PDA

View Full Version : Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

sodascouts
01-16-2016, 11:56 PM
I don't listen to the radio much. I hope it's getting play!

jms18222
02-16-2016, 05:03 PM
I never read this story before. If it has already been posted previously...sorry but I sorely needed a happy moment. I find it interesting so understand how an album comes together...a box of rice...who knew!

http://www.mixonline.com/news/profiles/don-henley/426679

Brooke
02-19-2016, 02:53 PM
I never read this story before. If it has already been posted previously...sorry but I sorely needed a happy moment. I find it interesting so understand how an album comes together...a box of rice...who knew!

http://www.mixonline.com/news/profiles/don-henley/426679

Interesting, but way over my head! I guess Don is an 'analog man' too! Joe would be proud!

And this tidbit: "as well as new tracks like “Waiting Tables” (originally an Eagles candidate track)."

I'll have to listen to this again and see if I think the Eagles should have recorded it!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-19-2016, 03:43 PM
jms - I hope you don't mind, but since this article was exclusively about the making of Cass County, I moved your post over here.

Interesting, but way over my head! I guess Don is an 'analog man' too! Joe would be proud!

And great minds, Brooke! I thought exactly the same thing when I read that.

The article was long and had a lot of technical stuff that was way over my head, but it does show what an intricate process the making of songs can be. Very interesting!

shunlvswx
02-27-2016, 09:02 AM
Here's an interview from Don's touring guitarist, Chris Holt. He starts talking about Don around 35:40. He also bring something up that I can't wait to see later this year. The audio interview is after the second paragraph.

http://ketr.org/post/dallas-music-veteran-sets-sights-stars#stream/0

sodascouts
02-27-2016, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the link. Well, I guess that new tour leg is coming sooner rather than later. I wonder where Don will play this time?

shunlvswx
02-27-2016, 12:56 PM
We know Don usually have dates in the south. So I'm hoping for a New Orleans, Memphis, or Shreveport date. Maybe Atlanta. With me starting my new job next week, I can afford to go see him and maybe even stay a day.

Now if we can get Joe south instead of up north. LOL

I'm not going to miss this opportunity to see Don or Joe in concert like I did the Eagles. I'm still kicking myself I didn't get to see them.

sodascouts
02-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Well, if he comes around here, I'll see him with you!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-27-2016, 02:52 PM
I'm not going to miss this opportunity to see Don or Joe in concert like I did the Eagles. I'm still kicking myself I didn't get to see them.

I know how you feel, shun. Even though I got to see the Eagles quite a lot in the last decade, I will always regret that I never saw them in the 70's or during HFO. I guess it's just human nature for us to put things off and figure we'll get around to it some day. It's hard to accept when that 'some day' never comes - it definitely gives a new meaning to 'seize the moment'.

And thanks for posting that link. I hope Don will come somewhere convenient for me to see him this time around. I already have some trips planned for later this year, so it may be hard for me to travel too far to a show. But, I guess I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

shunlvswx
02-27-2016, 03:33 PM
Well, if he comes around here, I'll see him with you!

:grin: Sounds good, Soda.

IABAD. I always said I wish I was born in the 70s or grew up in the 70s. So many groups and singers I wish I saw when they were super popular. My mother wouldn't allow me to see any kind of groups and singers in the 90s. So I knew I couldn't go. Plus I was a teenager. I had so many opportunities to see them during the HOTE tour, but it couldn't happen.

I'm looking forward to this later in the year. I don't have any big trips plan this year. I usually go to Branson, MO in the fall. I'm skipping Branson this year and I'm going to start planning for it next year. Now that would open up a trip to see Don later in the year instead of choosing Branson over him like I did last year.

buffyfan145
02-27-2016, 05:18 PM
That's great it looks Don (and possibly Joe) are going back on tour. I hope I at least get to see one or the other or both. I too am sad I never got to see the Eagles and Glenn live, especially since my family almost did for one of their reunion concerts. We just couldn't afford it back then but I don't want to miss out anymore. But am grateful I got to see them on TV and all those clips on YT.

jms18222
02-27-2016, 05:33 PM
jms - I hope you don't mind, but since this article was exclusively about the making of Cass County, I moved your post over here.

And great minds, Brooke! I thought exactly the same thing when I read that.

The article was long and had a lot of technical stuff that was way over my head, but it does show what an intricate process the making of songs can be. Very interesting!

Oh that's ok, actually thought I posted it there. Most of this is way over my head too but I thought it was interesting to hear that he sang every song on this album live with the band. Does anybody do that anymore!