PDA

View Full Version : Bon Secours Wellness Arena, Greenville, SC - July 12, 2015

VAisForEagleLovers
07-12-2015, 08:40 PM
There's a guy who keeps tweeting that he's offended no one can use cellphones at the arena tonight. I'm dying to reply and ask if he's tweeting via mental telepathy? He apparently doesn't know hardly any of the songs, and is very derisive that all the fans are 'old'. I'm glad I'm not sitting beside of him.

AlreadyGone95
07-12-2015, 09:20 PM
If the show is that bad, why the heck would you stay? :eyebrow:.

I hate to go without my phone for even just a few minutes (I know, I'm addicted), but I'd easily give it up for several hours to seethe Eagles or any other band that I like who have that policy.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Now he's complaining that there's an intermission. Can you imagine being married to this man? :brickwall:

AlreadyGone95
07-12-2015, 09:29 PM
I can't even imagine dating a guy like him. I feel sorry for the people in the seats near him, if he's causing trouble by using his phone. Oh security....

shunlvswx
07-12-2015, 10:08 PM
He might had never been to an Eagles concert. The guys always do an intermission and its not even that long. Sounds like a newbie to me. Even though I've never seen the guys in concert (which I probably won't ever), I know they are strict with phones, camera, and videotaping

VAisForEagleLovers
07-12-2015, 11:59 PM
A couple nice tweets:

Just back from an Eagles concert...since 1971 these guys have been making great music and they still sound great, Henley/Frey American icons

Don Henley Glenn Fry Joe Walsh ...EAGLES music will live forever! Amazing concert #HotelCalifornia #desperado #Eagles #lifeinthefastlane

There were quite a few others, all saying they were amazing, great, etc. You know, 'the usual' for our guys!

secondchances
07-13-2015, 01:07 PM
The show last night was fantastic! I mentioned in another thread that I saw the show in Atlanta in 2013 and both my husband and I thought this one was even better. Obviously the venue was much smaller but that seemed like a good thing. The crowd was great, beyond a few like the aforementioned tweeter and the really drunk lady behind me who talked too much and spilled beer all over us. In Atlanta, both Glenn and Don were sick and they gave it their all but in comparison to last night it is now even more obvious that they didn't feel good in Atlanta. Last night all the guys were so animated and seemed to be having a great time. Like the truly good time which is infectious to the audience so we could feed off each other. As I am a big Glenn fan I kept my eyes on him more than the others and he was so much fun to watch! He danced a lot, told his usual jokes which were a big hit, but my 2 personal faves - when Timothy introduced him he did a James Brown imitation complete with a spin:partytime:and during his guitar duel with Joe he did this tongue thing (a la Gene Simmons) that was really funny. I absolutely love how invested he is in each song. Don did a very passable South Care-lina imitation at the beginning and more than once mentioned how grateful they all are for their fans and the fact that they are still around because of them - which I really appreciate. And of course, Joe and Tim were their usual awesome, too. We took our 2 sons (23 and 19) and they loved it as well and were amazed that guys who are "soooo old" can still rock like that:rockguitar:
All in all, I just got the feeling that becasue they know they are winding up they are making the most of it and having a good time. I am so grateful to have gotten another chance to see this show and hopefully some solo stuff will come from Glenn before it's all said and done, along with Don's new stuff. And maybe a Broadway musical, too!

TimFan222
07-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Just like Secondchances said, what a great audience we had last night!!! The audience was into it from the first moment until the last minute The guys seem tired but still give their usual great show.
I saw Timothy once looking around as if to savor the experience. I really hope they have another tour in them. I also think they have another album in them musically if they would just do it. But I am probably just dreaming....

A big shoutout to Keith and Wendy. Great seeing you again. Wish we lived closer. Hope to see you again soon!!!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-13-2015, 01:31 PM
Thank you for the reviews, TF222 and SecondChances! I'm glad you all had a great time. I have to wait a week before I see them again, and it'll be the longest week on record, I swear! At any rate, you both definitely have my anticipation levels high!!!!

Brooke
07-13-2015, 03:04 PM
Thank you for your reviews TF222 and sc! I'm glad you had a great time, but I knew you would! The Eagles are the best!

Keith
07-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Just like Secondchances said, what a great audience we had last night!!! The audience was into it from the first moment until the last minute The guys seem tired but still give their usual great show.
I saw Timothy once looking around as if to savor the experience. I really hope they have another tour in them. I also think they have another album in them musically if they would just do it. But I am probably just dreaming....

A big shoutout to Keith and Wendy. Great seeing you again. Wish we lived closer. Hope to see you again soon!!!!!!!
Thanks Bettie! We had a large time with you and David. Maybe you two won't be able to resist the upcoming Henley tour and we can hang out some more.:thumbsup:
The break seemed to do a lot of good for the band. They appeared more energized.
Don changed his opening discussion a little from what I have heard in the past. He stated how Bud, the owner of the first practice location, would drink a 12 pack and would state how good the band sounded. Don said, "Of course anything sounds good after 12 beers." To which Glenn said, "So, drink up ladies and gentlemen!:laugh:
A great performance. Nothing less than what we have grown to expect from this band.

cynd1231
07-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Great feedback, ladies. Every time I realize they've ticked off one more show on this leg my heart skips to think it's all winding down. We saw them in Sioux Falls last month and it was fantastic. And we were suppose to go to Dayton but gave our tickets to my niece and her hubby because of my impending hand surgery. (It was suppose to happen a few weeks ago but the surgeon was called out of town for a family emergency and now I'm waiting for the reschedule date.) I'm so glad I got to Omaha last September and that we managed Sioux Falls but my heart is breaking to realize it may likely be coming to an end.

secondchances
07-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Keith, your comment about Timothy seeming to look around and savor the experience was exactly what I saw, but it seemed to be happening with each of them, imo. Almost as if they were savoring the experience as much as we in the audience were. Made me sad and happy all at the same time:dizzy: And I agree that they definitely have more songs in them - just don't know if they are willing to invest that much of themselves at this point. I guess we can only hope!

Keith
07-14-2015, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the review, Secondchances. Glad your family enjoyed the show. I hope to see Don and Glenn solo shows as well. :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-14-2015, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the reviews, all! I'm right with all of you, my heart breaking that the tour is coming to an end. It's an awesome show, and it showcases the things the things they do best. I know it's not effortless, but they sure make it look effortless to put on such a high quality show night after night.

TimFan222
07-14-2015, 09:12 AM
There was a guy on my flight back to St. Louis complaining about the show. He said he enjoyed the first four songs but then was bored. What an idiot!!!! It was all I could do to bite my tongue and realize not everyone is as smart and enlightened as Border members☺️☺️☺️

Keith
07-14-2015, 12:16 PM
There was a guy on my flight back to St. Louis complaining about the show. He said he enjoyed the first four songs but then was bored. What an idiot!!!! It was all I could do to bite my tongue and realize not everyone is as smart and enlightened as Border members☺️☺️☺️
Bored?:headscratch: Did he just happen to be in the area, or did he fly in specifically for the show? Maybe he just likes to hear himself talk.

GlennLover
07-14-2015, 01:38 PM
Why would he go if he thought that their music was boring. The first 3 songs are the slower ones! I can't believe that he had never heard their music before going to the concert. :shrug:

Glennsallnighter
07-14-2015, 05:33 PM
What a waste of a ticket!!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-15-2015, 07:07 PM
Well - all I can say about 'bored' is it made me feel warn and fuzzy and energized just reading this thread with all of your enthusiastic comments and thank all of you for that! I'm with GA - too bad "bored" didn't give that ticket to someone who may have been more inspired and appreciative. Wonder what he was expecting? :headscratch: :confused:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Some pictures from this show:

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/greenville%20sc/Don%20Glenn_zpsri953hwr.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/greenville%20sc/Don%20Glenn2_zps1bbyvals.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/greenville%20sc/glenn_zpskahqkioj.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/greenville%20sc/bernie_zps6r71h8fb.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/greenville%20sc/bernie%20don%20glenn_zpslv0hrcwy.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
07-19-2015, 12:06 PM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/greenville%20sc/timmy_zpsclncfsrw.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/greenville%20sc/tim%20bernie_zpsyawjzsxg.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/greenville%20sc/tim%20bernie%20don%20glenn_zps3iz97abx.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/greenville%20sc/don%20tim%20bernie%20glenn_zpsdmlajltv.jpg

Ive always been a dreamer
07-19-2015, 12:16 PM
OMG - Those are amazing. Gorgeous pictures from two shows in one day - I think my monitor is overheating! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-19-2015, 12:20 PM
It's not my monitor that's overheating! :wink:

Brooke
07-20-2015, 09:16 AM
You two are so funny! :lol:

Fabulous pictures! I love Don's blue plaid shirt! All of them look wonderful!