PDA

View Full Version : Don at DAR Constitution Hall, Washington, DC - Nov. 5

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2015, 08:09 AM
Tickets via Ticketmaster:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/don-henley-washington-district-of-columbia-11-05-2015/event/15004EFDC3FA44D2?artistid=735267&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

American Express sale starts today at 10:00am! It ends on Thursday, so general sale will be Thursday or Friday. It doesn't say, check back later.

All boxes are general admission.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2015, 08:09 AM
I wasn't going to get tickets to this unless it was a weekend show, but it's my birthday! How can I resist?

Keith
08-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Good luck! Hotel prices have me leaning towards Atlanta right now, but in the end it comes down to where I can get good seats. Maybe something decent will be in the presale. Unactivated VIP buttons are on his website. Maybe something will come together there.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2015, 10:06 AM
As expected, the presale selection at this venue totally sucks! I don't want to keep trying, it'll lock me out. I don't care how small the venue is, row 26 just isn't me!

ETA: I waited until after 10:15 and tried again, sure enough, row 22 popped up with two seats. I bought them in case some friends of mine would want them, since they didn't know about the sale until too late to try for tickets.

Keith
08-03-2015, 01:08 PM
I got two in row 10, once the map came up. I would have preferrred Nashville or Atlanta. 0 offers for Nashville, and row 12 was the best I could get in Atlanta. I went ahead and purchased, a bird in the hand...

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Yes, I had to leave for work and by the time I got here, the map was up and all the good seats gone. The seats I got for friends at 10:20 are all the way back at row CC. Obviously they added a lot of seats later. I'm not happy. By the time I got here, the closest was row J. I can't justify a midweek trip to DC when I don't know where I'll be working for row J. I think they do it to throw off scalpers, but scalpers are paid to sit in front of a computer and keep checking. Fans have to work.

ETA: I'm actually hoping they come up with some Official Platinum seats. I'd rather pay more for a good seat than less for a seat that will annoy me. This venue has an aisle going across the second sections and so there will be people walking back and forth the entire show.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2015, 06:19 PM
They did come up with Official Platinum. Best I could find was row H, dead center on the aisle. I got them and asked for a refund on the others. Paid waayyyyy too much money for row 8 tickets that I don't even know if I can use, but I suppose Don is worth the risk. :wink:

Keith
08-04-2015, 06:05 AM
They did come up with Official Platinum. Best I could find was row H, dead center on the aisle. I got them and asked for a refund on the others. Paid waayyyyy too much money for row 8 tickets that I don't even know if I can use, but I suppose Don is worth the risk. :wink:
Glad you got those! Considering how small these venues are, row 8 is great.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-04-2015, 08:45 AM
It's the first row after the aisle that goes across. I'm just glad TM let me refund the first ones I bought.

Keith
08-05-2015, 08:27 AM
The seating chart for this venue has been changed to an "extended stage" version. The purchase map has changed accordingly. If this is correct... wait for it VK... YOU are on the Front Row! I hope it's correct. :shrug:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-05-2015, 09:09 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keith!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for letting me know! Wow. Well, now I have to make this show come hell or high water! Happy birthday to me! It'll be a great night! Front and Center, and suddenly my extra ticket is a really hot commodity!

Keith
08-05-2015, 09:19 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keith!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for letting me know! Wow. Well, now I have to make this show come hell or high water! Happy birthday to me! It'll be a great night! Front and Center, and suddenly my extra ticket is a really hot commodity!
You're welcome. :birthday: I was going to sell my 10th row seats, once I got seats in Atlanta, but now that they are likely 3rd row.:hmm: We both lucked up on this one!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Houston Baby
08-05-2015, 12:50 PM
WOW!! What a stroke of luck!! That is awesome news!! :partytime:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Just happened to check these tickets earlier today (making sure they didn't change the seatmap back :wink: ) and saw that seats in the 'new' front row with me are now $130 more per seat than what I paid for mine. Timing is everything, I guess. I still can't believe what a stroke of luck this is....

Keith
08-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Just happened to check these tickets earlier today (making sure they didn't change the seatmap back :wink: ) and saw that seats in the 'new' front row with me are now $130 more per seat than what I paid for mine. Timing is everything, I guess. I still can't believe what a stroke of luck this is....
There is some method to the madness in Platinum pricing. The first ten sets went up for Atlanta and sat for a little while with no bites. Then the price dropped $40 down the board. In the mean time, I was debating purchase, and then couldn't resist. Now that folks can see that H is front row for DC, tickets are moving and the price jumped accordingly. As you said, timing...

Keith
08-15-2015, 06:00 PM
VK, They changed the seating chart again. Now, you're on the stage.:laugh:

VAisForEagleLovers
08-15-2015, 06:30 PM
VK, They changed the seating chart again. Now, you're on the stage.:laugh:

HaHa, wouldn't that be great?

Ive always been a dreamer
11-05-2015, 12:55 AM
Well - I'll be heading up to D.C. tomorrow afternoon for this show. I don't have a ticket, but will take my chances that there will be something decent at the box office. I'm very excited to be seeing Don again!

NOLA
11-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Be safe and enjoy the show, Dreamer! Good luck with getting a good seat, too. Give us a show report when you get a chance. :)

Brooke
11-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Have fun, Dreamer! Can't wait to hear all about it! :thumbsup:

AlreadyGone95
11-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Hope you get a good seat, Dreamer!