PDA

View Full Version : Timothy B. Schmit at Stars To The Rescue, Walnut Creek CA - Jan. 30 2016

Freypower
01-12-2016, 06:57 PM
https://www.arflife.org/arf-events/833/stars-to-the-rescue

Soda, please change the title of this thread if it doesn't conform with the board standards.

MaryCalifornia
01-12-2016, 09:55 PM
We pondered in the Timothy threads if a VIP ticket gets you happy hour with TBS! We have seen photos of him at the event in prior years, cocktailing it up. Unfortunately, I cannot go :weep:

LuvTim
01-13-2016, 12:08 AM
I think it's January 30th, rather than June. And I can't go either. :weep:

Ive always been a dreamer
01-13-2016, 01:43 PM
I went ahead and corrected the date in the title of the thread so as to avoid any confusion.

And shoot - I am bombed that none of us can go to this. It would be awesome to see how it works as far as getting to meet and/or speak to Timothy. I already have a trip planned to LA in the late spring, otherwise, I would seriously consider going.

Freypower
01-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Sorry I misread it! :blush:

sodascouts
01-13-2016, 10:40 PM
Shoot, I want to go to this and can't! It sounds great!

MaryCalifornia
01-20-2016, 01:38 AM
What are the odds of Timothy performing next week? Slim to none, I say...

Though it is hard to back out on an organization like this, I think it is warranted and they would understand.

LuvTim
01-20-2016, 11:50 AM
MC, I've had the same thought. I think it could be cancelled and, imo, it is perfectly understandable if that's what he needs to do.

MaryCalifornia
01-20-2016, 11:31 PM
So now it's considered a "Super Bowl event"?

And I have never heard of Eric Church, why is his name before Timothy's

http://www.sfchronicle.com/entertainment/article/2016-Super-Bowl-events-6772888.php

Freypower
01-20-2016, 11:33 PM

http://www.sfchronicle.com/entertainment/article/2016-Super-Bowl-events-6772888.php

He is an up & coming country musician who has become very well known in recent years. I think Austin went to see him live.

MaryCalifornia
01-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Cool, obviously I could google but don't want to, prefer to flaunt my music ignorance. Sorry, Austin!

LuvTim
01-21-2016, 01:37 AM

I can't get to the page w/o subscribing, so...but a "Super Bowl Event?" What??

AlreadyGone95
01-21-2016, 02:34 AM
I can't see it either. How can it be Superbowl related? The Superbowl is on Feb. 7th, not Jan. 30th.

sodascouts
01-21-2016, 01:04 PM
I think Timothy might do it after all. There are probably people coming just to see him, and letting those people down won't bring Glenn back. Indeed, he can use it as an opportunity to do a public tribute to Glenn. A lot of these guys have a "show must go on" mentality. Glenn performed after his mother died.

That said, if Tim is too upset to perform, it is perfectly understandable.

MaryCalifornia
01-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Sorry for posting something you can't see...it came in a Google alert and I was able to read it. It's a list of events leading up to the SuperBowl that if you were to be in town, you could attend.

LuvTim
01-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Sorry for posting something you can't see...it came in a Google alert and I was able to read it. It's a list of events leading up to the SuperBowl that if you were to be in town, you could attend.

Oh, no worries! Truly appreciate your effort!! :smile:

Woodstock
01-21-2016, 06:23 PM
I called last week to get tickets (when I heard about it) and the event is sold out. I can be put on a waiting list for VIP $250 tickets!! I've been calling everyday hoping some reasonably priced tickets become available. I think Timothy will honor his commitment and show up. And I will keep trying to get tickets, hopefully some last minute ones will become available.

cynd1231
01-21-2016, 06:29 PM
I can't imagine Timothy cancelling on the event unless there is a conflict, which is doubtful. There is no word yet on Glenn's memorial so we don't know the timeframe. Keep in mind that Timothy fulfilled his commitment for the Colorado R&R Hall of Fame with Poco in the shadow of his mother passing.

LuvTim
01-21-2016, 09:36 PM
I just wish I could be there. Sigh...

MaryCalifornia
01-21-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't doubt any of the guys' ability to perform in the face of grief or during a period of intense mourning - they are professionals and can turn on and off as needed. I see the issue here as more of big picture - Glenn/Eagles/Irving/Don H./optics thing. Does Timothy's appearance at this event at this point in time fit in with how the Eagles and management are planning the next couple of weeks? I'm not under the impression that they dictate to TBS how he spends his personal time and his personal projects, but I'm sure they want to present a cohesive front at this time.

After hearing it is sold out, I'll bet he'll still do it. It is a heavy burden to bear, though, being the first one out there after Glenn's death, and it may be that he changes the running order for the night and appears on stage for a couple of songs with no other interaction..we'll see. I simply don't see him there chatting and taking photos.

WOODSTOCK! Cool! Did they tell you what VIP includes? Timmy meet and greet?!

Woodstock
01-22-2016, 03:15 AM
I don't know what the VIP includes. I've only talked to the people in the ticket office. The VIP wait list number is a lady employed by ARF and I just keep getting a recording, but I have not left a message. I'm really hoping to get tickets less than $250 each since I need two of them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

sad-cafe
01-23-2016, 09:59 PM
oh how I wish I could go to this.

Timothy B will be so sad and I bet the fans make him feel better.

After my mom died it was when I went back to teaching in my classroom and all the students telling me they were sorry that really helped me heal

Woodstock
01-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Just got off the phone with the lady for ARF and the show is completely sold out, she said they actually over-sold and they can't get extra tickets for the performers. I asked if Timothy was still planning on performing and she laughed and said she thinks so, that he came in today. So I guess it's still a go for tomorrow night. It's not looking good for me getting tickets....so wish I could be there. Walnut Creek is 1 hour away from me, I should go walk around the town tonight, it's pretty small!! Who knows who I'd run into!!!!!

shunlvswx
01-29-2016, 08:04 PM
That's nice that Timothy will still be there. With what's going on, the guys are keeping themselves busy.

zeldabjr
01-29-2016, 09:18 PM
I know a girl who is going...she actually knows Timothy and Hank...can't wait to hear from her how Timothy is doing...

LuvTim
01-29-2016, 10:02 PM
I know a girl who is going...she actually knows Timothy and Hank...can't wait to hear from her how Timothy is doing...

Z, please let us know how Timothy is doing! :nod:

MaryCalifornia
01-30-2016, 02:27 AM
Oooh Z let us know!!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-31-2016, 12:45 PM
I'm so sorry that none of us Borderers could manage to go to this. Hopefully, Z's friend will give us some info about Timothy's participation in this event.