PDA

View Full Version : RIP Maurice White

SilverAcidRayne
02-04-2016, 06:42 PM
Well... another staple of my childhood has left. If you guys know Earth Wind & Fire he was one of the main vocalists. I seriously can't. :(

zeldabjr
02-04-2016, 07:54 PM
oh I remember his voice well...loved Earth Wind and Fire...RIP Maurice..

NightMistBlue
02-04-2016, 09:40 PM
He was the mastermind behind the group, his musical and spiritual vision drove the whole thing. Sadly, he suffered from Parkinson's disease for years, that's why he had to stop touring with the band in the 90s.

SilverAcidRayne
02-04-2016, 09:50 PM
I remember hearing about that. It's like I can't feel anything. Glenn took it all out of me.... BMX dude Dave Mirra is dead too.

LuvTim
02-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Wow. I don't even know what to say anymore. There has been so much loss. I'm just so sorry to hear of another one.

AlreadyGone95
02-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Dang, another loss. :(. RIP.

sad-cafe
02-05-2016, 12:23 AM
there must be some kind of rock concert in Heaven

2016 has been a bad year already

shunlvswx
02-05-2016, 12:24 AM
I loved EWF. I saw them in concert I think in 2000 or 2001. I can't remembered the year. Maurice had already retired when they came to my city. A lot of my favorite songs were sung by Maurice.

I don't know what the heck is going on. A lot of singers are dying and some of them had not even hit 70.

RIP Maurice. I can see Glenn doing the circle of fear with David, Maurice, Lemmy, Natalie, Paul (from Jefferson Airplane) and all the people that went before him. Like the Rightous Brothers song goes, its a Rock & Roll Heaven.

SilverAcidRayne
02-05-2016, 03:09 PM
it's like depressing me. because everyone from our generation is leaving. nothing we can do about it but still... :(

OntheBorder74
02-08-2016, 05:12 PM
It just cant be, almost a joke and there all coming from big superstar groups of the 70s you just wonder and dread whose next :(

Ive always been a dreamer
02-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Very sad. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

R.I.P. Maurice

SilverAcidRayne
02-09-2016, 12:30 PM
It just cant be, almost a joke and there all coming from big superstar groups of the 70s you just wonder and dread whose next :(

yeah. I certainly dread the next one. I seriously think Keith Richards is gonna be the last one standing....

LuvTim
02-10-2016, 01:15 AM
yeah. I certainly dread the next one. I seriously think Keith Richards is gonna be the last one standing....

Heh, heh, heh, ....girl, you slay me.

AlreadyGone95
02-10-2016, 02:09 AM
Sorry if this is inappropriate, but there's a joke that us youngsters need to think about what kind of world we'll leave for Keith Richards. Of course, Keith needs to tell us where the fountain of youth is.

I honestly dread reading which musician passes away next. Almost all of my favorite musicians are at least in their 50s, so you never know.

LuvTim
02-10-2016, 11:38 AM
I know, AG. We had a conversation about this last night at my Bunco group. It's so sad. The great ones of the 70's have begun their great departure.

But you know, IMO, there's room for some humor in the sad times of life, as long as we are aware of other people's feelings, too. I remember when my grandmother passed. Part of remembering her was laughing. You couldn't avoid it: she was hilariously funny. And she would have been the first one to crack a joke under the same circumstances. So for me, I can appreciate your joke. (I guess I inherited her sense of humor.) I don't find it inappropriate, but, again, that's just me. I guess it depends on individual differences. :-)