PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA - 7/13/15

VAisForEagleLovers
07-13-2015, 11:10 PM
A picture! Far away and hard to see, but we take what we can get...

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/charlottesville/1_zpslqpflhdb.jpg

cynd1231
07-14-2015, 12:56 AM
A few pictures from tonight in the Charlottesville paper.
http://www.dailyprogress.com/gallery/the-eagles-perform-at-the-john-paul-jones-arena/collection_0e42b020-29ce-11e5-8863-0f9562216a6c.html

AlreadyGone95
07-14-2015, 01:08 AM
A blurry photo is better than no photos at all, imo. It looks like that one was taken later in the set because it doesn't look like Glenn is wearing his now signature blue overshirt.

Cool press photos. I'll post the one of Glenn in Frey Fever :).

sodascouts
07-14-2015, 02:06 AM
Hello! Dreamer, HB, and I are back in Richmond after a great show! They sounded great; their performance was enthusiastic; they looked good as well. I especially liked Don's hair and beard.

Regarding that - Fashion report, for those who are interested: you can see what they were wearing for the first half in the above photo; for the second half, Glenn changes into a peach overshirt; Joe changed into a black shirt with a red swirly design on it; Tim changed into a long-sleeved white shirt.

Everyone sounded good - I noticed no mistakes and indeed, they were better than in Austin.

Their chatter was a bit briefer than usual - maybe time was short? We didn't get much of an intro to "The Long Run" or "Heartache Tonight". However, they made a joke I hadn't heard before after "Saturday Night." I'd like to type it here, but Dreamer's laptop is giving me hell and I seriously cannot type even one sentence without it messing up. I'll let her do the rest!

Actually, she says that it's late so we'll just post tomorrow... sorry to keep you in suspense!

UndertheWire
07-14-2015, 05:56 AM
A few pictures from tonight in the Charlottesville paper.
http://www.dailyprogress.com/gallery/the-eagles-perform-at-the-john-paul-jones-arena/collection_0e42b020-29ce-11e5-8863-0f9562216a6c.html
Caption under the first photo:
"The Eagles return to John Paul Jones arena on their 2015 concert tour with Don Henley taking the lead."

I look forward to reading all about it later today.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-14-2015, 06:50 AM
From the Richmond newspaper

http://www.richmond.com/entertainment/music/article_32ab4ef8-29de-11e5-bc22-8718b4024c48.html

DivineDon
07-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Caption under the first photo:
"The Eagles return to John Paul Jones arena on their 2015 concert tour with Don Henley taking the lead."

I look forward to reading all about it later today.

Yikes, how do these people get these jobs?????

NightMistBlue
07-14-2015, 10:30 AM
You didn't like the review? I thought it was very measured.

DivineDon
07-14-2015, 11:13 AM
You didn't like the review? I thought it was very measured.

No, the review was fine - I saw a picture of Glenn Frey with the caption '...Don Henley taking the lead...' you'd think someone there would know the difference!

AlreadyGone95
07-14-2015, 11:58 AM
I didn't even notice that glaring mistake until now lol. According to them, I posted a photo of Don in the Glenn photo thread :lol:.

Nice review by the Richmond Paper. I'm eagerly awaiting the Borderers' full reviews. :)

sodascouts
07-14-2015, 11:21 PM
I'm afraid we'll have to beg your patience a while longer - we're worn out tonight!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Another review!

http://www.dailyprogress.com/entertainment/concert-review-history-of-the-eagles-at-john-paul-jones/article_491b6fb6-2a69-11e5-b35c-87ef7cc88ed6.html

Ive always been a dreamer
07-15-2015, 08:20 PM
Well - now that I've seen Soda and Houston Baby back to Texas, I've had a few minutes to do some catching up here. First of all though, it was such fun spending some time together with them again and we had a wonderful few days. We got in a bunch of sightseeing and were going almost non-stop for their entire visit. Heck - I must have put almost a thousand miles on my car, but not a problem since I enjoy driving. Most importantly, us girls had a great time and were entertained, ya know.

Now, enough about us cause what's really the most important is the show on Monday night. It was, of course, brilliant. The crowd was really into the show from the beginning and never let up the entire night. And neither did the band. They were really on, and, as VA said in another thread, made what must be a grueling and exhausting three hours seem totally effortless.

I love the part Don has added to the "Bud" story at the beginning about how Bud would drink beer and tell them how good they sounded and Glenn chimes in "drink up ladies and gentlemen". Soda mentioned that they weren't quite as talkative - Don didn't say anything much at all before The Long Run where he usually comments about the song being recorded in Miami (or at least, that's what he's told) and how they were told they wouldn't last. I missed hearing that. Glenn didn't do the part about how the Beach Boys were pioneers and the Eagles were just settlers before Heartache Tonight. I didn't miss that though cause I personally respectfully disagree with that line. Anyway, those were the only two noticeable changes from the Austin show to me.

We had met a really nice family at the VIP reception - a mom, dad, and their preteen son. Mom and son had bought the tickets as a Father's Day gift for Dad. I was kidding around a lot with the young kid and telling him how lucky he was to be there and if he managed to get anything from the band that I was going to take him down and wrestle them away from him. They were lots of fun to chat with and the son has been to lots of concerts and passionately loves music. Anyway, at the end of the show, I saw Don go over and get a set of drumsticks and I was hoping they were for him. Sure enough, they were - Don walked to the foot of the stage and motioned for him to come get them. Everyone around in our section gave a big round of applause. You could just see the kid beaming. As we were leaving, I teased him again and pretended like I was going to keep my earlier promise to take him down. We all chatted some more before we departed and it was so awesome seeing how happy Don had made that kid. These are the kinds of things you just love to see.

I don't even know how many HotE shows I've seen now, but I still am nowhere near ready for it to end. It really is bittersweet watching the show and thinking this incredible tour may be soon coming to an end. I just keep clinging to the hope that they may rethink this after a break.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-15-2015, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the review, Dreamer!

I forgot to mention this, I saw a tweet after this concert from one young fan to Naill Horan (One Direction) that they were at the Eagles concert, and that the Eagles played for over three hours. Then she asked him why he didn't do that. Not sure why I found that highly amusing.

AlreadyGone95
07-15-2015, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the review, Dreamer!

I forgot to mention this, I saw a tweet after this concert from one young fan to Naill Horan (One Direction) that they were at the Eagles concert, and that the Eagles played for over three hours. Then she asked him why he didn't do that. Not sure why I found that highly amusing.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Eagles can play longer than guys less than 1/3 or their age? Lol

I enjoyed reading your review, Dreamer. Sounds like ya'll had a blast and then some! :)

sodascouts
07-16-2015, 02:27 PM
It was a delight staying with you Dreamer - thanks for being our hostess!

I want to add the that Charlottesville crowd was the best one I have been a part of at an Eagles show in a long time. They were INTO IT.

Brooke
07-16-2015, 02:56 PM
Thanks for your review, dreamer! Cute story about the kid and the drumsticks!

Glennsallnighter
07-16-2015, 06:28 PM
What a sweet review dreamer! I'd have loved to have been there but it wasn't to be. I'm delighted that you had a great time once again. Are the VIP gifts still the same as we got last year?

I must say I can relate to how that kid felt having been on the receiving end of some drumsticks from Scott Crago last year.

Houston Baby
07-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Are the VIP gifts still the same as we got last year?

GA - the gifts are different including the EAGLES bag that we received. The canvas bag has leather (or leather like handles) with the EAGLES name in a pretty blue/turqoise. There is also a leather key ring, a journal/notebook, a pen and pencil set in a tin, and a leather wallet/card holder. This is what I can remember at the moment. The front row also received a black hoodie.

The gifts are very nice this time. We were all very pleased. :thumbsup:

Brooke
07-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Sounds nice! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-20-2015, 11:30 AM
The VIP gifts were much nicer this time. I am glad I sprung for VIP. I hadn't done so in a couple of years, so it was especially a treat for me to be in those first three rows once again. (I go to so many shows that it's not financially viable for me to do it regularly - I envy those who can! - but I treat myself every once in a while.)

I just wanted to add that this since this was my last show of the HotE tour, I got to thinking about how much I love this band and how privileged I feel to be able to hear them live even though I became a fan so late in their careers. My heart was just full as I listened to them and watched them perform. I really hope this isn't the last we'll see of them. Of course, I'll be enjoying Don's new album soon and see him perform again in a few months, but who knows about Glenn and the rest. It will be a challenge for them to better this most epic of tours, which sits at the very top in terms of setlist IMHO, not to mention the addition of Bernie. I cherish the fact that I got to see so many shows - 9 total - before they were through.

So, to sum up...

I FREAKING LOVE THE EAGLES!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Honestly, Soda, I hadn't noticed. :D

We all know Don is releasing an album and touring. Joe is working on music for documentaries. I'm hoping that Glenn and Tim are working on new music as well, wouldn't that be great?

sodascouts
07-20-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm desperately hoping that's the case.

GlennLover
07-21-2015, 09:13 AM
I FREAKING LOVE THE EAGLES!!!!
[/QUOTE]

ME TOO!