybe? Or, I think there was maybe another festival before that one?

Found it, it was Milwaukee: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4467

Freypower
05-21-2015, 06:29 PM
Glenn's hair looks dark again there. :hmm: Well, darker, anyway.He wears that T shirt all the time; he wore it in New Zealand.

Keith
05-22-2015, 07:22 PM
A great evening, start to finish. We really enjoyed dinner with Bettie (TimFan222) & David at the preshow. Bettie, my fingers are crossed for Lexington or Greenville!

The concert was a wonderful performance. Of course, these guys have always delivered, even when there where death threats on stage. The folks around me were very courteous, which really made for the best experience that I have had at an Eagles show. It was fun to see the jovial interaction between the band members. I still enjoy Glenn's jokes, no matter how many times I hear them. The only thing missing was the follow-up, "That's damn funny." Timothy called a child to the front of the stage to give her a pic, which was nice to see. The only small thing that I noticed as possibly different was Bernie with a Telecaster guitar during Take It Easy, and I thought he had been on the banjo in past performances. Oh, and I was also close enough to see, someone, I think it was Steuart, playing the mandolin on Saturday Night, when only Don and Glenn "appear" to be on stage.

After the show, one of the stagehands threw the pics off of Glenn's mic-stand into the crowd. I tried to catch one and missed. I looked on the floor but couldn't find it. Then I felt it. TF222 mentioned above how hot it was. It was stuck to the sweat on my forehead. :laugh:

A chance meeting stretched our Eagles fun into the next day. I was walking out of a shop at the airport empty-handed, no iced coffee, and paused to let a man rolling a suitcase walk buy... that's Steuart Smith! I forgot the coffee, walked back to where my wife was sitting with the luggage and quickly considered my options. Ticket stubs and other Eagles goodies from the party were buried in the bottom of my suitcase, but the Greatest Hits 71-75 CD from the Shriner's/Walden Woods guitar raffle was on top. I have never unwrapped a CD so fast. Luckily, I also had a pen from the hotel. Wendy snapped some pics from a distance as I approached him as he talked in a small group waiting to board. "Excuse me, Mr. Smith. May I impose on you for a moment." He nodded and said something like "sure." I handed him the CD & pen. He smiled and said "I'm not on this, but I'll sign it." I said, "Well, you play with them now. I've seen you 8x, and it was a pleasure to actually meet you." He said something positive such as "you too." Then I shook his hand and took my leave. He was very polite, and possibly surprised. I wish I would have had a copy of Long Road Out Of Eden instead, and would have complimented him more directly, but I was extremely lucky to have met him at all. This makes me want to see another show.:grin:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Yay Keith!!! So glad to hear it was a good show and that once again our guys delivered an awesome performance!!

TimFan222
05-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Keith. How awesome is that. First you get the pick and then see Stewart. Was he going to a private plane or flying commercial? I had a blast with you and Wendy. We will be at both of those shows so let me know which (or both) you are going to

TimFan222
05-22-2015, 09:10 PM
TF222 - they did not have the lights come down during the Austin show either. I know it's silly but I missed them. I love when those lights are lowered before Don & Glenn come out. :thumbsup:

HB. I agree. When the lights came down I knew magic was about to happen

Houston Baby
05-22-2015, 10:16 PM
Exactly TF222! Magic....

How lucky are you feeling Keith! Maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket. :thumbsup:

Keith
05-23-2015, 08:54 AM
Keith. How awesome is that. First you get the pick and then see Stewart. Was he going to a private plane or flying commercial? I had a blast with you and Wendy. We will be at both of those shows so let me know which (or both) you are going to
It was a commercial flight. The only announcement I heard during that time was for Chicago, but I'm not sure where he was heading that day. However, that was Thursday morning, and he had to be in El Paso Friday night. Unless, Don Felder was covering that one.:laugh:

sodascouts
05-23-2015, 10:21 AM
Cool story Keith! The sweat bit made me laugh out loud, and how neat to meet Steuart on the way out!

Keith
05-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Exactly TF222! Magic....

How lucky are you feeling Keith! Maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket. :thumbsup:
I could use a big score, HB. Especially with a Henley tour probably on the horizon.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-24-2015, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the reviews TF222 and Keith. It is very cool that you two were able to meet up before the show. And Keith, awesome that you ran into Steuart and were able to chat with him and get his autograph.

Glennsallnighter
05-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Great story Keith I'm so glad that you got the pick and to meet Steuart too. I love reading the personal stories that come out of these shows.

Brooke
05-26-2015, 11:06 AM
Laughing about the end of show phones! Funny!

Keith, what a great evening for you, heat and all! And getting to meet Stewart and get his autograph topped it all off for you! Excellent! Thanks for sharing your picks too! :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
07-28-2015, 08:00 PM
HC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOwI4UubUjI