PDA

View Full Version : Long Road Out of Eden Survivor

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
10-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Time for the Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor! If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7%20%5B/)

I'm going to list the songs of Long Road Out of Eden here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

While these games can get heated, remember it's all in good fun. You can debate the merits of a song, but don't badger people who don't vote the same way you do.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stands.

Note: In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

GAME OVER!

The winner is:

Waiting in the Weeds

Songs Eliminated
Fast Company 11/01
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance 11/03
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture 11/05
Guilty of the Crime 11/07
No More Walks in the Wood 11/09
I Don't Want to Hear Any More 11/11
Last Good Time in Town 11/13
I Dreamed There Was No War 11/15
Business As Usual 11/17
No More Cloudy Days 11/19
Do Something 11/21
It's Your World Now 11/23
Center of the Universe 11/25
Busy Being Fabulous 11/29
You Are Not Alone 12/01
What Do I Do with My Heart 12/03
Somebody 12/05
Long Road Out of Eden 12/07
How Long 12/09

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game.

sodascouts
10-30-2015, 08:14 PM
I'll go ahead and cast my vote first.

I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.

I don't think it has much of a melody (especially the "love-drunk friend" verse, which at points just seems like Don talking in a way that only vaguely aligns with the music) and it's got a mean-spirited tone to some of the lyrics that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The use of the organ when speaking of religion is also very trite.

It's one of only two songs that I dislike on what I consider to be a strong album.

NOLA
10-30-2015, 08:19 PM
I'm voting for I Dreamed There Was No War, because I'm not a fan of instrumentals on Eagles' albums. I want to hear their voices!

AlreadyGone95
10-30-2015, 08:21 PM
I'm voting for I Love To Watch a Woman Dance

It's the only song on the album that I always hit the skip button on. I just don't like it at all.

Freypower
10-30-2015, 08:24 PM
Fast Company

I've never liked it.

LuvTim
10-30-2015, 08:38 PM
I'm going to go ahead and vote with AG on this one:I Love To Watch a Woman Dance

deb828
10-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Fast Company

UndertheWire
10-30-2015, 09:41 PM
Frail grasp on the big picture

He's like an obnoxious teacher telling off the class but I don't have to sit quietly and take it.

GlennLover
10-30-2015, 11:00 PM
I vote Fast Company. I don't like the falsetto and the repetition.

scottside
10-30-2015, 11:00 PM
I vote for "Frail Grasp On The Big Picture." I like every single song on the two discs, but there's three or four that are weaker than the rest in my opinion. This is one of those.

ktdids
10-30-2015, 11:27 PM
I vote for Guilty of the Crime. Not one of my favorites from this album.

sodascouts
10-31-2015, 12:11 AM
Wow - the votes are all over the place. This should be a really interesting game!

Funk 50
10-31-2015, 04:14 AM
I'll go ahead and cast my vote first.

I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.

I don't think it has much of a melody (especially the "love-drunk friend" verse, which at points just seems like Don talking in a way that only vaguely aligns with the music) and it's got a mean-spirited tone to some of the lyrics that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The use of the organ when speaking of religion is also very trite.

I agree with all your criticisms sodascouts but Frail Grasp On The Big Picture is , somehow, one of the tracks I choose to listen to, most.

I vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More.

Tim's live solo performance of the track was very enjoyable but it's not a strong enough to be adopted as an Eagles track imho and the Eagles fail to add any magic to it. I'd probably like it more if Joe, rather than Steuart, was lead guitarist. :smile:

DivineDon
10-31-2015, 04:56 AM
Gosh, this is tough already! I'm going to vote for 'I love to watch a woman dance', though pleasant it just isn't as strong as other songs imo.

L101
10-31-2015, 04:07 PM
I'm going to vote for I love to watch a woman dance -I just find it weird and kinda creepy for some reason (though that might be because its Hallow'een :smile:)

Glennsallnighter
10-31-2015, 06:23 PM
I've listened to the album again over the last few days just to once again get the feel for the tracks that are on it. And I must say the one I sighed most at was 'Frail Grasp on the Big Picture'. Compared to the standard of the other songs its just not there. Its really a bit of a rant. So I will vote it off this round.

Jonny Come Lately
11-01-2015, 04:06 PM
I vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

While it would be a shame for this to go first as I don't dislike by any means, but I have to admit I do really like Frail Grasp On The Big Picture, and I think I will have to vote for ILTWAWD to try and save Frail Grasp, which is in my personal top ten. I love the satirical lyrics, and I also enjoy the music, especially the guitars. I guess I just see it a bit differently from some of the other people here.

shunlvswx
11-01-2015, 07:08 PM
I'm voting for Fast Company

Ive always been a dreamer
11-01-2015, 08:59 PM
In order to attempt to save I Love to Watch a Woman Dance ...

I cast my vote for Fast Company.

11-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Okay folks - we have a tie this round between Fast Company and I Love to Watch a Woman Dance.

Votes
Fast Company – 5
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – 5
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – 4
I Dreamed There Was No War – 1
Guilty of the Crime – 1
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – 1

Vote Breakdown
Fast Company – Freypower
Fast Company – deb828
Fast Company – GlennLover
Fast Company – shunlvswx
Fast Company – Ive always been a dreamer
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – AlreadyGone95
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – LuvTim
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – DevineDon
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Lacken101
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Jonny Come Lately
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – sodascouts
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – UndertheWire
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – scottside
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – Glennsallnighter
I Dreamed There Was No War – NOLA
Guilty of the Crime – ktdids
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – Funk 50

Since there are no previous votes to break the tie, then by virtue of the tiebreaker rule, I am going to post a sudden-death trivia question. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie.

11-01-2015, 09:12 PM
There are no previous votes to break the tie between Fast Company and I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. So by virtue of the tiebreaker rule, I am going to post a sudden-death trivia question. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie.

Please post your answer to the question, followed by which song you wish to eliminate.

So here goes ...

List everyone who has a writing credit on the title track, Long Road Out of Eden.

Freypower
11-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Don Henley, Glenn Frey & Timothy B. Schmit & I wish to eliminate Fast Company. Whew!

11-01-2015, 09:15 PM
That is correct FP.

Fast Company is eliminated.

Voting for Round 2 begins now.

Freypower
11-01-2015, 09:18 PM
That was pure good timing on my part. If ILTWAWD goes now at least I saved it for one round!

My next vote is for Guilty Of The Crime.

NOLA
11-01-2015, 09:42 PM
I'm voting for I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. To me, it sounds like the music and lyrics aren't in sync. Something is amiss with that song. Sorry, FP, because I know you really like it.

ITA, JCL, with your comments regarding FGOTBP. The song drips with Don's particular blend of sarcasm and political commentary. The music is cool, too.

LuvTim
11-01-2015, 09:53 PM
My vote: I Love to Watch a Woman Dance
(with apologies to those who love it)

sodascouts
11-01-2015, 11:14 PM
Well done, FP!

My vote is no surprise....

Frail Grasp on the Big Picture needs to go.

AlreadyGone95
11-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Sticking with the same song, I Love To Watch a Woman Dance

I love ya Glenn, but not this song!

scottside
11-01-2015, 11:46 PM
I vote for "Frail Grasp On The Big Picture."

UndertheWire
11-02-2015, 04:58 AM
I hadn't even noticed Fast Company was in contention.

I'll stick with Frail Grasp on the Big Picture. It's ok musically, but Don sounds really unpleasant which makes the scolding particularly hard to take.

DivineDon
11-02-2015, 06:28 AM
I love to watch a woman dance I find it drippy

... I really like the music and Don's sarcasm in FGOTBP.

and I loved FC - very disappointed :weep:

Funk 50
11-02-2015, 07:30 AM
I always try and vote for my least favourite but on this occasion I'm voting I Love To Watch A Woman Dance off. I 'm very fond of both Fast Company and I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. In a first round tie, they both should have gone.

Brooke
11-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Ugh, I intended to try to get in here over the weekend to vote, but alas, I didn't! I knew when I heard about the game what my first vote would be and had I made it, that song would have been gone. Drat!

So, I vote for I Love to Watch a Woman Dance.

Sorry Glenn, I don't like this song even a little bit. You can do so much better. I even left it off my ipod when I downloaded this album. :shrug:

ETA: Soda, do you always start these games on the weekend?

L101
11-02-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm gonna go for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance again - still find it creepy and I don't like Glenn's vocals on it.

I really like the guitars and the tune of FGOTBP although I don't like Don's vocals on that either!!

Freypower
11-02-2015, 05:37 PM
In a vague defence of ILTWAWD.... I've never understood the 'creepy' stuff. The narrator is at a place where people are dancing. His eyes are drawn to this particular woman for the first verse. Then she invites him to dance with her and that's how the song progresses. What is the problem with that?

As for going so far as to not even like Glenn's vocals.... be harsh on the song as much as you wish, but in my view he sings it beautifully. I know it sounds more like a solo song but in fairness & unfortunately, so do the majority of his songs on this album. Why that is, I don't know.

My problem with it is that he didn't write it & that it is far too similar to For My Wedding, by the same writer. I wish he had made more of an effort to write more songs himself rather than relying on other writers (and I include Jack Tempchin in that; it is supposed to be an Eagles album).

As to the elimnation I believe we have had to use tiebreakers before in this situation. The rules are explained in the first post of the thread & are quite clear. I just happened to be on the computer when the question was asked.

For the record, I do like Frail Grasp On The Big Picture because it's a more unusual type of song (although it has to be said the lyrics could have come from Inside Job) and I do like the way Don sings it.

L101
11-02-2015, 05:54 PM
In a vague defence of ILTWAWD.... I've never understood the 'creepy' stuff. The narrator is at a place where people are dancing. His eyes are drawn to this particular woman for the first verse. Then she invites him to dance with her and that's how the song progresses. What is the problem with that?

As for going so far as to not even like Glenn's vocals.... be harsh on the song as much as you wish, but in my view he sings it beautifully. I know it sounds more like a solo song but in fairness & unfortunately, so do the majority of his songs on this album. Why that is, I don't know.

The 'creepy' theme is the feeling that he's just watching her while she's dancing by herself i.e. watching her every move - it's a just weird even if she does invite him to dance, it just feels wrong.
As for Glenn's vocals, I don't think he sang that beautifully at all, he can and does do so much better and its just comes off a bit dull and boring.
But that's just my opinion.... :shrug:

deb828
11-02-2015, 08:32 PM
I vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.

sodascouts
11-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Soda, do you always start these games on the weekend?

Not deliberately. Dreamer and I try to plan them so they don't hit major holidays and the like, but we don't set about to start them on a weekend. Since we've been playing these for nigh on a decade, I imagine at least a few of them weren't started on weekends, but honestly I couldn't give you any numbers on it.

Actually, this one didn't even start on a weekend unless you count Friday evening as part of the weekend.

ktdids
11-03-2015, 04:25 AM
I'm voting for Guilty of the Crime, again!
There's not a lot that I don't like, or can kind of deal with, on this album, but this song I didn't bother to download to my computer.
I like Fast Company and Frail Grasp, but I get why some wouldn't.

GlennLover
11-03-2015, 08:42 AM

I wish he had made more of an effort to write more songs himself rather then relying on other writers (and I include Jack Tempchin in that; it is supposed to be an Eagles album).

As to the elimnation I believe we have had to use tiebreakers before in this situation. The rules are explained in the first post of the thread & are quite clear. I just happened to be on the computer when the question was asked.

For the record, I do like Frail Grasp On The Big Picture because it's a more unusual type of song (although it has to be said the lyrics could have come from Inside Job) and I do like the way Don sings it.

I agree with you whole heartedly on all the above, FP!

Brooke
11-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Not deliberately. Dreamer and I try to plan them so they don't hit major holidays and the like, but we don't set about to start them on a weekend. Since we've been playing these for nigh on a decade, I imagine at least a few of them weren't started on weekends, but honestly I couldn't give you any numbers on it.

Actually, this one didn't even start on a weekend unless you count Friday evening as part of the weekend.

I've always started my weekends when I left work on Friday! So much relief! :lol:

Didn't really matter except I missed a whole round, but that's my fault not yours. Just a bit miffed that I could have gotten that song outta here if I'd voted.

Jonny Come Lately
11-03-2015, 04:14 PM
I will again vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. It's not my least favourite of the songs remaining in the game, but given that I really like Frail Grasp I'd like to see that stay another round I feel I'd be wasting my vote if I voted for a different song. I don't mind too much if it goes soon as I know I'm unusual for liking it so much, but I didn't want it to be the first to go.

I have to admit that if I'd known Fast Company was in contention to leave the game last time I'd probably have voted for that rather ILTWAWD, but it seemed safe when I voted. ILTWAWD isn't to everyone's tastes, but it has charm and it's successful at being what it wants to be, which I don't feel Fast Company is - there are elements of it that I like, but on the whole I feel it doesn't quite know what kind of song it wants to be.

Glennsallnighter
11-03-2015, 05:47 PM
As with last round I wrote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture again

GlennLover
11-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Frail Grasp On The Big Picture

shunlvswx
11-03-2015, 07:41 PM
I love Don, but I vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture. Not a fan of this song.

UK TimFan
11-03-2015, 08:04 PM
I vote for 'It's your world now'.

11-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Of course, I wholeheartedly agree with you too, FP regarding I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. It seems to be one of those songs that people either love or hate. I totally get that people have different opinions and interpretations of songs, but I have to admit I really don’t get the ‘creepy’ criticism at all. There is not one single line in the song that gives me a creepy vibe. Quite frankly, my interpretation of the song is simple – I think it is freakin’ uber sexy. :blush: This imagery sends my mind to incredible places …

So we danced together, close and slow
So slow we're almost standing still
Her warm breath against my neck
Slowly breaking down my will
The room spins so I can barely stand
The song ends; then, she lets go of my hand

But, it looks like it will be going down this round, so I am going to vote strategically …

I cast my vote for No More Walks in the Wood.

11-03-2015, 09:12 PM
In a very close round, the next song to be eliminated in the Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. “I Love to Watch a Woman Dance", we’re sure there must be so much you don’t understand, but the tribe has spoken. Now, take yourself a million miles away to places you can't get to any other way, and please leave the island immediately.

Votes
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – 8
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – 7
Guilty of the Crime – 2
It’s Your World Now – 1
No More Walks in the Wood – 1

Vote Breakdown
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – NOLA
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – LuvTim
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – AlreadyGone95
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – DevineDon
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Funk 50
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Brooke
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Lacken101
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Jonny Come Lately
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – deb828
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – GlennLover
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – shunlvswx
Guilty of the Crime – Freypower
It’s Your World Now – UK TimFan
No More Walks in the Wood – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs Eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs Remaining:
No More Walks in the Wood
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
What Do I Do with My Heart
Guilty of the Crime
I Don't Want to Hear Any More
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
I Dreamed There Was No War
Somebody
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now

Voting for Round Three begins now.

sodascouts
11-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Shoot! I had high hopes that Frail Grasp would go this time. I won't give up!

I cast my vote for FRAIL GRASP ON THE BIG PICTURE!

L101
11-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Of course, I wholeheartedly agree with you too, FP regarding I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. It seems to be one of those songs that people either love or hate. I totally get that people have different opinions and interpretations of songs, but I have to admit I really don’t get the ‘creepy’ criticism at all. There is not one single line in the song that gives me a creepy vibe. Quite frankly, my interpretation of the song is simple – I think it is freakin’ uber sexy. :blush: This imagery sends my mind to incredible places

One last word on this. .. maybe creepy was the wrong word to use here but it was said as a joke on Halloween.
Still think the song is weird though :hmm:

11-03-2015, 09:26 PM
One last word on this. .. maybe creepy was the wrong word to use here but it was said as a joke on Halloween.
Still think the song is weird though :hmm:

Well L101, now that Halloween is over, hopefully, you won't get so weirded out the next time you hear the song. :wink: :grin:

Freypower
11-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Guilty Of The Crime

AlreadyGone95
11-03-2015, 10:35 PM
I don't find ILTWAWD creepy. I just don't like it. I can't describe why, but I can barely take 10 seconds of the song. On the other hand, I like Frail Grasp. Yes, the lyrics can be described as a kind of sneer against the average American, but I like it. I've met too many people who fit the song description.

With that being said, I'm gonna wait and see how others vote before I vote.

scottside
11-04-2015, 12:51 AM
Frail Grasp On The Big Picture, again.

ktdids
11-04-2015, 01:56 AM
I'm going with Guilty of the Crime, again.

Funk 50
11-04-2015, 05:30 AM
When I listen to the Hotel California album I can hear the attention to detail put into recording it. I can't believe the same band made I Don't Want to Hear Any More, which is a well constructed, if average song. The performance is sorta adequate, the tempo is lousy... imho

I'm wondering if Glenn and Don's recent solo albums have something to do with losing the knack of hitting a great rock tempo.

I vote for I Don't Want to Hear Any More.

UndertheWire
11-04-2015, 06:33 AM
I'm wondering if Glenn and Don's recent solo albums have something to do with losing the knack of hitting a great rock tempo.

You're just stirring again. A rock tempo would be out of place on both efforts.

I'm sticking with Frail Grasp on the Big Picture until it's gone.

NOLA
11-04-2015, 09:47 AM
I'll vote for Guilty of the Crime.

Of Joe's two leads on the LP, it's the one I like the least.

L101
11-04-2015, 10:05 AM
I'll go with Frail Grasp on the Big Picture this round. I like the music but not Don's vocals....

Brooke
11-04-2015, 10:42 AM
All I can say is thank God ILTWAWD is gone! I can't even listen to 10 seconds!

I will go with Frail Grasp on the Big Picture this time. Just don't really care to hear Don on a rant.

DivineDon
11-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Well, I have to be honest and say that I am not a fan of Timothy's leads in any of the songs he has sung. I can't abide ICTYW or LWKUA. I think he's brilliant at harmonising but I just don't like his voice singing leads - it's not strong enough or definite enough for me....so having said that I'm voting for I don't want to hear anymore

deb828
11-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Voting again for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture

GlennLover
11-04-2015, 10:09 PM
I voteDo Something. I love Timothy's voice but, I don't care much for either of his songs on LROOE. I like FGOTBP. I voted for it last round only to try & save ILTWAWD.

LuvTim
11-04-2015, 11:10 PM
I'm going with Guilty of the Crime.

11-05-2015, 12:47 AM
Well I don't usually vote this early, but I will be up in D.C. tomorrow night at Don's show when this round ends. So ...

I cast my vote for Frail Grasp of the Big Picture.

AlreadyGone95
11-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Enjoy the show Dreamer!

To try and save Frail Grasp, I vote for Guilty of the Crime. While I do like GOTC, I like Frail Grasp more.

Jonny Come Lately
11-05-2015, 03:04 PM
I'm fully with you there AG95. I enjoy Guilty of the Crime (I especially like the piano in the middle of the song), and if I was voting purely on personal preference there's others I'd want to see go before it, but I think I'd just be wasting my vote if I did that now. It looks like it's a straight fight between GOTC and Frail Grasp, and I'd prefer to save Frail Grasp if possible.

So Guilty Of The Crime it is then.

Glennsallnighter
11-05-2015, 03:25 PM
I will go for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture again

UK TimFan
11-05-2015, 05:06 PM

shunlvswx
11-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Frail Grasp On The Big Picture again for me.

sodascouts
11-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Sorry guys - at school basketball game - will post results when I get home.

sodascouts
11-06-2015, 12:35 AM
The next song to be eliminated in the Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Frail Grasp on the Big Picture. “Frail Grasp on the Big Picture", ain't it a shame, but the tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – 9
Guilty of the Crime – 7
I Don't Want to Hear Any More - 2
Do Something - 1
It’s Your World Now – 1

Vote Breakdown
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture - Lacken101
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture - Brooke
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – deb828
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture - Ive always been a dreamer
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – shunlvswx
Guilty of the Crime - NOLA
Guilty of the Crime - LuvTim
Guilty of the Crime - AlreadyGone95
Guilty of the Crime - Jonny Come Lately
I Don't Want to Hear Any More - Funk 50
I Don't Want to Hear Any More - DivineDon
Do Something - GlennLover
It's Your World Now - UK TimFan

Songs Eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs Remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now

Voting for Round Four begins now.

sodascouts
11-06-2015, 01:25 AM

Lovely harmonies but the melody isn't as strong as other songs on the album. It seems more of a showpiece for their vocals than a song that works on its own merits.

Funk 50
11-06-2015, 07:08 AM
I don't want to be voting for the same track over and over again. No More Walks In The Wood is a good shout sodascouts.

Two acapella tracks in a repertoire is one too many and I think Seven Bridges Road is acapella enough to own that catagory.

I like the lyrics and sentiment. The vocals are great but it ends up being a peripheral Long Road Out Of Eden track, when a largely vocal Eagles track shouldn't be.

I also vote for No More Walks In The Wood.

scottside
11-06-2015, 09:16 AM
I vote for "Guilty Of The Crime."

NOLA
11-06-2015, 09:20 AM
I'm voting for Guilty of the Crime again.

DivineDon
11-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Looks like Guilty of the crime is going down so I've no problem voting for it.

UndertheWire
11-06-2015, 11:05 AM
I haven't thought it through enough to be strategic, so I'll go for Guilty of the Crime as it's my second least favourite.

ktdids
11-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Sorry to see Frail Grasp go. This time I'll go for You Are Not Alone.

deb828
11-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Good Time in Town gets my vote. It is so long.

L101
11-06-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm voting for No More Walks In The Woods this round. I really don't like this song and think it's a terrible way to start the album. The vocals are good but maybe if they had it somewhere else on the album, it might have worked better.

AlreadyGone95
11-06-2015, 04:32 PM
To try and save GOTC, I'll vote for No More Walks in the Wood. It's near the bottom 5 on my list, and while enjoyable(love the harmonies), it's not one I listen to much.

Brooke
11-06-2015, 05:14 PM
I vote for Guilty of the Crime.

I love the harmonies on NMWITW.

Freypower
11-06-2015, 05:55 PM
Guilty Of The Crime

I still like NMWITW but they didn't write the lyrics & the 'and you, for ill, and I, am only a passer-by' part annoys me because it's so badly expressed.

LuvTim
11-06-2015, 09:44 PM
Guilty Of The Crime

GlennLover
11-06-2015, 10:43 PM
Do Something

Glennsallnighter
11-07-2015, 05:56 AM
Do Something

UK TimFan
11-07-2015, 04:27 PM

Jonny Come Lately
11-07-2015, 08:03 PM
I'll give my vote to No More Walks In The Woods.

maryc2130
11-07-2015, 08:30 PM
I vote for No More Cloudy Days - I find it quite annoying. The lyrics are trite and there's nothing special about the melody, IMHO.

11-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Well - my choice to go down this round was No More Walks in the Wood, but it's not to be. I actually like Guilty of the Crime a lot. Anyway, I am going to vote this round looking towards the future ...

I cast my vote for Busy Being Fabulous.

11-07-2015, 09:04 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Guilty of the Crime. “Guilty of the Crime”, the tribe has spoken and we are the judge and the jury. We took a look at you and read every line and decided to find another new love story. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Guilty of the Crime – 7
No More Walks in the Wood – 5
Do Something – 2
You Are Not Alone – 1
Last Good Time in Town – 1
It’s Your World Now – 1
No More Cloudy Days – 1
Busy Being Fabulous – 1

Vote Breakdown
Guilty of the Crime – scottside
Guilty of the Crime – NOLA
Guilty of the Crime – DevineDon
Guilty of the Crime – UndertheWire
Guilty of the Crime – Brooke
Guilty of the Crime – LuvTim
No More Walks in the Wood – sodascouts
No More Walks in the Wood – Funk 50
No More Walks in the Wood – Lacken101
No More Walks in the Wood – AlreadyGone95
No More Walks in the Wood – Jonny Come Lately
Do Something – GlennLover
Do Something – Glennsallnighter
You Are Not Alone – ktdids
Last Good Time in Town – deb828
It’s Your World Now – UK TimFan[
No More Cloudy Days – maryc2130
Busy Being Fabulous – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs Eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs Remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now

Voting for Round Five begins now.

sodascouts
11-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Aw, too bad. I liked that one.

Trying again....

ktdids
11-07-2015, 10:27 PM
I'll go for You Are Not Alone again.

GlennLover
11-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Do Something. It just doesn't "do anything" for me

Funk 50
11-08-2015, 07:44 AM
The four tracks that have already been voted off, have been constants on my play lists since 2007. I'm pleased that last one I voted for came close to exiting but I'm in this round, I'm back to voting for I Don't Want to Hear Any More.
That plodding drum beat intro, invariably has me reaching for the skip button. :|

scottside
11-08-2015, 10:08 AM
I vote for "You Are Not Alone." While I like the sentiments of the song, there is very little going for the melody and actually it sounds kind of familiar.

NOLA
11-08-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm voting for Do Something. Agree, GL, it doesn't 'do anything' for me, either. Of Timothy's two leads on the LP, it's the one I like the least.

AlreadyGone95
11-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Looks like this round is all over the place at the moment. I'm going to wait and see if I need to vote strategically or to save YANA.

DivineDon
11-08-2015, 01:27 PM
I don't want to hear anymore.... of I don't want to hear anymore lol

11-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Wow! We really are so all over the place with our votes this round. The way it’s going, we could have a really good song eliminated with only 3 or 4 votes, so I’m going suggest a coalition. I personally love Do Something and You Are Not Alone. They both have great lyrics and melodies, and lovely, soothing vocals. Do Something has gorgeous harmonies and You Are Not Alone exemplifies simplistic beauty. On the other hand, No More Walks in the Wood’s harmonies feel a bit forced or disjointed and its meandering melody just doesn’t rock my world.

So if you want to save Do Something or You Are Not Alone, let’s form an alliance …

VOTE FOR NO MORE WALKS IN THE WOOD!!!

I’ll wait to see if the alliance works before I vote.

AlreadyGone95
11-08-2015, 02:13 PM
I'll join the coalition. Do Something and YANA are in my top 10. No More isn't.

So, No More Walks in the Wood. Besides as rainy and cold as it is today, I don't wanna walk in the woods anyway lol!

L101
11-08-2015, 03:29 PM
I like YANA and I love the harmonies at the end of Do Something.

So I'll vote for No More Walks In The Woods again - I just don't like it.
I'd rather go for another walk in the woods if it meant that I didn't have to hear it again :grin:

LuvTim
11-08-2015, 05:55 PM
I like YANA and I love the harmonies at the end of Do Something.

So I'll vote for No More Walks In The Woods again - I just don't like it.
I'd rather go for another walk in the woods if it meant that I didn't have to hear it again :grin:

I happen to like NMWITW, myself, but, LOL Lacken...too funny. :grin:

Freypower
11-08-2015, 06:10 PM
I can happily join the coalition. I vote for No More Walks In The Wood.

deb828
11-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Good Time in Town, another try. Really like No More Walks....

shunlvswx
11-08-2015, 10:58 PM
I love Do Something and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore.

So I'm voting for No More Walks In The Wood.

Funk 50
11-09-2015, 08:07 AM
if you want to save Do Something or You Are Not Alone, let’s form an alliance …

VOTE FOR NO MORE WALKS IN THE WOOD!!!

I’ll wait to see if the alliance works before I vote.

What a cop out!

UndertheWire
11-09-2015, 08:28 AM
I like No More Walks in the Woods. I was going to wait to see what I could vote for to save it, but I always forget.

I vote for Do Something. I like the verses but not the chorus.

Brooke
11-09-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm voting for I Don't Want To Hear Anymore.

To me, it's a repeat of Love Will Keep Us Alive and I Can't Tell You Why. I wish they could have let Timothy sing something different .

Glennsallnighter
11-09-2015, 04:55 PM
I actually really like NMWIW so I just cant vote for it yet. My vote as last time is Do Something, and apologies to Dreamer and those who DO like that song a lot.

UK TimFan
11-09-2015, 05:35 PM
I vote for 'Center of the Universe'.

Jonny Come Lately
11-09-2015, 06:12 PM
I'll stick with No More Walks In The Woods. I really like most of the others are getting a few votes - Do Something, You Are Not Alone and Last Good Time in particular.

sad-cafe
11-09-2015, 08:52 PM
I'll stick with No More Walks In The Woods. I really like most of the others are getting a few votes - Do Something, You Are Not Alone and Last Good Time in particular.

I love those too!

My Jeep has a CD stuck in the player...the LROOE the one with No More Walks in the Woods :) if there has to be a CD stuck in it...

11-09-2015, 08:58 PM
What a cop out!

Sorry F50, you can think it's a cop out, but I call it strategy. You don't have to like how other choose to vote or play the game, but please remember it's against the rules to criticize how others play. Some of us have been playing strategically since the inception of the game and it's well within the rules. You can PM me if you want to discuss this further. So since it looks like the coalition will work this time, I'll join in ...

11-09-2015, 09:12 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is No More Walks in the Wood. “No More Walks in the Wood”, the tribe has spoken and we say you lasted as long as you could, but now you are gone for good. So please leave the island immediately and find another place to make your own weather.

Votes
No More Walks in the Wood – 7
Do Something – 4
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – 3
You Are Not Alone – 2
Last Good Time in Town – 1
Center of the Universe – 1

Vote Breakdown
No More Walks in the Wood – sodascouts
No More Walks in the Wood – AlreadyGone95
No More Walks in the Wood – Lacken101
No More Walks in the Wood – Freypower
No More Walks in the Wood – shunlvswx
No More Walks in the Wood – Jonny Come Lately
No More Walks in the Wood – Ive always been a dreamer
Do Something – NOLA
Do Something – UndertheWire
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – Funk 50
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – DevineDon
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – Brooke
You Are Not Alone – ktdids
You Are Not Alone – scottside
Center of the Universe – UK TimFan

Songs Eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs Remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now

Voting for Round Six begins now.

ktdids
11-10-2015, 12:48 AM
Too bad about No More Walks in the Woods, I guess I'm in the minority that likes it. This round I'll go with Do Something.

sodascouts
11-10-2015, 12:52 AM
Hmm, it's getting harder now! I'll give it some thought.

AlreadyGone95
11-10-2015, 01:01 AM
Same here, Soda. I'm tempted to vote for the next lowest on my list(Business as Usual), but since no one has voted for it at all during the game, I don't know. :hmm: decisions, decisions

UndertheWire
11-10-2015, 05:19 AM
The best part of my choice not being voted off last time is I can pick it again.

Do Something

Funk 50
11-10-2015, 06:57 AM
Sorry F50, you can think it's a cop out, but I call it strategy. You don't have to like how other choose to vote or play the game, but please remember it's against the rules to criticize how others play.

Sorry, I thought it was against the rules to criticize how others vote. As it wasn't a vote, I decided it was fair game.

This round I vote for Last Good Time In Town. I dislike the title. It don't rock my boat. I was hoping that I could fall in love with a live version of the song but neither The Eagles or Joe have played it live and I aint gonna see a tribute band play it.

When Joe's Analog Man came out, I stuck Last Good Time in with those tracks but it just didn't match up. I dig the groove, the trombone's a nice touch but it's one of Joe's inessential tracks imho. I've noticed that JD Souther tends to omit LGTIT, when listing the song he co-wrote for the Eagles. :?

scottside
11-10-2015, 10:31 AM
I vote for "Do Something."

Brooke
11-10-2015, 10:45 AM
I Don't Want to Hear Anymore

NOLA
11-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Voting for Do Something again.

Keith
11-10-2015, 11:18 AM
It's a beautiful peace (piece) of music, and a wonderful title, but I'm a fan of a vocal band. I vote for "I Dreamed There Was No War".

DivineDon
11-10-2015, 12:03 PM
I don't want to hear anymore

Topkat
11-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Joining in on this one. Have been out of the loop for awhile.
Voting for

DO SOMETHING

L101
11-10-2015, 03:29 PM
I'll go with Business as usual this time. I like the other songs voted for in this round more.

Freypower
11-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I think Do Something is a beautiful song, and one which Tim & Don wrote, which has a message. The votes for it baffle me when in my view the next song to go should be the terminally bland I Don't Want To Hear Any More, which gets my vote.

deb828
11-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Last Good Time In Town. And it is so long--seven plus minutes!

AlreadyGone95
11-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Since it looks like one of Timothy's songs will go down this round, I vote for Business as Usual.

11-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Sorry, I thought it was against the rules to criticize how others vote. As it wasn't a vote, I decided it was fair game.

Fair game for what, F50? I think the vast majority of folks who play this game understand that the spirit of the rule extends to discussing and playing the game as well as the voting. I’m not sure I understand your purpose in exploiting a loophole regarding the verbiage of the rule. We have been playing these games with only minor tweeking of the rules for nearly a decade now, and overall, they have served us well. Normally, I would not have even responded to your original post, but seeing as how there were several complaints from other members, I decided to address it. If you have a legitimate concern about the rules interfering with your enjoyment of the game, please don’t hesitate to PM either sodascouts or myself. If you are simply in opposition to some of the rules, then you can always opt out from participating. Otherwise, we should all make an effort to keep the tone of this thread respectful and non-confrontational so that other’s enjoyment of the game isn’t affected. Thanks.

Jonny Come Lately
11-11-2015, 03:06 PM
I vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More. I quite like it, but out of Tim's two vocals on the album I definitely prefer Do Something, which is quite high up my list of favourites on the album - I just think it's a really good song all round.

11-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Okay - I was thinking it may be too late to save Do Something, but maybe not since there a still quite a few outstanding votes. As I said earlier, I love the song and hate to see it go so early in the game. I like I Don't Want to Hear Any More too, but not as much as Do Something. So - if you want to save Do Something, join with those of us who have voted for IDWTHAM. So let me make it official ...

I cast my vote for I Don't Want to Hear Any More.

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2015, 05:47 PM
I Dont want to Hear Any More

UK TimFan
11-11-2015, 06:47 PM

shunlvswx
11-11-2015, 06:49 PM
I love both of Timothy's songs, but I like Do Something better. So to save, Do Something, I'm voting for I Don't Want to Hear Anymore.

GlennLover
11-11-2015, 07:11 PM
I vote Do Something. (Sorry Dreamer)

sodascouts
11-11-2015, 08:24 PM

Wait - are you saying that you feel free to rudely criticize other people as long as they're not casting a vote?

Am I misunderstanding you?

Here's the rule of thumb not just here, but everywhere on the board: be nice to other posters.

I hate to think that needs to be spelled out in the rules of the game, but I guess I could go reword the one in question. If anyone wants to PM me suggestions as to how to word it so that someone doesn't think it's OK to be rude, feel free!

sodascouts
11-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Oh, and -

I cast my vote for Last Good Time in Town.

11-11-2015, 09:07 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is I Don’t Want to Hear Any More. “I Don’t Want to Hear Any More”, you may have sensed that something was wrong, so we’ll try to break this to you gently – the tribe has spoken. You are old enough to know what that things don’t always work out like they should, so please leave the island immediately.

Votes
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – 7
Do Something – 6
Last Good Time in Town – 3
Business As Usual – 2
I Dreamed There Was No War – 1

Vote Breakdown
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – Brooke
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – DivineDon
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – Freypower
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – Jonny Come Lately
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – Ive always been a dreamer[
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Glennsallnighter
I Don't Want to Hear Any More – shunlvswx
Do Something – ktdids
Do Something – scottside
Do Something – NOLA
Do Something – Topkat
Last Good Time in Town – Funk 50
Last Good Time in Town – sodascouts
Business As Usual – Lacken101
Business As Usual – AlreadyGone95
I Dreamed There Was No War – Keith

Songs Eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs Remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now

Voting for Round Seven begins now.

Freypower
11-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Last Good Time In Town

scottside
11-12-2015, 12:26 AM
Last Good Time In Town

ktdids
11-12-2015, 12:47 AM
It's Your World Now

DivineDon
11-12-2015, 03:51 AM
Last good time in town - just goes on too long

Keith
11-12-2015, 07:51 AM
"I Dreamed There Was No War":thumbsdown:

Brooke
11-12-2015, 10:38 AM
I Dreamed There Was No War gets my vote this time.

It's a beautiful instrumental piece, but I prefer to hear our guys sing.

AlreadyGone95
11-13-2015, 11:48 AM
Because I like I Dreamed There was no War more, I vote for Last Good Time in Town. It does drag a bit at the end there.

UndertheWire
11-13-2015, 11:57 AM
I like Last Good Night in Town, so I'm voting for I dreamed there was no war. I like it but it's short.

Topkat
11-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Voting for

NO MORE CLOUDY DAYS

L101
11-13-2015, 04:00 PM
I vote for I Dreamed There Was No War - it is a beautiful piece, just seems a bit out of place on LROOE

shunlvswx
11-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Last Good Time in Town

UK TimFan
11-13-2015, 05:14 PM

Jonny Come Lately
11-13-2015, 05:25 PM
I love both Last Good Time In Town and I Dreamed There Was No War, so it looks like we might be saying goodbye to one of my favourites. I honestly couldn't vote for either one of them at this stage, I think they are both great. Having said that, I'm quite pleased that Do Something appears to be safe for another round, it was only just saved last time.

I vote for No More Cloudy Days. It's nice, but I personally find it does least for me out of the remaining songs.

deb828
11-13-2015, 06:51 PM
Last Good Time In Town--one more time

Glennsallnighter
11-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Fast Company

Freypower
11-13-2015, 07:35 PM
GA, Fast Company has already been eliminated. I don't think you can change your vote.

sodascouts
11-13-2015, 09:01 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Last Good Time in Town. The tribe has spoken. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Last Good Time in Town – 6
I Dreamed There Was No War – 4
No More Cloudy Days - 2
It's Your World Now - 1

Vote Breakdown
Last Good Time in Town - Freypower
Last Good Time in Town - scottside
Last Good Time in Town - DivineDon
Last Good Time in Town - AlreadyGone95
Last Good Time in Town -shunlvswx
I Dreamed There Was No War – Keith
I Dreamed There Was No War - Brooke
I Dreamed There Was No War - UndertheWire
I Dreamed There Was No War - Lacken101
No More Cloudy Days - Topkat
No More Cloudy Days - Jonny Come Lately
It's Your World Now - ktdids
Center of the Universe - UK TimFan

Songs Eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs Remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now

Voting for Round Eight begins now.

Freypower
11-13-2015, 09:40 PM
I hate to do this but I Dreamed There Was No War. Grammy or not, it's hard to think of it as an Eagles song when only one of them seems to appear on it.

scottside
11-14-2015, 12:18 AM
I vote for "No More Cloudy Days."

DivineDon
11-14-2015, 08:14 AM
Centre of the Universe - Not a favourite of mine but I really like I Dreamed There Was No War

UndertheWire
11-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Centre of the Universe is one of my favourites. I'll renew the attack on Do Something.

sodascouts
11-14-2015, 01:25 PM
This may be a controversial choice, but I am going to vote for the title track. It is overlong to the point of self-indulgence, and I don't like the "Middle Eastern sound effects" employed just in case you didn't get what Eden was supposed to represent. The song is good, but it could have been great with a little more self-restraint and subtlety.

I cast my vote for Long Road out of Eden.

GlennLover
11-14-2015, 03:58 PM
Do Something. I too like Center Of The Universe.

ktdids
11-15-2015, 12:11 AM
I'll go with It's Your World Now again.

Keith
11-15-2015, 08:49 AM
"I Dreamed There Was No War":thumbsdown:

deb828
11-15-2015, 11:14 AM
Business as Usual

AlreadyGone95
11-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Good grief, we're all over the place here. I vote for Business as Usual. It's the lowest one on my list that's still in play.

L101
11-15-2015, 03:16 PM
I vote for I Dreamed There Was No War again. I'd love for Do Something to stay a bit longer :smile:

Glennsallnighter
11-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Do Something

LuvTim
11-15-2015, 05:46 PM
!AAAcckk!!! This is very painful for me. I don't think I'm cut out for this game--I love almost everything on this album and can't stand the idea of booting any one of them off the island!! I even liked the ones I've already voted off. :-(

OK. I'll suck it up and vote for I Dreamed There Was No War, even though I like it. I don't want to see Do Something go down.

Jonny Come Lately
11-15-2015, 06:20 PM
I'll vote for No More Cloudy Days again.

I can understand where people are coming from when they say that IDTWNW sounds more like a Glenn Frey track than an Eagles ones, but in my experience most short instrumental pieces tend to be like that - Jimmy Page is the only member of Led Zeppelin to appear on Black Mountain Side and Bron-Yr-Aur, the same is true for Steve Hackett and Genesis with Horizons from the Foxtrot album, and like IDTWNW, all of these songs are very short (two minutes or less in length). Therefore Glenn being the only Eagle on the song really doesn't affect my opinion of it all.

I absolutely love it and I think it's a beautiful piece - I'm not saying it should win the game, and given the choice between save IDTWNW and Do Something I'd rather keep the latter, but I definitely prefer it to NMCD so I'll go with my heart here.

shunlvswx
11-15-2015, 07:20 PM
I voting for I Dreamed There Was No War

deb828
11-15-2015, 07:59 PM
!AAAcckk!!! This is very painful for me. I don't think I'm cut out for this game--I love almost everything on this album and can't stand the idea of booting any one of them off the island!! I even liked the ones I've already voted off. :-(

OK. I'll suck it up and vote for I Dreamed There Was No War, even though I like it. I don't want to see Do Something go down.

Totally agree with you--it is getting much more difficult to choose.

sodascouts
11-15-2015, 09:11 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is I Dreamed There Was No War. "I Dreamed There Was No War", I'm afraid the the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
I Dreamed There Was No War – 5
Do Something - 3
No More Cloudy Days - 2
Business As Usual -2
It's Your World Now - 1
Long Road Out of Eden - 1

Vote Breakdown
I Dreamed There Was No War - Freypower
I Dreamed There Was No War - Keith
I Dreamed There Was No War - Lacken101
I Dreamed There Was No War - LuvTim
I Dreamed There Was No War - shunlvswx
Do Something - UndertheWire
Do Something - Glennsallnighter
No More Cloudy Days - scottside
Business as Usual - deb828
Business as Usual - AlreadyGone9
Center of the Universe - DivineDon
Long Road Out of Eden - sodascouts
It's Your World Now - ktdids

Songs Eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01

Songs Remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now

Voting for Round Nine begins now.

Freypower
11-15-2015, 09:32 PM
Busy Being Fabulous

It hasn't aged well. I am struck by its similarity in terms of lyrics to Take A Picture Of This.

sodascouts
11-15-2015, 09:42 PM
I'm a bit sad that out of all the times it could go, we lost "I Dreamed There Was No War" this weekend.

Oh well. Once again...

I cast my vote for Long Road Out of Eden.

scottside
11-15-2015, 11:42 PM
No More Cloudy Days

DivineDon
11-16-2015, 06:07 AM
Centre of the Universe

Keith
11-16-2015, 09:10 AM
"Somebody":thumbsdown:

Brooke
11-16-2015, 10:42 AM

AlreadyGone95
11-16-2015, 12:34 PM

Brooke, IDTWNW was voted off last round.

Again, we're all over the place with our votes!

Brooke
11-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Brooke, IDTWNW was voted off last round.

Again, we're all over the place with our votes!

:doh: I knew that! So, can I vote again or not?

L101
11-16-2015, 05:57 PM

Brooke - we call that a "Senior Moment" :smile:

Soda, I agree with you about LROOE but I'm not ready to vote that off yet.
So this round, I'm voting for Business As Usual

deb828
11-16-2015, 07:42 PM
Business As Usual

Topkat
11-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Voting for

NO MORE CLOUDY DAYS

sodascouts
11-16-2015, 11:41 PM
I am afraid not - sorry!

AlreadyGone95
11-17-2015, 12:36 AM
I'm going ahead and voting for the song that I've been voting for, Business as Usual.

ktdids
11-17-2015, 01:49 AM
I guess I'm one of the few who likes Business as Usual. I guess I will go back to Do Something.

UndertheWire
11-17-2015, 07:47 AM
I like the chorus of Business as Usual, so I'm picking the chorus I don't like.
I vote for Do Something

Glennsallnighter
11-17-2015, 08:01 AM
I had a Senior Moment last week too Brooke so I'm glad you arent the only one. I too am sorry that IDTWNW went over this awful weekend.

This round I will vote off Do Something

L101
11-17-2015, 08:41 AM
I forgot about your Senior Moment GA - hope its not spreading ;-) :smile:

Brooke
11-17-2015, 11:17 AM
My senior moments seem to be coming all too often these days! :brickwall:

GlennLover
11-17-2015, 12:04 PM
Do Something

shunlvswx
11-17-2015, 12:43 PM
I like Do Something. Even though I love Don, I'm voting for Business As Usual to try to save Do Something.

LuvTim
11-17-2015, 02:16 PM
I agree with Shun. I really like our Don and BAU but I really love Do Something, so I'm voting for Business As Usual.

Freypower
11-17-2015, 04:37 PM
I guess I'm one of the few who likes Business as Usual. I guess I will go back to Do Something.

Just to reassure you - I love BAU. I think it's a song that has matured & is more enjoyable to listen to as well as relevant the more time goes by.

Glennsallnighter
11-17-2015, 05:28 PM
BAU's relevance seems to get stronger all the time.

Jonny Come Lately
11-17-2015, 06:52 PM
I also really like Business As Usual - the music and lyrics are both great IMO. When I first heard it, I liked it a bit but it didn't stand out to me particularly, but it's really grown on me and I now love it. Unfortunately for me, I'm also a big fan of Do Something, so it looks like I'll have to say goodbye to another personal favourite!

I will again vote for No More Cloudy Days, partly because I still feel it is the weakest song remaining but also because it has picked up a couple of other votes and therefore I can hope (probably in vain) that it accrues some other late votes, enabling both BAU and DS to be saved.

11-17-2015, 07:33 PM
I also love Business As Usual. So, although I love Do Something too, I'd rather try to save BAU - so ...

I cast my vote for Do Something.

sodascouts
11-17-2015, 08:36 PM
I really like both "Do Something" and "Business as Usual", but I prefer BAU. I'm surprised at all the votes it's getting, but I guess you never can tell.

Meanwhile, I seem to stand alone in my vote!

UK TimFan
11-17-2015, 08:58 PM
I vote for 'Business as usual'.

sodascouts
11-17-2015, 09:04 PM
Oh, that's harsh, UK TimFan. I had just tallied up the tiebreaker votes for BAU and DS and come up with a quasi-clever goodbye post for DS. Goes to show it doesn't always pay to be prepared. ;)

sodascouts
11-17-2015, 09:05 PM
In a close round, the next song to be eliminated in the Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Business As Usual. I know you tried to be righteous and tried to do good, but the tribe has spoken and it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Business As Usual - 6
Do Something - 5
No More Cloudy Days - 3
Busy Being Fabulous - 1
Long Road Out of Eden - 1
Somebody - 1

Vote Breakdown
Business as Usual - Lacken101
Business as Usual - deb828
Business as Usual - AlreadyGone9
Business as Usual - shunluvswx
Business as Usual - LuvTim
Business as Usual - UK TimFan
Do Something - ktdids
Do Something - UndertheWire
Do Something - Glennsallnighter
Do Something - Ive always been a dreamer
No More Cloudy Days - scottside
No More Cloudy Days - Topkat
Busy Being Fabulous - Freypower
Long Road Out of Eden - sodascouts
Center of the Universe - DivineDon
Somebody - Keith

Songs Eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01
Business as Usual 11/17

Songs Remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now

Voting for Round Ten begins now.

UK TimFan
11-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Oh, that's harsh, UK TimFan. I had just tallied up the tiebreaker votes for BAU and DS and come up with a quasi-clever goodbye post for DS. Goes to show it doesn't always pay to be prepared. ;)

Sorry, Soda. I left my vote late in case anyone else came along and voted for DS which would have meant my vote would have been useless in the fight to save it.
I expect (sadly) it won't be too many rounds in the future that you'll be able to use your 'farewell DS' post. :weep:

ktdids
11-17-2015, 09:53 PM
I'll go with Do Something again.

Freypower
11-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Busy Being Fabulous

Do Something has always been a favourite of mine.

scottside
11-18-2015, 12:15 AM
No More Cloudy Days

Keith
11-18-2015, 06:38 AM
Somebody

DivineDon
11-18-2015, 09:57 AM
I seem to be in the minority but I'm still voting off Centre of the Universe

Brooke
11-18-2015, 10:27 AM
I vote for You Are Not Alone.

It's pretty, but I don't think it's as good a song as the remaining.

L101
11-18-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm gonna go for Somebody this round

DivineDon
11-18-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm gonna go for Somebody this round

Ooooooh Lacken, I love Somebody!!!!:o

L101
11-18-2015, 12:11 PM
Ooooooh Lacken, I love Somebody!!!!:o

;-) I like it to a point, but then it annoys me :hmm:
I really like Centre of the Universe though....it's kinda haunting. .. :grin:

Topkat
11-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Voting again for

NO MORE CLOUDY DAYS

deb828
11-18-2015, 08:47 PM
I vote for "Somebody"

AlreadyGone95
11-19-2015, 02:36 AM
I was going to vote for BBF this round, but since Somebody is endanger of being eliminated, I vote for No More Cloudy Days

Save Somebody. Vote for No More Cloudy Days

Glennsallnighter
11-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Well voting for either Somebody or NMCD is like voting off one of my kids. I simply can't do it!!
So I will stay this round for 'Do Something'

Brooke
11-19-2015, 03:34 PM
I've loved 'Somebody' since this album came out and was just shocked at Glenn's voice in it at the time. Was it really Glenn? Love!

SAVE SOMEBODY!

shunlvswx
11-19-2015, 04:41 PM
I like Somebody. I want to save Somebody and Do Something. So I'm voting for my other least favorite song on the album.

I'm voting for No More Cloudy Days. I never really liked the song.

Jonny Come Lately
11-19-2015, 05:21 PM
I'm happy to join the coalition and vote for No More Cloudy Days.

I'm quite surprised that Somebody is in such peril at this stage - it's one of my favourites and my impression is that a fair few other Borderers love it too. I hope to see it go far, I think it's a terrific lead vocal and a strong, bold rocker. It's in my personal top five tracks from the album for sure. I'd be sorry to see it go before NMCD, which I find is just not as strong a tune.

As an aside, I've noticed that so far there are (I think) three songs that have yet to receive a vote. The first two are to my mind not unexpected, I won't name check them but you can probably work out which ones I mean. Both are in my experience immensely popular with Eagles fans. The third song though I have to say has perhaps surprised me a little more - I knew it had a few big fans but never thought of it as a huge fan favourite.

scottside
11-19-2015, 05:43 PM
I'm happy to join the coalition and vote for No More Cloudy Days.

I'm quite surprised that Somebody is in such peril at this stage - it's one of my favourites and my impression is that a fair few other Borderers love it too. I hope to see it go far, I think it's a terrific lead vocal and a strong, bold rocker. It's in my personal top five tracks from the album for sure. I'd be sorry to see it go before NMCD, which I find is just not as strong a tune.

As an aside, I've noticed that so far there are (I think) three songs that have yet to receive a vote. The first two are to my mind not unexpected, I won't name check them but you can probably work out which ones I mean. Both are in my experience immensely popular with Eagles fans. The third song though I have to say has perhaps surprised me a little more - I knew it had a few big fans but never thought of it as a huge fan favourite.

Would those songs be
1)How Long
2)Waiting in the Weeds
3)What Do I Do With My Heart?

Just curious....

LuvTim
11-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Agree with Shun again.
I vote for No More Cloudy Days.

GlennLover
11-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Well voting for either Somebody or NMCD is like voting off one of my kids. I simply can't do it!!
So I will stay this round for 'Do Something'

I feel the same way, GA & so I am casting my vote for Do Something as well.

UndertheWire
11-19-2015, 06:23 PM
I've been holding back in case I had to save "Somebody" by sacrificing "No More Cloudy Days" but unless there are some late entrants to the game, it should be safe. Yet again, my vote goes for "Do Something".

I'm surprised "It's Your World Now" is unscathed.

UK TimFan
11-19-2015, 08:58 PM

11-19-2015, 08:59 PM
It looks like No More Cloudy Days is going down, so I am going to vote strategically ...

I cast my vote for Busy Being Fabulous.

11-19-2015, 09:08 PM
The next song to be eliminated in the Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is No More Cloudy Days. “No More Cloudy Days”, it breaks our heart when someone leaves, but the tribe has spoken. There are no more second chances so I hope you know a place where you can go because you must please leave the island immediately.

Votes
No More Cloudy Days – 6
Do Something – 4
Somebody – 3
Center of the Universe – 2
Busy Being Fabulous – 2
You Are Not Alone – 1

Vote Breakdown
No More Cloudy Days – scottside
No More Cloudy Days – Topkat
No More Cloudy Days – AlreadyGone95
No More Cloudy Days – shunlvswx
No More Cloudy Days – Jonny Come Lately
No More Cloudy Days – LuvTim
Do Something – ktdids
Somebody – Keith
Somebody – Lacken101
Somebody – deb828
Busy Being Fabulous – Freypower
Busy Being Fabulous – Ive always been a dreamer
Center of the Universe – DivineDon
You Are Not Alone – Brooke

Songs Eliminated:
Fast Company 11/01
Business as Usual 11/17
No More Cloudy Days 11/19

Songs Remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Waiting in the Weeds
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Center of the Universe
It's Your World Now

Voting for Round Eleven begins now.

Freypower
11-19-2015, 09:14 PM
I want Busy Being Fabulous gone. But if Somebody is under threat I will now reluctantly vote for Do Something.

sodascouts
11-19-2015, 11:01 PM
I'll get on that train too, FP.

"Somebody" rocks my world!

AlreadyGone95
11-19-2015, 11:11 PM
I'll go ahead and vote for Do Something as well. I enjoy that song, but I absolutely love Somebody. I love how Glenn sings it!

scottside
11-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Do Something

Jonny Come Lately
11-20-2015, 03:33 AM
Would those songs be
1)How Long
2)Waiting in the Weeds
3)What Do I Do With My Heart?

Just curious....

Yes indeed :smile:! I knew nobody had voted for the first two, but went back to check the latter and I've found that so far no one has voted for WDIDWMH either. A couple of others are fairly close - the title track has only received a couple of votes so far, and Busy Being Fabulous has only received its first votes in the last two rounds. I just thought it was interesting to observe this now half the songs are gone (10 songs eliminated with the other 10 remaining).

I'll have to think quite carefully about this round. To help my decide, I've made a playlist consisting of the remaining 10 tracks and will listen to this before making my choice. There are four which I will definitely not be voting for at this stage, and as much as I love Somebody, I'd prefer not to vote for Do Something unless absolutely necessary, so I think it could be any one of the other five.

DivineDon
11-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Here we go again. I love Somebody so it has to be Centre of the Universe!!!

Keith
11-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Somebody :thumbsdown:

Brooke
11-20-2015, 11:00 AM
I love Center of the Universe and Somebody, so I'm voting for

What Do I Do With My Heart

Again, very pretty, but not really Eagley.

UndertheWire
11-20-2015, 11:09 AM
Do Something, please go.

GlennLover
11-20-2015, 11:49 AM
Do Something

Topkat
11-20-2015, 01:35 PM
I joined the game a little late but I was really shocked to see that Fast Company was the first song to go!! I really LOVE that song. Also surprised to see No More Walks In the Woods, & Guilty of the Crime also Already Gone!
I love all 3 of those songs. I guess this album has a wide variety of styles on it, so different stokes for different folks as they say!

Really torn on my vote this round....

Topkat
11-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Voting for:

SOMEBODY:thumbsdown:

deb828
11-20-2015, 06:55 PM
"Somebody" gets my vote. But really, I like all of the remaining songs, and some of the ones already gone, so it is tough.

L101
11-20-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm going with Somebody again :-)

maryc2130
11-20-2015, 08:13 PM
I'll vote for Somebody, as well.

LuvTim
11-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Again, it's difficult, because I like the song, but I'm voting for Somebody.

11-21-2015, 02:39 AM
Wow - I am totally shocked about the number of votes for Somebody. It has always seemed to be fan favorite in the past, finishing in the Top 5 in our previous Survivor games. Since there hasn't really been any discussion so far, I'd be very interested in hearing any comments about why folks think it should be eliminated at this juncture in the game. The reason I think it should stay is because to me, it is a really good song and better than several of the other remaining songs. It absolutely rocks and has everything a good song should - great lyrics, vocals, harmonies, melody, and music, and all delivered with such passion and energy.

I had lobbied to save Do Something when it was on the brink of elimination a few rounds ago, but I don't like it nearly as much as Somebody. I was in hopes that It's Your World Now or Center of the Universe would go this time because I feel like they are the weakest songs remaining. But, unfortunately, it looks like the only way to save Somebody is ban together and not to split the votes. So, if you want to save Somebody, join with me ...

SAVE SOMEBODY!!!

VOTE FOR DO SOMETHING!!!

maryc2130
11-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Personally, I like Somebody, probably better than It's Your World Now or Center of the Universe. But people seemed to be voting for Somebody or Do Something, and I like Do Something better. In fact, I like all Timothy's songs, and they haven't fared well in these games.

L101
11-21-2015, 02:07 PM
I listened to Somebody and Do Something again today on my flight to the UK. I like both songs but I picked Somebody as although it's a great rockin tune, I just don't like how Glenn sounds on it, especially the chorus part.

And that's just my reason as it's going to get harder now to pick a song to vote out .....

shunlvswx
11-21-2015, 03:33 PM
I can't vote against Somebody or Do Something. I like both songs.

So I'm voting for Its Your World Now.

Keith
11-21-2015, 05:42 PM
Wow - I am totally shocked about the number of votes for Somebody. It has always seemed to be fan favorite in the past, finishing in the Top 5 in our previous Survivor games. Since there hasn't really been any discussion so far, I'd be very interested in hearing any comments about why folks think it should be eliminated at this juncture in the game. The reason I think it should stay is because to me, it is a really good song and better than several of the other remaining songs. It absolutely rocks and has everything a good song should - great lyrics, vocals, harmonies, melody, and music, and all delivered with such passion and energy.

I had lobbied to save Do Something when it was on the brink of elimination a few rounds ago, but I don't like it nearly as much as Somebody. I was in hopes that It's Your World Now or Center of the Universe would go this time because I feel like they are the weakest songs remaining. But, unfortunately, it looks like the only way to save Somebody is ban together and not to split the votes. So, if you want to save Somebody, join with me ...

SAVE SOMEBODY!!!

VOTE FOR DO SOMETHING!!!

Dreamer, since you pointed out that there hasn't been much discussion, I'll add a bit. I don't dislike, "Somebody". It's just my least favorite of the remaining songs. Purely subjective. I listened to the album and sat aside my favorites. Then I compared what was left. It's hard for me to believe that "Somebody" performed so well in the past. Taste is a funny thing. :shrug:

Jonny Come Lately
11-21-2015, 06:29 PM
I've listened to my playlist consisting of the remaining tracks, and when I listened to the songs, my four top favourites have not changed but I felt that Do Something was my next favourite and under different circumstances I would not have considered voting for it this round. However, I've had to think very carefully before voting as Somebody - which is one of my top four - is in serious peril. Without doing the maths, I think Somebody would probably win on tie break, but as I think by this stage it seems that either Somebody or Do Something will go this round, I feel that if I vote for any other song this will make no difference in this round and will leave one of my big favourites at risk of elimination.

Therefore, regrettably, I feel I have to vote for Do Something. I guess I think I have to, ahem, do something to try to save Somebody. ;-)