PDA

View Full Version : Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan - July 24th, 2015

AlreadyGone95
07-25-2015, 12:56 PM
A review I found searching on Google.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2015/07/the_eagles_take_glenn_freys_ho.html?utm_source=fee d

No mention of Bob Seger, though Glenn did give a shout out to his home town, he thanked it for giving him his work ethic.

shunlvswx
07-25-2015, 01:06 PM
Bob posted a picture of him and Don backstage on his Facebook page. Cute. Don is now clean shaving. Don just don't know what to do. Keep beard or be clean shaving.

AlreadyGone95
07-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Bob posted a picture of him and Don backstage on his Facebook page. Cute. Don is now clean shaving. Don just don't know what to do. Keep beard or be clean shaving.
Oh, I haven't had a chance to look on Facebook. Personally, I like the beard, but I think that I'm in the minority here. :lol:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-25-2015, 02:39 PM
I had the opportunity to exchange messages with a friend who went to this concert. Here's what they had to say:

It was one of the best shows we've ever seen. The crowd was really enthusiastic and our boys nailed it!

Glennsallnighter
07-25-2015, 03:05 PM
Thats brilliant! Soda and I were looking at at the review and the pics on FB earlier today. Sounds like a fantastic show. I hope its not the end of the road for our boys! I want to see them again

shunlvswx
07-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Thats brilliant! Soda and I were looking at at the review and the pics on FB earlier today. Sounds like a fantastic show. I hope its not the end of the road for our boys! I want to see them again

I don't think this is the end. They will take a break, do a few solo stuff and Don's CD finally coming out with his album in September and his tour in October. Probably the next time we will see all of them together will be in December for the KCH.

I hope its not the last because I still need to see them.

The pictures were great. I love how the writer gives his opinion about each song.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the link to that review, AG. Another great show, of course! I wonder if Glenn told his 'mother is half a word' and Ted Nugent jokes?

AlreadyGone95
07-25-2015, 07:20 PM
You're welcome Dreamer.

Here are some photos of the show:
http://media.theoaklandpress.com/2015/07/25/photos-the-eagles-at-joe-louis-arena-detroit-7-24-15/#1

jms18222
07-25-2015, 08:24 PM

I don't know...lose the beard & smile perhaps. Smiles are nice!

Freypower
07-25-2015, 09:25 PM
The photos are OK but how I wish, if Glenn isn't going to ever wear a different shirt, he would at least change his facial expression. He looks the same in every single photo.

shunlvswx
07-25-2015, 09:46 PM
I always wonder if the guys have 5 or 6 same color shirts or they go to the dry cleaners everyday. Those shirts Don and Glenn must be their favorite color. I know my favorite group would wear the same clothes, but I would guess they have 5 or 6 sets of clothing.

I wonder if other artists to do that. They probably do.

Freypower
07-25-2015, 10:02 PM
But at least in these photos Don looks slightly different in each one. Glenn just looks the same. He closes his eyes, he tilts his head back (and yes, I love it when he does that, most of the time) or he looks at the guitar. I used to save so many photos. No longer. The rigid wardrobe doesn't help but I've become resigned to that.

cynd1231
07-26-2015, 09:22 AM
I always wonder if the guys have 5 or 6 same color shirts or they go to the dry cleaners everyday. Those shirts Don and Glenn must be their favorite color. I know my favorite group would wear the same clothes, but I would guess they have 5 or 6 sets of clothing.
I wonder if other artists to do that. They probably do.

Shun, my guess would be they have multiples of their favorite shirts but they also have 'wardrobe' people on the crew who are in charge of their laundry. You can bet THEY probably have some stories to tell, lol! Can you imagine being responsible for Don's tighty-whities?

Ive always been a dreamer
07-26-2015, 11:49 AM
Well - I've already volunteered to be the 'seamstress for the band' so I don't suppose it would be any problem to be the laundress as well. :grin:

Keith
07-26-2015, 12:31 PM
Shun, my guess would be they have multiples of their favorite shirts but they also have 'wardrobe' people on the crew who are in charge of their laundry. You can bet THEY probably have some stories to tell, lol! Can you imagine being responsible for Don's tighty-whities?
:hilarious: Too Funny! As a straight guy, let me give my perspective. I have multiples of the same shirt. For the redneck perspective, say, "If it ain't broke don't fix it." From the foreign genius perspective, consider Einstein, who had several copies of the same suit, so that he wouldn't waste mental energy deciding what to wear.:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Another review! Just now going through Google alerts from the weekend.

http://www.macombdaily.com/arts-and-entertainment/20150725/review-the-eagles-history-flies-high-at-joe-louis-arena

VAisForEagleLovers
07-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Additional photos:

http://photos.metrotimes.com/15-photos-of-the-eagles-performing-at-the-joe-louis-arena/#1

Freypower
07-27-2015, 06:53 PM
OK, despite my comments above one of that last batch was worth the wait. Thanks VA.