PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Glenn Frey

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Elle81
01-18-2021, 12:53 PM
Glenn's most famous solo hits, "The Heat is on" and "you belong to the city" were on constant rotation on the San Diego radio stations in the mid 80s and Sea World played both songs every night in the summer for their after hours shows. And my grandparents (who raised my sister and I) got 12 month passes to the park, so so we went almost every night to the park. So when I was young, His music became a staple of my childhood. I don't have many fond memories of that time in my life, but the ones I do, are set to Glenn's music. That's the main reason why I gave my son the middle name of Glenn. Thank you for the memories, Glenn. :heart:

groupie2686
01-18-2021, 09:48 PM
Unbelievable it's been 5 years...where did the time go. Thank you Dreamer and Soda for posting the photos and videos today! We love and miss you Glenn.

FreyFollower
01-19-2021, 10:41 AM
2020 was such a hard year, with terrible losses. The older I get, the more I appreciate the loved ones I still have, and more clearly see what a blessing those who have now passed on were to me. Glenn meant a lot to many people, and we are forever grateful for his positive impact on our lives. So much fond, yet sad reminiscing this day. Love you always, Our Glenn.

AlreadyGone95
01-18-2022, 09:14 AM
My Facebook memories reminded me of what today is. Six years.... where has the time gone? Glenn, you still live on your fans' hearts and minds. Your legacy and your music live on and will continue to do so.

Brooke
01-18-2022, 05:30 PM
It's been awhile since I've been here. I remembered Glenn today and had to come by. Miss him still. :sad:

sodascouts
01-18-2022, 06:31 PM
Here's what I just posted on GlennFreyOnline's main page:

Six years isn't some "landmark year" like five years but it doesn't matter. This day still hits hard.

I just try to approach it as a day to remember not his death but his life, to remember what a special person he was, to remember how not only his talent but also his personal contributions made our lives better and made the world better.

Glenn Frey will always be Part of Me, Part of You.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-18-2022, 11:58 PM
I decided that two of Glenn's lifelong friends could pay tribute to Glenn much better than I can. Therefore, I am reposting videos by Bob Seger and a video and poem by Jack Tempchin. We miss you Glenn.

Bob Seger Forever Young concert tribute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NVMipe5Z-0)

Bob Seger Glenn Song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuwHiU1SJqE)

Bob Seger I Knew You When (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fAYZvrIHkg)

Jack Tempchin There's No Goodbye (https://www.reverbnation.com/jacktempchin/song/20251872-theres-no-goodbye)

When You Lose Someone - Jack Tempchin

One day we were gonna
Sit on the porch
And look out to sea
And talk about the ups and downs
Of things that used to be
Cruising in our rocking chairs
Faraway look in our eyes
Remembering all the things
That came to you and I

Remembering puffy white cloud days
Of victory rolling by
And the whole world listening to us
That's what came to you and I
But you never know
You never think
That things will come undone
I guess that's what happens
When you lose someone

The copper sun
The pale blue sky
I'm rocking all alone
And looking out to nowhere
Thinking of all that I've known

Someone to share
And be with
Someone who knows your mind
Someone whose been there with you
That's what makes it all so fine

Now I'm just an old man's voice
Talking all alone
Bout everything I had and lost
And all that's been my own
It ain't no good
It don't seem right
It really ain't no fun
But that's what life has for you
When you lose someone

There always is a bright side
That you can look on to
But your never gonna see it
If you don't see the dark side too
There's an empty hole that just won't fill
There's a mockingbird that just won't trill
There's a dawn that never comes
When you lose someone

WalshFan88
01-19-2022, 01:37 AM
RIP Glenn. I can't believe it's been 6 years.

FreyFollower
01-19-2022, 04:46 AM
http://glennfreyonline.com/images/SWDesperado31.jpg
Thanks for everything, Glenn. With love.:heart::heart::heart:

FreyFollower
01-19-2022, 05:42 AM
I was looking on ebay and saw a photo from 1989 of Glenn and Cindy arriving at a Hollywood studio party. (I had seen it before). The clincher was a note on the back from the photographer. She said he was arriving with his date and made up her name (Cindy-Rella) :laugh: Loved that man!!
What a wonderful sense of humor he had! Pure wit! Another attribute we will always miss.

Thanks for posting those beautiful tributes, Dreamer!!

New Kid In Town
01-20-2022, 08:45 AM
So hard to be believe it has been six years ! :-( Such a sad day for his family, friends and all who miss him.
Dreamer and Soda - Thank you for the beautiful words. And, to all our Border friends who remember Glenn today. Bob and Jack were wonderful life long friends to Glenn. Love they way they chose to remember him and his legacy.

sodascouts
01-18-2023, 02:56 AM
It's January 18th again. As this day approaches, I always think, "Here it comes again..." The day that shook us all up so badly, the day we lost Glenn.

But at least, on this day, we can take some extra time to reflect on just how amazing he was, and how his legacy still thrives now that he's gone. His music continues to be a part of people's everyday lives all around the world; his voice is woven into the fabric of modern culture. He left a deep and lasting imprint on this world not only as a musician, but also as a person. He was "one of the good ones."

I'm going to pull out the "Above the Clouds" collection and give it a listen as well as watch the accompanying Strange Weather: Live in Dublin DVD, and I'll be celebrating Glenn Frey today.

Also, I'm going to post these great photos taken by GlennsAllnighter which I love, both from the NYC 2014 show:

http://glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyLisaNYC09-13-14-01.jpg

http://glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyLisaNYC09-13-14-03.jpg

Happy memories!

FreyFollower
01-18-2023, 11:28 AM
Missing you so!

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/hfo143.JPG

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/hfo220.JPG

"Now you're standing in the light.":heart::heart::heart:

01-19-2023, 12:07 AM
I had planned to do more on here today, but I got a call from my brother this morning and he wanted me to help him out with some shopping for his daughter. After that, we met his wife for dinner. Anyway, I think I'll follow Soda's lead and listen to/watch all of the 'Above the Clouds' compilation over the next few days. To mark this 7th anniversary date, I decided to repost the memorial that Soda, HoustonBaby, and I made for Glenn at Cap Rock in Joshua Tree National Park in the spring of 2016. For anyone unfamiliar with this, it is the location of the photoshoot for the 'Eagles' LP (and also the place where Gram Parsons stolen body was set on fire).

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/la2016/IMG_5542.jpg

Glenn, I still miss you every day. You left a legacy in this world matched by only a few. Now, you are singing in the Angels Choir.

sodascouts
01-19-2023, 01:00 AM
Dreamer - That was certainly a special day. I'm glad we had a chance to make that memorial.

FreyFollower - great photos! So gorgeous.

FreyFollower
01-19-2023, 01:43 AM
Although "Most of Us are Sad" in a big way today, his heart and spirit always bring a smile.
"Until this grand illusion brings us home.....", Glenn.

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/sos424.jpg

01-19-2023, 12:22 PM
Soda and FF - I love those pictures you chose to share. And I am also so glad that we had the chance to make that memorial for Glenn. What was even more special is that when we (you, me, HoustonBaby, Brooke, Glennsallnighter, and Perfect Little Sister) had our Border gathering on the 1st anniversary of Glenn's passing, we went back and the memorial was still there. We also buried a time capsule which included letters and mementos from each of us.

NYC Fan
01-19-2023, 08:20 PM
Beautiful pictures and remembrances of Glenn, all. Thank you. Loved the memorial at Cap Rock. I was just there in December. Wish I would have remembered to look for that as we walked around, in case it was still there ❤️ Love Joshua Tree so much. It’s such a spiritual place.

Thought of Glenn yesterday, as I often do. Can’t believe it’s been 7 years. Thought I’d share a story from this past Summer. I got to meet Henry Diltz at an exhibit of his photos at the NYC Morrison Hotel Gallery, and he was such a lovely guy. I told him that I had recently bought two of his photos from the gallery (one of the Eagles, and one of Glenn) and how happy they made me whenever I looked at them. Henry said what a great guy Glenn was, and I said how much I still miss him. He smiled and said he knows Glenn is having a great time on the other side.

I try to think of that whenever I think of Glenn in a sad way, and it always makes me smile. I’m sure he is 😁

FreyFollower
01-19-2023, 10:14 PM
Beautiful pictures and remembrances of Glenn, all. Thank you. Loved the memorial at Cap Rock. I was just there in December. Wish I would have remembered to look for that as we walked around, in case it was still there ❤️ Love Joshua Tree so much. It’s such a spiritual place.

Thought of Glenn yesterday, as I often do. Can’t believe it’s been 7 years. Thought I’d share a story from this past Summer. I got to meet Henry Diltz at an exhibit of his photos at the NYC Morrison Hotel Gallery, and he was such a lovely guy. I told him that I had recently bought two of his photos from the gallery (one of the Eagles, and one of Glenn) and how happy they made me whenever I looked at them. Henry said what a great guy Glenn was, and I said how much I still miss him. He smiled and said he knows Glenn is having a great time on the other side.

I try to think of that whenever I think of Glenn in a sad way, and it always makes me smile. I’m sure he is 😁
Great story, NYC Fan. Thank you. Henry sounds to be as good a guy as I have heard he is!

New Kid In Town
01-20-2023, 08:25 PM
Thank everyone for the beautiful pictures/memories of Glenn.
I am late posting this..... I can't believe it has been seven years already. The memorial is beautiful - I had forgot you all had done that. I keep saying I want to go to Joshua Tree - one of these days I hope to get there. My sister went last year with her paramour and she asked me "Isn't that where the Eagles photos were taken "? Ah... YES - lol ! She is a big eagles fan too.
NYC Fan - lucky you ! Henry seems like such a cool guy.

01-21-2023, 01:13 PM
So glad you got to meet Henry, NYC Fan. A few of us Borderers got to meet him at one of the L.A. Forum shows. We also found him to be very friendly and sweet.

groupie2686
01-22-2023, 04:55 PM
Thank you all for the beautiful pictures and memories. I am late posting this, I thought about it on the 18th but didn't make it on here...I can't believe its been 7 years. I love the memorial. I hope to get to LA one of these days and see all the Eagles-related sites, including Joshua Tree.

NYC Fan, that's a great story! I always thought Henry Diltz seemed like he'd be a cool guy to meet.

sodascouts
01-22-2023, 11:02 PM

Awesome that you got to meet Henry Diltz and talk to him about Glenn. Lovely story!

NYC Fan
01-24-2023, 10:07 PM
Henry was such a nice guy. Would have loved to have talked to him more about the photos I bought; about where they were taken, etc., but there were several people waiting to talk to him, and I didn’t want to be “that” person who won’t shut up.

You could tell his affection for Glenn though. His face lit up when he said what a great guy he was. And absolutely no hesitation that Glenn is now having a great time on the other side. It was so sweet.

He was signing album covers. etc. for people, which was so nice. Of course I never thought he would, since it was just an exhibit of his photos, so I didn’t have their first album with me. Would have loved that. Hopefully there will be a next time!

Don’t mean to get off topic, but it’s cool how Glenn is obviously remembered fondly by so many ❤️❤️

sodascouts
01-18-2024, 11:59 AM
Remembering Glenn once again on this day that has becoming one to celebrate his life, to remember the joy he brought to all of us in so many ways.

"Whatever time may take away, it cannot change the way we feel today."

Here's to Glenn Frey!

MarthaJo56
01-18-2024, 04:02 PM
Remembering Glenn once again on this day that has becoming one to celebrate his life, to remember the joy he brought to all of us in so many ways.

"Whatever time may take away, it cannot change the way we feel today."

Here's to Glenn Frey!

You are so right!!!
A beautiful man that brought joy and beautiful music to our world.
He is still so missed. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

FreyFollower
01-18-2024, 05:20 PM
The happiness he brought returns every time his music and memory come to mind in the millions of lives he touched.
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyAnaheim2012.jpg
:angel:So thankful for your beautiful music and heart, Glenn.:heart:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MAH5CkuAVc

01-18-2024, 11:24 PM
It's hard to believe Glenn left us 8 years ago. There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't think of him.

Glenn - You may be gone, but you will never be forgotten. We love you forever!!!

WalshFan88
01-19-2024, 12:00 AM
Definitely doesn't seem like it's been 8 years. Wow.

RIP Glenn. You are sorely missed and I would give anything to go see another Eagles concert with you in the band.

groupie2686
01-20-2024, 04:27 PM
I remember thinking earlier in January that it was coming up, but forgot the actual day...I can't believe its been 8 years. Glenn, you are still so missed.

Glennsallnighter
01-23-2024, 09:57 AM
A bit late this year, but certainly too I have been missing Glenn :heart: a lot this year. Its so hard to believe that he is 8 years goe. And what a different place the world is now.
Lets raise a glass to our hero....

:cheers:

'Here's to Life. Here's to Love.... here's to You........'

Glenn Frey :iloveyou: