PDA

View Full Version : Loggins and Messina

OntheBorder74
11-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Don't think I saw a thread for this but wondered what Eagles fans thought of Loggins and Messina, who did a variety of music. Favourite song?

sodascouts
11-14-2015, 02:59 PM
I like a couple of Kenny Loggins' solo songs, but I'm afraid I don't know much by Loggins and Messina.

Roey
11-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Angry Eyes and Lahaina immediately come to mind. I saw them at MSG in late 70's . I see Jim Messina's name connected to many music projects.

shunlvswx
11-14-2015, 04:29 PM
I like a few of their songs. Watching the River Run, Angry Eyes, Danny's Song, House on Pooh Corner and Your Mama Don't Dance. I'm more of a Kenny Loggins fan. My anniversary of seeing him in concert for the first time was just this week. I saw him back in 2012.

Freypower
11-14-2015, 04:53 PM
I presume you all know that Al Garth, the Eagles' & Glenn's former sax player, used to play with Loggins & Messina?

I know Your Mama Don't Dance but only Anne Murray's version of Danny's Song, which I love. By Loggins I only know Footloose & Danger Zone (he went through a period like Glenn, where he became associated with movie soundtracks - Danger Zone is from Top Gun).

Roey
11-14-2015, 07:24 PM
Jim was part of Buffalo Springfield and a founding member of Poco.

shunlvswx
11-14-2015, 09:38 PM
I presume you all know that Al Garth, the Eagles' & Glenn's former sax player, used to play with Loggins & Messina?

I know Your Mama Don't Dance but only Anne Murray's version of Danny's Song, which I love. By Loggins I only know Footloose & Danger Zone (he went through a period like Glenn, where he became associated with movie soundtracks - Danger Zone is from Top Gun).

They would call Kenny "the King of the Movie Soundtracks."

I think I remembered Al in Loggins and Messina. I think he was also backup musician for Poco too. I could be wrong on that one.

AlreadyGone95
11-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Loggins and Messina's hits were played throughout my childhood. I absolutely love Danny's Song and Angry Eyes. I like Your Mama Don't Dance, but my mom's antics whenever the song came on the radio kind of stopped me from loving the song. I'm familiar with Footloose and Danger Zone. Again 2 well played songs. I love Buffalo Springfield, so I know of Jim's involvement in that band. Plus now I'm familiar with Poco somewhat.

LuvTim
11-15-2015, 06:08 PM
I always enjoyed Loggins and Messina. I had the "Full Sail" album back in the 70's. Loved 'Watching the River Run." :smile:

OntheBorder74
11-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Yeah my favourite is Watching the River Run, the great vocals remind me of Eagles vocal arrangements just guess that was the thing at the time. I just like the Eagles they did a variety of music, I think the song that sums up their style best is Vahevala (the short version I mean) because they always had that yacht rock flute and sax sound. I think I prefer the rock sounds of the Eagles more tho