PDA

View Full Version : The XL Center, Hartford, CT - July 15, 2015

VAisForEagleLovers
07-15-2015, 11:23 PM
Thought I'd start this thread. So far, besides the 'best concert ever' tweets at the intermission, all I've really seen is a comment that the scent of pot is pretty strong.

cynd1231
07-16-2015, 12:32 AM
POT? But this is an EAGLES concert, not Aerosmith!

AlreadyGone95
07-16-2015, 02:32 AM
On this board, when I read the word "pot", I don't think of the drug. I think of the Party of Two tours. Lol.

I can't see how people could be getting high and not get caught. I've oy been around someone smoking pot once, and I don't remember the smell much.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-16-2015, 07:19 AM
A review!

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/07/concert_review_the_eagles_make.html?hootPostID=84b 75030bbc5ab73851be75256d9f18d

maryc2130
07-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Nice review. I was really sad that I couldn't get there, and most likely won't see the guys this summer. Sounds like it was a good show. I have to console myself with the fact that I've seen them twice on this tour, and hopefully will be able to catch Mr. Henley on his new album tour!

cynd1231
07-16-2015, 07:36 PM
"...the final lap..."

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-16-2015, 10:08 PM
"...the final lap..."

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know! He's said this at nearly every show on these last two tour legs... They are better than they were two years ago, it doesn't seem right to stop now!

flojo
07-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone, I will post something about this but right now I'm still hungover and travelling home. It's all HH and Zanny's faults...

VAisForEagleLovers
07-17-2015, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone, I will post something about this but right now I'm still hungover and travelling home. It's all HH and Zanny's faults...

A sure sign of a good time!

boston steve
07-19-2015, 12:40 PM
I went to this show- had great seats and actually got one of Glenn's picks! Another great show
As I watched the concert at one point, while he was talking,I noticed Glen's hand look like it was trembling for a few seconds. He calmly grabbed it with the other hand and the trembling stopped. Has anyone noticed anything like this?

Ive always been a dreamer
07-19-2015, 12:50 PM
I hadn't noticed, Steve. Glenn has rheumatoid arthritis so I wonder if the medication he takes causes the tremors? That's also why he wears the wrist bands.

Anyhow, glad you enjoyed the show and lucky you for scoring a pick!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Very true, Dreamer. If he's taking steroids to avoid or deal with a flare-up, that would cause tremors. I thought I saw something similar in Raleigh back in early 2014, but I was so sick I couldn't tell if it was me or him!

secondchances
07-19-2015, 01:47 PM
My husband noticed the tremors in Atlanta. I thought he may have been imagining it but I guess not if others have seen it, as well. I have them too from medication so that may very well be the cause. Glenn sure seems happy and healthy otherwise:thumbsup:

Roey
07-19-2015, 09:48 PM
My husband also commented on Glenn's shaking at the AC concert. That is what brought my attention to the white cuffs on his wrists. It didn't impact his enthusiasm or performance at all.

boston steve
07-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Well hopefully whatever it may be it is nothing too serious. As was said, it certainly does not effect his playing or enthusiasm.

NYC Fan
07-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Steve:

I was at the Hartford show, and noticed the same thing with Glenn's hands. I thought it might be a tic or something, but perhaps not. I hope everything is well with him.

I went to the show with a friend who had never see the Eagles before and he absolutely loved it. We picked up fantastic side seats at the box office around 4:30 PM on the day of the show. 1st section in front of the stage (Timothy's side), front row of the section, about even with the third row on the floor. What great luck.

As others have said, these final lap shows are bittersweet, because I have loved this tour so much. I much prefer this format to the one they had been previously touring with, which included too much of the solo work for my tastes. That was part of the reason I had not seen them in about 10 years, prior to the HOTE tour.

I particularly love the first half of the show, and to revisit those songs for what may be one last time made me so happy. The Doolin' Dalton/Desperado Reprise continues to be a highlight, and Take it to The Limit was especially poignant, given all that I've been reading about Randy lately.

I stuck around after the final bows (my friend had to leave as Desperado ended) when Glenn walked over out our side of the stage, and while I know it was probably not for me but it sure felt like it, Glenn looked right toward my direction and said Thank You. I said thank you back, and although I'm sure he did not see it, it couldn't have been a more perfect ending to the tour for me.

I must say thank you to all of the guys for this wonderful, beautiful tour. How grateful I am that I got to see multiple shows over the last 2 years and be able to revisit these songs that meant so much to me growing up. I've said it before, but it was a huge gift to the fans, and how very lucky are we?

I do hope that this was not the end of the road for the band, but if it is, they certainly went out in a blaze of glory, IMHO.

Brooke
07-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Glad you got to go NYC! I guess we'll find out sooner or later if they plan to do any more tours...I hope so.

07-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Wow - NYC your heartfelt review had me all choked up especially since I was hoping to score some good seats for the Lexington show tonight. I probably could have gotten some decent tickets at the box office today, but I wanted a sure thing if I was going to drive for 10 hours.

Anyway, I'm glad it worked out for you to see this show. I wish we could have hooked up for a show on this last leg of the tour, but we'll just have to wait a little longer to see what the band's future plans are. I'm glad you got to go with a friend who hadn't seen them before. That is always such fun.

NYC Fan
07-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Brooke and Dreamer- Thanks! It was a fantastic show.

And here's hoping that they do tour again. I'd hate to think I have seen them together for the last time :-(

Dreamer, I totally understand about not wanting to drive all that way without tickets. I was on my way to a business meeting in VT, so I decided to take a chance and stop in Hartford, and convinced my friend to drive over from Boston. He was wary about driving with no tickets (but it's only 2 1/2 hours), but he really wanted to see this tour, and knows my track record getting tickets the day of shows :-) So faith was rewarded, and we had a grand time.

Hopefully we will meet up again at a show in the future! Maybe at a Don show in NY? It was fun meeting you and other Borderers at the MSG and DC shows this tour.

07-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Well NYC - As you probably know, I have actually traveled some pretty long distances without a ticket (most recently Austin) and, like you, it usually works out pretty well for me. But, quite honestly, my work schedule is wretched right now, so it is just making it a little more difficult to get away. I agree that maybe we can hook up for a Cass County show. :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
07-27-2015, 03:37 AM
I went to this show- had great seats and actually got one of Glenn's picks! Another great show
As I watched the concert at one point, while he was talking,I noticed Glen's hand look like it was trembling for a few seconds. He calmly grabbed it with the other hand and the trembling stopped. Has anyone noticed anything like this?

So glad that you managed to get a pick Steve, kinda finishes off a great night, doesn't it?

VAisForEagleLovers
07-27-2015, 08:28 AM
Since this has been covered here, I will say I paid attention the last two concerts I went to, and there was no shaking. It was such a chore to stare at him for three hours on two different nights, but I'm willing to put in such research for everyone here. :hilarious:

Houston Baby
07-27-2015, 01:48 PM
You're so good and considerate to us VA! :) I know it was tough but we appreciate it! :hilarious:

Didn't his hair look fantastic Saturday? :smitten:

WalshFan88
07-28-2015, 07:52 PM
TIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEtanWhL1tU

AG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGjBsNkv36I

GlennLover
07-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Since this has been covered here, I will say I paid attention the last two concerts I went to, and there was no shaking. It was such a chore to stare at him for three hours on two different nights, but I'm willing to put in such research for everyone here. :hilarious:

So happy to hear that, VA! Thanks for letting us kno.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Hey, whatever I can do for the team. :hilarious:

GlennLover
07-30-2015, 12:44 PM
TIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEtanWhL1tU

AG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGjBsNkv36I

When I was playing the Already Gone clip I noticed that what followed it on YouTube was a video/audio of their May 25, 2014 concert in Antwerp, Belgium. I hadn't seen it before & a quick search didn't bring up a review thread for the concert so I thought that I would mention it here. I said "video/audio" as much of the concert is audio only. I haven't had a change to view the entire video, but with what I watched & then fast forwarded through it appears that it is most of, if not all of, the concert.

My apologies if there is a thread for this concert that I missed & maybe a moderator could move it there if one exists.

Her is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12uurimt9OU