PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

WalshFan88
04-03-2016, 09:56 PM
That was nice of Eric. At least somebody cared to even pay tribute to Glenn even if it was brief. It is cool he called Glenn (or the Eagles) one of his influences.

Austin. I'm the opposite. I hate today's country. Give me Garth, Vince, Alan, Tim, Brad, Keith, Toby, Reba, Martina. Ok. Brad and Keith are more today's country, but I was listening to them way before they got very big.

Yeah I'm not much of a fan of them. I do like Keith Urban though, but the newer stuff.

I don't like classic country. I like rock n' roll and RnB, and that's what today's country is and why I like it. More hard rockin' and less twangy tear in my beer stuff.

Big fan of just about everyone tonight other than Chris Stapleton, he's too classic-sounding for me.

buffyfan145
04-04-2016, 10:45 AM
I didn't get to watch the first hour of the ACMs live since I was watching "Once Upon a Time" but I heard about it and saw it after and it was great!!! :D I loved how Eric played the actual songs and they showed pictures of them on screen. He finished with "Already Gone" before going back to his song "Record Year" (which in a way the tributes kind of fits what the song is about). I love most of Eric's songs and his "Mr. Misunderstood" song actually made me think of 70s Glenn too hearing it after Glenn passed. I do love most of today's and classic country. It's always been another genre I've loved and so many country artists reference Glenn and the Eagles as a major influence.

AlreadyGone95
04-04-2016, 11:40 AM
I didn't watch the ACM(opted to read a book instead), so I missed Eric Chirch's tribute. Hopefully, it'll be posted on youtube soon. I'm a fan of country music from the 70s until now, but I like the 70s/80s/90s best.

WalshFan88
04-04-2016, 03:26 PM
KISS just did a tribute to Glenn with TIE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBelroOVFNA

Jonny Come Lately
04-05-2016, 06:56 PM
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, and I apologise if this comes across as gloomy or self-indulgent, but I think I need to get these thoughts off my chest, and I posted it here because I think it relates to 'the heart of the matter'.

When Don announced the new Cass County shows, I expected to be excited and that I'd be keen to go especially in the light of the Survivor game. Instead I am afraid to say I feel somewhat bereft. While I am sure there is plenty that I would enjoy in Don's show, to my personal tastes the setlist pales compared to that on the HOTE tour. I would have absolutely loved to have seen so many of those songs live, and there just aren't as many Don solo songs that mean quite as much to me. The Boys of Summer and The Heart of the Matter are very special to me, but the thought of listening When I Stop Dreaming or Shangri-La live cannot get me as excited as the thought of listening to Doolin-Dalton and the reprise, or TLHTM or Those Shoes, or any of the big Eagles hits would. The announcement has really brought it home that Glenn is gone. The Eagles would not be the same without him, but it still makes me so sad that I'll never be able to see him with his band mates and play all those great songs, many of which he sung. The way I feel about this has really surprised me as I did not expect this to hit me so hard at this time - although written about a different subject, 'Here Come Those Tears Again' resonates strongly with me now.

I am quite used to the fact that I'll never see Pink Floyd and most likely Led Zeppelin live, but with the Eagles the chance was still there until last year so it's really hard to get used to. I feel like kicking myself for not going to the 2014 HOTE shows, especially as they came to Liverpool. The main thing I try to console myself with was that when the time to buy tickets to the UK shows for the HOTE tour came around, I was nowhere near as big a fan as I am now and was still relatively new to the band's music.

I'm still mulling over whether to go to see Don or not (of the UK shows, I could probably make either the London or Manchester shows), I really like Cass County and I'm conscious that for all I know this could be the last chance to see him, but I'm a bit worried that I'll be underwhelmed by what sounds like a fairly purist 'country' show.

UndertheWire
04-05-2016, 07:17 PM
I'm a bit worried that I'll be underwhelmed by what sounds like a fairly purist 'country' show.
I think this tour is going to less purist than the last one. The press release says: "The artist will perform songs spanning his entire career from the Eagles and his vast solo catalog, including songs from his latest release, Cass County."

If you're tempted, go for it. I'm sure Don puts on a good show.

L101
04-05-2016, 07:53 PM
I think this tour is going to less purist than the last one. The press release says: "The artist will perform songs spanning his entire career from the Eagles and his vast solo catalog, including songs from his latest release, Cass County."

If you're tempted, go for it. I'm sure Don puts on a good show.

I agree with UTW - I think it's a CC promotional tour anymore. It's more like the standard Don show with some new music from CC thrown in.

I say go for it JCL - you might not have the chance again and from reviews, his shows are pretty good - you might be surprised !! :grin:

sodascouts
04-05-2016, 09:03 PM
KISS just did a tribute to Glenn with TIE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBelroOVFNA

Thanks for the link!

JCL, I'm betting Don will add more Eagles songs now that he knows he will never be able to play them with the band again. If you want to wait until after the first show so that you can see the set list before buying tickets, that's an option for you. However, you might not get a really good seat if you do that.

I say if you're on the fence, do it.

I miss Glenn so much, but I'm going to keep enjoying the rest of the guys.

Prettymaid
04-05-2016, 09:45 PM
I was just telling Hubby this evening that the reason I am interested in seeing Don Henley now has something to do with Glenn's death. Not sure it's going to happen, but we're thinking about it.

I've found that No More Cloudy Days is giving me great comfort. I've always loved the song, but now the hope and optimism I hear in Glenn's voice means so much more. I know it's meant to be a love song, but if you take some of the lines by themselves you can imagine it fitting these circumstances. "It breaks your heart when someone leaves, and you don't know why", and "I know a place where we can go where true love always stays..."

Glenn's in that place now, and a saxophone is always playing. :)

Sitting by a foggy window
Staring at the pouring rain
Falling down like lonely teardrops
Memories of love in vain
These cloudy days, they make you wanna cry
It breaks your heart when someone leaves
And you don't know why

I can see that you've been hurting
Maybe I've been lonely too
I've been out here lost and searching
Looking for a girl like you
Now I believe the sun is gonna shine
Don't you be afraid to love again
Put your hand in mine

Baby, I would never make you cry
I would never make you blue
I would never let you down
I would never be untrue
I know a place we can go where true love always stays
There's no more stormy nights, no more cloudy days

I believe in second chances
I believe in angels, too
I believe in new romances
Baby, I believe in you
These cloudy days are coming to an end
And you don't have to be afraid to fall in love again
Baby, I would never make you cry
I would never make you blue
I would never turn away
I would never be untrue
I know a place where we can go where true love always stays
No more stormy nights, no more cloudy days

jane02
04-06-2016, 02:53 AM
Thanks for posting those words Pretty Maid - they are beautiful and can apply to so many of life's situations.:cry:

sodascouts
04-06-2016, 07:06 AM
Lovely. Thanks, PM.

Brooke
04-06-2016, 09:31 AM
JCL, I agree with everyone else and think you should definitely go. I've only seen him once live, and that was ??? years ago, but it was fantastic! I know he's doing some country songs, but I'll bet there will be Eagles songs and his solo songs sprinkled in. Probably more and more than the country.

Do it. You may never have the chance again.

Houston Baby
04-06-2016, 01:28 PM
JCL - I also vote for you to go. I don't believe that you will be disappointed.

And thank you PM! Reading the words does give it new meaning to me.

WalshFan88
04-09-2016, 03:55 AM
Sheryl Crow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd7g4okWUQQ

Glennsallnighter
04-09-2016, 04:18 AM
There are a lot of lyrics in Glenn :heart:s songs which taken in isolation can bring some sort of comfort. I always feel those in "River of Dreams' tell you to live your life and take the opportunities to live up to what you want to make it. 'People don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time' is so apt. Lyrics in POMPOY too.

JCL I totally understand where you are coming from. I feel kinda the same, not about the setlist, but while I was never NOT going to go to see Don, there was an anticlimax or emptiness in my heart buying my tickets. I felt sad that I would never experience the thrill of buying then=m to see either Glenn :heart: solo or the band ever again. And I thought how unfair it was that Don was still out there touring, making music, doing what he loves with poor Glenn :heart: gone.

However I would also say that if you have the time to go to see Don Henley do try. These last few months have shown us that we can take nothing and no one for granted. I would feel that this will be my last 'brush' with any Eagles related performance (not withstanding that the Ultimate Eagles are excellent, but they are not the real deal), as I cannot see Don playing here again. Timothy did not play here when he did his mini UK tour in 2010, and I just feel Joe wont either.

I'm going to see Don, but I'm doing it for Glenn :heart:.

VillageGirl
04-09-2016, 05:48 AM
GAN, your post breaks my heart! I really want to cry because I can feel the pain in your words. I know you are not overly excited to see Don, but try to have a good time if you can and remember the good times. It may bring more tears and that's okay too as it is cathartic.

A lot of my career I spent working in critical care. My patients were so sick with various complications and even though I was there primary nurse, I could not keep track of all the surgergies, times they were placed on and off the ventilator, etc., they had to endure for various reasons( expected and unexpected).

Although I am so sad Glenn is no longer physically with us, I am grateful that he did not have to endure the endless suffering I have witnessed in some patients which usually ends the same. If not in death, horrible pain or severe compromised quality of life.

I know this doesn't make it any better, but I truly believe his spirit is free and amongst the angels.

Hugs!!

DivineDon
04-09-2016, 07:27 AM
I feel kinda the same, not about the setlist, but while I was never NOT going to go to see Don, there was an anticlimax or emptiness in my heart buying my tickets. I felt sad that I would never experience the thrill of buying then=m to see either Glenn :heart: solo or the band ever again. And I thought how unfair it was that Don was still out there touring, making music, doing what he loves with poor Glenn :heart: gone.

I'm going to see Don, but I'm doing it for Glenn :heart:.

I'm truly sorry you feel this way, GA but please understand that while your feelings are understandable for someone like me, they are hurtful. I have been a huge fan of Don's all my life and never had the opportunity to see him solo - until now. I have just experienced the most traumatic and difficult two years of my life with bereavement, illness and stress. Don coming to Ireland is one of the highlights of my life and reading how you are only going to see Don because of his connection with Glenn and you feel resentful for Don getting on with his life is completely unfair. If it is too painful for you then please re-consider going - what is the point if you don't want to be there? I'm sorry to say this but I feel really upset reading about Don as if he was somehow 'second-best' and not even that in some people's opinions. To me he is everything just as Glenn was to you.

Glennsallnighter
04-09-2016, 03:30 PM
I don't mean to upset you DD at all and I'm sorry if I did. I'm truly delighted that you will get to see him play here at last. In fact the first thing that I thought she I heard that he was coming here was about how delighted you, Lacken and another friend who loves Don too would be. I honestly don't mean to rain on your party. As an Eagle I would never consider Don to have been second best to Glenn :heart: just Glenn :heart: was my favourite as Don is yours. I had seriously looked at going to see Don in Atlanta last year only I couldn't get suitable flights. So I wouldn't dream of missing him play in Dublin.
Once again sorry if I upset you. It wasn't meant

DivineDon
04-09-2016, 03:33 PM
That's fine, GA, I accept your apology. I know it's hard for you but it's all about the music at the end of the day and how much the Eagles mean to us all. :-)

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2016, 08:58 AM
3 months gone today :sad:

buffyfan145
04-18-2016, 10:47 AM
It hit me again this morning as I was on Tumblr and saw it in a post mixed with celebrating the "Desperado" album. It's still hard to believe sometimes.

AlreadyGone95
04-18-2016, 12:14 PM
3 months equals 1/4 of a year. Yeesh, where has the time gone? I haven't been hit hard by it in the past few weeks, but certain things have reminded me of it. For example, anytime I hear about Detroit, I think of Glenn.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
04-19-2016, 03:47 PM
Last night was rough for me after I watched the video of him playing Tequila Sunrise. It brought me to tears and I was depressed the whole evening.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Yeah - there's not a day that's gone by that I don't think about Glenn. However, yesterday was especially solemn because it was Monday, April 18, exactly 13 weeks ago to the day when he left us. It's been a long 3 months for me.

UndertheWire
04-25-2016, 01:14 PM
With all the coverage of Prince's death, it's easy to feel that Glenn didn't get enough coverage. However, I've decided that maybe this is the way Glenn would have wanted it. His family, friends, bandmates and manager kept it low profile and respectful. Less is more and better to let the music do the talking.

Some people will do whatever it takes to stand out from the crowd and get press attention but it seems that Glenn was always ambivalent about that. In one interview he repeated advice he was given after a bad interview - "You lick the stamp because you want to send the letter, not because you like the taste of the glue." He didn't give many interviews and when he did, he didn't give much away about himself. Great stories, lots of praise for other performers and advice for people wanting to write songs or play music, but very little about his private life.

So Glenn's death wasn't a big story and his friends and family were spared the intrusion of the press. As fans, we might have liked more, but what more was there to tell? I wouldn't want to hear all the details of his final days and see pictures of his grieving family. In time, I hope we will hear more from Don, Joe and Tim but when they are ready, not when someone from TMZ shoves a microphone under their noses.

shunlvswx
04-25-2016, 01:23 PM
I agree, UTW. I'm kinda glad they didn't do this to Glenn. They didn't dig into David's death either. We almost didn't know about his memorial service and the media didn't pick up on that until the next day. I rather Glenn is remembered for his music. Not how he died and what was the real reason he died.

Like I said in the Prince thread. I feel bad for Prince's family.

FWIW
04-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the perspective, UtW. Had Glenn's family truly wanted more coverage, I believe somehow Irving would have made it happen. At the end of the day, the wishes of Glenn's family and his close friends are most important.

I do find comfort in knowing that, within the music community, Glenn is held in the highest regard. And it is also great that we, as fans, have a place like The Border to share our feelings.

Freypower
04-25-2016, 05:59 PM
I agree, UTW. I'm kinda glad they didn't do this to Glenn. They didn't dig into David's death either. We almost didn't know about his memorial service and the media didn't pick up on that until the next day. I rather Glenn is remembered for his music. Not how he died and what was the real reason he died.

Like I said in the Prince thread. I feel bad for Prince's family.

I still would have at least liked to have been told whether he was buried or cremated, and when this occurred, and I wish at least some photos had been released of that memorial service.

As for the other Eagles all they needed to do was write personal statements on their respective Facebook pages & I would have at least hasd some feeling of connection. Apart from Don Henley's statement I feel I have had nothing in that regard. I didn't know what to make of their performance at the Grammys, except that I believe they didn't want to do it.

Glennsallnighter
04-25-2016, 06:11 PM
Yeah - there's not a day that's gone by that I don't think about Glenn. However, yesterday was especially solemn because it was Monday, April 18, exactly 13 weeks ago to the day when he left us. It's been a long 3 months for me.

Same here Dreamer - its the first thing I think when I wake up in the morning, and the last I think about as I fall asleep. Its with me all day as I try to be normal.

sodascouts
04-25-2016, 07:15 PM
I think about him every day, too, but it seems like it's been much longer than three months. "Sad hours seem long." Not to imply that I'm constantly sad... Glenn wouldn't want us to stop enjoying our lives. However, I do miss him.

AlreadyGone95
04-28-2016, 01:26 AM
Does it still seem surreal to ya'll to say that he's gone? The other day, when I was talking with my therapist, she asked me about my hobbies. My response "Music, from the '60s on up". She asked me about Prince. When I said that I wasn't a fan, she asked me which musician's death has affected me the most. Ya'll know my reply. I was wearing my Cass County shirt, so I s pointed to my shirt and said, " This guy's partner, Glenn Frey". My therapist is at least in her mid 40s, so she knew who I was talking about. I didn't choke up or anything, but it felt sad and weird to say that.

GlennLover
04-28-2016, 06:45 AM
Yes, it's still surreal to me most of the time but, on occasion it hits home and the tears come.

LuvTim
04-28-2016, 10:50 AM
It does feel surreal. For me, I'm pretty sure I'm still in a kind of half-denial, when you know that something is supposed to be true, but you just can't really get used to the idea enough to finally settle-in with it. It's just too sad. I have to come to terms with the whole thing a little at a time. I'm guessing that, for a lot of us, we're still doing that.

LuvTim
04-28-2016, 10:51 AM
Yes, it's still surreal to me most of the time but, on occasion it hits home and the tears come.

Big hugs, GL.

buffyfan145
04-28-2016, 10:53 AM
It's still the same for me as well. It does still feel very surreal at times.

GlennLover
04-28-2016, 10:43 PM
Big hugs, GL.

Thank you, LT!

I think half-denial "about clocks it". You know it's true but, you don't want to believe it.

Tiffanny Twisted
04-30-2016, 07:39 AM
Well while I am greatful there is history of the world video,
I am saddened that he is gone .
I find myself crying and laughing at the same time .....
Thinkiing how sad I am that he is gone .

NOLA
04-30-2016, 10:06 AM
It's still the same for me as well. It does still feel very surreal at times.
Agree, Amanda. When I hear certain songs with Glenn on lead vocal, I find myself getting very upset at that moment. It's weird, because I don't feel that way about his solo material, just Eagles' songs. It really was his band. :weep:

AlreadyGone95
05-09-2016, 02:25 AM
Earlier, while cleaning up my room a bit, I came across some books that had been buried under some other stuff. One of the books was the hooker book ( You'll Never Make Love In This Town Again). I remember buying it almost a year ago for one short 3 paged chapter, and enjoying reading the chapter, despite the nature of the book. I tried to reread it tonight, but I couldn't. It just felt so wrong to do so now. The images that my mind pictures while reading it seem dirty and inappropriate. I don't see how others can fantasize about celebrities or rock stars who are deceased.

The 4 month anniversary of Glenn's passing will also mark my one year anniversary of being a member of The Border. My, what a year it's been for myself, the Eagles, and us fans. A lot has happened.

sodascouts
06-18-2016, 11:22 AM
Five months. I don't want to always "mark the date" but I'm feeling sad today. It feels like longer... I actually thought it was six months when I woke up this morning.

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2016, 01:32 PM
That's how I felt too yesterday Soda. It's like a watershed in my life. Everything that I think about now happened either 'before' or 'After' this happened

GlennLover
06-19-2016, 02:52 PM
It's hard to believe that it has been five months! The tears are still falling with regularity!

sodascouts
06-19-2016, 09:31 PM
It's been a very hard weekend for me. Today is Father's Day. I think of his family... I knew I was still sad about Glenn (always will be) but I thought I was done literally crying over him. I guess not.

AlreadyGone95
06-19-2016, 11:53 PM
5 months doesn't seem feasible. Father's Day is extremely hard for me each year. It's been over 9 years since I lost my dad, and it still hurts. I've thought of Glenn and his family a few times over the weekend. I've been trying to keep the tears at bay, but occasionally, I have to choke them back.

GlennLover
06-20-2016, 01:09 AM
Thinking about his family on Fathers Day has brought more than a few tears. :cry: :cry: :cry:

girlsknowftbl2
07-17-2016, 02:08 PM
The passing of Glenn Frey has left thousands of fans with incredible sadness and despair. This one hurts, all over the world. The same age as the Eagles and as baby boomers defined by the songs written by Glenn and Don, the 1960s kids that stood up against a Vietnam War united us as a defined group with a peaceful easy feeling. The late 60s during this explosion of protest was just before the Eagles trek to California, where it all started, but caught up with each other. The Eagles music was played. All the time. Then in the late 60s to now. It was, and will always be.

A special thanks to his wife and Children, Cindy, Taylor, Brandon and Otis for
sharing a husband, friend and father with the world. We sincerely thank you.
To all the Eagles, Don, Tim, Joe, Bernie and Don - thank you as well. As Henley was quoted in comments regarding Glenn, he stated that the Eagles
accomplished so much with Glenn's passionate plan. Henley was correct, the Eagles accomplished so much, and then some. We will miss it.

Henley Honey
07-17-2016, 06:32 PM
So it's six months tomorrow. How time does fly and yet stand still. It's so strange. My dad died when I was 23 and I thought of him every single day -- in the beginning. But then you grow strong, you have other priorities and the "with you" moments seem to lessen every day. But that doesn't seem to be the case with Glenn. Every day is a moment of lament. Every day is a moment of sorrow because I feel so bad for him that he didn't realize his every dream. I guess I just lost, or then again, gained a lot of perspective over the last 3 or 30 years. That doesn't seem to make me feel any better. *Sigh*

sodascouts
07-17-2016, 08:20 PM
HH, I too seem to feel it just as keenly today as I did just under six months ago, whenever I think about it. The difference is that lately I don't think about it as much as when it first happened. I still think about him every day, but it used to be almost constant. I'll never forget him, but I know there will come a time when I don't think about him every day anymore. I just don't know when that will be.

I do think he realized his life's dream, though. Yes, there were things he wanted to do that he didn't get a chance to do. However, he lived life to the fullest and he changed the world with his music. When he died, his band was still selling out arenas world-wide FOUR DECADES after they started. On the personal side, he was able to have a loving marriage for 25 years and three beautiful children (although of course we wish they'd had more time together). In that sense, when it came to the things that were most important, he was able to live out his biggest dreams.

I watched a clip from HOTE the other day. It was from '76. Don says "We can't do this forever" and then Glenn acts shocked. "We cant'?" They both laughed... but you know what? He did do it, right up until the end. I celebrate all he accomplished even as I mourn him, and it gives me some comfort.

Freypower
07-17-2016, 09:09 PM
HH, I too seem to feel it just as keenly today as I did just under six months ago, whenever I think about it. The difference is that lately I don't think about it as much as when it first happened. I still think about him every day, but it used to be almost constant. I'll never forget him, but I know there will come a time when I don't think about him every day anymore. I just don't know when that will be.

I do think he realized his life's dream, though. Yes, there were things he wanted to do that he didn't get a chance to do. However, he lived life to the fullest and he changed the world with his music. When he died, his band was still selling out arenas world-wide FOUR DECADES after they started. On the personal side, he was able to have a loving marriage for 25 years and three beautiful children (although of course we wish they'd had more time together). In that sense, when it came to the things that were most important, he was able to live out his biggest dreams.

I watched a clip from HOTE the other day. It was from '76. Don says "We can't do this forever" and then Glenn acts shocked. "We cant'?" They both laughed... but you know what? He did do it, right up until the end. I celebrate all he accomplished even as I mourn him, and it gives me some comfort.

Extremely well said Soda. I'm trying to remember all the happy memories I have of what he did, how he sounded, what he looked like, the inspiration he gave to me & so many of us.

GlennLover
07-17-2016, 11:32 PM
Extremely well said Soda. I'm trying to remember all the happy memories I have of what he did, how he sounded, what he looked like, the inspiration he gave to me & so many of us.

I agree, FP, that this was well said by Soda. I too am trying to focus on the enjoyment that I got from his works. Still, the smallest thing that triggers a memory of him starts the tears flowing regardless of where I am. I think that I had better stop listening to After Hours while I'm driving. It easily brings the tears and then I can't see very well. :ack: ;)

Henley Honey
07-18-2016, 12:13 AM

I do think that he realized his life's dream -- that being reaching all of us as widely and as profoundly as he did, but I think that he was still a dreamer, still reaching every day and in every way to grow a bit more, to reach a few more people with his music, to score a movie, to complete the Broadway play, to see his kids get married and have children, to squeeze the shit out of all of the days that were left to him. That's what I meant. He did that , and then some, but it breaks my heart that he could not realize all of his dreams. None of us can. That's the goal post and the heart break of life. IMOl

GlennLover
07-18-2016, 12:17 AM
He didn't run out of dreams. He just ran out of time. But he accomplished sooooo much! I think you're right, HH. He never would have stopped dreaming.

Henley Honey
07-18-2016, 12:21 AM
He didn't run out of dreams. He just ran out of time. But he accomplished sooooo much! I think you're right, HH. He never would have stopped dreaming.

He was the "man with a plan" from the very start, to the very end. Gotta love that!!

buffyfan145
07-18-2016, 10:36 AM
I agree with what Soda and all of you are saying. He really did live life to the fullest and it's very inspiring to me. It's hard to believe it's been half a year now and I still think about him daily but for me it's more happier memories than sad. Hearing his and the Eagles music unexpectedly brings a smile to my face and lots of good personal memories. Plus, I think with me finally writing the scenes I pictured to his and the Eagles songs since I was little for my next story is helping too. I think he'd be amazed how his music inspired a novel or at least I hope so.

07-18-2016, 10:49 PM
I also go back and forth about this. To paraphrase Don, I do believe that Glenn achieved everything he set out to do, and then some. He did live life to the fullest and I find a lot of comfort in knowing these things.

But, as has been mentioned, he never quit dreaming and it's these unrealized dreams that make me sad. I feel that Glenn, his fans, and the world were deprived of his unfinished business.

I am grateful everyday that we are left with his music.

AlreadyGone95
07-19-2016, 01:17 AM
I think that Glenn accomplished more in his lifetime than most people do in theirs. His name and legacy will live on for a long time. I do wish that he could've accomplished all of his dreams, but unfortunately, everyone eventually runs out of time (to paraphrase the line in my signature). It helps to remember what all he did do.

If there's anything at all positive that I got from Glenn's untimely passing, it was the motivation to accomplish my dreams and goals, like going to college. His death made me fully realize my own mortality. Therefore, I should try to do everything that I want to do, get the most out of everyday, and live life to the fullest!( Like Glenn did) I definitely wish that this could've happened by any other means, but I'm glad that I did realize this and get the motivation I so badly needed.

buffyfan145
07-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Wasn't sure which thread to post this in but just saw Sting wrote a new song "50,000" for his upcoming album and he said after Lemmy, David Bowie, Glenn, and Prince all passed away so close together it go him thinking about life and death, and the impact these artists leave on fans and fellow musicians and he wrote the song about it. He talks more about the song in his interview with Rolling Stone here (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-stings-first-rock-album-in-decades-w429572). Hopefully we'll get to hear this soon.

Freypower
07-19-2016, 05:52 PM
Wasn't sure which thread to post this in but just saw Sting wrote a new song "50,000" for his upcoming album and he said after Lemmy, David Bowie, Glenn, and Prince all passed away so close together it go him thinking about life and death, and the impact these artists leave on fans and fellow musicians and he wrote the song about it. He talks more about the song in his interview with Rolling Stone here (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-stings-first-rock-album-in-decades-w429572). Hopefully we'll get to hear this soon.

Thanks for posting that. We do have a thread about the Sting/Gabriel tour but this is really relevant to Glenn.

sodascouts
07-19-2016, 08:18 PM
I love that Sting looked up to Glenn. His music was important to so many different types of people.

sodascouts
07-29-2016, 11:47 AM
The last Eagles show... A year ago today.

I had a dream last night that Glenn and I were hanging out in Shanghai, of all places. I rescued a younger version of him who had been chained to an exposed set of pipes outside an abandoned building while passed out drunk. He woke up when I found him. Me: "How did this happen?" Glenn: "Don't ask."

Then he was suddenly 80s Glenn. We went on a mission to stop this record store from selling fraudulent memorabilia with fake autographs, a couple of which didn't even have his name spelled right. Glenn pointed one out to me that said "Drew Frey." "How do you feel about that, Drew?" I joked. He laughed. We found a copy of Soul Searchin' and he told me that a an Asian girl had inspired one of his songs on Soul Searchin'.

Then we had a high-speed car chase. We successfully escaped although there were a lot of close calls. At one time the car was balancing on two wheels on the side of a bridge. It was like we were flying. I was driving and I was really scared, but we made it! Glenn and I were grinning once we got four wheels on the ground again - it was older Glenn now - and I asked him "How did we survive that?!" He laughed and said, "I knew we would." (My dreams are pretty crazy.)

Some other stuff happened but I don't have a clear memory of it, except that it was at night and involved some one-on-one confrontations. Eventually, we made it back to the record store, villains being rounded up, all was well. Then, before I woke up, I thought "He's dying" and turned around and just saw him through a window as a white shape. The shape was still there but it started to disappear and even before it had completely dissipated I thought "He's gone."

I have had dreams with Glenn every once in a while since his death but this one was pretty intense. As a said elsewhere, maybe I subconsciously remembered the day.

Missing him very much today.

GlennLover
07-29-2016, 12:50 PM
The last Eagles show... A year ago today.

I had a dream last night that Glenn and I were hanging out in Shanghai, of all places. I rescued a younger version of him who had been chained to an exposed set of pipes outside an abandoned building while passed out drunk. He woke up when I found him. Me: "How did this happen?" Glenn: "Don't ask."

Then he was suddenly 80s Glenn. We went on a mission to stop this record store from selling fraudulent memorabilia with fake autographs, a couple of which didn't even have his name spelled right. Glenn pointed one out to me that said "Drew Frey." "How do you feel about that, Drew?" I joked. He laughed. We found a copy of Soul Searchin' and he told me that a an Asian girl had inspired one of his songs on Soul Searchin'.

Then we had a high-speed car chase. We successfully escaped although there were a lot of close calls. At one time the car was balancing on two wheels on the side of a bridge. It was like we were flying. I was driving and I was really scared, but we made it! Glenn and I were grinning once we got four wheels on the ground again - it was older Glenn now - and I asked him "How did we survive that?!" He laughed and said, "I knew we would." (My dreams are pretty crazy.)

Some other stuff happened but I don't have a clear memory of it, except that it was at night and involved some one-on-one confrontations. Eventually, we made it back to the record store, villains being rounded up, all was well. Then, before I woke up, I thought "He's dying" and turned around and just saw him through a window as a white shape. The shape was still there but it started to disappear and even before it had completely dissipated I thought "He's gone."

I have had dreams with Glenn every once in a while since his death but this one was pretty intense. As a said elsewhere, maybe I subconsciously remembered the day.

Missing him very much today.

Yes, that certainly was intense. Tears started rolling down my checks after I read the last. And it wasn't the first time today. Some days are like that for me. I guess the days that I am not very busy and have more time to think are worse. Still miss him terribly.

Brooke
07-29-2016, 01:54 PM
He's definitely not forgotten. I put all his solo songs on shuffle yesterday when driving and I just kept thinking that he was gone now and I'd never get to hear him live again. Still have a hard time believing it.

buffyfan145
07-29-2016, 05:15 PM
Wow Soda that made me tear up too toward the end of it. I have dreams like that too frequently and I actually had one with Glenn in it three nights ago but I really wasn't a good dream so I didn't post about it. He hadn't actually showed up in mine since that really vivid one I had back in late Jan/early Feb that I posted on here but that one comforted me and was a nice one, where this one left me feeling uneasy when I woke. I much prefer the happier ones. LOL But I've had dreams like that of hanging out with random celebs including a favorite of mine I had spending the day with the Beatles as they looked around 1964.

Freypower
07-29-2016, 07:29 PM
I may as well share the dream I had the other night. It was pretty basic. Glenn was telling Don he had congestion in his lungs & was dying (this obviously means the pneumonia, not the other causes). Don was very upset & for some reason I was there & Don started to say 'what can we do? Where is he going'? He hadn't noticed that after Glenn gave him the news he vanished. We both started looking & couldn't find Glenn any more.

I have recurring dreams in which I relived things I feel guilty about. Normally when I wake up I'm of course relieved that the bad things in the dream didn't happen. This time there was nothing I could do about it.

Glennhoney
07-29-2016, 07:43 PM
I haven't been able to log on for a while now..but seems to be working tonight..
Anyway, about a month ago, my sister talked me into seeing a "medium" with her...she really believes in this stuff but didn't want to go alone..during our "meeting", she asked which one of us went to a lot of music concerts..I replied that was me and she asked if my favorite band was "The Birds"?...I laughed and said no, so she went on to say "well your favorite band are birds!"...Before we left she told me that when I see a low flying eagle, that it's a sign from my father (who died when I was 2)...but then said "wait, there's a man with your father who says that when you see an Eagle, you will think of him"..and I asked who he was and she said "your favorite singer"..she also went on to say that he was so much more than people gave him credit for..that he hadn't had the recognition that he deserved...needless to say I was floored...Gave me quite a warm feeling that my Dad was "hanging around" with Glenn..I know most people don't believe in "mediums" but that was an amazing experience for me...something that I wanted no part of, but turned out to be an hour well spent...

buffyfan145
07-29-2016, 09:12 PM
Wow, Glennhoney that gave me chills. I normally don't believe in mediums either but I do believe in signs and the afterlife. I recently get reminded of Glenn too now every time I go to my maternal grandparents house as my Papa loved eagles (the birds) and the Bible verse Isaiah 40 that includes "But those that trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles." It's one of my favorites too. He used to say and my Granny still does that the verse was about our family and when I was little I used to jokingly add in how it also fit that we all were Eagles fans too. LOL But my Granny still has his huge bald eagle statue in the house as well as a plate with a bald eagle soaring with that Bible verse on it. Then why my Papa passed away last year he had requested we used the little paper books they give away at funerals have the eagle cover and I will always keep mine. Plus my Papa loved music and was always telling me to listen to the story the song is telling, which got me into writing, and I always found good stories in the Eagles & Glenn's songs.

Glennsallnighter
07-30-2016, 09:01 AM
That was some experience GH. I don't NOT believe in mediums but sometimes try to reason with what they say or try to explain off their prophesies/deductions. Not in your case.

Soda you have always had the most incredible Glenn :heart: dreams and adventures in them. And he has been on our minds a lot over the past week/10 days.

FP what can I say? I'm sorry!

This has been a horrible year for us all and will continue to be I think. Every anniversary we come across has that inevitable tinge of sadness. I'm not sure how I'll cope with his birthday or Christmas. I feel very guilty that I never saw this coming. I listened to rumours that he was recovering well. To me he was stalwart, invincible death defying whatever. And he was one of my contemporaries. For him to go like that was inconceivable. Until it happened.

I suppose what I'm trying to get out is that if any experience such as dreams helps use it as a comfort. I know I had a dream about him 10 days after I think I shared it at the time. and it did try to bring some kind of peace. At least I know he's safe.

sodascouts
07-30-2016, 12:23 PM
All these anniversaries of the last time we saw the Eagles or they performed or anything like that will inevitably be hard, that's for sure. I don't know what I'm going to do for his birthday on the site. I can only imagine what his family and friends are feeling.

UndertheWire
07-30-2016, 12:50 PM
Six months on and I don't "miss" Glenn Frey. If anything, I spend more time "with" him than when he was alive as more material has become available and I've become more obsessed. What has changed is my thoughts of the future. I can't look forward to any new music or performances from him and I'm sad that that potential was never realised.

I've lost people close to me and I miss them. It's different because I had an interactive relationship with them and there are experiences I would like to be able to share with them and sometimes it hurts that they are not around.

Yet, I'm still sad about Glenn's death. It's a reminder that no matter who we are, how talented and successful, we have limited time and life might end before we are ready. I haven't worked out how to handle this feeling.

Freypower
07-30-2016, 07:17 PM
Six months on and I don't "miss" Glenn Frey. If anything, I spend more time "with" him than when he was alive as more material has become available and I've become more obsessed. What has changed is my thoughts of the future. I can't look forward to any new music or performances from him and I'm sad that that potential was never realised.

I've lost people close to me and I miss them. It's different because I had an interactive relationship with them and there are experiences I would like to be able to share with them and sometimes it hurts that they are not around.

Yet, I'm still sad about Glenn's death. It's a reminder that no matter who we are, how talented and successful, we have limited time and life might end before we are ready. I haven't worked out how to handle this feeling.

A couple of photos & that bootleg from 1982 which I know you like, but I didn't have the heart to listen to it. I can't think of anything else unless you are counting all the stories which have been told about him. There are still no indications that there is any unreleased material which will see the light of day, or any tribute which will take place.

Regarding anniversaries, next week is the anniversary of when I first saw him in 1988. You will know the avatar.

07-31-2016, 06:07 PM
Glad to have you back, GH. And your story about the medium is very eerie isn't it. I guess there really are some things that just can't be explained.

Funk 50
08-01-2016, 05:35 AM
I haven't been able to log on for a while now..but seems to be working tonight..
Anyway, about a month ago, my sister talked me into seeing a "medium" with her...she really believes in this stuff but didn't want to go alone..during our "meeting", she asked which one of us went to a lot of music concerts..I replied that was me and she asked if my favorite band was "The Birds"?...I laughed and said no, so she went on to say "well your favorite band are birds!"...Before we left she told me that when I see a low flying eagle, that it's a sign from my father (who died when I was 2)...but then said "wait, there's a man with your father who says that when you see an Eagle, you will think of him"..and I asked who he was and she said "your favorite singer"..she also went on to say that he was so much more than people gave him credit for..that he hadn't had the recognition that he deserved...needless to say I was floored...Gave me quite a warm feeling that my Dad was "hanging around" with Glenn..I know most people don't believe in "mediums" but that was an amazing experience for me...something that I wanted no part of, but turned out to be an hour well spent...

It may be the obvious giveaway but you weren't wearing an Eagles T-Shirt were you? or maybe something a little bit more subtle

Glennhoney
08-01-2016, 07:52 AM
It may be the obvious giveaway but you weren't wearing an Eagles T-Shirt were you? or maybe something a little bit more subtle
haha..no I wasn't .....

UndertheWire
08-01-2016, 08:16 AM
A couple of photos & that bootleg from 1982 which I know you like, but I didn't have the heart to listen to it. I can't think of anything else unless you are counting all the stories which have been told about him. There are still no indications that there is any unreleased material which will see the light of day, or any tribute which will take place.

Lots of small things but they add up: old articles and video clips which were new to me (but probably not you), the stories from people who have known him through the years which painted a different portrait, his solo catalogue being released in digital format which meant I could get "Living in Darkness" for the first time (it's not on my CD of The Allnighter) and that 1982 bootleg which is a snapshot of the then 33 year-old Glenn trying to find his feet as a solo artist. Of course, I'd like more but I can still appreciate what we have.

sodascouts
08-16-2016, 07:38 AM
I'll be thinking of Glenn a lot today. It's the nine-year anniversary of the time PLS, Dreamer, and I hung out with Glenn in Niagara Falls... one of the greatest nights in my life!

GlennLover
08-16-2016, 08:39 AM
Such a wonderful (extreme under exaggeration) night to cherish. You are certainly blessed to have had this experience with Glenn.

GlennLover
08-16-2016, 09:04 AM
This is an article about Don's upcoming concert in Michigan, but I thought that this part about Glenn should be recorded here: http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-and-entertainment/20160815/don-henley-feels-charged-to-curate-the-legacy-of-glenn-frey-the-eagles

[QUOTE]Don Henley played plenty of shows since his Eagles partner Glenn Frey died in mid-January. And he’s paid plenty of tribute to his fallen bandmates.

But playing this week at the Meadow Brook Amphitheatre, not far from Frey’s hometown of Royal Oak, is going to be a little different.

“I’m looking forward to playing in Michigan,” Henley, 69, says by phone from a Philadelphia. “It’ll be an emotional night, but I think we’re gonna do just fine. We’re just going to do our show and do the best we can and give it all we got.

“Obviously we’ll do some Eagles songs. Out of respect for (Frey) I don’t do the songs he sang, I just do the ones that I sang. But I do several songs that we co-wrote together, including of course, ‘Desperado,’ which was the first song we really wrote together.

“I think it’ll be fine.”

Henley says he’s still coping with Frey’s passing at age 67 of complications from colitis, rheumatoid arthritis and pneumonia.

“I’m still processing it, and I will be for quite some time,” he explains. “I think about him every day, and I think about his family and his kids and wife. They’re doing OK. We all check on them quite often, and everybody’s getting through it.”

Frey’s death did, of course, bring the Eagles to an end, the final performance being a tribute at this year’s Grammy Awards with Jackson Browne joining the Eagles for “Take It Easy,” which he co-wrote with Frey. The Eagles also will receive a Kennedy Center Honor in December that was postponed last year due to Frey’s illness.

Henley didn’t perform any Eagles songs while touring last year to promote his latest solo album, “Cass County,” but had already planned to add them to this year’s shows.

Now, he acknowledges, the material has a different meaning in the wake of Frey’s death.

“People want to hear those songs,” he says, “and I feel like it’s my responsibility to carry that torch now, to be the curator, as it were, of a lot of those songs. And I’m gonna do that.”[QUOTE/]

sodascouts
08-16-2016, 08:24 PM
That's the most Don's spoken about Glenn's death since his official statement. It's very moving. As sad as we all feel, how much worse must it be for Don and the Freys?

You know, the venue where Don is playing near Detroit is the same venue where I saw my very first Glenn solo show on July 20, 2006... the Soaring Eagle Casino. Appropriate.

08-16-2016, 09:10 PM
Yeah - It nice to hear Don talk about Glenn and what his future Eagles plans may be.

And Soda - I've also been thinking a lot today about our evening with Glenn in Niagara Falls too. OMG - how lucky we were. It was such a thrill and, of course, a night I'll never forget. Yep - just another night of hanging out with a legendary rock star - no big deal. But, he was seriously so thoughtful and kind to us. I miss him every day.

buffyfan145
08-17-2016, 10:44 AM
Thanks for posting that GL. It is very moving hearing more for Don.

GlennLover
08-17-2016, 11:51 AM
This is an article about Kevin Sousa, Glenn's guitar tech in the 1990's, who has released an EP: http://tbrnews.com/entertainment/kevin-sousa-debuts-new-music-at-first-surf-expo/article_8a866cdc-63eb-11e6-88fb-0f1ec6d1b457.html

This is the quote about Glenn:

But 2016 started bad for Sousa. His former boss, Glenn Frey of Eagles fame, died from various medical issues. Sousa was Frey's guitar tech in the late 1990s. Sousa wrote the first song, on “Wait, What?,” called “California,” about his last 20 years “settling into life,” as a tribute to Frey and the Eagles country rock sound.

“When he passed away, for some reason, it just rocked me,” Sousa said. “He was a mentor and I really looked up to him. He taught me a lot. I was in a really bad place when I was working for them. He treated me really kind, with respect. He gave me the benefit of the doubt. I was running too hard back then. I finally got thrown out by the tour manager. It was my own fault, but I had a lot of pain over that. When he passed it brought up a lot of old things.”

ETA a quote from another article about Kevin Sousa:
The opening track is titled “California,” and the stormy weather that leads it off is a tip that there is more than meets the eye in the place synonymous with new beginnings and a sunny disposition. Sousa describes the song as “a look back at the 20 years I’ve spent out here: how I’ve grown and changed as a human being.” It’s wrapped up in the memories that Sousa made with Glenn Frey, a founding member of the Eagles who died in January.

“Glenn was so good and kind. He used to love to say, ‘This is Kevin from Villanova. Now he tunes my guitars,’” Sousa recalled with a laugh.

http://www.easyreadernews.com/133879/live-arrival-hermosa-beachs-kevin-sousa-returns-pier-plaza-new-ep-tow/

AlreadyGone95
08-20-2016, 03:56 AM
I just now realized that this past Thursday marked 7 months since January 18th. I wish Don the best tonight as he plays so close to Detroit. I know that the pain and heartache is still there for him and Glenn's family.

GlennLover
08-20-2016, 06:51 AM
I just now realized that this past Thursday marked 7 months since January 18th. I wish Don the best tonight as he plays so close to Detroit. I know that the pain and heartache is still there for him and Glenn's family.

Yes, I was surprised that nobody posted. I remembered & meant to post, but I got busy & didn't get back to the board that day to do so. :sad::weep:

sodascouts
08-20-2016, 11:50 AM
My conscious mind had forgotten what day it was; this was the first week of school and I was so busy that the days blurred together. I had remembered the happy times of Niagara Falls earlier in the week, but I had let the anniversary of his death pass me by! I felt so guilty yesterday that I was ashamed to post about it.

However, I had a dream last night, a HAPPY one, and it's made me feel pretty good today. It's long and I wrote about another dream not too long ago, so I understand if folks don't want to read it. Still, I'm going to type it out for my own sake so I don't forget it. I've had several dreams since Glenn's death that I didn't write down and now I can't remember them very well. Here goes...

In the first part of the dream, I'm standing outside Glenn's house in the middle of the day. I want to get in to see him because I know he's sick. Should I knock on the door? What if they don't want to let me in?

The next second, I'm somehow in the house - in the bathroom, of all places, in the midst of washing my hands! I don't know how I got there and I get VERY nervous. What should I do? What would they say if they found me in here?

As I'm standing there drying my hands off with the hand towel and trying to figure out what to do, Taylor just walks in. Act naturally, I think. Maybe she'll remember me and assume someone else let me in.

"Hey," I say and smile, letting go of the towel and casually walking past her.

"Hi," she replies. She's not at all bothered and simply closes the door behind me once I'm out in the hall.

Whew, I think as I stand in the hallway, but I doubt this strategy will work on everyone. Deacon met me for like one minute years ago, and Cindy met me for about five minutes, and I looked a lot different then. They'll figure out nobody invited me in and kick me out! How mortifying would that be?!

I look around. I don't know the way out. I'm still not sure what to do. I hear noise coming from a room down the hall. It sounds like a TV. Somehow I know Glenn is in that room. I start tip-toeing down the hallway towards the room. I want so badly to see Glenn.

As I get to end of the hallway, I stop right before the entrance to the room. What if Glenn is displeased to see me and tells me to leave? That would be unbearable! I can't risk it. I'll stay out of sight.

I stand to the side of the doorway and peek around. After I get a peek at Glenn, I'll get back to figuring out how to get out without being seen.

There he is, sitting on a couch with the rest of his family, watching TV. He looks fine. Wow. I can't believe he looks so good, I think. He looks like there's nothing wrong. I wish I would have checked on him earlier. I'm hugely relieved.

I notice that the living room looks very old-fashioned - 70s style, down to the wood paneling, the lamps that never seemed to produce much light, and the brown and white striped couch. The TV is that big boxed kind with a wood finish that looks like a piece of furniture. It reminds me of my living room as a small child around '79 or '80, except our couch was dark brown with no stripes. Some of my earliest memories are of playing on the furniture in there when my parents weren't around (no climbing all over the nice couch! The couch is for sitting!)

This doesn't seem odd to me in the dream, despite the fact that the rest of the house is modern. It's just an interesting coincidence. All the while I'm thinking, He looks fine.

Suddenly, I'm outside again, but I'm still filled with that enormous sense of relief. Glenn didn't seem to be in any pain. He was just having a nice time watching TV with his family. Maybe he won't tour anymore or make any more new music, but I can accept that if Glenn is OK.

Then my dream gets even better! The second part...

In a wink, I've gone from standing outside in daylight to walking along a sidewalk at night. I turn and Glenn is right there beside me, walking along next to me. "I wish you had been here yesterday," he says casually as we walk. "We watched a movie called 'The Seed.' It was good."

I'm thinking excitedly, OOH, Glenn wishes I had seen a movie with him and his family! This is so cool! But all I say is, "'The Seed' - I think I've heard of that - is it a horror movie?"

"No, it's about aliens," he replies. "I think you would like it."

I nod. "Yeah,I'm not big on horror movies, but I love sci-fi." Even as I say this, I know I would gladly see any movie Glenn had invited me to, horror movie or not, and like it! Once again, I think, I wish I had known he was doing so well. I would have come much earlier.

We continue walking along. I don't know where we are or where we're going, but I don't care. He is talking about movies - maybe he's taking me to a movie theater! He's acting like this is the most natural thing in the world, for us to be strolling down the street together. I force myself to act naturally too, like it's no big deal, but inside I'm so freaking thrilled.

I want to tell him, "Thanks for hanging out with me one last time" but then I think if I say that, it'll finalize it. Maybe he wants to hang out more than one time! He looks so healthy, after all. Maybe he has lots of time left.

As we walk along, Glenn spots a club across the street that has on its marquee "JACK TEMPCHIN." He's playing that club even as we speak! Glenn is excited. "Let's go see Jack!"

We hurry across the street to the club. The guy who takes tickets stops us because we don't have any. Since we're in a hurry, I huff, "Why are you stopping us? This is Glenn Frey!"

The guy starts to apologize but Glenn just gets his wallet out and says "No, it's fine. I'll pay for the tickets."

I blush because he obviously doesn't use his celebrity to get in places. I hope Glenn doesn't think less of me due to my feeble attempt to do so on his behalf! I look at his face but he doesn't appear unhappy with me. He's buying two tickets, so I must not have blown it with my faux pas. Phew!

As Glenn pays, I see a sign on the wall that says "RIP GLEN FREY - January 18, 2016." Instead of feeling sad, I'm just annoyed that they spelled Glenn's name wrong. As we start walking in, I tell the guy, "Seriously, you need to fix that. I can't believe you spelled his name wrong on his RIP sign. There are TWO 'ns.'"

Glenn hears me scolding the guy and laughs. "I see that all the time. Even on the RIP stuff, people spell it wrong." He's chuckling as we go in to the club. He's not bothered at all!

Then I woke up... feeling good. The dream felt so real. I actually tried to go back to sleep again to get a "Part 3" but no luck.

I'm amazed that I looked right at that RIP sign in the dream, knew the date of his death was correct, and didn't even blink because after all, Glenn was right there, and he was unfazed by it. He was laughing. He was happy.

I knew I had to write this dream out before I forgot it and share it with you guys! If you read the whole thing, congrats! lol

08-20-2016, 01:11 PM
I did remember that Thursday marked the 7 month anniversary since Glenn's passing. However, I have been so busy the last few weeks that I didn't get a chance to post anything - doesn't mean I don't still miss him though. :sad:

And Soda - I read every word of your post and it made me happy too. :inlove:

So that's the way it goes for me these past 7 months - the mixed emotions still alive and well.

buffyfan145
08-20-2016, 03:59 PM
Wow Soda that was a great dream!!! :D It made me really happy to read that and that he was happy in it too. Funny about the name misspelling as that has been bugging me personally still seeing people not spelling it right. LOL

As for last Thursday I didn't even realize it either but it was my birthday, which is weird because when Glenn passed I knew it was the same day of the month and I was thinking of him still with knowing I'll be seeing Don Tuesday.

AlreadyGone95
08-20-2016, 04:43 PM
I blame school for making me forget until very early this morning.

Soda, that dream was cool to read. It put a smile on my face. I also get annoyed by the name spelling mistakes, but it's the thought that counts, right?

I don't know how I feel. Even though I'm very busy, I still think of Glenn every day. I think that the mood I'm in at the time I think of him affects what I feel. For example, if I'm happy, I feel thankful for the amount of music he left us with and all that he was able to do with his life.

Freypower
08-20-2016, 06:01 PM
I remembered the date; I always will. But I didn't realise people wanted to be reminded of it every month, so I didn't post anything.:depressed:

travlnman2
08-25-2016, 09:01 PM
So yesterday I was coming home from the gym and had the Very Best Of The Eagles in my Car player. CD2 has some smudges and scratches so I had to skip several songs and need to clean it. So the Final track a Hole In The World came on and the harmonies were so beautiful. The track was just really too emotion al to drive to. The scenery coming back was just perfect. It was a partly cloudy sky. Then the song came on and the clouds started fading and the sun rays were visible through the clouds with some of the white clouds surrounding the sun and the green grass. It just made me emotional because I was thinking of my Grandmother who passed away in 2014 and then Glenn because it just makes you think of celebrities are just regular humans and I knew my grandmother was watching me. I also know that Glenn was up there playing with all the other musicians. Then when the song ended the clouds came back in again.

I had to change it to Get Over It to make me focus on driving.

sodascouts
08-25-2016, 11:09 PM
So yesterday I was coming home from the gym and had the Very Best Of The Eagles in my Car player. CD2 has some smudges and scratches so I had to skip several songs and need to clean it. So the Final track a Hole In The World came on and the harmonies were so beautiful. The track was just really too emotion al to drive to. The scenery coming back was just perfect. It was a partly cloudy sky. Then the song came on and the clouds started fading and the sun rays were visible through the clouds with some of the white clouds surrounding the sun and the green grass. It just made me emotional because I was thinking of my Grandmother who passed away in 2014 and then Glenn because it just makes you think of celebrities are just regular humans and I knew my grandmother was watching me. I also know that Glenn was up there playing with all the other musicians. Then when the song ended the clouds came back in again.

I had to change it to Get Over It to make me focus on driving.

I understand what you mean. Reminds me of "No More Cloudy Days", too.

travlnman2
08-26-2016, 10:53 AM
I agree soda. what was really striking was how well the Song sounded on my Car radio. I hate the car because my sister got to pick it when she got her license. She is a two and a half years older. January 96 I was born in November 98.

But yeah I literally started crying.

AlreadyGone95
08-26-2016, 03:43 PM
Timothy talks about Glenn's death in this new Rolling Stone article.(not the best title,imo.)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/timothy-schmit-on-glenn-frey-hes-dead-its-unbelievable-w436325

buffyfan145
08-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Thanks AG for posting. I think that's the first time Timothy's said anything or that I remember seeing. It's still hard to process for us and I can't imagine how it is for them.

FWIW
08-26-2016, 05:09 PM
Thanks for posting the link, AG95. The title is a bit jarring, but it highlights the point that the guys are all still trying to cope with Glenn's death.

I do have to vent a little -- I can't believe the article misspelled Glenn's name!

Glennsallnighter
08-27-2016, 04:04 AM
Thanks for posting that AG. I seem to get these alerts the day AFTER everyone else. I too can only imagine how the other guys in the band, the backing band and the support structures must be feeling. I imagine they too are still reeling from this. I suppose it's good that Don, Joe and now Timothy are continuing on playing solo shows but it also reinforces the finality ( is that a word) that Glenn :heart:s death caused

Annoying Twit
08-27-2016, 05:50 AM
The Tim article does say that Eagles will play at the Kennedy Awards. Or, will they just turn up without playing?

UndertheWire
08-27-2016, 06:45 AM
He talks about sitting near the president and watching other people's take on their work. So no suggestion that they would play.

Annoying Twit
08-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Ah yes, I misunderstood that.

08-27-2016, 02:33 PM
First of all, I'm sorry about your health issues, Janette. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

And thanks for that link, AG. these are the first public remarks I remember hearing from Timothy about Glenn's death too. Glenn's passing has had such an impact on so many people on so many different levels, but most especially, his family and his bandmates. I know how it is for me as a fan, so it's really hard to imagine how they cope and adjust to life without him.

shunlvswx
08-28-2016, 03:14 PM
I was looking at my guide on my tv and Roadies season finale is tonight and they were going to have a ton of famous stars in their show tonight. I know Jackson Browne is one of them, but I can't remembered the others.

As I was reading the info on the episode. Here's what it says.

A lineup of rock stars, celebrities, and icons are present at a special tribute to a rock n roll icon at the Forum in Inglewood, CA. Made me think of Glenn since his memorial services was at the forum.

Maybe Cameron had Glenn in mind for that episode. And the episode tonight is called The Load Out. Sounds familiar.

UndertheWire
09-01-2016, 08:16 AM
A rough transcript from and interview with Timothy (http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/video/category/arts-entertainment-movies/3465599-the-eagles-bassist/):

It's kind of a long term "Oh My God, he's not here any more" kind of feeling. Time, it's healing up a bit but it's never going to go away. It's just a very odd and strange thing and it's changed everybody's lives in the band.

Brooke
09-01-2016, 10:25 AM
I'm sure. :sad:

Glennsallnighter
09-02-2016, 05:05 AM
And so many lives outside the band too :sigh:

DivineDon
09-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Sending you best wishes, Janeatte G. I had a throat scare myself in the last couple of years so I have a little idea of what you're going through.

sodascouts
09-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Thanks for posting that tidbit from Timothy, UTW.

RudieCantFail
09-18-2016, 10:46 PM
I was watching the Primetime Emmys, and they showed a photo of Glenn from the Farewell 1 DVD in the In Memoriam segment. Glenn was wearing a suit jacket and the pink colored shirt (I'm bad w/ colors, but hopefully, you know what I mean). Don was behind him on drums.

I was afraid that they might not show his picture during the segment, but I thought there may be a chance due to his appearances on Miami Vice, South of Sunset, and a few other shows. His musical contributions to Miami Vice were significant enough, IMO. My hopes were increased when I saw David Bowie in the segment, and then sure enough, they showed Glenn.

ETA: Here's the Twitter video of the In Memoriam segment:
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/777698297704099840
Glenn shows up at the 1:56 mark, right after Arthur Hiller.

zeldabjr
09-18-2016, 10:49 PM
I was watching the Primetime Emmys, and they showed a photo of Glenn from the Farewell 1 DVD in the In Memoriam segment. Glenn was wearing a suit jacket and the pink colored shirt (I'm bad w/ colors, but hopefully, you know what I mean). Don was behind him on drums.

I was afraid that they might not show his picture during the segment, but I thought there may be a chance due to his appearances on Miami Vice, South of Sunset, and a few other shows. His musical contributions to Miami Vice were significant enough, IMO. My hopes were increased when I saw David Bowie in the segment, and then sure enough, they showed Glenn.

I didn't even think about him being in that segment...was shocked when they said his name...now can't stop crying...

buffyfan145
09-19-2016, 09:56 AM
I was hoping Glenn would be in it and he was. Such a nice tribute to all the actors, athletes, musicians, reporters, and others in the TV industry.

sodascouts
09-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Thank you so much for that, Rudie. I was very upset that I had missed it. So glad they included Glenn.

Glennsallnighter
10-18-2016, 05:59 PM
9 months today - still hard to believe :sad:

GlennLover
10-18-2016, 07:59 PM
:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::cry::cry::sad :

10-18-2016, 08:02 PM
Yep - it was the first thing that popped in my mind when I woke up this morning. We miss you Glenn!

sodascouts
10-18-2016, 08:11 PM
Thinking about him a lot today as well. My heart still breaks.

GlennLover
10-18-2016, 08:19 PM
I still sometimes break into tears at moments when something reminds me of him.

AlreadyGone95
10-21-2016, 10:32 AM
I've been extremely busy this past week or so, but I did think about the anniversary on Tuesday. It definitely doesn't seem like 9 months has passed. :sad:

shunlvswx
11-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Can't you believe its been a year today that we found out Glenn was sick and they had to postpone their KCH until next year(which is this year).:sad: Wow!! Who would had thought 2 months later we would lose Glenn.

AlreadyGone95
11-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I looked at my Facebook "On This Day" this morning, and an article I had posted about Glenn was at the very top. I was taken aback for a few seconds. I couldn't believe it had been a whole year since the postponement announcement.(Where has the time gone?) I had wished Glenn the best, but unfortunately, the best wasn't meant to be. :(

shunlvswx
11-04-2016, 09:56 AM
I always say this. If it wasn't for the guys being picked to be honored at the KCH last year, we probably wouldn't had known Glenn was sick.

Its sad that Glenn spent his birthday in the hospital.

buffyfan145
11-04-2016, 09:01 PM
I just had a moment with my Dad telling me he forgot to tell me he saw Glenn in a movie yesterday. :) My Dad's on vacation and was watching TV yesterday and started watching "Jerry Maguire" and totally forgot Glenn was in it but knew I'd want to know.

sodascouts
11-04-2016, 10:04 PM
A sad anniversary. I don't know what to put on GFO for his birthday on Sunday. Last year on November 6, I celebrated what was the 10th anniversary of the site as well as his birthday. Seems like a long time ago now.

Houston Baby
11-05-2016, 12:52 PM
That's a tough one Soda....

I want to celebrate tomorrow the fact that 68 years ago, Glenn Lewis Frey was born. He certainly made a difference in my life and I am so thankful for that.

What an impact he made on so many!

LuvTim
11-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Glenn Frey was a real treasure. And he left so much of himself to us all. :heart:

Gemini
11-05-2016, 02:54 PM
I want to celebrate tomorrow the fact that 68 years ago, Glenn Lewis Frey was born. He certainly made a difference in my life and I am so thankful for that.

That's a really, really nice way frame a difficult day, HB.

LovinGlennGirl
11-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Stuck between wanting to hide all day, play dvd's and cd's all day, and shouting to the world that I MISS GLENN FREY!!!!

But mostly I just want to cry.

Freypower
11-05-2016, 06:41 PM

It's November 6 here today. It's very hard to know how to think or what to do. But what you say is correct.

Glennsallnighter
11-05-2016, 06:48 PM

I feel exactly the same. I always celebrated his birthday both on and off the Border. Its just different this year and uncharted waters for us all.

Glennsallnighter
11-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Stuck between wanting to hide all day, play dvd's and cd's all day, and shouting to the world that I MISS GLENN FREY!!!!

But mostly I just want to cry.

Yeah, I do too. Trying to put a brave face on it but its a difficult day for all his fans to get through

buffyfan145
11-05-2016, 08:44 PM
I guess it's more of me having had other family, friends, and celebrities I've loved pass away that I still celebrate their birthdays as I did when they were still here. It's the day they were brought into our world and they're still a part of it as long as we're still here and thinking of them. The first one with them gone is bittersweet but we're celebrating their life and all the good things. I'll be posting tomorrow on various sites and playing his music like I always did.

GlennLover
11-05-2016, 10:47 PM
It's almost the 6th here. I will certainly be a day of mixed emotions.

sodascouts
11-15-2016, 02:44 PM
Missing Glenn today. No reason or anniversary. Just missing him.

FreyFollower
11-15-2016, 05:59 PM
Right there with you, Soda.

Glennsallnighter
11-15-2016, 06:16 PM
Me too. I was looking for Christmas stuff today and I came across my bag with old tour books and calendars etc. I was so sad coz last time I saw them I'd never have thought what was going to happen.

sodascouts
11-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Another month gone.

GlennLover
11-19-2016, 12:40 AM
It hound be getting easier by now. It's not?

UndertheWire
11-22-2016, 10:02 AM
I have my own little memorial - I bought a few of Glenn's favourite* pencils and when I use them, I have happy thoughts. I haven't been inspired to write any lyrics, yet.

[*If you remember, Jack Tempchin wrote about a thank you present from Cindy which included legal pad and pencils. I managed to track down an online stationer who sells the pencils over here.]

GlennLover
11-22-2016, 10:29 AM
That's cool, UtW. I was thinking of that quote yesterday. Jack said that part of the reason she sent those things to him is just "because she is Cindy". It shows what a thoughtful and caring person she must be.

shunlvswx
11-22-2016, 10:34 AM
With KCH a week and a half away. I'll be thinking of Cindy, the kids, the guys and of course Glenn that Sunday night. I don't know if I can watch seeing the guys and Cindy up there in Glenn's place that night. Its going to be emotional and I know they will have the camera on Cindy sometimes as they show the honorees enjoying the people who were paying tribute to the Eagles.

WalshFan88
11-23-2016, 10:23 PM
I watched HOTE on my drive back home after my Florida trip and Glenn seemed to have quite a bit of "life" and energy left at the time of that documentary. I think it's so sad that the medicine that likely gave him some relief was the one that weakened his immune system to the pneumonia that ultimately killed him. I found myself getting upset watching the doc, but not in a angry way as before.

As someone who wasn't a huge GF fan, and was absolutely against him in some areas, the more I hear of him the more I can now appreciate certain aspects of his personality in the documentary. I'm not saying I think it's fair or ok, but I can appreciate him standing up for what HE thought was right for the band. And that I can respect. I may not ever have agreed with him, but the man stood up for what he believed in, and everyday I'm learning more and more that's the way to be. Again, I may not agree with him but that's a respectable trait in anyone I feel regardless who may be right. When you give that up you lose a whole lot more.

UndertheWire
11-25-2016, 12:45 PM
Austin, I'm glad you are able to see it in a slightly more positive light and get take something good from it. For me, it helps to keep a certain detachment and not worry too much about the rights and wrongs and just try to understand why it worked. Glenn didn't behave as I would have but then I don't have what it takes to achieve his level of success. In fact, I recognise more of myself in the people who sit around complaining.

Last week, I read a comment from someone who had worked as Glenn's roadie during the 70s and he said how Glenn had changed his life and that he was grateful. A little research showed he had gone on to set up his own concert promotion business. It reminded me of the other stories of people who had gone on to achieve their own success with encouragement (and sometimes other support) from Glenn.

I know I've written this before, but I continue to be surprised at how warmly people who actually knew Glenn speak of him compared to the mass of negativity from those who didn't. I know that's partly an internet thing where people love to criticise based on little information.

NightMistBlue
11-28-2016, 03:01 PM
Glenn didn't behave as I would have but then I don't have what it takes to achieve his level of success. In fact, I recognise more of myself in the people who sit around complaining.

Full marks for honesty, UtW! I think most of us could agree with you, if we had your discernment.

shunlvswx
11-28-2016, 03:34 PM
I have to admit. I didn't like Glenn at first either especially after watching HOTE. I think a lot of people who don't follow the Eagles like for we do didn't like Glenn's attitude and didn't understand how he conducted the Eagles. Glenn got a lot of flake after the HOTE, but for me. Once I've gotten learn more about Glenn, I started to love and appreciate Glenn. He tried his best keep the band happy and keep the band together. I think he did a great job.

I wish I've gotten to know Glenn more and saw him in concert.

LovinGlennGirl
11-28-2016, 08:42 PM
I've loved Glenn from the beginning. Sometimes I think he gave up part of himself for the sake of the band. I wish he had sang more and gave himself more credit. I really don't see him as ego driven as it may sometimes come across. He could have sang lead more, played lead guitar more, etc but he didn't. Yes he was a hard task master, but he expected just as much of himself. He gave us everything right to the end. I am thankful Glenn was on this earth and he and Don with the Eagles touched my heart and soul with their poetic lyrics and masterful music.

sodascouts
11-28-2016, 10:20 PM
I came into this fandom knowing nothing about Glenn except that he was the guy who sang "The Heat Is On", "You Belong to the City", and "Smuggler's Blues" and that, judging by Hell Freezes Over, he was the Eagles that had aged the best.

I have told this story before, but I became a hard core in 2005 after seeing Don Henley with Stevie Nicks and thinking I wanted to go buy some more Eagles stuff, then realizing my favorite Eagles stuff was sung by Glenn.

Once I get into something, I go deep. I read everything I could on Glenn, but the thing that really got me besides his voice was how he was in interviews. He NEVER came off as egotistical; indeed he was often self-deprecating. In television interviews, he came off as genuine; in concert videos, he came off as passionate and invested. That passion about music drew me to him but I never was turned off by "ego." Far from it.

He was complex, he was flawed, but he was genius. As UTW said, those who really knew him knew that he while he could be harsh, he was mostly kind. Yes, he had his bad moments, and it's unfortunate that they were aired so publicly. However, those bad moments were far outweighed by the good. I wish more people would care about that.

The deeper I dug with Glenn, the more enamored I became. When I finally was lucky enough to interact with him, he was ever better than I had dreamed.

I've been lucky enough to meet many of my heroes. None of them treated me even close to the way Glenn treated me, nor would I expect them to. After all, I'm a nobody, just another fan in a sea of fans. That's why it was so staggering when Glenn treated me like I was special when I was at one of the lowest points in my life.

I will go ahead and say this here publicly for the first time, knowing that this post is so long that most readers won't make it this far:

I was very depressed in those last years at Purdue ( 2005-2008 ). In 2004, I received a high pass on my prelims and everyone expected great things of me, but in 2005, it all came to screeching halt. I was at a standstill on my dissertation. With the stress, the weight started to pile on, and soon I weighed more than I had ever weighed in my life. I saw my life spiraling out of control and I blamed myself for not being strong enough to pull out of it. Oh, I wore a smile; I was bubbly and cheerful, always joking around. Very few people knew that I actually hated myself. I felt like a fat, ugly failure, and it wasn't getting better. Every day felt like just another opportunity to fail at life. And it was THEN, it was THEN that Glenn was kind to me.

Thank you, Glenn. Thank you so much for not caring that I wasn't sexy, not caring that I wasn't "cool", not caring that I was an outsider; thank you for making me feel like I was worth something when I felt so worthless.

Sadly, I never told Glenn any of that. I wish I had. I started to many times - that unfinished letter is on my hard drive and I can't bring myself to delete it.

No, Glenn will not be forgotten. Not by me. Never.

He was a man; take him for all in all. I shall not look upon his like again.

GlennLover
11-28-2016, 11:22 PM
Nancy, your post brought me to tears. We truly don't know what is going on behind a sunny exterior. I believe that I also "shall not look upon his like again" and I never even met him. You are so fortunate to have met him and I'm so glad that his kindness helped you so greatly.

I'm sure he knew that he was very special to you even though he didn't know what you were going through and how he helped you. I witnessed his recognition of you (and a few others) at his second concert in Niagara Falls in 2011. You could tell that he told that little story about you following him around the golf course at Pebble Beach in less than ideal golfing weather not just because he happened to recognize you, but because he knew that you were not an ordinary fan and he was not just a "rock star" to you. He wouldn't have gone out of his way to meet with you otherwise.

I'm glad that your dark days are over. You sure are looking good, girl!

FreyFollower
11-28-2016, 11:49 PM
I agree, LGG. And Soda, your post made me cry. Although I never met him or even saw a concert, my experience was much the same.
I think growing up small in a tough town left him with a sometimes gruff exterior that is often misunderstood. People make snap judgements based on incomplete information. Even the doc didn't allow Glenn to explain his actions. Such as the band's attempt to reunite in '90. He told Nicky Horne that he was planning on getting married, he wanted to take her to Europe, and start a family--it just wasn't a good time. It looked like he just blew them off. If folks would delve deeper they would find a man much different than he is often portrayed. As Bernie said, they had a lot to deal with, and did the best they could.
I think many would be surprised at all the stories out there of folks he helped in ways big and small. No, he didn't toot his own horn, but I will! He said he wanted to play music because he wanted to make people happy. And he did--millions of them.

buffyfan145
11-29-2016, 11:38 AM
Soda, your post got me teared up too. I too have dealt with depression as well as bad anxiety for most of my life so I understand all too well. From everything I've read since Glenn passed and yours and others posts he sounded so kind and was a good person and wanted his vision of his band to happen. He did have his faults but everyone does. I knew bit and pieces over the years with my parents being fans but even they never talked about any of the bad stuff or viewed any of them badly. I learned things as I grew up and in the HOTE doc but I seem to have a good judge of character with people in general but especially with my favorite celebrities and fictional characters. There was something about Glenn that first made me love his voice as a toddler and then when I actually saw him during "Hell Freezes Over" on TV in 1994. Maybe it was also because he was my Mom's favorite but I trust my intuition and why he because a favorite of mine.

Brooke
11-29-2016, 04:56 PM
Soda, what a beautiful post about Glenn, brought me to tears too. I'm also sure that he knew how special he was to you, he wouldn't have reached out to you otherwise. How wonderful that he treated you so good when you needed it most.

This is weird, Smugglers Blues just came on my radio........

Your words here are perfect: "He NEVER came off as egotistical; indeed he was often self-deprecating. In television interviews, he came off as genuine; in concert videos, he came off as passionate and invested. That passion about music drew me to him but I never was turned off by "ego." Far from it.

He was complex, he was flawed, but he was genius. As UTW said, those who really knew him knew that he while he could be harsh, he was mostly kind."

Yes, Glenn was the leader of the band and sometimes people disagreed with what the leader decided. But someone had to make a stand or they couldn't have gone on. I believe he always took his decisions to heart and tried to do what was best for the band. It wasn't always popular, but in the end he knew what was best. So many have told of his kindnesses and I believe they far outweighed the harshness.

Gone, but never forgotten.

UndertheWire
11-30-2016, 06:22 AM
Soda, thank you for sharing your story. To me, you look good in the photo you had taken with Glenn at Niagara.

I was reminded of this comment from Randy:

"Glenn, with his playing and his personality, he was one special person. He was the frontman on stage. He was a good talker and really good with people. I was more shy, staying in the background," Meisner said.
From numerous stories, it seems that Glenn was more interested in hearing about other people and their lives than talking about himself. Even when describing his own experiences, he would often relate them to his audience. I'm not sure I'm expressing this well, so I'll give an example.

In one interview, Glenn was asked if as a teenager he dreamed of being so successful. His answer was "Of course, doesn't everyone?" and I was transported back to the age when I thought I could do anything if only I wanted it enough. A more typical celebrity answer is along the lines of "never in my wildest dreams did I believe that a poor boy from back-of-beyond could make it so big" and that makes it all about the star who through his talent and luck has made it to the big time. I'm still not expressing this well, but one answer is inclusive and the other is exclusive.

shunlvswx
12-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Bringing over a few pictures of Glenn's family from the KCH here.

http://www.bta.bg/en/gallery/showImage/?image=3804258

http://www.bta.bg/en/gallery/showImage/?image=3804260

Cindy with Don, Joe and Timothy
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af341/shunlvswx1/15268080_913619235336978_8214294033764560562_n.jpg

Brooke
12-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Beautiful family! I'm amazed at how much Deacon looks like Glenn!

I'm also thinking he has his hair! :wink:

buffyfan145
12-05-2016, 05:44 PM
I'm loving all these pictures!!! :D It's so nice to see all of them as well as Don's, Joe's, and Timothy's families too. I see Glenn in all three of his kids and agree with you Brooke.

sodascouts
12-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Great to see these photos.

buffyfan145
12-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Saw a really great fanart on Tumblr this morning I thought I'd share as a user drew a picture of 1972 Glenn for another fan and I love it!!! :D

http://68.media.tumblr.com/2cd49ea6e780e726fb0a8ef2bc915ff8/tumblr_oi007uX34I1vfi5v3o1_1280.jpg

Link to the artist's post here:

http://silveraspensart.tumblr.com/post/154311299761/glenn-frey-circa-1972-for-anon-hope-you-like-it

Delilah
12-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Awww, I love it too! Only quibble I have is I think he should have been wearing boots. Overall nice job by the artist.:thumbsup:

Brooke
12-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Love it!

UndertheWire
12-13-2016, 12:19 PM
This is from a recent interview with TBS on Sirius:

“It is still a shock. It’s hard for me to believe,” Schmit said. “I don’t think about it every day now, but I did for a long time and I would always just shake my head in disbelief, really, that someone who was so charismatic and such a large personality and such a big part of my life and a big influence on my life and so many other people, that he just isn’t here anymore. We’re all still processing that.”

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/12/12/timothy-b-schmit-remembers-glenn-frey-to-me-glenn-was-an-essential-part-of-the-eagles/

sodascouts
12-13-2016, 10:23 PM
That's a fantastic drawing!

UTW, thanks for posting that Timothy quote.

GlennLover
12-18-2016, 08:44 AM
11 months today. :weep::weep::weep: Still can't believe it. Still hurts. :cry::cry::cry::headshake:

buffyfan145
12-18-2016, 10:48 AM
It's hard to believe it's almost been a year. :cry:

sodascouts
12-18-2016, 09:32 PM
It's also hard to think about what was going on last year at this time.

GlennLover
12-18-2016, 11:45 PM
It's also hard to think about what was going on last year at this time.

So true, especially with the most recent info that we have heard about his surgery. :headshake: :sad:

UndertheWire
12-19-2016, 07:37 AM
It makes me sad to think his life was effectively over by early November. Several of Glenn's songs are about someone saying goodbye before he dies and I don't like to think that he didn't have that opportunity. My hope is than when they wakened him from the coma, he had a few hours with his family before he was put back under.

That's enough of those thoughts. I'll go back to thinking of him being strong and well and that as a pragmatic and organised person he would have prepared for death even though he expected to live.

Brooke
12-19-2016, 11:32 AM
I can't believe it's been nearly a year. :sad:

shunlvswx
12-19-2016, 01:14 PM
Now after getting more information on what was going on with Glenn leading up to November and then the last few months of his life, it is sad of what Glenn was going through. I just don't want to think about it.

I really do hope he did wake up just for a little while before he went back into the coma. I don't know if he woke up or not. One article around the time he died said he did wake up and they put him back in the coma and another article said he never woke up after they put him into a coma.

With his and David Bowie's death coming up in a few weeks, its just going to be a sad day, but I will try my best to celebrate their lives.