PDA

View Full Version : MGM Grand, Las Vegas, 5/24/2015

VAisForEagleLovers
05-25-2015, 07:53 AM
A photo from last night!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Vegas/May%202015/1_zps1ylpksir.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
05-25-2015, 07:56 AM
"President Snow" from the Hunger Games was there...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Vegas/May%202015/president%20snow_zpsebkqlgog.jpg

This is a great picture! I love it!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Vegas/May%202015/2_zpsuzvuhejb.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
05-25-2015, 08:09 AM
another...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Vegas/May%202015/3_zpsc36mbq5u.jpg

shunlvswx
05-25-2015, 08:26 AM

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Vegas/May%202015/2_zpsuzvuhejb.jpg

This is a great picture. Don changed up his shirt.

sodascouts
05-25-2015, 10:55 AM
"President Snow" from the Hunger Games was there...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Vegas/May%202015/president%20snow_zpsebkqlgog.jpg

I just watched Mockingjay Part 1 last night!

And yes, love the photo!

Tori
05-25-2015, 12:29 PM
A clip of Heartache Tonight I found on Tumblr. (http://rock-city-lights.tumblr.com/post/119831001265/its-gonna-be-a-heartache-tonight) Sounding great!

Glennsallnighter
05-25-2015, 05:27 PM
A photo from last night!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/Vegas/May%202015/1_zps1ylpksir.jpg

That was during Already Gone I'd say. Thanks for the pics - Love the one where Glenn :heart: is in the foreground. Its a complex pic but it works!

Tonearm
05-30-2015, 05:53 PM
I really hope the band's management and members read this and DO take it to heart. And WAKE UP!! Last minute decision to go see these guys (2nd time I've seen them) and scored some great floor seats in 25th row at a reduced price. No doubt the music was really fabulous and Bernie Leadon showed up, which really enriched the harmonies. Sound was great too for an arena.

But but but.....The show started right at 8, while people were still on line in the crowded entrance to the MGM, which was a bummer to have to rush in. As I wrote on TripAdvisor the MGM Grand had outrageous prices and limited concessions, so long waits and more missed show. And they had no lids on waters, beers or mixed drinks, only the $5 sodas that are sold by the cup. More on this in a minute.

So, two things they blamed squarely on the Eagles. This BS about no cameras and Nazi-like confrontations of anyone who pulled out a cellphone, even to text or use social media. The Eagles have continually been accused of being crass money-grabbing assholes, but this really hammered the point home. We brought our 4 yo son, who was bored to tears and he couldn't even play games on our cell, since as security said, the glare interferes with the band and they requested no cellphones at all. Really?? The glare from the 25th row!! Let's call a spade a spade, these fckers are afraid someone might sell a picture or pirated audio for a few hundred bucks and they want every last dollar they can grab from your pockets. Luckily we were able to get a t-shirt in the lobby for $20 that sold for $40 inside the show, of course! And of course we have to pay for all the alimony, palimony and rehabs that narcissist Frey and drunk/druggie Walsh accumulated. God knows how many bastard children exist! And they actually bragged about this in a couple of their songs, the part about the ex's and drunk/drug-alogues.

And second, without any mention on the tickets at all they decide to take your cameras after you wait on line an hour and then have to go back to the check station, to check your camera...and get back on line. They clearly said, "this is the Eagles shitty policy, not ours". And the $5 waters in cups with no lids...Eagles policy. Maybe they are afraid someone would get pissed off enough and hit Frey in the head with a water bottle. That would have actually been funny to see. Maybe next time someone should "accidentally" trip and spill water all over the huge electronic consoles in the back of the arena...to thank them for their policy of course. As the concession person said, for a band that loves to talk about ecology, they sure like to waste plastic!

Conclusion, the music is still great as it always was, perhaps even better, and they are still money-grabbing assholes as has been written about since the mid-70's.

Witchy Woman
05-30-2015, 06:19 PM
Wow -

You certainly don't sound like an Eagles fan. At least you are aware of their policies now and can keep your money out of their "money grubbing" hands.

sodascouts
05-30-2015, 06:26 PM
You can't be for real... what kind of parent would pay $200 for their four-year-old kid to go to a rock concert just so he could play games on his phone the whole time?

I smell a troll....

Ive always been a dreamer
05-30-2015, 09:38 PM
Yep, Soda - I agree.

Glad the music was great. The concert experience would have really sucked otherwise. :twisted:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-30-2015, 10:16 PM
A foul-mouthed troll.

Tonearm
05-31-2015, 04:45 AM
It was part of a road trip and of course he enjoyed some of the music that he hears often at home and can even sing. But a 4 yo needs a lot of things to do, just like we do...go get a drink, etc. It's a fair review and I'm not the first nor last to state the obvious. The band needs a dose of reality, as humans, just like we all do. Having been to some of the biggest and best shows around the world, I rarely if ever had goons come down on me and my wife for pulling out a cellphone. And the staff of the arena reported some of the issues I cited. Not my imagination. They were basically a pain in the ass to work with, according to a few staff members.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2015, 07:43 AM
As someone who goes to a lot of concerts and have been seriously annoyed by people sticking their phones in my line of sight so they can take a picture, this rule of the Eagles' is something I can totally get behind. At the Cincinnati concert, the lady beside me was on her phone texting and on Facebook the entire show, and the glare of it as well as the constantly changing screen was very distracting to all those around her, including her husband. It was thoughtless and inconsiderate, and people like her are a big reason they have this rule. I paid $650 for a second row seat and didn't need the distraction.

The staff at MGM can complain all they want, they're probably just upset they have to actually work for a change. I do searches for tweets after concerts, and you'll be happy to know that after the MGM concert, there were a lot of tweets in support of the rules, as there are after every concert. There were no negative comments at all.

People who think they have a perfect right to destroy other people's concert experiences for their own convenience can complain all they want. They are the reason the rules exist. More and more bands are beginning to adapt the same rules, for the same reasons.

We have an entire thread on this subject here (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5231).

Tiffanny Twisted
05-31-2015, 09:10 AM
Ok what kinda idiot brings a 4 year old to a concert..
Then complains cause you can't shove a cell phone or electdonic devise in their hands to entertain then Or babysit then for the concert?
Do you know how anyonning that 4year old is to others who didn't score great price last minute for their tickets?
Dude if I go out ,I don't want your 4 year old with rude parents messing up my nighg out.

Next having been at. Show where somone threw flowers at tbs and they cut their encores out cause of it I get not wanting bottles etc in the audience

You shudda done somthing elsewith your year old instead if dragging them there.

UndertheWire
05-31-2015, 09:22 AM
I really hope the band's management and members read this and DO take it to heart.
In case you hadn't realised, this is a fan board and not the best way of expressing your disapproval to the band. Perhaps you could write to the band or the venue.

You won't get much sympathy from fans here, because rather than making a last-minute decision, most have planned their concert attendances well in advance and know about the phone ban. Also, I doubt many of us would consider taking a 4 year-old to a three hour concert unless it was designed as a family entertainment.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-31-2015, 09:31 AM
Well said utw

Freypower
05-31-2015, 06:55 PM
As I have said before I thought the no phones policy was carried to a ridiculous extreme in Australia, but it appears the majority of people on this board now appear to support it. I would say, that although I didn't appreciate the tone of this review, it's a bit sad when the phone policy interferes with actual enjoyment of the show. I don't think people like me wish to 'destroy' the experience & are being unfairly penalised in order to punish the people who do overstep the mark. My objection to this policy is mainly to the blanket ban on photography. The handful of nearly identical photos which appear in reviews is no substitute for having your own souvenir. If the Eagles hate fans taking photos so much they could put some photos on their website. If they hate fans taking video so much they could release a DVD. It isn't that hard.

sodascouts
05-31-2015, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm enthusiastic about every single aspect of all of their policies, but I go along with the band's wishes. At any rate, I'm certainly not going to express solidarity with such a nasty, ugly post. My thoughts on the phone ban are in the thread we have dedicated to the issue and I hope this thread remains about the show and doesn't become a rehash of that debate.

To Tonearm, I want to reiterate that this board is in no way officially affiliated with the band and sending them "messages" by posting here is a waste of your time.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2015, 10:15 PM
This has reviews of most recent Vegas shows, including the Eagles. The reviewer got Glenn and Don confused...

He also mentions a run of shows at The Joint for the Eagles... It's even smaller than the Revel was in Atlantic City, so I can't see that happening.

http://lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2015/may/30/vinyl-spins-michael-grimm-ceo-taking-over-downtown/

SilverMoon
06-03-2015, 11:05 PM
This photo was posted on Twitter and Facebook on May 24 by TV writer and comedian Carol Leifer with the caption:

In Timothy B.'s dressing room before he takes the stage with THE EAGLES! Awesome guy.
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y502/SilverMoon333/Album%20x/175_zpsfoigwmwg.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
06-04-2015, 07:28 AM
Thank you, SilverMoon!!!

StephUK
06-10-2015, 05:34 AM
As I have said before I thought the no phones policy was carried to a ridiculous extreme in Australia, but it appears the majority of people on this board now appear to support it. I would say, that although I didn't appreciate the tone of this review, it's a bit sad when the phone policy interferes with actual enjoyment of the show. I don't think people like me wish to 'destroy' the experience & are being unfairly penalised in order to punish the people who do overstep the mark. My objection to this policy is mainly to the blanket ban on photography. The handful of nearly identical photos which appear in reviews is no substitute for having your own souvenir. If the Eagles hate fans taking photos so much they could put some photos on their website. If they hate fans taking video so much they could release a DVD. It isn't that hard.

I'm on the outside here - I don't support the 'no phones' policy. No one using a phone has ever bothered me at an Eagles show, or detracted from my enjoyment. Quite a few drunks have though.:nod:

I totally agree with your comments on photos. It's great to have some photos of a show as souvenirs. Also, yes, they should put some photos or even a video or two on their website. The photos on there are all posed shots and taken years ago.

Irving & Don have both made comments about YouTube. Irving saying he would remove all the artists he represents unless YouTube pay royalties to the artist, and Don saying 'YouTube has enough free stuff'. Notice the word FREE in that sentence.
The Eagles know that modern cameras & phones can film video; I think the camera/phones ban may be due to this.
If YouTube agreed to pay royalties(which I hope they never do) I think the Eagles would allow cameras & phones at their shows again, and the gestapo security would disappear. Think about it. I'm always keen to hear the view of other Borderers - even if you disagree with me! You may even convince me I'm wrong on this one. You'll have to have a good argument though

Sorry if I've gone too far off topic for this thread. Move it to a more appropriate one if you like.

tyalaw
06-30-2015, 09:41 AM
Having read the comments regarding some of the audience missing the start of the show at MGM and putting the blame on everybody else; significant research has been undertaken with many sleepless nights to find a solution.

Having run the first few trials there appears to a consistent solution appearing.

Get there earlier!