PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Song Survivor: One of These Nights

Ive always been a dreamer
07-27-2015, 08:01 PM
Time for our next Song Survivor! Our album for this game is One of These Nights. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7).

I'm going to list all the songs on this album. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you think should GO, not the one you think should stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember... it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Once the board clock strikes 8:00 pm Eastern on the second day, no more votes will be counted for that round - even if it's only seconds after. Your votes also cannot be changed once you have voted, even if you change your mind or make a mistake. Once it's on the record, that's it - so be careful!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared. The exception is the last round. If the tiebreaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

Game Over!

The winner is

One of These Nights

Songs Eliminated:
I Wish You Peace 7/29
Journey of the Sorcerer 7/31
Visions 8/02
Too Many Hands 8/04
Hollywood Waltz 8/06
After the Thrill Is Gone 8/08
Take It to the Limit 8/10
Lyin' Eyes 8/12

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game.

Freypower
07-27-2015, 08:31 PM
Easy start for me - I Wish You Peace

AlreadyGone95
07-27-2015, 08:44 PM
One of These Nights is my second favorite Eagles album, and I at least "like" all of the songs on it. That being said, I have a standout least favorite song, so this round I vote for I Wish You Peace

Now comes the challenge of ranking the remaining songs!

WalshFan88
07-27-2015, 08:45 PM
I Wish You Peace

SoaringRockyMountainWay
07-27-2015, 08:55 PM
I also gotta go with I Wish You Peace

UndertheWire
07-28-2015, 04:35 AM
I like "I Wish You Peace". It's a simple song, sung beautifully and Bernie's swansong.

For me, the clunker of the album is Visions and that's where my vote goes.

NOLA
07-28-2015, 06:32 AM
My vote goes to "Journey of the Sorcerer."

IMHO, it sounds so out of place on the album. The Eagles never struck me as an instrumental band. Their trademark vocal harmonies are the strongest musical point throughout their catalog.

L101
07-28-2015, 07:42 AM
My vote goes for Visions - its a good song until the singing starts!!

UndertheWire
07-28-2015, 07:47 AM
I love the oddity of Journey of the Sorcerer. I wasn't so keen at first, but later on, when it was used as the theme for the radio* version of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it grew on me.

*It's only the radio show that used the original Eagles track. For the tv show, the cheapskate BBC recorded a cover, presumably so they didn't have to negotiate synchronisation rights with the band. And then a third recording was used for the movie. Bernie must receive songwriter royalties from all these versions.

GlennLover
07-28-2015, 09:03 AM
I vote Journey of the Sorcerer. I find it out of place too & I find it too lengthy. I probably would enjoy an abridged version.

scottside
07-28-2015, 09:03 AM
I vote for "Journey Of The Sorcerer."

DivineDon
07-28-2015, 10:38 AM
I vote for I wish you peace - it just seems so weak IMO

AlreadyGone95
07-28-2015, 12:22 PM
I really like Journey of the Sorcerer. It's different and unique. While I love the Eagles' beautiful harmonies, Journey of the Sorcerer is one cool instrumental song, imo.

Funk 50
07-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Visions. I can't find anything to like about Visions. All the other tracks have, at least, a couple of redeeming features.

thelastresort
07-28-2015, 01:30 PM
I'm more certain than any other Survivor I've partaken in that I know what the final two songs standing will be (coincidentally I've always thought that by quite a long way the OOTN album has the biggest gulf in quality between the three singles and the rest of the album).

I vote for Too Many Hands.

chaim
07-28-2015, 01:38 PM
Hollywood Waltz, although it's not that I hate it. It's a nice song, but it drags too much, I think.

Visions has the worst Eagles guitar riff, but otherwise it's a nice song. I'm not a big fan of After The Thrill Is Gone either. Don's chorus reminds me too much of the "Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy" melody/chords. I Wish You Peace doesn't work as an Eagles song, but I love it.

But yeah, if I have to pick one song, it's Hollywood Waltz.

all eagles
07-28-2015, 01:51 PM
I wish you peace

Jonny Come Lately
07-28-2015, 02:23 PM
My vote goes to I Wish You Peace. It's pleasant enough and the sentiment is very nice but as an Eagles song I think that it's one of their weakest. I feel that the song is slightly overproduced, and the strings were unnecessary here (where the strings on Take It To The Limit make that song more powerful, on IWYP I feel they make it a bit sappy). Bernie's guitar solo is good but it needed to be highlighted more, I think it gets overwhelmed by the strings and keyboard parts. If the song was performed as an stripped-back acoustic guitar song (like Most Of Us Are Sad) I would probably like it a fair bit more. I have to be honest here and say that sometimes I stop this album once After The Thrill Is Gone ends.

I can sympathise with tlr's comments - I personally find I can split this album into three groups of three songs. To me there are the three singles, all of which are extremely strong Eagles songs and fully deserve the praise they get, there are another three songs which I like a lot and I consider to be underrated, and the final three I find a bit 'meh' and are among the Eagles songs I play least often. I do like this album quite a lot as a whole, but I myself don't think it's as good as Desperado or Hotel California.

Brooke
07-28-2015, 03:45 PM
No question for me here, Journey of the Sorcerer.

I prefer to hear the guys beautiful harmonies. I've never cared much for instrumentals.

UK TimFan
07-28-2015, 04:26 PM
I vote for 'Visions'.

Desperada
07-28-2015, 05:16 PM
I wish you peace

shunlvswx
07-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Their are two songs I want to get rid of, but I'm going to go with the one I want off first.

I vote for I Wish You Peace.

NightMistBlue
07-29-2015, 10:59 AM
Visions. I can't find anything to like about Visions.

Not even the group vocals (can't call them background 'cause they're up front, kind of doing a call-and-response with the lead vocal)? They're so much fun. Glenn's voice makes me smile; he sounds like he's having a blast.

Funk 50
07-29-2015, 02:34 PM
Interesting perspective NightMistBlue :eyebrow:

I can't believe the guys were having fun, trying to get an acceptable lead vocal out of Felder, for a below par Eagles song. I'm sure the guide vocals would have been better than Felder's attempts and the final group vocal is just a cloak to hide Felder's, not up to Eagles scratch, lead vocal.

Hotel California and The Long Run really benefited when Henley took over the lead vocals that Felder was meant to sing. (Victim Of Love and Those Shoes)

Glennsallnighter
07-29-2015, 06:03 PM
I Wish You Peace

zeldabjr
07-29-2015, 06:08 PM
I have to vote for Journey of the Sorcerer...although I like this...any song where I don't hear their voices has to go first!!

Freypower
07-29-2015, 06:38 PM
Not even the group vocals (can't call them background 'cause they're up front, kind of doing a call-and-response with the lead vocal)? They're so much fun. Glenn's voice makes me smile; he sounds like he's having a blast.

I agree with this; as a Glenn fan at least I can listen to this part. ('The boy didn't love you anyhow')!

07-29-2015, 07:51 PM
My least favorite off of this album is JOTS. I agree it is too long and repetitive. However, since IWYP is going down this round, I am going to vote strategically ...

I cast my vote for Too Many Hands.

07-29-2015, 08:04 PM
The first song to be eliminated in the One of These Nights Survivor is I Wish You Peace. “I Wish You Peace, the tribe has spoken and I wish I had some kind words for you when times are sad, but that’s not the way we roll. I do wish you the strength to let love go because you must please leave the island immediately.

Votes
I Wish You Peace – 10
Journey of the Sorcerer – 5
Visions – 4
Too Many Hands – 2
Hollywood Waltz – 1

Vote Breakdown
I Wish You Peace – Freypower
I Wish You Peace – AlreadyGone95
I Wish You Peace – WalshFan88
I Wish You Peace – SoaringRockyMountainWay
I Wish You Peace– DevineDon
I Wish You Peace – all eagles
I Wish You Peace – Jonny Come Lately
I Wish You Peace – Desperada
I Wish You Peace – shunlvswx
I Wish You Peace – Glennsallnighter
Journey of the Sorcerer – NOLA
Journey of the Sorcerer – GlennLover
Journey of the Sorcerer – scottside
Journey of the Sorcerer – Brooke
Journey of the Sorcerer – zeldabjr
Visions – UndertheWire
Visions – Lacken101
Visions – Funk 50
Visions – UK TimFan
Too Many Hands – thelastresort
Too Many Hands – Ive always been a dreamer
Hollywood Waltz – chaim

Performances remaining:
One of These Nights
Too Many Hands
Hollywood Waltz
Journey of the Sorcerer
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit
Visions
After the Thrill Is Gone

Performances eliminated:
I Wish You Peace 7/29

Voting for Round Two begins now.

Freypower
07-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Visions

WalshFan88
07-29-2015, 09:25 PM
Journey Of The Sorcerer

I think it's too early for Visions to go. I love Felder's voice and wished he sang more than he did.

AlreadyGone95
07-29-2015, 09:36 PM
I think that I'm going to wait a bit to cast my vote. It seems that either Visions or JOTS will be going down this round. Both are in the middle of my list from favorite to least favorite. I want to wait and see if the voting will go in either direction, and if it might be better to vote strategically for one of the songs that is lower on my list.

NOLA
07-30-2015, 12:18 AM
Casting another vote for "Journey of the Sorcerer."

Austin, I agree with you on "Visions." IMHO, Don F. has received a bad rap regarding his voice. He sounds great, too, on "Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride)."

Jonny Come Lately
07-30-2015, 03:31 AM
I have to say I like Journey of the Sorcerer quite a lot and there are two songs I'd like to see go before it. Although the Eagles' vocals are great I feel there is more to their music than just this and I think the song is very creative and unique, and not just for the Eagles. JOTS was such a different way to use the banjo and I've always enjoyed it, especially the last couple of minutes or so.

Therefore I have to go with Visions. I actually like this song a little, I don't skip it when listening to the full album. I agree with the people who think it's enjoyable, it is not great lyrically but as a fun rocker I don't think this is a problem (IMO it's not a world away from Chug All Night). Felder's lead vocals aren't brilliant but are fine on a song like this and the backing vocals are good. The main guitar riff is also not Felder's best but I do like the licks at the end of the song. However, these limitations do mean Visions seems substantially weaker to me than most of the other songs on the album. I certainly prefer it to IWYP but I think it is the least convincing of the songs left in the game.

WalshFan88
07-30-2015, 04:12 AM
Austin, I agree with you on "Visions." IMHO, Don F. has received a bad rap regarding his voice. He sounds great, too, on "Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride)."

Absolutely. I think he could hold his own in the voice department.

UndertheWire
07-30-2015, 05:45 AM
I vote for Visions. I don't mind the guitar riffs, but the song isn't very good - it makes "Chug All Night" seem like a lyrical masterpiece.

L101
07-30-2015, 08:38 AM
I vote for Visions. I don't mind the guitar riffs, but the song isn't very good - it makes "Chug All Night" seem like a lyrical masterpiece. So true :grin:

I vote for Visions

scottside
07-30-2015, 09:15 AM
I vote for "Journey Of The Sorcerer" again.

Brooke
07-30-2015, 10:07 AM
Journey of the Sorcerer

shunlvswx
07-30-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm voting for Journey Of The Sorcerer.

I'm not really into instrumental songs. Heck I even skip the instrumental songs on the Tommy album.

Fleurette767
07-30-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm casting my vote for Visions in hopes of saving Journey of the Sorcerer.

Bernie had total Banjo commitment. Banjo soloing on that sort of track with those dramatic strings? :hilarious: Very clever and IMO, well executed (except maybe I'd prefer the banjo higher in the mix).

Frankly right now, I'd rather vote off the Hollywood Waltz, then Visions, but going with strategy of numbers here.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
07-30-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm going with Journey of the Sorcerer. The banjo is cool but the Eagles are known for great lyrics and this is an instrumental song.

GlennLover
07-30-2015, 12:52 PM
I vote Journey Of The Sorcerer again.

DivineDon
07-30-2015, 01:10 PM
I like the banjo playing - so I'm going for Visions

Desperada
07-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Visions

all eagles
07-30-2015, 04:38 PM
JOTS

AlreadyGone95
07-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Looks like it may be going down to the wire for this round. I've decided that I can't choose which one to vote for. Both have a "4" ranking on my scale of 1-5. I enjoy both almost equally.
Therefore I'm going to vote for After the Thrill is Gone. After I Wish You Peace, ATTIG is my 2nd least favorite song on the album, which for this album means it's almost worthy of a "4" rating as well.

Glennsallnighter
07-31-2015, 06:57 AM
Oh Dreamer, I love ATTIG! I guess thats what makes a game like this interesting, the fact that we all have so many different favourites! I will vote for Visions this round.

NightMistBlue
07-31-2015, 10:29 AM
Bernie had total Banjo commitment. Banjo soloing on that sort of track with those dramatic strings? :hilarious:

I love that terminology, "total banjo commitment"! Thanks for the smile. :)

AlreadyGone95
07-31-2015, 10:58 AM
Oh Dreamer, I love ATTIG! I guess thats what makes a game like this interesting, the fact that we all have so many different favourites! I will vote for Visions this round.

Um... I'm not Dreamer, GA. Lol

DivineDon
07-31-2015, 12:24 PM
ATTIG is one of my all-time favourites too. The lyrics are amazing.

AlreadyGone95
07-31-2015, 01:03 PM
I enjoy and like ATTIG, don't get me wrong, I just like the others on this album more. (And that includes Visions and JOTS. Sacrilege, I know :hilarious:)

Brooke
07-31-2015, 01:13 PM
ATTIG has always been one of my favorite Eagles songs too. So many meaningful lines there.

I actually like ALL the songs on this album. I just prefer to hear their voices along with the music.

L101
07-31-2015, 01:23 PM
Apart from Visions, I like all the songs on this album but I absolutely love ATTIG - along with the great lyrics, and Don/Glenn sharing lead, it's just so heartfelt.

Bernie had total Banjo commitment.
I also love that quote - could be a new saying for committing to something - they've got total banjo commitment !! :grin:

NightMistBlue
07-31-2015, 02:52 PM
It made me think of Sophie B. Hawkins - remember her? - whose total banjo commitment torpedoed her career. She and Bernie should get together. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_B._Hawkins

Back on topic: I love all of the songs on OOTN, I wouldn't vote any of them off.

Fleurette767
07-31-2015, 03:59 PM
Earl Scruggs too but different style I guess. :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
07-31-2015, 07:28 PM
I vote for Journey of the Sorcerer

07-31-2015, 07:59 PM
Yeah - That definitely wasn't me that voted for After the Thrill is Gone. You can count me as another one that adores the song. It looks like Journey of the Sorcerer will go down without my vote, so I will vote strategically again ...

07-31-2015, 08:04 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the One of These Nights Survivor is Iourney of the Sorcerer. “Journey of the Sorcerer, the tribe has spoken and Mr. Sorcerer, your journey is over. I guess your wizardry and trickery weren’t able to work any magic this time, so you must please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Journey of the Sorcerer – 9
Visions – 8
After the Thrill is Gone – 1
Too Many Hands – 1

Vote Breakdown
Journey of the Sorcerer – WalshFan88
Journey of the Sorcerer – NOLA
Journey of the Sorcerer – scottside
Journey of the Sorcerer – Brooke
Journey of the Sorcerer – shunlvswx
Journey of the Sorcerer – SoaringRockyMountainWay
Journey of the Sorcerer – GlennLover
Journey of the Sorcerer – all eagles
Journey of the Sorcerer – zeldabjr
Visions – Freypower
Visions – Jonny Come Lately
Visions – UndertheWire
Visions – Lacken101
Visions – Fleurette767
Visions – DevineDon
Visions – Desperada
Visions – Glennsallnighter
After the Thrill Is Gone – AlreadyGone95

Performances eliminated:
I Wish You Peace 7/29

Performances remaining:
One of These Nights
Too Many Hands
Hollywood Waltz
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit
Visions
After the Thrill Is Gone

Voting for Round Three begins now.

AlreadyGone95
07-31-2015, 08:18 PM
Yeah - That definitely wasn't me that voted for After the Thrill is Gone. You can count me as another one that adores the song. It looks like Journey of the Sorcerer will go down without my vote, so I will vote strategically again ...

Sorry about the mix up there, Dreamer. I guess my sig still confuses people at times, :lol:.

Anyway, to get out of the way, so that I can set my sights on the 2 songs still in here that are below it on my list, I vote for Visions .

GlennLover
07-31-2015, 08:29 PM
I vote Visions. It just doesn't do anything for me.

Freypower
07-31-2015, 08:52 PM
Visions

Glennsallnighter
08-01-2015, 05:04 AM
Um... I'm not Dreamer, GA. Lol

Don't know how I managed that AG and Dreamer. So Sorry! :-( maybe it was something to do with Dreamers av and your signature!

I vote Visions in this round again

Jonny Come Lately
08-01-2015, 06:47 AM
I'll again go with Visions, for same reasons as last time.

Although I like Journey of the Sorcerer a lot myself, I can understand why was voted off, but with I Wish You Peace having also gone I feel it is the weakest of the songs remaining in the game. I wouldn't be that worried if Hollywood Waltz went out in this round, but I definitely much prefer the other five songs to Visions.

DivineDon
08-01-2015, 06:59 AM
Yeah, I'm going with Visions again :thumbsup:

scottside
08-01-2015, 09:02 AM
I will reluctantly vote for "Visions" as it will go down anyway, but for me, "Hollywood Waltz" was also in consideration.

NOLA
08-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Same here, Scottside. I'll vote for "Visions," albeit reluctantly, because it appears to be going down the lonely path to deletion.

AlreadyGone95
08-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Don't know how I managed that AG and Dreamer. So Sorry! :-( maybe it was something to do with Dreamers av and your signature!

I vote Visions in this round again

It's ok :). I've volunteered to change my sig to keep from confusing people, but the response was "don't. We get to see it twice now". Lol

Glennsallnighter
08-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Oh no, don't! You are entitled to use it and tease us all! It was my mix-up!

L101
08-01-2015, 04:08 PM
I'll vote for Visions again this round.

UK TimFan
08-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Drat. I forgot to vote last round, though I wouldn't have been able to save JOTS.
And unless a miracle happens, 'Visions' won't need my vote to go this round so I'll vote for 'After the thrill is gone'.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
08-01-2015, 09:01 PM
I like Visions but I don't like it as much as the songs that are left. So, reluctantly I vote for Visions.

shunlvswx
08-02-2015, 04:00 PM
I'm going to vote for Visions.

WalshFan88
08-02-2015, 07:16 PM
As much as I hate to:

Visions

zeldabjr
08-02-2015, 07:46 PM
I vote for Visions

08-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Even though I like Visions, I agree that it should be the next to go. But, it doesn't need my vote, so I will vote strategically again ...

08-02-2015, 08:06 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the One of These Nights Survivor is Visions. “Visions, the tribe has spoken and you had everything to lose. You tried to live out your fantasies and hoped they would get from where you are to where you want to be. But, now you must step to the other side and leave the island immediately.

Votes
Visions – 13
Too Many Hands – 1
After the Thrill Is Gone – 1

Vote Breakdown
Visions – AlreadyGone95
Visions – GlennLover
Visions – Freypower
Visions – Glennsallnighter
Visions – Jonny Come Lately
Visions – DevineDon
Visions – scottside
Visions – NOLA
Visions – Lacken101
Visions – SoaringRockyMountainWay
Visions – shunlvswx
Visions – WalshFan88
Visions – zeldabjr
After the Thrill Is Gone – UK TimFan

Performances eliminated:
I Wish You Peace 7/29
Visions 8/02

Performances remaining:
One of These Nights
Too Many Hands
Hollywood Waltz
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit
After the Thrill Is Gone

Voting for Round Four begins now.

Freypower
08-02-2015, 08:25 PM
Hollywood Waltz

all eagles
08-02-2015, 08:46 PM
H. Waltz

GlennLover
08-02-2015, 09:00 PM
I vote Too Many Hands. I just like the other remaining songs better than this one.

08-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Things should really start getting interesting now. I'm not going to vote yet, but I just want to come to the defense of Hollywood Waltz. I love the vocals, lyrics, and melody to the song. As far as Too Many Hands, I think the lyrics are pretty good, but I'm not crazy about the melody or Randy's vocals. I can't even iput my finger on what it is about the vocal that I dislike, but they just rub me the wrong way.

I can sympathise with tlr's comments - I personally find I can split this album into three groups of three songs. To me there are the three singles, all of which are extremely strong Eagles songs and fully deserve the praise they get, there are another three songs which I like a lot and I consider to be underrated, and the final three I find a bit 'meh' and are among the Eagles songs I play least often. I do like this album quite a lot as a whole, but I myself don't think it's as good as Desperado or Hotel California.

JCL - I pretty much agree that this album is uneven for the reasons you cite. The only thing I differ with you about is that I would rate After the Thrill Is Gone with the 'big three' in terms of quality. It's true it wasn't a megahit like the others, but IMHO, it is just as good.

AlreadyGone95
08-02-2015, 09:34 PM
As I think I've stated before OTTN is my 2nd favorite Eagles album. I love almost every song on the album. It seems that barring the 3 hits of the album, my choices for the other great songs is in the minority here. Too Many hands is my favorite of the non hits on the album. I've already stated my opinion of ATTIG. Hollywood Waltz, I feel the same way about it as I do ATTIG. Ultimately, this round I'll be voting for one of those 2. I'm gonna wait a bit before voting.

Funk 50
08-03-2015, 06:01 AM
Things should really start getting interesting now. I'm not going to vote yet, but I just want to come to the defense of Hollywood Waltz. I love the vocals, lyrics, and melody to the song. As far as Too Many Hands, I think the lyrics are pretty good, but I'm not crazy about the melody or Randy's vocals. I can't even put my finger on what it is about the vocal that I dislike, but they just rub me the wrong way.

I've just checked back and it looks like you're the only voter who hasn't voted for Visions. Congratulations Ive always been a dreamer. :thumbsup:

I can imagine the discord in the ranks with Glenn and Don really upping their game after On The Border and coming up with such great songs while the rest of the band were treading water.

At best, it's a second rate Eagles song, I vote for Too Many Hands.

scottside
08-03-2015, 08:17 AM
I vote for "Hollywood Waltz." I love "Too Many Hands." Having seen it played live early on, the duel lead guitar work between Frey and Felder is excellent (both live and in the studio) and I think Randy does a great job with the vocals.

UndertheWire
08-03-2015, 09:55 AM
How did I miss voting last round? Good to see Visions go.

I was holding off this time, in case I needed to make a strategic vote to save After the Thrill is Gone, but I'd probably forget again.

This round I vote for Too Many Hands. After listening to it and Hollywood Waltz back to back, it was an easy decision. I like some aspects of TMH but it's a bit repetitive and I don't like Randy's voice on it. Of course JotS is better than both of them.

NOLA
08-03-2015, 10:23 AM
I'll vote for TITTL over TMH, because I love Randy's deeper tracks. TITTL drives me nuts with its overexposure. I swear, sometimes people think it's the only song that man has ever wrote/sang for the Eagles! :rolleyes:

NightMistBlue
08-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Good for you, NOLA - I like how you think. It also irritates me when people overemphasize R.'s high notes, like that's the only thing the guy brought to the table.

UndertheWire
08-03-2015, 11:10 AM
I like Randy best on Tryin' and Take the Devil. With TMH, he sounds like he's singing from the end of a long corridor.

NOLA
08-03-2015, 11:10 AM
Good for you, NOLA - I like how you think. It also irritates me when people overemphasize R.'s high notes, like that's the only thing the guy brought to the table.

Thank you, NMB. Between yours and my points of view, sometimes I wonder if it drives him nuts! :hilarious:

shunlvswx
08-03-2015, 11:16 AM
I'm not fan of Too Many Hands or Hollywood Waltz, but I'm going to go with Hollywood Waltz.

Fleurette767
08-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Hollywood Waltz for me too. IMO not enough melodic interest for me to support this one.

L101
08-03-2015, 01:59 PM
I think Hollywood Waltz is a sweet song - kind of catching them in their youth and innocence.....

But I'm voting for Too many hands this round - again, its a good song until the singing starts. I just don't like how Randy sounds on it. Like UTW says, he sounds like he's singing from the end of a long corridor.....

NightMistBlue
08-03-2015, 02:13 PM
It's interesting to hear Lacken & UtW talk about Randy's vocals sounding distant/overly echoey on TMH. I've heard people say that about "Take It to the Limit."

Brooke
08-03-2015, 02:48 PM
I missed last round, but am glad Visions was the one to go.

I love Hollywood Waltz! Always makes me feel nostalgic. And I agree with those that said Randy's voice just isn't the greatest on Too Many Hands so...

I vote for Too Many Hands this round.

L101
08-03-2015, 03:06 PM
It's interesting to hear Lacken & UtW talk about Randy's vocals sounding distant/overly echoey on TMH. I've heard people say that about "Take It to the Limit."

Randy does sound distant/echoey on TITTL as well, but it's not as bad as it is on TMH. Maybe it was the "recording mood" they were in when they were recording it, as I think they are the only two songs where he sounds like this.....

Desperada
08-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Too many hands

Glennsallnighter
08-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Too Many Hands as well. I just don't think its as strong as the remaining songs

SoaringRockyMountainWay
08-03-2015, 06:04 PM
I like Too Many Hands and Hollywood Waltz pretty much equally. I think I'm gonna have to go with Too Many Hands.

AlreadyGone95
08-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Since, unless a miracle happens, Too Many Hands will be going down, I'll strategically vote for After the Thrill is Gone.

WalshFan88
08-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Too Many Hands

UK TimFan
08-03-2015, 07:36 PM
I vote for 'After the thrill is gone'.

DivineDon
08-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Too Many Hands for me too!!

zeldabjr
08-04-2015, 07:44 PM
I vote for Too Many Hands

08-04-2015, 07:53 PM
I guess I could vote strategically since Too Many Hands is going down. But, I'll go ahead and give it one more vote ...

08-04-2015, 08:12 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the One of These Nights Survivor is Too Many Hands. “Too Many Hands, the tribe has spoken and your heart may be yearning, but your fire is no longer burning. Now, please don't make a sound as you turn around to leave the island.

Votes
Too Many Hands – 12
Hollywood Waltz – 5
After the Thrill Is Gone – 2
Take It To the Limit – 1

Vote Breakdown
Too Many Hands – GlennLover
Too Many Hands – Funk 50
Too Many Hands – UndertheWire
Too Many Hands – Lacken101
Too Many Hands – Brooke
Too Many Hands – Desperada
Too Many Hands – Glennsallnighter
Too Many Hands – SoaringRockyMountainWay
Too Many Hands – WalshFan88
Too Many Hands – DevineDon
Too Many Hands – zeldabjr
Hollywood Waltz – Freypower
Hollywood Waltz – all eagles
Hollywood Waltz – scottside
Hollywood Waltz – shunlvswx
Hollywood Waltz – Fleurette767
After the Thrill Is Gone – UK TimFan
Take It To the Limit – NOLA

Performances eliminated:
I Wish You Peace 7/29
Visions 8/02
Too Many Hands 8/04

Performances remaining:
One of These Nights
Hollywood Waltz
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit
After the Thrill Is Gone

Voting for Round Five begins now.

all eagles
08-04-2015, 08:19 PM
H Waltz

WalshFan88
08-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Hollywood Waltz

Freypower
08-04-2015, 10:50 PM
Hollywood Waltz

GlennLover
08-04-2015, 10:53 PM
Hollywood Waltz. I just like the other songs better.

Funk 50
08-05-2015, 05:07 AM
In the 70s I had a clear definition of what rock music was. It was music that old people wouldn't sing. I could appreciate MOR but I loved rock. I saw The Eagles as an MOR band. You almost had to be old to sing After The Thrill Is Gone.

Things have changed as The Beatles and The Stones fall deeper into the past but After The Thrill Is Gone is still MOR and despite being old now, myself, I still much prefer rock music.

After The Thrill Is Gone gets my vote.

UndertheWire
08-05-2015, 05:12 AM
Hollywood Waltz

Lyrically, After the Thrill is Gone is really good.

scottside
08-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Hollywood Waltz.

NOLA
08-05-2015, 08:42 AM
Casting a vote for HW, although I do like the sense of yearning and regret in the lyrics.

shunlvswx
08-05-2015, 10:10 AM
I'm voting for Hollywood Waltz because I think its the weakest song that's left and I just don't like the music to the song.

Brooke
08-05-2015, 02:01 PM
I love Hollywood Waltz, but not as much as what's left, so....

Hollywood Waltz

AlreadyGone95
08-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Since Hollywood Waltz looks to be going down with my help, I vote for After the Thrill is Gone.

L101
08-05-2015, 02:21 PM
I vote for Hollywood Waltz, even though I like it, it's the weakest of the songs left

Fleurette767
08-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Hollywood Waltz.

Desperada
08-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Hollywood Waltz

Glennsallnighter
08-05-2015, 04:58 PM
As it looks like Hollywood Waltz is going to go this round anyway (which is as it should be) I will vote off Take it to the Limit.

DivineDon
08-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Yeah, looks like Hollywood Waltz is going down so I'm voting for Lyin' Eyes

SoaringRockyMountainWay
08-06-2015, 06:03 PM
I guess I'm going with Hollywood Waltz.

zeldabjr
08-06-2015, 07:15 PM
I vote for Hollywood Waltz

08-06-2015, 07:58 PM
I cast my vote for One of These Nights.

08-06-2015, 08:20 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the One of These Nights Survivor is Hollywood Waltz. “Hollywood Waltz, the tribe has spoken and we couldn't overlook all of your faults. You didn't get what they wanted so start packing and leave the island immediately.

Votes
Hollywood Waltz – 14
After the Thrill Is Gone – 2
Take It To the Limit – 1
Lyin’ Eyes – 1
One of These Nights – 1

Vote Breakdown
Hollywood Waltz – all eagles
Hollywood Waltz– WalshFan88
Hollywood Waltz – Freypower
Hollywood Waltz – GlennLover
Hollywood Waltz – UndertheWire
Hollywood Waltz – scottside
Hollywood Waltz – NOLA
Hollywood Waltz – shunlvswx
Hollywood Waltz – Brooke
Hollywood Waltz – Lacken101
Hollywood Waltz – Fleurette767
Hollywood Waltz – Desperada
Hollywood Waltz – SoaringRockyMountainWay
Hollywood Waltz – zeldabjr
After the Thrill Is Gone – Funk 50
Take It To the Limit – Glennsallnighter
Lyin’ Eyes – DevineDon
One of These Nights – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances eliminated:
I Wish You Peace 7/29
Visions 8/02
Too Many Hands 8/04
Hollywood Waltz 8/06

Performances remaining:
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit
After the Thrill Is Gone

Voting for Round Six begins now.

Freypower
08-06-2015, 08:44 PM
After The Thrill Is Gone

AlreadyGone95
08-06-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm going to keep on voting for After the Thrill is Gone.

WalshFan88
08-06-2015, 09:38 PM
All great songs, hard to pick...

But I think I'm going with:

Lyin' Eyes

NOLA
08-06-2015, 09:51 PM
Take It to the Limit

Sayonara, because you are over the limit!

I swear, between it and HC, I want to kick the radio when they come on station. IMHO, they are so overplayed, it's not even enjoyable anymore.

Funk 50
08-07-2015, 04:07 AM
After The Thrill Is Gone. Glenn and Don sing it admirably but the tempo and subject matter are much too downbeat for me. Maybe, 40 years on, they should write an upbeat, uplifting, antidote, Thrills Galore :thumbsup:

UK TimFan
08-07-2015, 04:35 AM
I vote for 'After The Thrill Is Gone'.

UndertheWire
08-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Lyin' Eyes

I like it, but it's long and I heard it too often all those years ago.

scottside
08-07-2015, 09:20 AM
I vote for "After The Thrill Is Gone."

Brooke
08-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Take It To The Limit

sodascouts
08-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Back just in time to try and save the best Eagles song EVER, TITTL!

I cast my vote for After the Thrill is Gone.

DivineDon
08-07-2015, 11:05 AM
Take It to the Limit

Sayonara, because you are over the limit!

I swear, between it and HC, I want to kick the radio when they come on station. IMHO, they are so overplayed, it's not even enjoyable anymore.

I feel the same way about Lyin' Eyes! I skip it when it comes on the CD so I'm voting for it.

(I love all the rest, it's going to be VERY difficult)

all eagles
08-07-2015, 11:18 AM
[quote=sodascouts;307802]Back just in time to try and save the best Eagles song EVER, TITTL!

Couldn't agree more (Randy on lead)

Fleurette767
08-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Now we're to the :censored: up part of the game. I'm voting for After the Thrill Is Gone. A lovely song, but fare thee well.

TBH I'm not sure how I'm going to rank the other three (the "hits"), if those are the ones indeed left.

L101
08-07-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm voting for Lyin' Eyes. Its just a bit too long and overplayed at this stage but I can't believe all the votes ATTIG is getting !! I suppose it was good that it lasted this long ......

08-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Well it looks like ATTIG is going down this time. As much as I love this very underrated song, it’s only fitting that we are heading for an exciting final showdown between the 'big three' hits on this album. IMO, we should just declare a three-way tie at the end of this round. :grin: But, of course, that ain’t the way we play the game here.

Around where I live, I haven’t noticed Lyin’ Eyes getting any more air play than OOTN or TITTL. After 40 years, I guess you could say all of these classic songs are overplayed, but that doesn’t bother me personally if they are great songs, which all of these amazing tunes certainly are. Since Lyin’ Eyes is getting a fair number of votes in this round, I will say a few words in its defense though. To me, this song tells a fantastic story and the way the lyrics flow is perfect in setting the tone of the song. Then, there are the gorgeous vocals and harmonies. I love the sophisticated layering of their voices and the way they build, along with the instrumentation, as the song progresses. In addition, the subtle nuances and variations in each chorus is another thing that sets this song apart and makes it so brilliant. Sometimes Grammy awards can be meaningless, but in this case, I believe they got it right on by honoring this song as ‘Best Pop Vocal by Group, Duo, or Chorus’. So, yeah, the story may be a little long, but to me, this is a flawlessly-crafted and arranged song that every aspiring songwriter might want to study very closely. Every facet of this song complements the others.

So, since I don't believe ATTIG needs my vote, I'll once again vote strategically ...

Glennsallnighter
08-08-2015, 03:45 PM
I agree with what Dreamer says about Lyin Eyes. I would go as far as to say that it is my favourite Eagles song, although really I love all of their work. So having given my hand away, and as there is now very little separating the 'big three' I will vote off Take it to the Limit (One more time!)

Desperada
08-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Take it to the Limit

08-08-2015, 04:15 PM
BTW - Just want to let everyone know that I'm going out for a while tonight so the results of this round may be posted later than usual. We'll get them posted ASAP.

all eagles
08-08-2015, 04:38 PM
ATTIG

SoaringRockyMountainWay
08-08-2015, 04:51 PM
After the Thrill Is Gone

zeldabjr
08-08-2015, 07:33 PM
I vote for After the Thrill is Gone

sodascouts
08-08-2015, 08:14 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the One of These Nights Survivor is After the Thrill is Gone. "After the Thrill is Gone", the tribe has spoken, and you must move on. I know you don't want to lose, but it's time for you to go. Leave the island immediately.

Votes
After the Thrill Is Gone – 10
Lyin’ Eyes – 4
Take It To the Limit – 4
One of These Nights – 1

Vote Breakdown
After the Thrill is Gone - Freypower
After the Thrill is Gone – AlreadyGone95
After the Thrill is Gone – Funk 50
After the Thrill is Gone - UK TimFan
After the Thrill is Gone - scottside
After the Thrill is Gone - sodascouts
After the Thrill is Gone - Fleurette767
After the Thrill is Gone - all eagles
After the Thrill is Gone - SoaringRockyMountainWay
After the Thrill is Gone - zeldabjr
Lyin' Eyes - WalshFan88
Lyin' Eyes - UndertheWire
Lyin' Eyes - DivineDon
Lyin' Eyes - Lacken101
Take It to the Limit - NOLA
Take It to the Limit - Brooke
Take It to the Limit – Glennsallnighter
Take It to the Limit - Desperada
One of These Nights - Ive always been a dreamer

Performances eliminated:
I Wish You Peace 7/29
Visions 8/02
Too Many Hands 8/04
Hollywood Waltz 8/06
After the Thrill is Gone 8/08

Performances remaining:
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Take It to the Limit

Voting for Round Seven begins now.

Freypower
08-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Take It To The Limit

AlreadyGone95
08-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Take It To the Limit

Out of the 3 big songs, it's the one I like the least.

UK TimFan
08-09-2015, 04:13 AM
Take It To The Limit

NOLA
08-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Take It to the Limit

One more time! :nahnah:

UndertheWire
08-09-2015, 07:11 AM
Lyin' Eyes

scottside
08-09-2015, 09:42 AM
One Of These Nights

DivineDon
08-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Lyin' Eyes

GlennLover
08-09-2015, 04:36 PM
I vote One of These Nights. It's very difficult to chose at this point.

Desperada
08-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Take It to the Limit

WalshFan88
08-09-2015, 04:52 PM
I've never been a fan of Lyin' Eyes and I love OOTN and TITTL. I also love ATTIG.

For me Lyin' Eyes gets too repetitive and boring after awhile. It's one of the long songs that I can't wait for it to be over, unlike Hotel California which is never boring to me lyrically or otherwise. I heard LE on the radio yesterday coming home from a trip and I had to change the station, and I almost never do that for Eagles songs.

I think ATTIG is criminally underrated and is the best Frey vocal on the entire album by a country mile.

TITTL is beautifully sung, great lyrics. OOTN is just amazing front to back amplified by Felder's great guitar solo.

Glennsallnighter
08-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Take it to the Limit from me too!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
08-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Even though Take It to the Limit may be over played, it doesn't bother me. For me, the song never gets old. It has helped me through some tough times in my life. I just can't vote it off. I'm gonna have to go with Lyin' Eyes though I love that song too.

sodascouts
08-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Shoot - which song do I need to vote for to save TITTL?!!!

I'm going with Lyin' Eyes, and I cast my vote for it. I urge others to join me.

SAVE TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT! VOTE LYIN' EYES!!!

Freypower
08-09-2015, 06:36 PM
I've never been a fan of Lyin' Eyes and I love OOTN and TITTL. I also love ATTIG.

For me Lyin' Eyes gets too repetitive and boring after awhile. It's one of the long songs that I can't wait for it to be over, unlike Hotel California which is never boring to me lyrically or otherwise. I heard LE on the radio yesterday coming home from a trip and I had to change the station, and I almost never do that for Eagles songs.

I think ATTIG is criminally underrated and is the best Frey vocal on the entire album by a country mile.

TITTL is beautifully sung, great lyrics. OOTN is just amazing front to back amplified by Felder's great guitar solo.

Given that its only competition is Lyin' Eyes, that isn't much of a statement. :-(

I'm not going to try & defend Lyin' Eyes but it won a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal. Many people talk about the harmonies of this song but it's one of Glenn's finest ever performances. It's my second favourite Eagles song & I will never tire of hearing him sing it. As so many seem to feel about TITTL, I feel about this song.

shunlvswx
08-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Sorry to say. I'm voting Take It To The Limit. I never was a fan of that song. One of my least favorite Eagle song.

WalshFan88
08-10-2015, 12:32 AM
Given that its only competition is Lyin' Eyes, that isn't much of a statement. :-(

I'm not going to try & defend Lyin' Eyes but it won a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal. Many people talk about the harmonies of this song but it's one of Glenn's finest ever performances. It's my second favourite Eagles song & I will never tire of hearing him sing it. As so many seem to feel about TITTL, I feel about this song.

I just really like his voice and the lyrical content on ATTIG. I also love the Memphis RnB/Soul feel.

My top 5 underrated Eagles tunes are constantly changing but for me its:

After The Thrill Is Gone
Those Shoes
Victim Of Love
James Dean
In The City

AlreadyGone95
08-10-2015, 02:40 AM
I just really like his voice and the lyrical content on ATTIG. I also love the Memphis RnB/Soul feel.

My top 5 underrated Eagles tunes are constantly changing but for me its:

After The Thrill Is Gone
Those Shoes
Victim Of Love
James Dean
In The City

Minus ATTIG, I agree with your list, especially James Dean and In the City. Both of those songs are in my top 10 Eagles songs.

Brooke
08-10-2015, 09:30 AM
TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT, one more time!

I really love all three of the remaining songs, but this one gets so repetitive at the end, I just want it to be over.

Fleurette767
08-10-2015, 10:18 AM
I'll go for One of These Nights, by extremely thin margin.

Lyin' Eyes features great storytelling and great musicality. It's one of those songs I know every word to. Glenn's singing is very measured and controlled, but still has a lot of character. Hit the rock and country charts.

Take It to the Limit features Randy's excellent, emotive singing and how about Don's creative drumming at the end there?

all eagles
08-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Lyin' Eyes

zeldabjr
08-10-2015, 11:26 AM
very hard at this point...but I'll go with Lyin' Eyes

L101
08-10-2015, 01:45 PM
It's a toss up but I'll go with Take it to the limit

08-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Austin - Just want to clarify that you are actually casting a vote for Lyin' Eyes rather than just commenting here?

Just a reminder to everyone - please make it clear when you are casting a vote so the moderators don't have to guess about whether you are voting or just discussing the songs. Thanks! :thumbsup:

08-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Wow - I'm sad to see TITTL go down - it's my favorite song off the album, but only slightly. As I said earlier, all three of these final songs are great, so there are no losers here. So just for the record ...

08-10-2015, 08:05 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the One of These Nights Survivor is Take It to the Limit. “Take It to the Limit, we know you’ve always been a dreamer, but the tribe has spoken. We have put you on a highway, and showed you a sign so please leave the island immediately. The remaining two songs can step forward for the final round …

One of These Nights vs. Lyin' Eyes

Votes
Take It to the Limit – 9
Lyin’ Eyes – 7
One of These Nights – 4

Vote Breakdown
Take It to the Limit – Freypower
Take It to the Limit – AlreadyGone95
Take It to the Limit – UK TimFan
Take It to the Limit – NOLA
Take It to the Limit – Desperada
Take It to the Limit – Glennsallnighter
Take It to the Limit – shunlvswx
Take It to the Limit – Brooke
Take It to the Limit – Lacken101
Lyin’ Eyes – UndertheWire
Lyin’ Eyes – DevineDon
Lyin’ Eyes – SoaringRockyMountainWay
Lyin’ Eyes – sodascouts
Lyin’ Eyes – all eagles
Lyin’ Eyes – zeldabjr
Lyin’ Eyes – WalshFan88
One of These Nights – scottside
One of These Nights – GlennLover
One of These Nights – Fleurette767
One of These Nights – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances eliminated:
I Wish You Peace 7/29
Visions 8/02
Too Many Hands 8/04
Hollywood Waltz 8/06

Songs remaining:

One of These Nights vs. Lyin' Eyes

We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the song we want to go. We’re going to vote for the song we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all.

Once again...

VOTE FOR THE SONG YOU WANT TO WIN.

Voting for the final round begins now.

GlennLover
08-10-2015, 08:32 PM
I vote Lyin' Eyes for the win.

AlreadyGone95
08-10-2015, 08:47 PM
As much as the Frey fan in me wants to go for Lyin Eyes, I can't. I love Lyin Eyes, but I love One of These Nights more. I love the "feel" of OOTN, plus the intro and Don's voice.

So therefore : One of These Nights

Freypower
08-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Lyin' Eyes has always been my favourite song from this album & I hope it wins.

all eagles
08-10-2015, 09:18 PM
OOTN

WalshFan88
08-10-2015, 10:47 PM
No comparison for me:

One Of These Nights

WalshFan88
08-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Austin - Just want to clarify that you are actually casting a vote for Lyin' Eyes rather than just commenting here?

Just a reminder to everyone - please make it clear when you are casting a vote so the moderators don't have to guess about whether you are voting or just discussing the songs. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Sorry, I thought I made it clear by putting it in bold. But yes, I was voting for Lyin' Eyes to go. :)

zeldabjr
08-11-2015, 12:30 AM
one of my all time favorites...One of These Nights to win!!!!!

UK TimFan
08-11-2015, 03:57 AM
'One of these nights' for the win.

UndertheWire
08-11-2015, 04:54 AM
One of These Nights to win.

It's funny how they talk about it being a new sound for them. When I first heard it, I thought it was a return to Witchy Woman. Henley vocal, distinctive instrumentation and those troublesome women.

NOLA
08-11-2015, 08:20 AM
Gonna getcha, baby,

One of These Nights!

IIRC, the Eagles were surprised it was being played in discos. I think it's the closest in song they ever got to that genre.

scottside
08-11-2015, 09:13 AM
LYIN" EYES for the win.

Brooke
08-11-2015, 09:46 AM
One of my all time favorites, ONE OF THESE NIGHTS for the win!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! :heart:

I love Lyin' Eyes, too, but Don's smokey voice on OOTN just gets me every time!

DivineDon
08-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Cannot believe TITTL was voted off :-(

Well, I've been trying to get rid of Lyin' Eyes for ages so it has to be ONE OF THESE NIGHTS to win :thumbsup:

(I agree with you, Brooke, Don sounds soooo sexy on this and I love his high notes!!! and he can still hit them :))

Fleurette767
08-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Lyin' Eyes.

Two very excellent contenders but yes, Lyin' Eyes. And veryclose because I really love both songs.

SPrim
08-11-2015, 11:15 AM
One of These Nights.

L101
08-11-2015, 02:04 PM
One of these nights for the win!!!!!!!!

This song just gets better with age and as Don's voice has matured, it fits the song so well....and it just makes me :faint: :grin:

Keith
08-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Lyin' Eyes for the win.

I love both, but in the end I'll take the one without the falsetto and disco vibe.

shunlvswx
08-11-2015, 05:37 PM
I'm not a fan of either songs, but I would pick. One Of These Nights

Glennsallnighter
08-12-2015, 03:58 PM
My favourite all times Eagles song is Lyin Eyes so I will have to vote that for the win. However I love OOTN too and will not be sorry to see it win either! Both are brilliant songs.

sodascouts
08-12-2015, 04:13 PM
LYIN' EYES for the WIN!

If it can't be Take It to the Limit. :(

I like One of These Nights, but I find its style to be a bit dated.

Desperada
08-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Lyin Eyes to win, I love this song!!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
08-12-2015, 05:58 PM
One of These Nights for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Well - Take It to the Limit was my first choice to win the game, but only by a smidgen. I believe Lyin' Eyes may actually be the best song on the album and one of the best Eagles songs ever. I love One of These Nights too, but not quite as much as these other two. So, not that it will make a difference, but my vote goes to ...

Lyin' Eyes for the win!

08-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Well, the tribe has spoken and we have a winner for[the One of These Nights Survivor. The daughter of the devil himself can't believe her lyin' eyes, but for the angel in white it's going to be one of those nights. That's right, pretty mama, the full moon is calling our winner ...

One of These Nights

Votes
One of These Nights – 13
Lyin’ Eyes – 9

Vote Breakdown
One of These Nights – AlreadyGone95
One of These Nights – all eagles
One of These Nights – WalshFan88
One of These Nights – zeldabjr
One of These Nights – UK TimFan
One of These Nights – UndertheWire
One of These Nights – NOLA
One of These Nights – Brooke
One of These Nights – DevineDon
One of These Nights – SPrim
One of These Nights – Lacken101
One of These Nights – shunlvswx
One of These Nights – SoaringRockyMountainWay
Lyin’ Eyes – GlennLover
Lyin’ Eyes – Freypower
Lyin’ Eyes – scottside
Lyin’ Eyes – Fleurette767
Lyin’ Eyes – Keith
Lyin’ Eyes – Glennsallnighter
Lyin’ Eyes – sodascouts
Lyin’ Eyes – Desperada
Lyin’ Eyes – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
I Wish You Peace 7/29
Visions 8/02
Too Many Hands 8/04
Hollywood Waltz 8/06
Lyin' Eyes 8/12

Congrats to One of These Nights!

To celebrate, here's the song from Springfield, IL in 1975:

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/OOTNSpringfield75.mp3

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game.

WalshFan88
08-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Some live video from the 70s of the winning song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XWxyQVqP-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMu3KdhLRdg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVDOQo4y7HE

Felder's solo is so moving in this...

Brooke
08-13-2015, 09:28 AM
:yay: for One of These Nights! :yay:

The last 4 songs could have been the winner and I wouldn't have been disappointed though!

And thanks for the videos! I will be watching them later today!

Great game everyone! Thanks for playing!

Glennsallnighter
08-13-2015, 11:48 AM
Congratulations to One of these Nights on its win. It is indeed a worthy winner and as I said already, I'm quite happy that it wins even though Lyin Eyes (a worthy second place) is my favourite. I love the atmosphere it exudes, its hot, daring, sexy and sultry and Don's husky voice adds to it! Well done and thanks to Dreamer and Soda for taking charge of the game

AlreadyGone95
08-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Congrats to One of These Nights

Great song, great album, great game :thumbsup: :)

sodascouts
08-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Congrats to "One of These Nights" - you win some, you lose some, and it's certainly a high quality song.

08-13-2015, 10:42 PM
Well congrats to One of These Night from me as well. As we've said - all three of these final songs are deserving of the win. As a matter of fact, I have some interesting trivia to share about this. Over the last 8+ years, we've played the One of These Nights Survivor Game 3 times. It seems the third times the charm for One of These Nights. We've had 3 games and 3 different winners; however, OOTN is the only song to have made it to the final round in each game. The final results of the three games are as follows:

Game 1 in July '07: Lyin’ Eyes vs. One of These Nights

Game 2 in June '10: Take It to the Limit vs. One of These Nights

Game 3 in Aug. '15: One of These Nights vs. Lyin’ Eyes

AlreadyGone95
08-14-2015, 03:46 AM
That shows how much us fans love the 3 big songs from the OOTN album. :)

Interesting that each time a different song won!

08-15-2015, 12:06 PM
Yep - I think so too. Even though One of These Nights is not my favorite, I was kinda hoping it would win because of this. It will be interesting to see the outcome of the third Survivor games for the other albums, but I'm guessing that we won't three different winners for any of the other albums. Guess we'll wait and see what happens! :thumbsup: